Options

What are the integrations with Wave that are top on your wish list 🤔?

Comments

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@scrollerlb @HappyWifiHappyLife Thanks for dropping some feedback on these integrations!

• Options
    scrollerlbscrollerlb Member Posts: 2

hi Jamie, Any idea when a final decision on which integrations will be pursued will be made? Or how long we should expect to wait for the integrations to actually be implemented and usable?

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@scrollerlb. We still don't have any timeline or set dates for future releases, but once I have a bit more information regarding this I will be happy to jump into this thread and give you an idea (it might be awhile here). Appreciate your patience!

• Options
    xeniumxenium Member Posts: 21
    Wave connect for google sheets looks promising. I'd love to see the addition of:

1. category import for bank txn upload --> add category as column

2. bulk journal upload for multiple dates --> add journal date as column

These features would enable migration from any legacy records stored on google sheets, a potentially huge customer base of small businesses like myself.

Many thanks

See also post at https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/5398/google-sheets-connection-for-recurring-transactions
  • Options
    CodeConnectPtyLtdCodeConnectPtyLtd Member Posts: 5

WooCommerce and Stripe full integration would make life so much easier.

• Options
    TimKTimK Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

@CodeConnectPtyLtd said:
    WooCommerce and Stripe full integration would make life so much easier.

They are likely never going to integrate with another payment processor like Square, Stripe or PayPal. They make money on being a payment processor. Which is why it is shocking to me that they haven't expanded or improved their payment processing options to include things like recurring invoices, multiple payments, etc. It's been over a year and I've seen no updates to payments. Their "checkouts" are useless to most small businesses. PayPal has been doing web checkouts for more than a decade.

At best we can hope for them to integrate with WooCommerce directly, but I'm not holding my breath. Their development process seems really slow.

• Options
    ManiMani Member Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

@TimK We appreciate the candid feedback. I wanted to quickly touch on a few of your points for anyone reading this thread:

1. Recurring invoices have a feature called Automatic Payments that are built using Wave Payments: the same merchant account we provide North American users to process credit cards and bank payments (ACH/EFT). As of now, Automatic Payments only support credit cards, but we'll consider bank payments in the future.
    2. We recently launched Instant Payouts ahead of many other player on the market. This feature allows for a business owner to bypass the ACH networks and not wait 2 business days to get their payout from payments they've collected using Wave. It's optional and only takes 10 seconds to push money to your Visa / Mastercard powered debit card. It costs 1% of the payout amount. This is a feature Square also has on market.
    3. You're right that Checkout has limited use cases today. You've previously given some comments about it on this good thread. If there's more you'd like to share, we'd appreciate hearing it there.
    4. I'm unsure what you mean by "multiple payments". Is this Instalment payments, or payments against Customer Statements? Both are being considered during 2020 planning.

We are actively developing an integration with one of the world's largest eCommerce engines for simple flow of data and automated bookkeeping. We're excited about it and we'll have more to say about that at the end of September 2019. We're also publishing all of the transaction management APIs needed for that integration so that any eCommerce engine can choose to plug in to Wave. More on that in mid-October 2019.

edited September 18, 2019
  • Options
    TimKTimK Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    1. You're right that Checkout has limited use cases today. You've previously given some comments about it on this good thread. If there's more you'd like to share, we'd appreciate hearing it there.
    2. I'm unsure what you mean by "multiple payments". Is this Instalment payments, or payments against Customer Statements? Both are being considered during 2020 planning.

We are actively developing an integration with one of the world's largest eCommerce engines for simple flow of data and automated bookkeeping. We're excited about it and we'll have more to say about that at the end of September 2019. We're also publishing all of the transaction management APIs needed for that integration so that any eCommerce engine can choose to plug in to Wave. More on that in mid-October 2019.

No, my previous comments about the usefulness/limits of checkouts still remain.

As for "multiple payments", I am referring to scheduling multiple invoices for a customer or splitting a billable amount into multiple payments, but not "recurring invoices". My customers are billed in 2 or 3 installments with varying due dates. Recurring invoices and the workarounds that have been offered aren't really sufficient. Ideally, we would be able to bill a full amount (ie $6,000 total), with a $2000 payment due on xx/xx/xxxx, another $2000 payment due on xx/xx/xxxx and a final payment due on xx/xx/xxxx. All with chosen send and due dates. Right now I have to create 3 separate invoices and set reminders for myself to send them on the appropriate dates.

Hopefully your later comments mean WooCommerce integration could be coming....

• Options
    bcobco Member Posts: 1

Transferwise +1

edited October 31, 2019
  • Options
    TabaquandTabaquand Member Posts: 1
    I would love an integration with Google Calendar. In Gcal I have color coded appointments calendars for different streams of income (tutoring, workshops, camps, business support, etc.). If each appointment calendar created a draft invoice with that revenue stream it would help me track income better and see what my monthly projected income would be.
    A second thing I would like is a mileage tracker option or feature or app. I would love to be able to have everything inputting back to Wave, instead of calculating things separately and then inputting them. Something like your receipt app and invoice app, but for mileage.
  • Options
    Samfa29Samfa29 Member Posts: 2

Another vote for a mileage tracker/ simplified mileage entry.
    Also invoicing (proformas) for pre-payments/deposits on scheduled services booked

• Options
    WonderWonder Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

I would love so much for Wave to be able to integrate a timer against my Asana tasks and bring those in as billable line items.

