Checkout by Wave: An easy, professional way to get paid up front

124»

Comments

• LaVonLaVon Member Posts: 1

Is there a feature to enter a promo code for a temporary promotion? I don't want to create a separate check out because not everyone will have the promo code.

• BarbaraMcCarthyBarbaraMcCarthy Member Posts: 1
    If I want to leave an open ended amount to receive a donation, how do I set up the checkout so that the customer can add an amount of their choice?
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @LaVon , there's no promotional field in a Checkout. If you're offering promotions to specific customers, you may want to consider sending them an invoice.

Hey @BarbaraMcCarthy , as it turns out the Checkouts feature doesn't support donations in this way. You do have to set an amount in your Checkout for it to be used. As an alternative, you could send an invoice to a customer and they themselves could select the amount they want to pay as it does work this way with invoices. You'd want to create an invoice that displays $0 as you do have to select an amount for invoices as well.

• BrentwwwBrentwww Member Posts: 1

I use the beta for taking a deposit on a puppy
    How do I assign that to an invoice it doesnt let me edit it.

Hey @Brentwww , you can't assign a checkout payment to an invoice as they're two different forms of payment. Next time, if you're looking to receive payment and have it marked on an invoice, I'd recommend sending the invoice itself. When your customer pays through the invoice, it automatically marks the invoice as paid.

• BoeCreditBoeCredit Member Posts: 2

Is the email field required for the customer?

Hey @BoeCredit , the email field is mandatory when having your customer complete a payment through the link.

• AZbusinessAZbusiness Member Posts: 4

Two questions:
    Can a price in a Checkout be set to Zero, this is for a Free Ebook download?
    Is there a way to get a list (printed, electronic) of all customers who purchased a specific Checkout?

Hey @AZbusiness , I'll answer your questions in order:
    1. You cannot set a price to $0 with Checkouts.
    2. From the Checkouts page you can click in the drop-down menu to see a list of all purchases associated to the Checkout. It won't provide you a list of the customers specifically, but you can obtain this info by clicking into the purchases themselves.

• Matt_CMatt_C Member Posts: 1

Love the checkouts feature. Is there a way to modify the GL breakdown of the transactions? Sales income, CC fee, cash are already booked by the checkouts process, but I also need to book an entry to discounts and the corresponding liability account. It looks like I can change which income account it's hitting, but I can't designate multiple GL lines?

Are there API calls that I can use to access this data? I looked at API guide and didn't see anything at first-glance.

Thank you!

• BottleTripWinesBottleTripWines Member Posts: 1

I am so thankful you offer this feature. I have one concern that I can not find the answer to: does the customer receive an email receipt after they pay for their purchase? If not, I think it would be important to have. Thanks

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hey @Matt_C I'm afraid there isn't a feature to modify the general ledger breakdown for Checkout transactions. I recommend checking out the API Support and Resources page where you can submit an API support ticket for further insight!

@BottleTripWines While Wave doesn't automatically send an email receipt to your client after a checkout has been paid, your client will be presented with the option to print (where they can then save) the receipt on their screen. If they forget to select the print option, you can also view, print and save the receipt by navigating over to:

Sales > Payments > Select the Payment > View Order > Select the Order Number > Print Receipt.

• SBC_LLC1016SBC_LLC1016 Member Posts: 1

Hello! When a customer makes a payment using the Checkout feature, is their credit card information saved in Wave?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @SBC_LLC1016 !

If your customer would like to save their credit card information for future payments, they definitely can if they'd like. To do this, they will need to select the check box above the payment button. If the box isn't selected, their credit card information wont be saved. Below I attached a screenshot for reference:

edited June 24, 2021
  • headTrixheadTrix Member Posts: 7

this doesn't seem professional at all. When you make a purchase on Amazon, do they send you to a different website to fill out credit card info? This should be INTEGRATED with an API. So they enter their credit card on MY website in MY form, and when its processed it goes to Wave. Is this possible?? It sure should be.

• AMCS_TreasurerAMCS_Treasurer Member Posts: 1

Is there any development that will add a quantity to the Checkout system. We are using this system to collect payments from our website and it fabulous but I have to create a separate Checkout for each value I am collecting. If I could set a unit value and there was a quantity (defaulted to 1) this would give us a greater flexibility. A reply would be greatly appreciated
    Regards
    Debbie Humphrey
    treasurer@amcsbc.ca

• Josh33Josh33 Member Posts: 2
    I had a question about taxes and checkouts. I only have tax nexus in my state but if I add my tax rate in wave to an item it looks like it would charge the tax regardless of the customers location. Is the true and if so is there anyway to only charge the customers in my state?