Options

User permissions

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @timp

Could you try heading to Settings > User management > Deleting your accountant then re-adding them? They will need to follow the steps again in the email link they receive!

Hi @Eman_Youssef2020

You can edit the user permissions under Settings > User management.

• Options
    mmgcrsmmgcrs Member Posts: 1

I was really excited about the program until I realized my employees with Editor access can also see the balance on the dashboard and other business information they don't need. Am I missing something? I want employees to be able to receive payments and print statements that show the detail balance. That's it. Please let me know if you all are working on another access like this?

• Options

Hey there @Eman_Youssef2020

If you're looking to edit your permissions on an account collaborator you can do that under Settings (bottom left) > User management > As the account owner, you will have the ability to change these permissions for your collaborators!

• Options
    AnsieAnsie Member Posts: 1

I am generally happy with the way Wave works but there are some areas which could be amended to make it more viable for me as a business owner to use and allocate usage permissions to staff. I have added a collaborator, being one of my junior sales staff, but the concern is that this person has full access to all areas of the application.

I honestly feel that you should make the permission settings "open" for the managers to set each aspect of the application.

For example, I would like to be able to give a junior salesperson only access to creating e.g. estimates and Invoices, but not edit it afterwards - this must be done by a more senior person. That junior staff member should also not have access to purchases, banking etc, unless authorised by myself.

Long and short of it: make allowance for the Author/owner/manager to allow/block access levels of each part of the application.

Thank you kindly

• Options
    JohnstownRotaryJohnstownRotary Member Posts: 3

I provided "Admin" access to another user to help manage our account. Unfortunately, when he logs in, he cannot see the same view I can see. Shouldn't he be able to see all the transactions that I set up load into our Wave account, or does he have to set that up as well? Also, if he has logged into another Wave account, could that cache or cookie info, get confused with multiple account access? I am just trying to think of reasons why he is not seeing our data. Thanks

• Options
    rwcghrwcgh Member Posts: 16

How can I give users access to one-way uploading of receipt images + info, without giving them any other view or edit access? It seems from the help discussions I've reviewed that there's no way to give an employee (such as sales manager or coordinator) the ability to upload receipts on the Wave Receipts app without giving them access to the business reports, financial, transactions, etc.? Can that be? I don't even need them to be able to go back and edit the receipt--If they need to edit, I can perhaps delete it and let them re-upload. But it doesn't make sense that one cannot capture receipts into the Transactions list without opening up sensitive business details to them that have nothing to do with their job? When I used Concur Receipts at another job years ago, I did not gain access to the large corporation's entire accounting system, so why not a receipts reporting only feature?

• Options

Hey there @Ansie

Thanks so much for this valuable feedback. Presently our team has not mentioned any new changes coming to the user permissions section of Wave, however if we do implement these changes we will notify you either in-app or in the community!

Hey there @JohnstownRotary

If you head to settings > User management > Can you double check to see if they are in fact the admin? If so they should be able to see the same transactions as you as long as they've selected the link sent to their email. Often times they may not have the correct business selected. Have them click on the business name at the top left and they should see your business appear in the list there!

Hi @rdwc

At this point we do not have a specific receipts admin for a user to upload receipts transactions that does not allow them to log into the desktop version of Wave to view the account's info. I apologize about this and appreciate your feedback on our community!

• Options
    StephminatorStephminator Member Posts: 1

Would be nice to have salesman access where someone can create an estimate and convert into an invoice without having access to your full details like sales and yearly income of the company and overdue, cashflow and profit & loss. That info would be nice to not appear for salespersons.

• Options
    TedMaTedMa Member Posts: 2

Hi Wave team. I found this thread as I was searching for a way to give limited access to a salesperson (the ability to create invoices without having access to other account details). I see the request for creating this role with limited permission was initially discussed in January 2019 and has been brought up numerous times as recently as Sept 27, 2020.

Is it on the roadmap for the product development team to create a salesperson role that has limited access? If so, when can we expect it to roll out?

I hope that Wave is listening to all of the customers that have requested this feature over the past 20+ months and not just continuing to push it off until some undetermined date.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @TedMa , at this moment in time, this feature is not located on our short-term roadmap.

edited October 14, 2020
  • Options
    RDockRDock Member Posts: 2

We have been asking for this level of user account setting, for 2 years or more.
    Having a Sales person access level is a must,

• Options
    greatrivermaplegreatrivermaple Member Posts: 1

I invited one person and it integrated simply. We tried to invite a second and third person and they can't get in. Is there a limit to how many people we can invite?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @greatrivermaple , there's no hard limit to how many people you can invite to your account. What exactly is the issue that these tow users are having when trying to access Wave?

