Options

Adding Attachment to Invoice

Comments

• Options
    nripinnripin Member Posts: 5

+1 for attachment option in invoice.

• Options
    nripinnripin Member Posts: 5

Kind folks who face the same concern please vote up the first comment in thread, so they can know what we need the most !!

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @SteveisDarnClever, glad to hear you're digging Wave so far! Invoice attachments aren't possible yet, although it's a common request and we're working on revamping our invoicing tool this year, so this is definitely being considered! One workaround for now would be to generate the invoice link (under "More") when you're viewing an invoice; then, you can include the link to view the invoice online on any of the other documents you send them. I know it's a few extra steps, but it'll at least put the invoice and the timesheet together!

• Options
    ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

@ChiefGeek @LizSanEditor @Greg04 @Arly thanks for chiming in! And thank you Greg for the additional suggestion of attaching files! I will be bringing this up as well!

• Options
    ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

@Hopeinformer @nripin I understand that you've been hearing this for some time now, but I just want to let you know that this is definitely something we are working towards for this year! We are in a good place to get the ball rolling on our end, so you will be seeing updates on this front!

• Options
    GregGrahamGregGraham Member Posts: 3

Hooray! I just noticed by chance that Wave have bowed to pressure and included an internal notes field in the Wave customers database. So I could rid myself of the need to maintain my old accounting program just for the customer notes I pleaded with Wave to add this functionality but was given the polite brush off that "we'll look at it at some stage". Well now it's there so I'm ecstatic! Thank you so much Mr Wave!

edited January 17, 2019
  • Options
    RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hello Everyone!

Looks like @GregGraham beat me to the announcement!

When you view your customers in Invoicing or on the Customers page, you will now notice you can add internal notes for your customer under the "More" section. When viewing an invoice, you can also click on the customer and the notes will appear in the popover on that page as well. When creating an invoice, you can click on "edit customer" and you can view the notes there as well.

Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on this and other threads related to this topic. All of your feedback has given us insight into the needs you have and this internal field will allow you to store additional information you need. If you have additional feedback on where you would like to see this information, please continue to share with us!

Thanks,

Rahim

• Options
    mic911mic911 Member Posts: 10

I would like to have the ability to attach files (PDF timesheets signed by the client) to Wave invoices as well. Until that feature is added, I have been exporting the Wave invoices and sending them in an email with the timesheet.

Thanks!
    Paul

• Options
    tatiavtatiav Member Posts: 10

Yes! I would also like the ability to attach a PDF file to invoices or at least to the customer. I have school customers who send me PO's and I need to reference those with the invoice. Will this be added soon? thank you!

• Options
    BuzzedHoneysBuzzedHoneys Member Posts: 2

When I incur expenses for a customer, I need to invoice them to reimburse me. Of course I include the purchase order or receipt (for the expenses) with my invoice. Would you please add the feature of allowing attachments? I'm using Wave to consolidate all my accounting in one place, so this seems like a pretty small ask. You can just give us each 2GB of storage. Since receipts and POs are just text documents, 2GB would be plenty of storage. Thanks

• Options
    abajanabajan Member Posts: 10

I really appreciate your implementation of this much needed feature, Rahim. I noticed it the other day and was pleased beyond measure!

Cheers

• Options
    AydeAyde Member Posts: 4

Hi.. I understand that these posts are months old.... But I just added a new customer to my Customer List and on the bottom it has a square that says. . INTERNAL NOTES. And i put notes there. The notes are not shown on the invoices anywhere. :) It is for my eyes only.

• Options
    radmitryradmitry Member Posts: 2

This feature is a must for sure. I alway need to attach various additional files like the slip, time tracking ( I am using Toggl and I don't see these features in Wave) and finally, maybe I just want to attach my happy face to send to clients. I am thinking of switching to Wave from Bonsai, I love Wave's new design a lot and all the features, however this little thing stands in the way.

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @mic911 @tatiav @BuzzedHoneys @radmitry ! Totally hear you about the need for attachments on invoices and bills. I know that our team is definitely considering the most feasible ways to add this type of functionality into Wave, and I really appreciate all of the perspectives that you have added here.

While the team considers the best way to make this a reality, I'm curious to know if you use other online software for the attachments that you are looking to add. I ask because many users have had success with adding links in the memo or notes sections of bills and invoices. This would mean that you could still include the information in the invoice, without then need for it to be an attachment per se. I'll be the first to acknowledge that this is different than adding an attachment, but I do think that in the meantime it would provide a way for information to be shared through the invoice or bill in Wave.

