Options

Adding Attachment to Invoice

Comments

• Options
    BShowenBShowen Member Posts: 1

@Rahim I would also love to have this feature added. I keep notes on all of my clients. I run a business where I go to the clients house and provide a service. Things I note...

I note the advertisement where they found my business
    I note any special requests from the client
    I note if the client is a referral from another client
    I note a start and or stop date for services
    I note the monthly rate and terms
    I could go on and on and on....

It would be very convenient to be able to click on a customer and view the notes. Also when we go to create an invoice it would be helpful to see the notes so I can know the monthly rate for that particular client. Since all of my clients have different monthly rates I have to open a separate file on my computer just to see my customer notes. PLEASE INTEGRATE THIS!

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Brendon_McIntosh.

There has been a lot of talk about time-tracking on Wave, recently. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I can't guarantee that a feature like this one will be implemented in Wave, but feedback from Wavers has a significant impact on how we choose what to build next for Wave, so again, thank you for taking the time to provide yours.

• Options
    o_moreo_more Member Posts: 2

I would like the attachment to attach scans of expenses that I claim from my clients. Now I need them seperately. The expenses and receipts are actually already in Wave, so what would be better than to attach them?

• Options

Hi, @o_more. Thanks for adding your voice to this discussion!

There's no way to do this directly from Wave right now. It isn't the most convenient solution, but your best option at the moment is to download your invoice as a PDF and send it to your client by email along with all the receipts you'll need to get reimbursed.

• Options
    DonwhaleDonwhale Member Posts: 1

I'm sure with dropbox and google drive integration, attachments can be done without putting any storage load on Wave.

• Options
    31013101 Member Posts: 4

This function will definitely help, we need to supply signed proof of delivery or collection of items to many of our clients with the invoice other wise they will not make payment.

• Options
    mrv717mrv717 Member Posts: 4

I'd definitely love for the function to add attachments along with the Invoices when sending an email through WaveApps. I do work for a Printer Company and I have to send them a separate email with the Config Pages every time. It would be less time consuming if I could just add the attachments. There are just too many steps at the moment.

• Options

Thank you, @Donwhale, @3101 and @mrv717, for adding your feedback to this discussion.

• Options
    JmoJmo Member Posts: 1

Just to add my tuppenceworth, I am an educational consultant and can see many students within a school district many times within a billing period. I track this using my own invoice/billing sheet in Numbers and convert it to PDF for sending. Schools need these individual student sheets for their records, but it's easier for me to combine and send one invoice with the pdf's for all students included. I didn't want to download my Wave invoice to send altogether as then I lose the functionality of seeing they've seen my invoice and so on. Adding pdf's would be a huge advantage!

• Options
    ScottyScotty Member Posts: 1

As an electrician there are several bits of “paper” that belong with the invoice, the certificate of compliance and the test report plus any data on equipment that was installed. Being able to locate this all in one place would be fantastic.

• Options

Thank you for pitching in, @Jmo and @Scotty! This is really useful insight!

• Options
    HMC_2018HMC_2018 Member Posts: 1

@Rahim @Alexia I would love to be able to store my own personal notes in their customer profile. So something that would only be visible to me.
    I personalize tees, signs, decals and so on. So as I get information from a customer, I would like to be able to store this somewhere. I would say roughly half of my customers are returning customers. Ideally, I want everything in one place. Meaning, I don't want to have to do all the invoicing here & notes on customers in another program.
    Examples of notes being, referral from another customer, size tees that they wear, favorite colors, house decor, when & what they receive for their loyalty program, etc. I like to do something a little extra for birthdays if i know them, so having somewhere to add that to their profile would be amazing.

Obviously, I have a wide range of reasons to use this.

edited August 13, 2018
  • Options

Thank you for sharing your feedback, @HMC_2018!

• Options
    FirespaceMusicFirespaceMusic Member Posts: 4

Add one more person interested to the list to see this feature rather today than tomorrow. It would simplify our Google Drive structure so much if we can take out all the invoices (purchases & sales, as well tax returns proof) as attachments.

Dutch tax office requires to have these documentation present. Not only by numbers in bookkeeping software but by actual documents (invoices) of the transaction.

• Options

Hi, @FirespaceMusic.

You can download invoices made in Wave if that's what you're looking for. Just click on the arrow next to that invoice on your Invoices page and go to "Export as PDF".

This discussion is about attaching other documents to invoices sent to clients. Contracts, for example, or receipts that need to be reimbursed.

You can also send yourself a PDF copy of each invoice you send out, by checking both the "Send myself a copy" and "Attach a PDF copy of the invoice" checkboxes at the invoice sending stage.

• Options
    jjskjjsk Member Posts: 1

My client requires a special CSV file attached to the invoice in order to process through their automated system. They will not accept a link, the file needs to be directly attached to the email with the invoice.

I am able to do this with another cloud accounting company that I'd like to switch from. Wave meets every other requirement I have except this particular one. Thank you for considering the request.

edited August 29, 2018
  • Options

Hi, @jjsk.

Thank you for adding to this discussion, I'll pass your comment along.

In the meantime, would you be able to download the invoice as a PDF, and send that PDF along with this CSV file from your own email? Assuming it isn't how you handle this process already, I thought it might help.

• Options

@Alexia said:
    Hi, @FirespaceMusic.

You can download invoices made in Wave if that's what you're looking for. Just click on the arrow next to that invoice on your Invoices page and go to "Export as PDF".

This discussion is about attaching other documents to invoices sent to clients. Contracts, for example, or receipts that need to be reimbursed.