• Options
    MediayogiMediayogi Member Posts: 1

It would be nice to have the ability to assign a Salesperson permission with only access to create estimates and invoices. I see this is already requested and I concur. It would be a beneficial feature for small businesses like my own.

• Options
    Nour_1Nour_1 Member Posts: 1

I just started using this software, I love it, however my main issue is that I am not able to create a salesperson access in order to generate invoices only. That being said I need to look for alternatives

• Options
    Anja1609Anja1609 Member Posts: 2

I am also here to voice a frustration about sales people having access to the accounting details. It's a simple matter of turning off the setting for admin to see accounting. That's it. I don't want to assign them as a sales person for permission, but admin is not restrictive enough. Wave is awesome for ease of use, we are considering the paid add-ons, but as a small business which I would expect you cater to why can't we have those permissions corrected to be more small business friendly.

• Options
    JoshCarroll21JoshCarroll21 Member Posts: 1

We also need a sales user role. You can't have a business without sales. Seems pretty obvious to me. Please either add the role or enable us define individual permissions.

• Options
    AaronSAaronS Member Posts: 1

I wish we could have ' Sales role ' for salesperson to issue Invoices only. And also hope for individual modules privilege access.

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone! Thanks for expressing your interest in this feature idea. For full transparency, adding a sales user role is not currently on our product road map and we do not know if or when this feature would be released. With that being said, we are not dismissing your feedback as we frequently revisit/reevaluate feature ideas so we appreciate you taking the time!

• Options
    RDockRDock Member Posts: 2

We absolutely need to have a User account for sales invoices.
    We Have been asking for this feature for a very long time this comment thread goes back to January of 2019. And I know I asked for this feature before that.
    It is not a complicated thing to add into the software code.
    When are they going to add this feature

• Options
    DSmithDSmith Member Posts: 1

I would like to say first that I enjoy the easiness of this software, very user friendly. However, I will be taking on a reception employee in the new year and one the responsibilities will be to create invoices, taking payments and printing a receipt. But there is no available option in the user settings to allow this employee access without having full access to everything else.
    My suggestion is: you can still have your all the suggested permissions, but allow the owner to select the level of access, i.e. Full access; Limited access; No access; Optional.
    From reading through this thread, this feature has been requested for a number of years, and I am sure others will be looking for alternative accounting software that allows this. I am reluctant to change from Wave because I find it easy to use, but I am starting to look at other software packages that will allow this feature. Thanks.

• Options
    MjwillbanksMjwillbanks Member Posts: 2
    The inability to customize user permissions and the lack of a salesperson role is the only reason I have not adopted Wave. A user that can create estimates/invoices, and apply payments/print receipts is absolutely essential and it seems a huge oversight not to have this. Trying to understand Wave's thinking on this and why the many requests for such a role are being ignored.
  • Options
    HoFHoF Member Posts: 1

In Wave account, is inviting trusted individuals to collaborate as a Viewer, Editor, Payroll Manager, or Admin now RESTRICTED to only Canada ans USA?

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @HoF !

Users outside of Canada and the US are still able to invite others users to their business if they already have existing Wave accounts.

edited January 20, 2021
  • Options
    ContractorContractor Member Posts: 3
    Definitely need to have a sales user so they can create invoices. Seems like a pretty obvious role that every business uses. The more I use wave the more I realize how far behind they are.
  • Options
    MayaCoop1028MayaCoop1028 Member Posts: 1

how do you NOT have a salesperson role that has capability to invoice clients but nothing else? Huge gap in the software...

• Options
    michaelwongmichaelwong Member Posts: 1

Echoing most of the comments here.. we really need a way for someone to be able to issue invoices without seeing all the financials.

• Options
    WaveUser0301WaveUser0301 Member Posts: 3

Putting in our 2 cents as well ... really essential to be able to have a salesperson role that can send invoices without having access to the company financials. I can understand the assumption that a small business would be sharing all info, but when you have family and friends assisting with sales, I really don't want to share all my financial info. just so they can send an invoice

edited February 9, 2021
  • Options
    QTLQTL Member Posts: 3

It is a shame that Wave does not allow a limited account entry role where new invoices, sales, expense can be entered without access to financial reporting, reconciliation (that shows banking info), etc.

• Options
    WastapWastap Member Posts: 10

The ONLY role we need is not there:
    We need our SALES team to see client info, create invoices, send invoices... They need everything related to the customer relationship. But nothing from the rest of our business.

Waves should really simply allow for 'CUSTOM ROLES" with 100s of checkboxes

@AlexL @Barsin @ConnorM @CallieP

edited March 8, 2021