• Options
    radmitryradmitry Member Posts: 2

Hi @JordanFromWave I've tried pasting my Google drive link in the notes section, however this link doesn't seem to be clickable. And even if it would, it's like plus two additional minutes to do that operation. Thanks

edited April 11, 2019
  • Options
    tatiavtatiav Member Posts: 10

@JordanFromWave , It's also for my own reference to go back to. When I was using QuickBooks, I was able to attach it in the client's file so that I could go back and reference it when it was time to be paid. I work with our local school systems and they send a PO, which needs to be referenced on the invoice and then I send both the invoice and the PO to their accounts payable after the items have been picked up. It's nice to have all that in the same place. If I had to add their PO to my Google Drive or One Drive, it would be yet another step to take. For now, I just save the PO and the invoice into a folder and email them both over, which works fine too. Just thinking about eliminating that step if the PO and the invoice were attached. Thanks!

• Options
    mic911mic911 Member Posts: 10

@JordanFromWave Thanks for the response. I currently use an offline Excel workbook for timesheets. The workbook keeps track of the hours billed and the hours still available to bill under the contract. So, I just print the current sheet for the month and have the client sign it, then scan it and then email it along with the exported Wave invoice to the company that pays me.

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Thanks for taking the time to share some additional insight about how you guys are working around this in the meantime!

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@mic911 @tatiav @radmitry Thanks for that information everyone. The context that you have provided is really helpful. I'll be sure to pass this feedback along, and while I can't promise a change in the immediate future, please know that we really appreciate you taking the time to weigh in :)

• Options
    CRITTERSNOMOORECRITTERSNOMOORE Member Posts: 6
    I’ve read that there is now a notes field. It I’m not seeing it anywhere. Help please!
  • Options
    RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

@CRITTERSNOMOORE You can find the notes field when you are editing or creating a customer. Under Customers in the navigation menu, you can click on a customer and edit them. Customer notes can be found under the "more" section. If you are creating or viewing an invoice, you can edit the customer and find notes under the "more" tab as well. I've included a screenshot on the view invoice screen for you to see.

• Options
    @Rahim I’m afraid none of those things are there in my view. Is there a paid version or a new update I don’t have? :/
  • Options
    @Rahim , found it. Unfortunately those options are NOT available in the app which is so disappointing. I don’t take my laptop with me everywhere I go for jobs. Will notes be available in the future on the app?
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@CRITTERSNOMOORE We still don't have any immediate plans to have this implemented within the app anytime soon -- but I'm definitely happy to put this on our mobile teams radar for potentially adding this to a future roadmap. Appreciate your understanding and working with us here!

• Options
    EkolodaEkoloda Member Posts: 1
    Wow... I cannot believe Wave is missing this important feature. I switched from the Invoice Simple and suddenly can not provide vendors with invoices, as I need to attach images or receipts on some of the expenses I include in the invoice.
  • Options
    MariedythMariedyth Member Posts: 2

Hi Charlotte,

If I do export the invoice as a PDF, is it clickable? Meaning, can the client click on it to pay online? TIA!

• Options

@Mariedyth The invoice itself wouldn't be clickable since it's a PDF, however, you can still include the payment link associated with the invoice (you can just copy and paste it in the email that you are sending to the client) -- you can find this on the invoice itself if you click on 'More Actions' and select the 'get share link' -- see screenshot.

• Options
    kay_kay_ Member Posts: 3

Wondering if this feature has been added? I can't seem to find - seems like a critical requirement (it is for us at least).

Thanks!

• Options
    JCarrierJCarrier Member Posts: 1

Hi, I too would like to add an attachment to invoices. Particularly paid invoices. I take a picture of payments i receive. A lot of times i get paid for several invoices with one check from a customer. I take a picture of it and then later go into wave and apply payments to each invoice that was paid. I would really like it if I could add the attached image to the paid invoice for proper record keeping. I realized that with the size of image files and the amount of people using wave for invoicing, that this would create a major issue with wave being able to handle the amount of information on their server. Perhaps an easy solution to this would be that the attached files to invoices could be kept on the computer of the wave customer. But the button to attach the file could lead to the folder that the image is kept on the users computer/ mobile device. Somewhat like adding an attachment to an email. You click on the attachment button and you are met with a series of options, one being "browse" to look through your local files. Instead of uploading the file to wave, a pathway is created that tells your computer where to look for the particular file. This would solve almost all customer requests in this discussion very easily. If this has already been suggested then Im sure wave is on top of the matter. Thanks

• Options

@kay_ I'm afraid the feature is still not available at the moment. Our Sales Service team is currently exploring invoice customization, and looking at key improvements. To me, this sounds like it could be one of them, so hopefully in the near future we have some better information to provide you, but in the meantime, there's still no ETA or guarantee of when/if this will be added.

edited July 22, 2019