What types of bank accounts can I connect?

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Vincent and @MariB_2018! If you can't find your FI or bank account listed in the search menu, this is because they're not currently supported. Our aggregator is always adding banks and account types so make sure to check back!

If your FI or account is supported and you've entered in your credentials but you're having trouble connecting or you're not seeing transactions imported, please submit a ticket to support.

edited February 7, 2020

Hi there, if you aren't viewing a connection for your Bank it is not yet supported. I'm sorry if you have been impacted by the recent changes. Our data aggregator is always working to create new connections but at the moment we are not able to provide ETAs on when particular connections will be built. To get transactional data into your account in the meantime we recommend using Wave Connect or our CSV uploader.

• CEMGCEMG Member Posts: 4

How is it possible that a regular TD Bank business chequing account isn't supported? TD is the second largest bank in Canada and its one of the top 10 largest in North America!

You need to switch to a new data aggregator or have them fix their sub-par service immediately.

edited February 12, 2020
  • CaryCary Member Posts: 8
    Interesting it works with TD Bank in the US, but not with my business brokerage account
  • SodaSoda Member Posts: 1

Hi are there currently known issues with connecting to Wealthsimple (Canada site)? I had a functioning connection for at least a year, and then sometime in January 2020 it stopped working. Now I can connect, but I'm getting a 'no supported accounts' message. The account is a TFSA.

• MJSProductionsMJSProductions Member Posts: 3

My TD Ameritrade account will connect but then I get this error message -
    "No supported accounts
    Your connection was successful but there are no account types eligible for transaction import.
    See our help center for more information about supported account types."
    I go to the help center for info on the supported account types and see Money Markets as one of the supported ones. My TD Ameritrade does have a Money Market attached to it, although it is probably considered a Brokerage Account. However, it give me that error message and doesn't even connect the Money Market account. Will this ever be fixed to accommodate brokerage accounts?
    I am having similar issues connecting on my Wave Business account to basic credit card and checking accounts.
    The problem is PLAID. Wave, please roll it back to the way it was before PLAID.
    With that being said, it has now been 6 weeks or so since this breakdown.
    What other accounting platforms is everyone else switching to? I would like to get some recommendations from other people in the same situation as alternatives to this.

Hi everyone, thank you for reaching out in our Community. As you are aware Wave has recently changed to a new data provider. We acknowledge that the transition has not been smooth for all users so we apologize if you have been impacted by this.

The transition to the new provider is now complete and most financial institutions and account types were able to resume connections as normal. However, we are also seeing instances where connections are failing for various reasons. Our top priority is working with our data aggregator to identify and resolve these issues. For us to be able to track these issues or look into your specific case, we encourage you to submit a ticket to our Support team for further investigation.

If you had trouble reconnecting, or your account or Financial Institution is currently not supported by our new data aggregator we know this can be frustrating. If you are not able to connect we have some great alternative solutions for data importing such as Wave Connect which allows you to have greater control over your importing, or our CSV uploader.

• awgllcawgllc Member Posts: 1

I'm so unhappy that wave cannot connect to my Schwab business account. It is making it very hard to work with Wave.

• SFWaver2016SFWaver2016 Member Posts: 12

WTF still no fix to Schwab or Wells Fargo brokerage account imports? If this isn't fixed soon, I will probably decide to leave Wave. Starting to look for alternatives.

• bonitaky29bonitaky29 Member Posts: 1

Is there issues with connecting with TD Card Services? i am trying to link a new account and I can get through the password and then when it tries to send a security code it says There was a problem processing your request. Your account could not be connected at this time. Is it just temporarily broken?

• MJSProductionsMJSProductions Member Posts: 3

My TD Ameritrade account will connect but then I get this error message -
    "No supported accounts
    Your connection was successful but there are no account types eligible for transaction import.
    I go to the help center for info on the supported account types and see Money Markets as one of the supported ones. My TD Ameritrade does have a Money Market attached to it, although it is probably considered a Brokerage Account. However, it give me that error message and doesn't even connect the Money Market account. Will this ever be fixed to accommodate brokerage accounts?
    I am having similar issues connecting on my Wave Business account to basic credit card and checking accounts.
    The problem is PLAID. Wave, please roll it back to the way it was before PLAID.
    With that being said, it has now been 6 weeks or so since this breakdown.
    What other accounting platforms is everyone else switching to? I would like to get some recommendations from other people in the same situation as alternatives to this.

• TpetsjTpetsj Member Posts: 4

To Wave: Is there any ETA on support of Brokerage Accounts? Will these ever be supported? In other words, is it on your roadmap?
    To ANYONE: Please share any recommendations on alternatives to Wave. Thanks!

