Changes to bank connection availability outside of the US and Canada

Comments

• brightstar123brightstar123 Member Posts: 2

That's the end of Wave for me too, so so disappointing and such a hassle having to change now. Xero it is I guess.

• Micomp_SuppMicomp_Supp Member Posts: 4

So I'm disappointed as well but has anyone looked at using Tiller Money to feed data to a google sheet then Wave Connect to import into Wave. Tiller Money manages the bank feeds to Google sheets and I have just linked up 2 Australian banks on a 30 day trial. After the trial it's $60 US per year. I'm going to test it with an old wave account I used to use and see how it works. It won't be completely automated but I have been using Wave for 7 years and don't want to have to change in the middle of a financial year.

• wiredafricanwiredafrican Member Posts: 9

No BAS GST report support, No Wages support and now no Bank Sync. Another nail in Wave's coffin for users outside of America.
    Can't wait for a competitor service to come into the market. Even if I have to pay a few dollars a month to be able to handle GST reports, Wages and Bank Sync.

• norethnoreth Member Posts: 1

Bank feed isn't an essential for me or my clients - especially that in order to use bank feed you are handing over your bank user id and password to a third party (absolute no no from a bank perspective). If money is drawn from your account by the unscrupulous you have NO backing from the banks. Regardless - Wave is a great solution for the small business and since it's free why complain.

• MSebelMSebel Member Posts: 7

WTF! One of the best features is about to go!?
    From full automation back to manual intervention - think I'll go buy fax machine to keep up with H&R Block's new WAVE of thought. Like the rest, I do appreciate the notice so I can move on without down time. Damn shame!!!

• NevilleNeville Member Posts: 2

This is a disaster!!!!! Poorly thought out business decision!

• barrytbarryt Member Posts: 31

@Micomp_Supp said:
    So I'm disappointed as well but has anyone looked at using Tiller Money to feed data to a google sheet then Wave Connect to import into Wave. Tiller Money manages the bank feeds to Google sheets and I have just linked up 2 Australian banks on a 30 day trial. After the trial it's $60 US per year. I'm going to test it with an old wave account I used to use and see how it works. It won't be completely automated but I have been using Wave for 7 years and don't want to have to change in the middle of a financial year.

Hi, I tried mint.com and moneybrilliant.com.au
    Both offer free service to get feeds from banks which you can download into spreadsheet and then past into Wave's google sheets to upload. I tested and works OK. moneybrilliant also links into australian super funds as well!
    If you have multiple bank accounts, you can download all into the one account that has most transactions, then change in Wave. I fiddled with the exports to add bank account ID to the transaction description to help identify whihc account. In this way you don't have to do a load for each bank account.
    Still a pain though. Please don't do this Wave!!!!

• unsure_of_wav3unsure_of_wav3 Member Posts: 1

What if Wave were offered an enticing sum of $$$ to stop supporting this feature in order to direct a primed market towards a paid Australian based subscription service? Just a skeptical thought.

• StefanStefan Member Posts: 1

Good bye, Wave.
    Hello, Xero.

• Craig_Wall_00Craig_Wall_00 Member Posts: 1

That's a shame... I was enjoying using Wave. I guess I'll be moving to another platform. I would have considered paying for automatic bank uploads.

Sayonara...

• CheckoutCheckout Member Posts: 1

Can we pay for this feature?

• HowdyHowdy Member Posts: 2

Oh shame. I thought new owners weren't changing anything?
    In New Zealand and this banking integration has been a god send. I never seem to get the csv files right for import and just don't have time for mucking around with that. Bummed, this has been such a beautiful solution.
    Thanks and good luck.

• HeyHey Member Posts: 1

Wave why are you so MIA ... are you reading these comments? I have been a really happy user of your platform for the past three years. Very disappointing to have to walk away especially half way through a financial year.

• Jonathan van RensburgJonathan van Rensburg Member Posts: 5

Not Happy I will pay for this feature

@Jonathan van Rensburg said:
    Not Happy I will pay for this feature

It could be 'Click Bait' too - Shut off a feature and see if the majority will pay to have it back (even though it costs nothing).
    It's an old trick to start the revenue stream especially after a take over. H&R didn't buy it to be a charity.

@Billy said:
    Australians considering other platforms.

Slickpie - was able to link my Australian bank account straight away.

Bullet - received this note from their support - We're currently preparing live bank feeds option and it'll be ready in 2 weeks, Australian banks will be included.

