Options

User permissions

12346»

Comments

• Options
    TOGuyTOGuy Member Posts: 6

You guys and your ROADMAPS. There are so many ways in which Wave is lacking when compared to other options like QuickBooks. I chose wave originally years ago for simplicity, and now the mail reason I'm still here is that I don't have the time to migrate to a better system. It's far behind time that you start putting user requests on your roadmap. Not having SALES with only access to invoicing and clients is a huge problem. Get your team up to speed on what people need if you want to keep clients.

• Options
    D_LD_L Member Posts: 3
    YOU NEED A SALES USER OPTION. THIS MANY COMMENTS MAKE IT CLEAR.
  • Options
    D_LD_L Member Posts: 3
    > @AlexL said:
    > Hi @TedMa , at this moment in time, this feature is not located on our short-term roadmap.

This is fixable. Change your roadmap.
  • Options
    TedMaTedMa Member Posts: 2

@JulianP @AlexL How many users need to request the Sales (or Custom permissions) feature to get it on the product roadmap? There is obviously a demand for it as evidenced by the number of comments in this thread. At some point, this has to reach critical mass so that a change is made.

Is there a way we can vote for this feature to get the attention of the person who makes the decision of what gets put on the roadmap? I hope that all the users (like myself) who have taken the time to comment on this over the past 2+ years and echo the same sentiments are being listened to.

• Options
    ZefZef Member Posts: 2
    Definitely a huge flaw that has been not considered thoughtfully by the developers. Please add in a new role for salesperson that can only make invoices and quotations without being able to view company financials. It just doesn't make sense to have all this other roles but none seem fit.
    Kindly look into this. PLEASEEE. Thanks
  • Options
    SusSpeaSusSpea Member Posts: 1

I have just submitted an email requesting the Sales only user role and now I see that it was apparently a waste of time. Like others, I can't understand the reasoning behind not having this feature. I also am very disappointed to see the lack of concern for the obvious needs of your users.

• Options
    CodyLaymonCodyLaymon Member Posts: 1

I want a few approved team members to be able to send invoices with no access to anything else.

• Options
    NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

hi @CodyLaymon As there's currently no sales on permissions, what I can recommend is to ask your employees to install the Invoicing app on their phones and to only access Wave through the invoicing app. That way, they'll only have access to create and send invoices (as the Invoicing app does not have access to the accounting section).

• Options
    darynadaryna Member Posts: 1

Hello, I deleted a user 24 hours ago and I tried to add that same email as my second email on my account but it does not let me because it says that there is already another user with that account. Can you please assists?

• Options
    CobaltNineCobaltNine Member Posts: 3

I will echo the need for receipt-only functionality. We have users who submit expenses that should only be able to submit a receipt and not have access to accounting (or any other) information. Let's go Wave - get this one in!

• Options
    KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @daryna ,

I see our Customer Support Team has assisted you with this via email, and you've been able to add the deleted user's email address to your Wave account! If you have any more questions about this, feel free to thread below :smile:

• Options
    ZainabAZainabA Member Posts: 2

Good day.

Please I have invited my Accountant to have access to my wave account.

He has never used wave before and when he accepts and creates a profile, he gets this error message "It seems like we can't create your business right now, please try again".

I know Wave is no longer open to Non-US residents, but he is not creating a new company. He is simply trying to join an existing company. Please can you assist in resolving this?

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @ZainabA !

If your accountant is trying to create a new non-Canadian or US Wave account, they won't be able to I'm afraid. To learn more about this, feel free to check out this Community discussion.

edited June 3, 2021
  • Options
    marypanammarypanam Member Posts: 1

Wave Team, Many users are asking for Sales Only role; it is a critical feature, much needed feature for my business.
    May I suggest a simple fix, disable/remove "Reporting" from Editor Role (or allow Admin to toggle reporting for Editor role).
    Editor does not need to know the full financial history of the business!
    Hope you can make this simple change, it will make Waveapps super cool.

• Options
    MDeSandoliMDeSandoli Member Posts: 1

Like @daryna I have deleted a user account. They can still log in, however. IS there another step to deleting user accounts?

• Options
    CherylCheryl Member Posts: 2

Hi, how do you transfer owner of account from one user to another?
    Thank you.

• Options
    KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @daryna, to clarify here, did you remove the user by heading to Settings > Users, and clicking the trash can icon next to their profile? As this should have removed them.

That said, I do see that you removed a user on June 11th, and that their email address is no longer on your account as a User. Could you please confirm if you're still having issues with this user logging in?

Hi @Cheryl!

Check out this Help Centre article on transferring account ownership via changing the primary email address :smile:

edited June 22, 2021
  • Options
    CherylCheryl Member Posts: 2

Thank you @KiahD
    I tried this but it would not accept the email change since the owner of the email was already a User. What do you suggest I do in this case?
    Thank you,
    Cheryl

• Options
    cgoodrowcgoodrow Member Posts: 3

Similar to @marypanam below, we would like to see a salesperson's permissions limited to only SALES functions. Is that something that is customizable outside of the 4 default permissions?

• Options
    AndyQWTAndyQWT Member Posts: 1

It does not tell me HOW to manage an existing user for this business....one of the users forgot their password and when they try to reset it, I receive the email. The link goes to a 'Reset password" page, but it doesn't tell me if that is for the user or mine. Please advise.

• Options
    TLBaronTLBaron Member Posts: 3

How long will it take to enable such a basic permission? Plenty of businesses want an assistant to input bills without needing any access to sales. When is this coming out?

• Options
    questquest Member Posts: 1

I totally vote for new User Roll for Sales that can send invoice/estimates/checkout and manage customers only, without access to anything else...

edited May 4, 2022