Checkout by Wave: An easy, professional way to get paid up front

Comments

• CosmeCosme Member Posts: 1

This is great feature.
    How would you link a Checkouts transaction with an Invoice for a long term project that requires multipe transactions?
    Also, can you enable the ACH Payment option as well for those who want to pay via ACH.
    --Cosme Hernandez

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@Cosme Welcome to Community! Hope you're liking it so far :smile:

So Checkouts actually works that when the customer clicks the Checkout link, it creates an invoice and the resulting payment transaction. This means it can't be linked to a long term project/invoice since it's a separate invoice. However, this will be grouped together on the Customer Statement so you could use that to keep track of multiple payments for an extended project.

At this time, Checkouts only available for credit card payments as the credit card information in saved in Wave. We aren't able to offer this with ACH currently but we appreciate your feedback!

• Peter1962Peter1962 Member Posts: 3

I Can't see Checkouts in my menu, is there an upgrade i'm missing ?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Peter1962

Unfortunately the checkouts feature is for Wave Payments users (our internal payment processor) but not through Stripe Payment users. I'd reach out to Stripe to see if they have something similar! If they do, please let us know in the community :smiley:

• SakiSaki Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    Is there a way to add promo code field in the Wave Checkout?
    Thanks!

Hey there @Saki

Unfortunately Wave checkouts does not offer a promo feature at this time :(

My apologies about this, but I love the idea and we appreciate your contribution to the community!

• M_DiegoM_Diego Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    Is there a way to get notified by email or text as soon as a client pays with checkouts?
    Thanks

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @M_Diego , thanks for your question! Whenever your clients pay your Checkout, you'll get an email notification. We don't currently have a text notification feature for Checkout payments, but I'll be sure to pass this feedback along to our developer team as a potential feature idea for future consideration!

• katebedkatebed Member Posts: 2

Is there a way to remove your physical address from the wave checkout form? I want to offer a remote service and they don't need my address

Hi @katebed , thanks for reaching out! Your address will appear on Checkouts as it does for Invoices. So, you can remove the address from a Checkout, but if you do so, it will also remove it from Invoices, just so you know! You can change/remove your address details clicking your business name in the top left corner > Manage your profile > Businesses > click the pencil icon to the right of the business you want to edit > change/remove the address.

• katebedkatebed Member Posts: 2

Thanks Callie,
    I wish I could keep in on my invoices - those people need to know where to mail the check- and not on my checkouts ( i don't want that public) I hope you will make this an option in the future
    -Kate

• David_333David_333 Member Posts: 1

if you can add quantity and variables to the code like a paypal button this would be very very popular !

• Brian_Murray04Brian_Murray04 Member Posts: 1

My waveapp doesn't show checkout, under sales

• _NM__NM_ Member Posts: 1

So to be clear, if a customer would like to purchase multiple products from us, you're going to charge us 2.9%+$.30 for every individual item, rather than combining them to save on processing fees? No good...

edited July 16, 2020

Hey @Brian_Murray04 , thanks for your message! I'm afraid that Checkouts are not currently available for your region. I'm sorry for any disappointment this may bring up. You're still able to access Wave's accounting, reporting, invoicing, receipts, and bills, and we're happy to help with any questions you might have about that!

NM , thanks for reaching out. The 2.9% + $0.30 processing fee is applied to the invoice total, not per item. So that $0.30 charge only occurs once, and the 2.9% is a percentage of the invoice total rather than each item total!

• katrinaDTLkatrinaDTL Member Posts: 2

I agree with many comments here for allowing the customer to increase the quantity. I offer website maintenance on a month-to-month or annual basis. Some month-to-month clients prefer to purchase up to 3 months at a time, instead of choosing the annual plan. I would like to use the Wave-provided checkout link to keep all payment information in one place. But, I have to revert to using my Square checkout links because they offer quantity options, as well as variations. So, I can actually offer them the ability to purchase multiple months or the annual plan from one link. I understand that it may take a while to get there, but I just thought I'd throw my vote in for the quantity ability.

• katrinaDTLkatrinaDTL Member Posts: 2

Don't know if this has been asked. But if a customer uses the checkout link, will their payment be available on their Customer Statement?

• tcollingtcolling Member Posts: 5

If we could use WaveApps as a payment processor with WooCommerce checkouts on WordPress websites, instead of having to use Stripe, that would be terrific.

Hi there @katrinaDTL , thanks for reaching out! Checkouts payments will not appear on customer statements, as they are paid through a common link which isn't connected to a specific customer.

• keenkeen Member Posts: 1

Where are fees documented for this service? I can't find it in this doc, other docs, nor the checkouts page in the app.

