What types of bank accounts can I connect?

Comments

• BrigitteBrigitte Member Posts: 2

I having the same issue as other members. Now Valley First Credit Union (A Division of First West Credit Union) is only connecting to my Savings and not Business Chequing. It has been working like a dream for the past couple of years at least and I really need it to continue doing so. Hope this gets sorted quickly.

• jonathanwardenjonathanwarden Member Posts: 2

After the bank connection update, my Mountain America Credit Union HELOC no longer syncs.

• AnnyBAnnyB Member Posts: 2

My business chequing account is no longer syncing: Envision Financial Credit Union (Mission branch)

• CEMGCEMG Member Posts: 4

TD Canada Trust business account no longer showing on import account list. Please fix or roll back.

• ChrisDavisonChrisDavison Member Posts: 1

Unfortunately my Manulife One accounts no longer import transactions. This is a huge productivity loss. I will have to go back to manual importing?

• KermitQCKermitQC Member Posts: 1

Unfortunately my Manulife One accounts no longer import transactions. This is a huge productivity loss. Also my credit card RBC not work anymore :( please fix it...

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Very sorry for the inconveniences surrounding the changes to the banking connections. Please rest assured that we are working through resolutions as far as changes to be made to the platform. The connections will get better, and we will be vigilant as far as making sure the appropriate connections are made.

@fischerdf, unfortunately I will need to confirm the implication that brokerage accounts will not longer be able to be connected to Wave. I'm very sorry for the trouble.

• davearonsondavearonson Member Posts: 3

Very unhappy to see that my NWFCU business checking account, which AFAIK is a perfectly ordinary business checking account no different from any other, is apparently no longer "Wave-compatible" (or rather the other way round). That account was the ONLY reason I need something like Wave in the first place!

I might experiment with adding a company account at another one of the financial institutions I already deal with, but in the meantime, unless Wave has some hope of becoming compatible with my business checking, I'll have to find another accounting provider. I can no longer recommend Wave at all, like I used to do.

• MattOShea777MattOShea777 Member Posts: 2

@ConnorM Do you happen to have a timeline when these issues with connecting Business Accounts will be resolved? I'm sure most of us don't have the time to switching to a manual form for any length of time. Thank you,

• fischerdffischerdf Member Posts: 11

@ConnorM said:
    Hey all,

Very sorry for the inconveniences surrounding the changes to the banking connections. Please rest assured that we are working through resolutions as far as changes to be made to the platform. The connections will get better, and we will be vigilant as far as making sure the appropriate connections are made.

@fischerdf, unfortunately I will need to confirm the implication that brokerage accounts will not longer be able to be connected to Wave. I'm very sorry for the trouble.

Connor,
    That's very irresponsible of the people that made that decision. Not only will you be downvoted from the best online accounting site, but you will lose a lot of referrals. How can a business or an individual show a complete balance sheet without complete accounting? And many people use the investment accounts' checking option for a regular checking account.

I loved your website when I found it but now I'm very disappointed. Please see if there is any way to change that decision & continue to offer brokerage accounts, & all major credit cards. (Several of my credit cards no longer connect.)

• hbwilsonhbwilson Member Posts: 4

My bank, oddly, offers loan accounts! (haven't they always??!!) These cannot be synced? Serious omission.

• abcdefghijklmnopabcdefghijklmnop Member Posts: 1

Are brokerage accounts still going to be supported? My Questrade account no longer works since the changes to the bank connections. Without this I don't get much benefit from using Wave

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. At the moment, brokerage and loan accounts are unsupported.

@MattOShea777 this depends on the issue with the account. If your bank or account isn't supported at all, it's because our data aggregator hasn't added it yet. They are always adding new accounts so please keep an eye out for the addition of it. If it's supported but there's a connectivity error, please submit a ticket to our support team.

In the meantime, feel free to use our Google Sheets integration called Wave Connect which should make it easier.

edited January 20, 2020
  • EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, thanks again for providing your feedback here. We do not have any further updates on when investor accounts will be supported by our new data provider. We do realize this is a big issue for many users so I'm sorry if you've been impacted by this. We hope to be able to offer connections for these accounts in the future but we do not have any ETA to provide at the moment.

I know manual uploading is not the ideal situation but Wave Connect and our CSV uploader are great tools to help with uploading transactional data in the meantime.

• GreatTweaksGreatTweaks Member Posts: 2

Bank of America Business Credit Card Accounts list each Business Credit Card Accounts as sub accounts under a Corporate Account umbrella. The corporate account does not hold/show any transactions. You have to import the Credit Card account to get any transactions. You did this prior to the shift to the new process. Can this get fixed?