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out. My apologies you're experiencing issues with your accounts. Currently Plaid does not support brokerage accounts. We're unsure of what their timeline would be for supporting these types of accounts. Please review Emma's post to upload your transactions as need be or reach out to our support team via ticket with your bank connection issues wit your specific account details.

@EmmaP said:
    Hi everyone, thank you for reaching out in our Community. As you are aware Wave has recently changed to a new data provider. We acknowledge that the transition has not been smooth for all users so we apologize if you have been impacted by this.

The transition to the new provider is now complete and most financial institutions and account types were able to resume connections as normal. However, we are also seeing instances where connections are failing for various reasons. Our top priority is working with our data aggregator to identify and resolve these issues. For us to be able to track these issues or look into your specific case, we encourage you to submit a ticket to our Support team for further investigation.

If you had trouble reconnecting, or your account or Financial Institution is currently not supported by our new data aggregator we know this can be frustrating. If you are not able to connect we have some great alternative solutions for data importing such as Wave Connect which allows you to have greater control over your importing, or our CSV uploader.

• transportmomentum1transportmomentum1 Member Posts: 3

Then all lines of credit are now being imported as credit cards....not as good as the old options. Now my accounts are all out of wack.

• DeeJayDeeJay Member Posts: 2

My BMO account will connect but then I get this error message -
    "No supported accounts
    Why doesn't Wave support eBusiness Plan from BMO?? Is there any other alternate app people might be using or may have transitioned from Wave to another competitor apps?

• DeeJayDeeJay Member Posts: 2

@SFWaver2016 said:
    WTF still no fix to Schwab or Wells Fargo brokerage account imports? If this isn't fixed soon, I will probably decide to leave Wave. Starting to look for alternatives.

Did you find an alternative?

• agriesemer1989agriesemer1989 Member Posts: 1

I have a SunTrust Business Money Market account that won't show up when I connect my accounts. Is there something I can do to get this connected?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @transportmomentum1! I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing some issues with your bank transactions importing. I'd recommend opening a ticket with our support team in order to discuss! @DeeJay hey! I can see that you were in contact with our support team around this, happy to see things worked out :)

@agriesemer1989, unfortunately, if you do not see that account within your accounts list after your Business Money account has been connected within the Wave environment, then that account would not be applicable for use with the automatic bank transaction imports. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news here!

• CEMGCEMG Member Posts: 4

Has anyone else been able to re-connect their regular TD Canada Trust business chequing account?

After the data provider switch to Plaid, this is the only account that no longer shows up under Connected Accounts. No fix from Wave and no response from Plaid. Very Disappointing.

• Cp43Cp43 Member Posts: 1

Still no fix to Schwab or Wells Fargo brokerage account imports?
    Seems like choosing Plaid was a bad idea.

• 1everykidswims1everykidswims Member Posts: 1

We connected our First Hawaiian Bank account and it says "Not Supported"

How would we use the services if we can connect the bank?

• fakenoobfakenoob Member Posts: 17

Can't connect to Wealthsimple account . The login is successful but " no supported account" error.

• PixelsPiecesPixelsPieces Member Posts: 1

RBC shows all of my personal accounts but not my business ones?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Thank you very much for reaching out here. I can see that several of you have been in touch with regards to your banks not properly connecting (if at all) to Wave. I completely understand the frustrations you're going through, and I do apologize for the inconvenience. For the time being, I would recommend either continuing the dialogues you have started with our Support team, or using the Wave Connect feature in order to import information into your Wave account. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

• ArnyArny Member Posts: 3

Hi Wave Team, I'm trying to connect my line of credit to my business session in wave, but it cannot find it. Only my check account is available. Is there something I should do to get that fixed?
    Thanks

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@Arny Unfortunately our data provider isn't able to provide bank imports for Line of Credit accounts. For now we suggest using our CSV uploader or our Google Sheets add-on, Wave Connect to do bulk uploads

• deancoatedeancoate Member Posts: 1

Why do you have a connection for the City and County of San Francisco Deferred Compensation Plan (sfdcp.org) when you don't support any part of this type of account?

• MonifaMonifa Member Posts: 2

I have a business checking and business savings account with Spark Business through Captial One. For some reason I'm unable to access it here. What do you think the problem may be?

• jchujchu Member Posts: 1

I also have a business account with Spark Business Capital One and seem unable to access. Please help! thanks

• drwmjdrwmj Member Posts: 1

My business checking account is a Schwab brokerage account which allows holding assets other than cash. Wave won't connect to this account, though it did before there was some kind of change. It's very inconvenient to have to manually load account transactions. Giving Quicken Book a free trial.

This discussion has been closed.