Slickpie looked good until I realised they only allow Accrual Accounting. If you're a SME you need CASH Accounting.

• KageKage Member Posts: 1

Lol, I thought this was a joke, or badly worded marketing message or something.
    Turns out: "we have decided to narrow our focus to North America, specifically the US and Canada."
    Pretty clear - they don't care about anyone else right now. It's alright, they'll have all the walls soon. It's such a shame as the new features were looking pretty sweet, but I'm not going to cry over not being wanted ... I wonder who they'll discard and leave stranded next? Probably the best thing for the world though. Or is this just the beginning.. .. first the finance apps, then the nukes?.?
    Thanks to all the commenters below for some great suggestions for alternatives!
    And thanks Wave, for leaving the comments open in the face of this quite bad news for many of us.

• KiwiRobMcKiwiRobMc Member Posts: 1

Really?? Why is this happening? Seems like you are devaluing your product by making it less streamlined.
    A very VERY disappointed customer!!!

• EldavinnEldavinn Member Posts: 2

This really sucks :( I'll wait to see what it will cost to have this feature included.

Any alternative for South African users? Thanks

• TribalMan_01TribalMan_01 Member Posts: 4

@Eldavinn said:
    This really sucks :( I'll wait to see what it will cost to have this feature included.

Any alternative for South African users? Thanks

FNB has an accounting app that is included for free with a business account which has this functionality. As far as I know you can't use it for invoicing though, but I might be wrong.

• LorawawaLorawawa Member Posts: 5

Will customers in the U.S. Virgin Islands, specifically St Croix, still be able to automatically connect to their bank accounts?

• SamStarrSamStarr Member Posts: 1
    I’m finding this app hard to understand. I’m in Australia. I’ve been paid by a client. When and where will my money show up? I desperately need it and thought that Wave was a way to be paid instantly by credit card. It’s been 24hrs, and no payment has arrived
  • BillyBilly Member Posts: 28

@SamStarr said:
    I’m finding this app hard to understand. I’m in Australia. I’ve been paid by a client. When and where will my money show up? I desperately need it and thought that Wave was a way to be paid instantly by credit card. It’s been 24hrs, and no payment has arrived

CC payments are outsourced through Stripe, ive only used it a few times, but id log into your Stripe account and check the history. From memory you are notified pretty much straight away when a payment is received, and it appears in your account within 24 - 48 hours i think.

• DougMDougM Member Posts: 1

I can understand not adding new features for users outside of the USA but removing this feature is just dumbfounding. Your Product Manager should be fired for this decision. Prepare for a massive increase in customer churn over the next 12 months.

• RachBizRachBiz Member Posts: 4

What a ridiculous decision...

• IvyIvy Member Posts: 7

@barryt said:

@Micomp_Supp said:

Both offer free service to get feeds from banks which you can download into spreadsheet and then past into Wave's google sheets to upload. I tested and works OK. moneybrilliant also links into australian super funds as well!
    If you have multiple bank accounts, you can download all into the one account that has most transactions, then change in Wave. I fiddled with the exports to add bank account ID to the transaction description to help identify whihc account. In this way you don't have to do a load for each bank account.

I understand Mint shows transactions in US$. Will Wave convert it to INR or AUD when you upload a bank aggregated statement in CSV format or through Wave's Google sheets?

• KevindefKevindef Member Posts: 1

"..no longer be able to connect a bank account to your Wave account" This is how it ends. A big mistake. Time to jump ship!

• barrytbarryt Member Posts: 31

@Ivy said:

@barryt said:

@Micomp_Supp said:

I understand Mint shows transactions in US$. Will Wave convert it to INR or AUD when you upload a bank aggregated statement in CSV format or through Wave's Google sheets?

I only tested with my AUD bank accounts and it all remained in AUD within Mint. The export was in AUD. Don't know what the Mint export would look like for INR & AUD accounts. Give it a try, it's very quick to do.

• makjonmakjon Member Posts: 1

what a disaster - after many years using Wave, all gone.....

• IvyIvy Member Posts: 7

@barryt said:

@Ivy said:

@barryt said:

@Micomp_Supp said:

I only tested with my AUD bank accounts and it all remained in AUD within Mint. The export was in AUD. Don't know what the Mint export would look like for INR & AUD accounts. Give it a try, it's very quick to do.

Its not taking my phone number with country code...I tried +91 and 0091 for India but it keep saying "Please enter a valid phone number including area code". Any idea how to get through? Not sure if it supports India account creation.

This discussion has been closed.