Coming soon: Wave's new Receipts feature

Comments

• map2000map2000 Member Posts: 4

I will miss the current bulk upload of receipts, since my account is not connected now I will require to create each transaction before hand then attach the receipt to the transaction one by one. Will see how this process goes. Very disappointed by the change since we're loosing some feature that made bulk upload of receipt easy.

• MudinmybloodMudinmyblood Member Posts: 1

When I make a business purchase, I automatically get an email receipt. I can no longer email an attachment of my receipt directly to WAVE. Without this option, WAVE is no longer useful for my business. Please consider putting it back.

• Lauren_StacyLauren_Stacy Member Posts: 1

So the TL;DR of this is - Wave are removing all useful and helpful aspects of their receipt system / process and making life difficult for it's users. Correct?

• Smokey_59Smokey_59 Member Posts: 1
    This is not an improved feature. The OCR reader was one of your most valuable features. I understand it can be expensive but did you even consider offering the feature for fee?
    Simply attaching a pdf file as a receipt while having to manually input all the details myself is NOT an improvement. It’s NOT easier for users. But I know it is easier and cheaper for you.
    Very disappointing.
  • bptorbptor Member Posts: 1

Yeah this is a dealbreaker, this was the main reason I used wave. Really disappointing. Will be moving to another

• kacperjedkacperjed Member Posts: 4

This was the only reason we chose Wave :neutral:

• CoolGreenPowerCoolGreenPower Member Posts: 1

The changes are certainly not driven by customer needs or wants. This loss of functionality is the latest in a trend of reducing automation and adding work back to customers. First, we experienced a 50% reduction in importing banking transactions and now receipts.

• Mark__Mark__ Member Posts: 2

Ah well, all good things come to and end. And hey, we were not paying for it, were we? We're already planning to move to Xero as of 1 July so this is just another nice "goodbye" from Wave under new ownership. So long.

• RolandRoland Member Posts: 1

Goodbye wave (Wave Goodbye)! What a mess you're making of this! removing your best features and replacing them with manual processes that hark back to the early days of computer data input. You used to stand out but now unfortunately there is better. If you're worried about the financial impact - just start charging for your services (especially the receipt functionality!) I would happily pay as it is (sorry was) the best.

edited June 14, 2021
  • PaulDPaulD Member Posts: 4

How do we upload a receipt if there is no option under the transaction drop down menu? The only options are "edit" and "notes". When is this supposed to actually roll out? Or was it rolled out and already taken away?

• DuaneLWDuaneLW Member Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

I do not see the option to upload a receipt under the transactions tag. It only displays edits and notes.
    Can someone explain where the receipt button is?

Thanks again.

• BusinessOwner123BusinessOwner123 Member Posts: 3

It's June 14th. And currently there is actually no way to upload receipts to transactions. They removed the receipts feature but have not updated the interface with the new method yet!!! Wow adding insult to injury here.

• teegytuftyteegytufty Member Posts: 4

transaction isn't an option

• Lois_PLois_P Member Posts: 1

I just looked for the new feature in Dashboard - it is NOT there!

It is supposed to be available today!

• alexk_alexk_ Member Posts: 4

Horrible product decision. You actually had a great product, I can't find anything that worked that well on the market. Why kill it? I'd happily pay money for it!

Not only that, I sent a bunch of receipts today and no notifications that it doesn't work anymore. Your product organization is going down the drain.

• ashbtashbt Member Posts: 2

Pretty brutal change. It was so easy to use the Receipts app to upload a receipt and create an expense. This is way longer and required emailing them to ourselves first since the only Wave app I can find now is Invoicing, which means I'd have to log in to my mobile browser to upload through a new transaction, once that options is actually there.
    Not my favourite change, that's for sure. Wave becomes a bit more clunky on this one.

• joanne33256joanne33256 Member Posts: 1

I wish I could still upload receipts on a app and that they would just go to a file that I could access on the wave website. If I want to continue to get my receipts connected to wave immediately after purchase, I will have the same issue of having to merge the receipt and the bank transaction. Now I have to make a new system of saving my physical receipts till the end of the month and upload them manually. Huge pain in the ass.

