Options

User permissions

Comments

• Options
    rizwanfrizwanf Member Posts: 1
    I want to give access of Invoice Creation to my sales team but I also don't want them to have rights to delete any invoice.

How is that possible?
  • Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Thanks @gambis! I definitely agree, and this is something we've gotten a lot of feedback regarding and something we're looking at implementing features like this. We did add an Admin level user set recently due to feedback like this!

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

@rizwanf - this unfortunately isn't possible right now. If you give your users the power to edit within Wave, they will be able to both create and delete invoices. More granular control over user permissions could only be beneficial though, and I'm going to bring this suggestion to our Product team!

• Options
    Catriona_1Catriona_1 Member Posts: 1

I would like to give access to my Office Manager to create and send invoices and estimates, however I don't want her to have access to our business transactions, bank balance or accounting reports. How do I do this? Thanks

• Options
    ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@Catriona_1 Sounds like you might want to add your Office Manager as an Editor! Editors have access to invoicing but don't have access to bank connections. They do, however, have full access to accounting which means they can see your Account Transactions and Reports. Like Sam said, having more granular control over user permissions is a good idea that we're passing along to the Product Team. Thanks for looking into this! :)

• Options
    christinaNeo18christinaNeo18 Member Posts: 1

Hi, i would like to give limited access to one of my assistant. I would like to ask if this is possible to let her to have full access to Sales and Purchases only as follows:
    Sales - Full access
    Purchases - Full access
    Accounting - No access
    Banking - No access
    Payroll - No access
    Report - No access
    Integration - No access
    User Management - No access
    Data export - No access

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @christinaNeo18 . This isn't currently possible. If you give a user access to your sales and purchases, they'll also have access to your accounting and books (editor status). We don't currently have custom user permissions so you would have to use one of the ones already in place. Feel free to take a look at the article to get a better idea of exactly which permissions the user has access to when granted a specific role.

• Options
    R_KellerR_Keller Member Posts: 2

I would also like to that the ability to grant user access for Estimates, Invoices and purchasing. It would also be nice if the invoicing app had the ability to prepare Estimates. That would make the mobile app much more useful. Overall I like where you are headed.

• Options
    bigjazzzbigjazzz Member Posts: 3

Adding a +1 for granular user permissions. I could easily sell Wave to a SME with on-the-road sales people, if they could customise the permissions for the sales staff.

• Options
    Leonard_WLeonard_W Member Posts: 1

I would like to be able to setup a user that has access ONLY to enter timesheet and trave expense information. Thanks.

• Options
    gambisgambis Member Posts: 3

dear Admin, i think you need prioritize update bout user permission on your top list.. see how many requests you have bout this update :smile:

• Options
    mjoelxmjoelx Member Posts: 1

need an "invoicer" admin, someone who can create, send, view invoices and products....and not have access to all accounting/transactions or other senstive business information.

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

@bigjazzz , @Leonard_W , @gambis , @mjoelx and everyone else reaching out about this feature, thank you so much for your feedback. An "invoice-only" role is on the horizon for Wave, but not immediately, in full transparency, there will be no focus on this update for the rest of 2019 and early 2020. The move to customize user permissions further is a large undertaking and something that will take time, early 2020 will be the closest time for this discussion to be revisited by our Product team.

I don't want anyone to think that we are not listening to your requests, because we are and we will continue to. There is a huge amount happening in Wave right now and we have got tonnes in store for you! An "invoice- Only" user permission is possible in 2020, further customization is not on the roadmap at this time.

• Options
    ianwillsianwills Member Posts: 0

can you have a role where someone can make an invoice without seeing your bank accounts and personal

• Options
    ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@ianwills I've merged your post with this Help Centre discussion which should provide more context for your question! Yes, you can add an Editor who would be able to make an invoice without seeing you banking connections page. Happily none of your added users would have access to your Personal profile as user permissions are added on a business level and your Personal Profile is separate from your Business Profile in Wave o:)

• Options
    Tatsiana13Tatsiana13 Member Posts: 1

I agree with the user`s permit customization would be much easier life.At list sales department,purchase department.Access to invoices .Access to bills.Thank you love wave

• Options
    CraigLambieCraigLambie Member Posts: 1

I agree with a couple of others here - an assistant role would be great.
    If we could have someone that could only input invoices, bills etc on the purchases side, and send invoices on the sales side - or one or the other, that would be great.
    I would prefer my VA didn't see my full P&L, etc... there is only Editor... which is great for a full fledged book keeper, but a VA should be more limited.

