Checkout by Wave: An easy, professional way to get paid up front

Comments

• kidcreationskingwoodkidcreationskingwood Member Posts: 1

Will the Checkouts also allow a customer to tip?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @kidcreationskingwood great question! We don't currently have a tipping feature implemented in Wave. In a Checkout, you can only pay the exact amount that the product costs currently.

• ghismartghismart Member Posts: 2

Is it possible to get a generic payment link with wave like paypal.me with Paypal?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @ghismart

I have merged your account with the Checkout article. Not sure if you've looked into this however it allows you to create a product and service that is tied to a generic payment link! Have a read and let us know if this works for your business!

Checkout by Wave

• ghismartghismart Member Posts: 2

Thanks @BarsinA.

nfornately, it's not the type of link I was talking about. With Paypal. we don't have to "prepare" or associate a specific product with the link. It's just basically a payment address for anything that you can request a payment for or where users can send you money. Information about the payment is send/showed to the customer by another mean and he enter the mount himself at moment of payment.

That works pretty well for donations, variable fees, and more...

Hey @ghismart

Thanks for clarifying this a bit further. Unfortunately we don't have a method for an open payment option for donations. Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the community though!

• clawkiclawki Member Posts: 1

How do you order multiple of an item? Ultimately I am looking for a cart feature where users can order multiple shuttle ride services with different prices for one way v. round trip, child v. adult, and one airport v. a different one. Unless I am incorrect it does not look like this is an option with the Checkout solution. That said, I would love nothing more than to be wrong and feel like I can give back to Wave since they are giving me so much for free. So please tell me I am wrong, or that a near term release is pending with the solution incorporated,otherwise I will have to go to a different payment solution until one is available. Thanks

Hey @clawki! At present, the Checkout feature is intended to be a single-product checkout, and is the way that it currently operates. We do not have a short-term solution on our roadmap as far as cart-type checkouts go with the Wave product. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

• TheBlareGroupTheBlareGroup Member Posts: 1

The ability to redirect after checkout would be AMAZING!

• donaldgvaildonaldgvail Member Posts: 1

Is checkout available yet or not. I see comments here from people who appear to be using it. I do not have checkouts under my sales tab. how do I activate it? I was just told by chat support it wasn't available yet??? I am looking to sell 2 courses online from my web site

Hey there @donaldgvail

I see that you're operating on an older version of Wave. Once migrated, which I assure you, we are hoping to have completed very soon, you will be able to access checkouts. My apologies that I don't have insight into where you sit in our account queue for where or when you'll be migrated, but once done, you should be able to have access to this feature.

• TheHitLabTheHitLab Member Posts: 3

@BarsinA is there any way to add quantity to checkout yet?

• jaysjays Member Posts: 8

Hi guys, any update on this feature rolling out to all users yet? really waiting for it!

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

No quantity option at the moment, @TheHitLab !

Hey @jays , this feature is available to our Canadian and US users, but I'm afraid that because business owners in the UK process their payments through our Stripe integration, there's no way for us to offer Checkouts to them.

• TheHitLabTheHitLab Member Posts: 3
    Well I don’t see how anyone could use the checkout if it doesn’t have quantity. Seems pointless to even advertise that feature when every checkout I’ve ever seen has quantity.

@AlexL said:
    No quantity option at the moment, @TheHitLab !

Hey @jays , this feature is available to our Canadian and US users, but I'm afraid that because business owners in the UK process their payments through our Stripe integration, there's no way for us to offer Checkouts to them.

Thanks for getting back to me. I am very disappointed to hear that. Isn't there a way you guys could use Stripes Backend & extend it to support Wave Checkouts?

• waveuser33waveuser33 Member Posts: 1

Would be nice to have an authorization feature...

• Judith JonesJudith Jones Member Posts: 5

I get it! Great for really small businesses offering a special of the week for a service! Can't wait to try it!!!

• ChineduChinedu Member Posts: 0
    Please I'm new to wave and im finding it difficult to generate a check out button

It's really frustrating this is not available in the UK, We can still generate a link by creating an invoice and sending it via email, why not make things easier for us as well?

Hey @Chinedu

I've merged your comment into the checkout help center discussion. Sounds like you might not be a North American resident and therefore you won't be able to generate checkouts in Wave. Let us know if you have any questions!

• AshleyTAshleyT Member Posts: 2

Any chance the Checkout feature will be added to the Invoicing app any time soon?

Hey @AshleyT! The Checkout feature is currently only available via the web platform. There are no current plans to add it to the Invoicing app. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes you!

• MikeTankleMikeTankle Member Posts: 2

This sounds great! I was wondering if CHECKOUTS can be used to set up a recurring payment plan?

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey @MikeTankle ! Right now, Checkouts are only meant for one-time payments. If you want to do a recurring payment plan, then setting up a Recurring Invoice will be the route you want to go!

• MikeTankleMikeTankle Member Posts: 2

Could you suggest how to do this from an eCommerce site? I want to sell a subscription-based SaaS from a ClickFunnels page.

Hey @MikeTankle

So we do offer Wave the CHECKOUT feature. This allows you to embed a checkout link in portals such as:

You can also create a link to be sent to any of your clients to process a payment through that as well.

Keep in mind this doesn't act like an 'e-commerce store' where you can select multiple items per checkout (ie. sm, med, lg, t-shirts under one checkout link). Each link has to be tied to a separate product or service. This is because your checkouts are tied to a single product.

So if you were trying to sell three different tiers of subscriptions say for $100, $200, an $300, you'd have to create three separate checkout links for each item.

• ClarkyClarky Member Posts: 2

Such a shame that this functionality is not available to UK users.

• Gina_LivingInShui1Gina_LivingInShui1 Member Posts: 1

Hello! I might be missing this - and when a client makes a payment through Checkouts, will we have access to their email information automatically when we look back on our orders from "Show Order"? I see the toggles to turn on their Phone Number or Address and the most critical info I need from them is their email so I just want to make sure that's collected somehow and I wouldn't have to reach back out to them for it? Thanks for the help!!

• QaisEQaisE Member Posts: 72 admin

Hi @Clarky, thanks for your feedback! I understand that having a payment processor with your Accounting and Invoicing software would consolidate information better, so I see where you are coming from. As you may be aware, we partner with Stripe for payment processing on our invoices in Europe, so there is always that. We also integrate with softwares through a third-party app, called Zapier that might allow you to connect an app which imports payment data from another payment processing software. I hope this information helps!

Hi @Gina_LivingInShui1 , that's a great question! If you do not already have an email on file for the customer who made a payment through the checkout link (i.e. in their customer profile in Sales > Customers), then you should be able to access that information on the recorded payment in Sales > Payments. When you locate the payment made on a checkout link and click on it, the contact details that the customer inputted should appear.

edited April 7, 2020