• JaredSJaredS Member Posts: 2

Unfortunately like many others here it seems, I will have to switch to another platform now. This is a crazy bad product decision. Not being able to email receipts to receipts@waveapp.com is a complete dealbreaker wow ... this is a sad goodbye Wave :(

• TorontoPsychologistTorontoPsychologist Member Posts: 4

This change is terrible for sole proprietorships. I will be changing to either quickbooks or Xero as soon as my fiscal year is done.

• TheRustyNailTheRustyNail Member Posts: 4

OMG! I'm soooo sad to see all the features I loved get ripped out of this app. No OCR, emailing receipts.... that is what made you guys stand out among the competition; and frankly why I used this product and recommended it to many other sole proprietors.

Horrible business decision!

Why not look into some kind of fee-based model or worse case - ad supported. Something other than what you guys did.

You had a wonderful thing and just ruined it.

• Evan_Evan_ Member Posts: 1

I’ll be joining the long list of other users leaving Wave (and staying far, far away from other H&R Block products and services) due to the backwards looking product decision making exhibited here. Stripping down a functional product is not a way to instil loyalty in your user base. I’m sure most people here would be fine with this being a paid feature, but that is not the path that was chosen. I will be transitioning to a different platform and just as I used to advise colleagues and business owners about Wave as a great solution, I will be warning them to stay away.

• Jamesy_DubJamesy_Dub Member Posts: 3

This is a very sad day for the bookkeeping world.

• Richard_LRichard_L Member Posts: 5

Why are you making your service less useful? This is not at all more convenient. Just the opposite! Is this a cost saving measure? I just don't understand why you would make your product less useful. OCR and emailing receipts are both very convenient parts of why I chose your service. So now instead of emailing electronic receipts I receive I have to take the extra steps of first downloading them to my computer/phone, logging in to Wave, then manually entering all the receipt info, and uploading the receipt. How in the world do you consider this more convenient to your users? What a shame you just decided to do this without even consulting your users!

• lululombardlululombard Member Posts: 1

Why do you pull this sh*t on us? The way is was before was the exact reason I migrated to wave! I might have to seek another solution... That's very unfortunate.

• TheRustyNailTheRustyNail Member Posts: 4
    It must be the secret plan to retire the company by death of a thousand cuts. Why else would you guys decimate the best feature of OCR? I mean, u really expect sole proprietors to snap a pic, upload it and then fill in all the information? Not only time consuming but open to Typos! Wrong amounts! Inconsistencies.

This ridiculous change must be part of a larger strategy… lose customers by design so ur market value goes down, thus stakeholders jump ship? Are u in a dispute with someone and want to crush the company to get back at them?

I mean really. I don’t care a rats a$$ about my screen being resized for easy viewing (which doesn’t work that well btw). I care about saving my time and my info being digitally consolidated correctly, safely easily accessible. The stuff Wave used to do, literally yesterday.

Whhhyyy???? :-(
  • NJANJA Member Posts: 11 ✭✭

You have seriously misunderstood the requirement. Yes it is convenient to be able to upload a receipt directly into the register, I and many other people requested this feature but, you removed the best parts, OCR and emailing receipts....now I have to wait for my account import before I can import my receipts unless I want to do extra work. If your plan is to drive people back to Quickbooks, you made the right decision, if not....then I suggest you rethink this quickly and put OCR and emailing back!

My staff send me their receipts and it was so convenient to upload/email them and then match them with the incoming transactions....you took a major step backward on productivity.

edited June 14, 2021
  • patpat Member Posts: 5

Guys, this is BS. Please - all , what are the other reasonable alternatives with simple receipt management? And please do not suggest Zoho Books... :(
    Where are you planning to move to stay away from new HR ownership?

• tryingWavetryingWave Member Posts: 5

Are you in touch with the people that actually use wave? Why would you add extra steps to our already busy lives? If your competition is smart they will read the comments here, add this functionality and take your market share. But you are probably too big to care about the comments here and will likely suffer from being out of touch with what people actually need.

• scho012scho012 Member Posts: 3

let's all wave goodbye....looks like the best features are now gone... and so are your customers....

• rwcghrwcgh Member Posts: 16

The new receipts workflow has a serious bug: It does not allow for selection of other currency besides the default (in my case USD). So if I upload a receipt in CAD or BRL, I can only type the amount in USD, so it's off. In the old receipts function, I could specify a different currency denomination on upload.