• Options
    PChinongPChinong Member Posts: 1

Need to have a user to have full access to my sales section only.
    Come on wave , We need that urgently

• Options
    UrsulaUrsula Member Posts: 4
    Can someone advise on how to remove a user ?
  • Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @PChinong thanks for your feedback here!

@Ursula, thanks for reaching out! If you want to remove a user you have added to your account, you can go to: Settings > Users > click 'Edit' > select the red trash can icon to delete the user.

• Options
    KingKing Member Posts: 5

My accountant says he does not have the right permissions to view accounting but has an editor account...

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @King. Editors would have access to edit most of the information in Wave but not all of it. They will not have access to the Payments section (if you collect payments through Wave), or the Banking Section because of the sensitive information included there. Are you able to explain what your Accountant is trying to access in Wave and I can confirm if they should be able to see it? Alternatively, you could also up their permission to an "Admin", which would allow them higher access to the account and still allow them to make edits where needed.

• Options
    Steve_SSteve_S Member Posts: 1

I have several users that I want to only be able to upload receipts to our accounting system. Is there a way to do this without giving them complete control of the account?

• Options
    RvnRvn Member Posts: 2

Hi!
    I created a wave account using my personal email address. I then added our group email as a verified user.

I then created another business, and went into the "manage profile" removed our group email to keep this account private for me. However, when I log in with the group email, i can see my private account. Is there a bug with the permissions?

Thanks!

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Steve_S . You would ideally want to give your users Editor permissions but they would in fact be able to view the majority of your Wave data. This would not include any Payments by Wave, Payroll or Bank Account info, but they'll have almost free reign over everything else.

Hey @Rvn . If you add an email under "Manage your profile," this is on the account level so this person will have access to the entire account (including all of the businesses in it) like you would. If you want to add a user to a specific business, you can do so under Settings > Users.

• Options
    kednellykednelly Member Posts: 7

Hi guys, i have consultants that i would like to be able to upload and classify their receipts to capture their expenses but i dont want them viewing all the rest of my books, i assume this is fairly standard but dont see how to set it up, can you please give me a steer?
    Cheers
    Kristian

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @kednelly

Our four user permission statuses aren't as customizable as some people hope for. If you gave them a separate log in and they accessed your account through the receipts app, this would allow them to upload receipts to your account. This would however give them access to your Wave account if they tried to log on.

The only option here is to give them an editor admin which unfortunately would give them access to your transactions page to see the rest of your books.

They cannot view:

Business export
    Credit Card Payment
    Bank Connections (including the Dashboard bank balances)
    Account Settings
    Payroll

• Options
    kednellykednelly Member Posts: 7

Hi BarsinA,
    thanks for the feedback. One of your Customer Service guys, Jake mentioned something similar so i have opted for that path with an additional control by setting up new email addresses that i have access to, initialising their Wave accounts myself (including setting pwd); then once they downloaded the app i entered the pwd myself. It is not ideal but a valid work around for now.

note i also requested an enhancement at User level to have an option to access App, or Web or Both. This would solve it quite quickly and elegantly i believe :)

Thanks again
    Cheers
    Kristian

• Options
    Godfrey2019Godfrey2019 Member Posts: 1

I added one of my business partners as a user with admin status. He logged on at the same time I was on and i got kicked out of the system. I have not been able to log back on again. Even when i try forgot password, it will not send me a password reset email. Please help.
    Godfrey

• Options
    _mk_mk Member Posts: 2

@BarsinA @AlexL Thanks a lot for the amazing product that Wave is!

I read through quite a few comments and I saw that there are 2 requests, a lot of people have:
    1. To have a user role, which can manage only Sales completely
    2. To have a user role, which can manage only Purchases completely

We also have a similar requirement and would be very grateful, if you could add these features.

Thank you guys