How to export your accounting data

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to export your accounting data

From time to time, you may want to generate a backup copy of your account information, whether for tax purposes or simply for your personal records.
Your data export contains your accounts, general...

Read the full story here

edited December 27, 2018 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• badzkunbadzkun Member Posts: 2

Why we can not export the data by year or date? Especially the receipt data.

• ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

@badzkun the Data Export has been implemented more as a way to export all of your data should you choose to leave Wave or open a new account with some of that information. It doesn't act the same as our Reports, which does have the option to export by date.

While this function is not available in Wave right now, I would be glad to bring this suggestion to the team for the future!

• badzkunbadzkun Member Posts: 2

@Erik thank you for your feedback, for now i need to create new Profile on each year, so i can download or export data yearly.

• visualeyesvisualeyes Member Posts: 1

How disappointing. (Really, really sad face.) I guess I am back to manually listing my data on an Exel or Google docs spread sheet if I want to look at the details of my year the way I want to. (Grouping, sorting by categories etc to understand my data by year, month etc. I tried downloading all allowed ways to Google docs but can only get summaries. On with my search for a better system. I will try copying and pasting data for the past year as a band aid fix.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @visualeyes. We recently launched a new feature called Wave Connect that might be beneficial for you in this particular situation (although you are unable to export transactions from Wave using Wave Connect). Please have a read and I hope that it helps! https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-

• VynVyn Member Posts: 1

Hi!

Can someone please give an idea how to solve my problem? I tried to use Wave Connect (Specifically Google sheets), however after connecting the wave account to the google sheets, I cannot export transactions from the Wave. It prompt (in the Wave account) that an email will be sent to me, to give the link for the data exportation, but I did not receive any email. I revoke the access I gave, but sadly, I still cannot export data from the Wave Account. Can you please give me an idea how to solve this? I tried inviting my account (as an admin) from one account that I also administer but I didn't receive any email. Thank you.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

HI @Vyn . Sounds like you're having issues receiving Wave's emails in general. If you reach out to me in a private message, we can get this sorted out for you.

• SashenReddySashenReddy Member Posts: 1

I am having the same issue. Could you please assist me @alexlewiszarkos ?

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @SashenReddy - can you DM me the email you use to login to Wave? We can dig in further.

• MrRedMrRed Member Posts: 1

Are you able to export all unpaid invoices in a list?

Hello?????

edited June 24, 2019
  • VirgilVirgil Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

I use export to be able to do additional calculations, projections and analysis on my financial data. So, export by date range would be useful, and also what happened to the export of all Journal transactions? – this was the most useful!

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Virgil Make sense in terms of wanting to be able to export by date range (something that currently isn't available), but note that when you go to Settings > Others > Data Export and export your transactional data from there, it's sorted by date so you should be able to find what you are looking for more easily (this is where you would also find exporting all of your transactions).

• nappenappe Member Posts: 4

HI, @JamieD and wave admins
    I did export the data but it contain only local currency(ex. transaction in USD my base currency or local currency is MYR ).
    is it possible to add the transaction currency in the export data ??

Hey @nappe . I'm afraid this isn't an option as all of our reports exist in your business' base currency, which would mean MYR.

• CellcCellc Member Posts: 4

Is there a way to export only one account and not all of the data at the same time?

Hey @Cellc . To do so, head over to Reports > Account Transactions and filter for the account you'd like to export at the top of the page. From there, you have the ability to export to a PDF or a .csv file.

• CellcCellc Member Posts: 4
    @AlexL thanks. Is there a way for it to still show what expense each accounted item for was under I.e. vehicle insurance or vehicle maintenance? It seems to only do this and sum it up at the bottom by each category if you export all of the data.
  • JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @Cellc There currently isn't a way to export all of your bookkeeping for one specific account with the level of detail that you are looking for. Are you able to fully explain the reason why you would be looking for this sort of functionality? I'm curious to see if I can suggest another way to accomplish this and also curious to see if others are finding themselves in this sort of situation. If there is a big enough need in the community, then I will be happy to pass the feedback along as a feature request to our Product Team.

edited September 15, 2019
  • CharlieKaruCharlieKaru Member Posts: 1

hi, I am not seeming to get the email from wave with the download link. Any thoughts?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @CharlieKaru

I've looked into our servers and I'm seeing that the email is successfully delivering to your gmail account. Can you try checking any junk or spam folders? You'll also want to try sending another data export as it expires in 24 hours.

If this doesn't work, try selecting your business at the top left > Manage your profile > Passwords > Create a password for your Wave account > And then try this data export again

• Angie1111Angie1111 Member Posts: 1

I tried the Excel and CSV export and got the email. The link doesn't work though. Citing this message:
    This site can’t be reachedThe webpage at https://click.pstmrk.it/2sm/wave-prod-accounting.s3.amazonaws.com/accounting_exports/..... might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Angie1111! Sorry to see you're having issues with the data export. Are you still viewing this error? As a first step, we can try some browser troubleshooting steps to see if it helps to resolve the issue. Take a look at the browser troubleshooting tips in this Wave guide to clear your cache and cookies. If you do another data export and still get the error let us know!

• swillerfordswillerford Member Posts: 3

What happened to the invoice_items.csv file?? I had an excel sheet set up where I could paste that in and analyze my sales, and now it seems to be missing in the zip file I download.

• callmesportcallmesport Member Posts: 3

Why are "invoice items" and "payments" no longer included in data export? They were in January of '20, but no longer. This is a huge blow to my work flow. I counted on those exports to produce spreadsheets for commission purposes. I've spent a lot of time lately in the support pages for Waveapps. This may be the reason I leave for a more stable and established accounting system.

• DeccancafeDeccancafe Member Posts: 0

The invoice_items.csv is missing when i download data export.

• SuesowaveSuesowave Member Posts: 2

I also go the problem invoice_items.csv and payment.csv file were missing in the zip file recently. How i can get/export these file?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Recently there was a change in the platform that caused many users to not be able to export these particular files as part of the data export. This is something that the team is looking towards re-implementing in the future, but for the time being I'd recommend using the Wave Connect feature to get this information exported from your account.

• IA_SDIA_SD Member Posts: 3

Any update on this? I got into a habit of exporting as well and then working wonders with pivot tables in Excel. Is this a detail that would return in exports?

• IA_SDIA_SD Member Posts: 3

@callmesport I used the googlesheets addonlast night to export the invoice details and got the data I needed.

• callmesportcallmesport Member Posts: 3

@IA_SD Thank you, I was also able to install google sheets and accessed the info. Takes a little longer, but at least it's still available.