• GregCGregC Member Posts: 5

My RBC credit card (VISA), my credit margin, and Money Market account don't show up. Not supported??? they used to be before your bank connector "upgrade".

edited January 22, 2020
  • AvarioDevAvarioDev Member Posts: 3

Fidelity accounts used to work just fine, now they are completely unsupported? I've been using Waze for everything, including invoices/payments, meaning I've paid hundreds in fees for the ease of using a single tool to manage all of this.

This enormous step backwards will have me looking for other options if there isn't some timely update on whether these sorts of bank integrations are gone for good.

• TpetsjTpetsj Member Posts: 4

I'm in the same boat as many others here. I use a brokerage checking through Wells Fargo for my business account. I can no longer use Wave. Manually importing every day is not a feasible solution for a busy small business owner. Please put your mind-set in that of a business owner whose book-keeping and accounting is a cost center to their business, so telling us that uploading a .csv file is "Easy" isn't the point. It takes time away from our profit center.

• SFWaver2016SFWaver2016 Member Posts: 12

So, this "upgrade" was done why? Because Wave's previous aggregator told it to pay 5x what it was previously paying and Wave was unwilling to do so? What is the point of having a business accounting software that only imports personal checking accounts? This will go down as a legendary case study of how not to manage a product.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

Our new data aggregator provides more connections than just personal accounts. We support several business accounts. For those of you with an RBC connection, we're currently experiencing an outage but we're hoping to have that fixed soon as Plaid is in talks with RBC.

My apologies if your accounts are not supported currently with our data aggregator. Please refer to Emma's post above on alternative ways to upload your transactions.

• CaryCary Member Posts: 8
    Sadly they aren’t “great tools” to connect they are a big hassle And extra work that I doubt anyone will continue using.

> @EmmaP said:
    > Hi everyone, thanks again for providing your feedback here. We do not have any further updates on when investor accounts will be supported by our new data provider. We do realize this is a big issue for many users so I'm sorry if you've been impacted by this. We hope to be able to offer connections for these accounts in the future but we do not have any ETA to provide at the moment.
    >
    > I know manual uploading is not the ideal situation but Wave Connect and our CSV uploader are great tools to help with uploading transactional data in the meantime.
  • EbonyEbony Member Posts: 1

I have a business checking account through Crescom Bank but it's telling me it's not a supported account. Why?

• RocRoc Member Posts: 7

I found this post because I have been unable to reconnect my RBC accounts since the change.

I have not uploaded a bank statement before so would like some guidance. If I upload a statement, will Wave automatically recognise the duplicates from the beginning of January when my connection still worked?

What is the best way to avoid having duplicates on my Transactions page in this situation?

Any other tips for uploading statements without creating a headache for myself would be much appreciated as well.

Many thanks.

• Amanda123Amanda123 Member Posts: 1

Just looking into switching to Wave. But 3/3 of my bank and credit accounts (Coast Capital, BMO and Coast Capital) all don't work because of what looks like the switch to Plaid. Maybe another time, Wave! I wave good day to you :)

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ebony! If you are viewing the message it is unsupported this will be because there is not yet a connection for this particular type of account. Our data aggregator is always working increase their reach and build new connections so hopefully this is built soon! In the meantime we have other ways you can upload transactional data into your account here - Wave Connect & our CSV uploader.

Hi @Roc! Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry that you're currently being impacted by the RBC connectivity issue. Our data aggregator is working to try and resolve this. The CSV upload will notify you if it detects duplicate transactions in the account you are trying to import transactions into. I recommend going to your Transactions page in your Wave account and looking at the last date transactions were importing (say it was January 10). When you get your CSV file from your bank, you can remove transactions from the file up till January 11 and then do the upload. The linked Wave guides on Wave Connect & the CSV uploader have lots of great information as well!

• CaryCary Member Posts: 8

I received a survey from Wave about other products that they want to sell us. There was not a place in which to tell them that the fiasco with leaving us stranded on these bank and brokerage feeds makes us concerned that they are not a vendor you can trust for other services.

• jonathanwardenjonathanwarden Member Posts: 2

One of the premises for using it was a complete financial picture. Now that is no longer possible I think I have to switch to something else. Wave Accounting was great. What a disappointment.

• OregonMomOregonMom Member Posts: 1

What can Wave management possibly be thinking? First it was "goodbye, personal accounts" - and now, if a business has investment accounts, we can no longer import that data? These changes are totally unacceptable, and to not even have a plan in place, or even to be able to say "yes, we plan to restore that feature", is incredibly poor planning and management. I guess, after several happy, carefree years with Wave, I am going to have to spend a bunch of time finding a different solution that can actually meet the needs of a self-employed business owner. So sad to see a good product killed.

• VincentVincent Member Posts: 1

Could not connect the BMO eBusiness Plan account, invalid account type.

• MariB_2018MariB_2018 Member Posts: 1

Doesn't seem to connect HSA/Health Savings Accounts...why?

This discussion has been closed.