Options

Adding Attachment to Invoice

1235»

Comments

• Options
    anitsavanitsav Member Posts: 1

Hi,

Anyone know how to attach a separate pdf to my invoice (eg timesheet)? I'm wanting to send the invoice plus a few pdf's at the same time

• Options
    AmandaKAmandaK Member Posts: 73 admin

@anitsav Welcome to the Wave community! You can't add an attachment to a Wave invoice, but you can export your invoice as a PDF and then send your customer an email with the invoice attached, alongside any other PDFs you'd like to include.

The invoice itself won't be clickable since it's a PDF, but you can include the payment link associated with your invoice in your email. To access the payment link, click on the invoice on your Invoices page, click More Actions at the top of the page, then Get share link.

• Options
    anitsavanitsav Member Posts: 1
    That's very helpful. Thanks!!
  • Options
    ShirleyShirley Member Posts: 0

Can I attach a receipt to an invoice for the customer to view?

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Shirley

I've merged your conversation in this thread about attaching images to receipts. Sadly as you may have discovered already this is not something that we can do in Wave at this time. But do read through some of the comments if you need more context :)

• Options
    sosstaffnz_42sosstaffnz_42 Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the product and community and was wondering if there are any plans to provide a time sheet/ recording function that translates to an invoice.
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @sosstaffnz_42 . This isn't currently on our short-term road map at the moment. I'd recommend doing some research to see if there's an integration outside of Wave that'll help you out with this, and then you can add that info to your invoicing.

edited October 17, 2019
  • Options
    flavorgraphicsflavorgraphics Member Posts: 2

I would love to see attachments added as an invoice feature. I often need to upload receipts, proof of purchase, other invoices, etc. to one client document. It's silly that I can't send them all together. Please add an attachments feature!

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @flavorgraphics! Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our team is actively looking a feature that would allow you to do this in Wave, however I currently can't make any promises that it would be built or provide an estimate on timelines. In the mean time, you can choose to send your invoices with 'Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo' or select 'Get share link' and then send the invoice from your personal email so you can add attachments.

• Options
    DwayneKDwayneK Member Posts: 6

There was a suggestion about adding links to files in the comment section however i'm also seeing where that has stopped working. I tried sending an invoice with links to pdf files (agreements & checklists) on my website but the delivered email did have clickable link. Are html codes allowed in the message body?

edited February 9, 2020
  • Options
    ThemrspsThemrsps Member Posts: 2
    > @Mani said:
    > Hello all the amazing folks giving us feedback on this thread. We hear you loud and clear. Attachments are fundamental to the way you do business in your sales cycle, and in the communications you have with your customers/clients. We recognize invoices and estimates feel incomplete for your needs without this.
    >
    > In 2018, we're going to be making some major changes to the back-end that powers the features of our sales tooling (e.g., invoicing). As part of that, we'll be looking to enable our teams to bring functionality like this to market much faster than before. No promises on timelines, but let's just say we hear you and are listening carefully.

Has this ever been done....... I can see from a few other threads from end of 2019 and start of 2020 this isn’t on roadmaps yet? Would be amazing if this could be provided!
  • Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @DwayneK! Thanks for reaching out. Can you confirm where you are adding the link? Are you adding it to the notes section of the invoice? I have just done some test invoices on my account. I was able to add a link to the 'notes' section of the invoice and the 'message' section (when sending with Wave). The notes section did remove the html but the link in the 'message' body was clickable.

Hey @Themrsps! To be transparent we still don't have an ETA on this. We are currently working on some other features so it is not the top priority right now, but hopefully this will be looked at in the near future!

• Options

Hi @EmmaP good morning. When I tried it, I used the message section. I chose to send myself a copy of the invoice when sending and when I viewed the url was not clickable.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @DwayneK, could you please provide us screenshots of that unclickable URL? Would love to troubleshoot this with you further!

• Options

@ConnorM said:
    Hey @DwayneK, could you please provide us screenshots of that unclickable URL? Would love to troubleshoot this with you further!

This attempt was made Feb 9th. I haven't tried it since.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Thanks, @DwayneK. Whereabouts is this copy located? Is it within the invoice's notes itself, or in the message portion of the sending step of the invoice creation process?

• Options

Hi @ConnorM. That copy was placed in the message section of the Send with Wave window

• Options
    dkkentdkkent Member Posts: 1

2 years later -- another vote for adding attachments to Invoices. Not sure why this is such a complicated thing and based on the length of this thread it seems certainly something that would be of VALUE to USERS. I am seriously considering switching to Wave from Xero - which would result in using both Wave Payments and Payroll which as I see it are probably the main revenue streams for the product. However I cannot do this if I cannot easily attach a PDF to my invoices because there is no simple way to add 30 or 40 lines of data to one invoice, so it's much less time consuming to attach the PDF. In Xero I do not need to do this (although the functionality is there) because it has a direct integration with Teamwork.com to import all the time/task entries and their hours for given time periods. I can get away with each entry NOT being a line item in the invoice but I must be able to attach the invoice for clients to review.

edited April 18, 2020
  • Options
    Private_Benjamin007Private_Benjamin007 Member Posts: 1

I have a client who requires a break down of hours worked this is captured in a timesheet which I would like to attach to the invoice, however it does not appear that this function is available, unless I export the invoice to a PDF and then send a second pdf of the timesheet which defeats the point of having it all in one pdf bundle - any ideas?
    thanks

• Options
    Private_Benjamin007Private_Benjamin007 Member Posts: 1

Looks like this type of feature is not possible in Wave - have gone back to posts from 2018 and this has been requested numerous times over the past 2 years and there hasn't been any development.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Private_Benjamin007

I've merged your question into this thread where you can get a bit more information on adding attachments to invoices. At this point as you may have discovered, this is not possible in Wave unless you download the PDF as you mentioned.

• Options
    AlisonDAlisonD Member Posts: 1

Still not here?! Really want this feature to attach my clockify timesheets

• Options
    JodiNAJodiNA Member Posts: 1

I was really excited about Wave, but after trying it out for one month of invoices, I am already looking for a new tool because I can't add attachments to invoices or bills. Every other tool I've looked at has this - so basic.

Is there any update?

edited December 2, 2020
  • Options
    StellarXStellarX Member Posts: 0
    I work in transportation and will probably be switching to quick books only because this app doesn’t have the feature of attaching photos bellow or to the invoice before I send it out to the customer

Please add this feature it’s very usefull
    edited March 30, 2021
  • Options
    HarshitaHarshita Member Posts: 1

Can we have a way to attach files along with the invoice?

• Options
    KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @Harshita , thanks so much for reaching out to let us know that this is something you would be interested in! At this time, Wave does not have this feature but I have moved your comment to this Feature Ideas forum so that our Developers are able to see your idea and other users who also support this!

• Options
    NMNNMN Member Posts: 13

Wave needs to add this functionality so that attachments (receipts for client expenses, etc) can be combined with the invoice. Sending these in two separate emails looks highly unprofessional.