Also - I'd love to see screenshot details of the account transactions that are recorded for the event. Specifically how the fees are applied and accounted for. (I can't use payments because you don't record fees, only payments, requiring users to manually input the fee for each transaction). I won't go through the hassle of paying the fees just to find out how you account for them....

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @keen , we actually have a Help Center article which breaks down the steps of how we account for Payments fees. To be clear though, we do automatically account for fees when you use Wave Payments and this is handled automatically by our accounting if you have an active bank connection.

Bookkeeping with Wave Payments

I'll be honest though, I am a little confused here because you mention that you don't think we account for the fees but I see you're also asking exactly how we account for them? If you could clarify your question a little bit more I'd be more than happy to answer anything that's outstanding.

edited September 15, 2020
  • robinsgrobinsg Member Posts: 1

I can't see a Checkouts option on my Sales menu? Is this feature still rolling out?

• NJMNJM Member Posts: 2

This would be great for people selling books directly through their site, but I didn't go through with using because 1) it looked like a customer could make a purchase without leaving their email address and 2) no paypal.me option / limited options to pay.

• CMA_Akta_KariyaCMA_Akta_Kariya Member Posts: 8

The payment processed by Wave ultimately lands to the bank statement only. But in case of payments received through Wave checkouts or stripe, account section captures "Payments by Wave" and not the bank. Hence when we go to bank reconciliation, we dont get that payment reference there and those transactions remainis unreconciled.

Can anyone help me resolved this issue?

edited September 22, 2020

Hey there @robinsg

Presently the checkouts feature is only available in North America at this time :disappointed:
    I do apologize for this! If you're a Stripe user, I'm curious if they have a similar feature.

Hey @CMA_Akta_Kariya

Sounds like you might have a balance stuck in your Payment by Wave account?

When it comes to Wave Payments transactions, Wave is set up to automatically record the payment transaction to a clearing account, as well as create the required transfer transaction to your bank account if you have a bank account connected to import transactions automatically. This help center article will lay out the full workflow: Bookkeeping Changes to Wave Payments But I'm also going to explain it in a shorter version below.

In short, invoice payments are categorized to the "Wave Payments" account temporarily while the payment processes. Once your bank account receives the actual deposit and the record is imported into Wave, a transfer is created from the "Wave Payments" category to your bank account category.

If you don't have a bank connected, or if the transfer doesn't complete automatically, you'll need to create this transfer manually. This is the workflow for creating the transfer:

1) Select the Wave Payments account from the account dropdown at the top of your transactions page.
    2) Add income
    3) Match the date to one of the transactions
    4) Match the amount for one of the transactions
    5) Account should be your payments account you want the money to land in
    6) Select Deposit
    7) Under category, select Transfer to Bank, Credit Card or Loan > Wave Payments account

This will create the transfer, bringing down the Wave Payments account by the amount you've created.
    This image below gives you a good idea of what the transfer should look like!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need further clarification.

• CMA_Akta_KariyaCMA_Akta_Kariya Member Posts: 8

Hi Barsin,

Thank you very much for your elaborate response. This indeed is very helpful. I will record the transfer manually. But this is happening from October 2019. Its almost a year.

And other users are also facing this issue.

Can you please coordinate with your team to check and resolve the bug so that payments don't get stuck in "payment by Wave account" for future transactions.

Have a great weekend!

Regards
    Akta

• anonymous1anonymous1 Member Posts: 1

@robinsg said:
    I can't see a Checkouts option on my Sales menu? Is this feature still rolling out?

I am in North America and have multiple checkout links that I can't get to in order to manage them. Can anyone shed some light on how to get back to my list so that I can edit and update them? The checkouts link is no longer showing in the Sales dropdown menu where I find it at first.

UPDATE: Nevermind. I had to have my account title changed from "Editor" to "Admin" in order to see the Checkouts options in my Sales menu list. Thanks, anyway!

edited October 2, 2020

Hey @anonymous1

Glad to hear this was resolved through the admin user management!

• Croatia_UnpackedCroatia_Unpacked Member Posts: 1

I'd like to get a report of all customers who pay via Wave checkouts, as we need to send products to them.. How can I do this?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Croatia_Unpacked ! I'm afraid that Wave does not offer a specific Checkouts report. However, if you are looking to identify which customers have paid you via checkouts, you can head over to your Sales > Checkouts page to view all of your checkout payments. These payments will include your customer details. Keep in mind, the customer information will be broken down in a checkout to checkout basis as opposed to one list so be sure to select each individual checkout. I hope this helps!