You can also send yourself a PDF copy of each invoice you send out, by checking both the "Send myself a copy" and "Attach a PDF copy of the invoice" checkboxes at the invoice sending stage.

Not what I meant. We send invoices from a Google document in Drive (in the past) and want to add those to Wave. Now apparently only when you upload a receipt it will scan and attached the document to the bookkeeping.

That ability to add a visual (document) to what you have already reported it is quite necessary.

• Options
    RRTSRRTS Member Posts: 19

I do tree work, and having the ability to make attachments to the invoices / estimates directly would be a huge time-saver. Here's a perfect example: Using the Wave Invoicing mobile app, I could take photos directly or upload from camera roll (for when customers send me pics) all from my mobile device. It could appear as a second (or more) estimate/invoice page showing the photos of the work to be done for my customers.

That, by itself, would put you miles ahead of your competitors.

Cheers!

• Options
    andy1andy1 Member Posts: 1

My two cents. Time tracking and being able to add an attachment to an invoice would be super duper. Like amazing

• Options

Hi, everyone,

Oh! I see, @FirespaceMusic, so you aren't looking to attach a separate document to an invoice, but attach what is essentially a custom invoice to an income transaction, is that right?

Thank you, @RRTS and @andy1 for adding your respective voice to this conversation and sharing your feedback.

• Options

@Alexia said:
    Hi, everyone,

Oh! I see, @FirespaceMusic, so you aren't looking to attach a separate document to an invoice, but attach what is essentially a custom invoice to an income transaction, is that right?

Thank you, @RRTS and @andy1 for adding your respective voice to this conversation and sharing your feedback.

Correct.

• Options
    BWI_BWI_ Member Posts: 14

we also need this feature. we do business with government and every estimate/invoice we send has to go with few documents. you can allow us to upload few documents to wave with size limit or you can integrate wave with google drive. copying google drive file link is not an option in our case

• Options

Hi, @BWI_,

I understand it isn't a perfect solution, but for the time being, you could download the invoice as a PDF and send your invoice by email with those other documents as attachments. It's a few extra steps, and you might already be handling your invoicing this way, but I thought it might still be useful to suggest as an alternative.

With that said, I understand that this isn't exactly what you're looking for and will absolutely forward your feedback to our product team.

• Options
    nosynosy Member Posts: 9

FYI we recently got to address this long over due issue..we resolved this issue as follows.
    Having to provide any support document with your invoice we insert a link for cloud based hosted documents that the customer can then just download them self of course all secured , encrypted and 24/7 365 days available from anywhere.
    There are many free providers ie box,mega etc. HIPPA compliance is possible but don't quote me on that. Sample insert "https://mega.nz/#!9c3htimLIR!a"

• Options
    icecorpicecorp Member Posts: 17

I just stumbled across this whilst Googling if it's possible to do. This could (not would) be beneficial for every business, literally every single one. If you don't offer this ability users would either switch software or use another method (additional 3rd party software/paper-based etc.) to keep important notes about clients/partners - so why not add it in for us? :smile: Please make sure this is included soon! It's such a foundational feature that would give every business a benefit! I've just switched one of my businesses to Wave and am impressed at the simplicity (UI) and how intuitive it is, but there are a few key features missing, this is one of them. Keep up the good work, impressive software and we love it so far for small business!

• Options

Hi, @icecorp,

Welcome to Wave! I'm happy to hear you've been enjoying our platform thus far!

Can you give me a bit more information on how you would use a feature like this? What kind of information would you want to save to a client's profile, in the context of your specific business? If we have a stronger picture of how Wavers would use this feature, we'll be better able to see the kind of impact it would have on the day-to-day work of our users. The more details you can give, the better.

• Options
    icecorpicecorp Member Posts: 17

Hi there

Thanks for the response :)

I'm sure everyone would benefit from private notes on customers. Basic and obvious examples would be:

• clients with special requirements
    • touchy/troublesome clients
    • clients who don't pay on time
    • other internal and private notes about a particular customer for other staff to see

The same goes for private notes on invoices. Basic and obvious examples would be:

• an internal reference to a ticket #, or any other internal identification on another but linked system
    • notes about the invoice/job that you'd like linked to the invoice that are NOT visible to the client
    • a private note to staff perhaps about the status of the invoice/reason for the status e.g. approved but not sent yet due to confirmation of recipient email required

The list could go on for both.

Thank you!

• Options
    bbryan84bbryan84 Member Posts: 1

We have only 3-4 recurring clients that pay for weekly services. They frequently overpay for invoices to prepay for the coming weeks. An internal customer comments section would help us keep track of unearned revenue we've received along with a payment for a current invoice. Managing this throughout the month until accounts are balanced during month-end is challenging.

• Options
    1Sunnyside1Sunnyside Member Posts: 3

NOTES FIELD NEEDED FOR CUSTOMERS and VENDORS
    For each Customer Profile (details) and each Vendor Profile (details): I need to have a simple text box in which I can write Unlimited Notes about every customer and every vendor. It would be a text field that could scroll (for unlimited notes) below their name, address, email address, phone, website etc. This might be:
    1) Date of first contact
    2) Names of their children or spouse
    3) Who referred them to me.
    4) Alternate email address, pone or anything interesting that their profile does not have is not a specific field for.
    5) Names and contact info of their other service providers who I need to work with or might want to reference later
    6) This would be a field I could modify at any time, adding more information or deleting if necessary.
    7) LOTS of NOTES that are only for my eyes so I can serve customers better, be organized and earn more!!!!
    8) This would NOT be on the invoice!
    This is really critical for any business, especially Service Providers!