• Options
    WonderWonder Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

Have a native time app. There are many 'timers' around that have invoices...but then the invoices need to be transcribed back into Wave. Would be so much more streamlined if Wave had it's own timer.

• Options
    SkafteSkafte Member Posts: 34
  • Options
    trav2001trav2001 Member Posts: 20
    I’d love to see an integration or feature maybe where milage could be tracked by manual input into main app. Would love to see Business, medical and charity miles be tracked. So many of us are sole proprietors and that would help a lot.
  • Options
    KyleHamrickKyleHamrick Member Posts: 1

I've become a big fan of Cushion (https://cushionapp.com/) for time tracking, forecasting, etc. They allow importing from a few similar services (Zero, Freshbooks, FreeAgent), but I really enjoy the functionality of Wave. I've made a similar request on to Cushion - would love to have those two services work together!

• Options
    Joe_GJoe_G Member Posts: 3

Clockify! Its a free time tracking software and since Wave accounting is free and lacks a time tracking tool, this would be great for its users!

• Options
    PhilipBCPhilipBC Member Posts: 4

@Wonder @KyleHamrick @Joe_G
    Wave has recently launched their Partner Integration with BlueCamroo.
    The core of the integration is bringing Time Tracking and Time Billing to Wave.

Also, these features have been made available to Wave users for Free.

You can learn more about the Wave and BlueCamroo integration here.

• Options
    JessGJessG Member Posts: 54 admin

Thank you so much for your feedback here everybody! Your thoughts and details are very much appreciated! Mileage & time-tracking seem to be trending on the list. Great ideas brought forward.

As always, our product team is always going through the community posts so please continue to add your thoughts here!

• Options
    oMerchantoMerchant Member Posts: 1

I would love to see integration with OpenCart.com
    This would help out my small business tremendously!

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @oMerchant

We use a third party integration software called ZAPIER who is the liaison between Wave and the company looking to create the software integration. I'd recommend reaching out to OpenCart.com to see if this is something they'd be interested in!

• Options
    crazybullcrazybull Member Posts: 1

Integration with TenantCloud is on my list. I use them as my property management tool however I appreciate that i'm probably the only person here. Both Wave and TenantCloud platforms are awesome, integration would be even better. Happy Days!

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @crazybull , welcome to the Community! Thanks so much for offering this integration idea. I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying Wave so far - and happy days right back to you! :)

• Options
    tnpimatttnpimatt Member Posts: 4

Kinda stale thread, but payment integrations for mature (read: old) businesses is really important. I've got two businesses and each has had a PayPal account for over a decade. That's no longer my first choice for processing payments, but it's essential to continue offering it (retraining customers isn't fun). I'd also prefer to use my Stripe account for payments.

• Options
    a11ana11an Member Posts: 1

My wish list would be direct interactions with

Etsy UK
    Amazon UK
    eBay
    Royal Mail Click & Drop

I am new to Wave and would like to automate recording my sales. I had tried using the Zappier integration and am finding nothing but issues. Etsy is not yet integrated and Amazon does not support the UK marketplace. I have managed to get it to work with emails, but the sales information is incomplete.

The other issue with Zappier is that I will go over the 100 tasks limit on the free account and don't want to pay $20 a month. I would probably switch to QuickBooks (£8) before I did this.

If these tasks could be integrated directly then it would be amazing. I expect that there will be a LOT of UK customers looking for online accounting tools like Wave over the next few years as the UK government will force everyone to submit tax returns digitally with the new Making Tax Digital policy. Might be worth possible investing some extra time in the UK at the minute :smile:

• Options
    AntonyUpwardAntonyUpward Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

Transferwise +1

• Options
    IamImportantIamImportant Member Posts: 2

Loyverse + Wave

• Options
    djrichy5djrichy5 Member Posts: 1

@crazybull said:
    Integration with TenantCloud is on my list. I use them as my property management tool however I appreciate that i'm probably the only person here. Both Wave and TenantCloud platforms are awesome, integration would be even better. Happy Days!

I 2nd this notion! Both platforms are great tools and would be awesome if they could integrate.

• Options
    capthowdycapthowdy Member Posts: 1

please integrated with xendit payment gateway
    Xendit website

• Options
    John69John69 Member Posts: 13
    • WooCommerce payment integration with Payments by Wave (hey Wave, think about the additional business that you're going to get from this)
    • "Customer Portal" (see invoices, statement, change address)
      Preferably with web integration, so we can put it directly on the website – or at least a customizable page design and link-back to website.