Coming soon: Wave's new Receipts feature

Comments

• ALPMALPM Member Posts: 4

Very, very dissapointed at the new transaction approach. I've just been through the new procedure and it is about 10 times more labourious and time sucking than the previous awesome OCR receipts mobile app. This will take way longer for users to do receipts on the go and may result in us forgetting to do them due to the inconvenient nature of the non OCR approach. This may be great from an accounting perspective, but aweful from a business user perspective. PLEASE REVERSE THIS ACTION. The receipts is the feature I rave about to people asking me what I use, I'll wait for a couple of weeks to see if Wave recognises the mistake and then start looking for another software. Is this Waves ploy to move users to Zoho Books?

• BJ_at_VS_LLCBJ_at_VS_LLC Member Posts: 3

You made accounting for my investment and remodel business efficient and believe it or not, enjoyable; until now. Why cut off your face to spite your nose. This smells of business hardball over the app technology. Please tell me you are winning; just a hint will do. I can stack receipts for a few weeks but after that I need to move on. Nuts!

• TheRustyNailTheRustyNail Member Posts: 4

SIGH I don't want to have to go through the search process AGAIN for a solution that can work for me.I was happy with WAVE and thought I was done, Done and DONE. I will give WAVE a few weeks to reconsider their decision re OCR and then I have to move on. Anyone have suggestions on where to look first? I hear Foreceipts has a 50% off promo directed to WAVE customers. Ha! The Marketing line says something like "Looking for a receipt app that doesn’t quit on you?" LOL. Seriously, anyone tried them out? I see Zoho Books and Xero are 2 others that look robust not just receipt/expense tracking. Just starting to look and comparing; but hoping (Fingers Crossed) that WAVE changes their tune.

• theproductollctheproductollc Member Posts: 2
    WHY YOU DIDN’T KEEP THE WAVE RECEIPT APP AS A 2ND OPTION?
    THOS IS THE WORST DECISION YOU HAVE TOOK.
    THE APP WAS THE BEST WAY FOR ME TO ORGANIZE MY RECEIPTS.
    NOW IT’S A LOT OF MORE STEPS AND MESS TO STORE A RECEIPT!
    I DON’T THINK YOU REALLY ARE GOING TO RESTORE THE APP.!
    THERE IS A LOT OF NEGATIVE REVIEWS ABOUT IT AND YOU ANYWAY TOOK IT OUT.
    I’M REALLY DISAPPOINTED ABOUT IT!
  • alohastaralohastar Member Posts: 6

Removing the receipt feature Now your mobile app from my phone is having a convulsion and decided to process all my receipts after you switched everything over,(there i cannot edit anything) with attaching them to my online account, or any transactions, for ENTIRE YEAR, WOW, Really Scary what's happening on this platform, really bad choices, sorry to say, used to love you guys...not so sure about this, best of luck

edited June 18, 2021
  • mobokeegmobokeeg Member Posts: 3

Wow, seeing this, I'm glad you guys pretty much made me start keeping paper receipts. I used to use quickbooks and it handled receipts so smoothly.

Can you guys just keep OCR and
    *** DO RECEIPTS LIKE QUICKBOOKS ***

Leave the app as a scanner, read and AUTOMATICALLY attach receipts to transactions.

You were nearly there and now, we've stepped back into the stone age. How is that so much to ask?

• RobertK123444RobertK123444 Member Posts: 2

does anyone know of any other software that does the scanning like wave does? i just tried the software as recommended below as recommend by therustynail , but its not as good and clean as what wave could do previously... but if there are no other options it seems like a good replacement for now...

Waveapps, what happened to you? Who did this to you? Who hurt you? Talk to us! If you need something we can work together to make it work, please come back....

edited June 19, 2021
  • brambebrambe Member Posts: 3

I tried to follow the new receipt upload procedure and cannot agree more with everyone about how disappointed I am. I have to now have the photos of receipts saved on my phone and wait for the transactions to load after a day or two. It's very confusing to keep organized with what goes where. And now when I tried to upload the photos are too big to attach to the transactions. I don't have the receipts anymore so now I have to download them, resize them, and then upload them to wave. It used to take a minute or two to catch up on my receipts. This is a nightmare!

• TAG12TAG12 Member Posts: 2
    I can’t even begin to tell you how terrible an idea this was, as you can see from the comments everywhere. Your product managers need to do some serious self reflection. Shameful.
  • BrianScottKBrianScottK Member Posts: 1

Adding my "vote" here for Wave team to see yet another disappointed user who would prefer the original OCR scan feature returned for receipts.

• Valentin_NorosaValentin_Norosa Member Posts: 2

please put the old style back that one was automatic now i have to spent more time to put all info

• vstimacvstimac Member Posts: 1

Chiming in to confirm, this new workflow sucks. It's slower, more complicated, and pretty much convinces me it's time to switch to a better tool all around.

• WWPWWP Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

Alternatives to WAVE? Let's start a list and take our business to someplace else.

• EIWEIW Member Posts: 1

These comments speak VOLUMES. This change is a hinderance to any business. You have made the act of bookkeeping more difficult and time consuming with these changes. The opposite of what any person would ever want. I can only hope that Wave listens and responds. Not so patiently waiting....

• Alex_Cheng_88Alex_Cheng_88 Member Posts: 4

Really, REALLY bad update, especially with retiring the image processor... Adding too much time to this process now. Need to find another accounting app.

• Jemma_p_2Jemma_p_2 Member Posts: 1

Very disappointed by this "update". As previous comments have mentioned it feels like a huge step backwards for Wave - making what was a relatively smooth process of uploading receipts a lot more time-consuming and tedious. Would appreciate a rethink by the Wave team or I will be forced to find an alternative.

• jennifer_2_bzjennifer_2_bz Member Posts: 1

Incredibly disappointed. We just started using this app and my boss was very excited to have found a quick and easy way to keep track of our receipts (and we have A LOT of them). I was even working on him to possibly change over all of our accounting needs to Wave. I may as well go back to the tedious process from before. PLEASE Wave, fix this and bring back the image processor.

P.S. Thanks so much for all the double work I'll have to do for all of the receipts I had already scanned. Awesome...because, you know, we all have so much time on our hands.

edited June 18, 2021

The solution requires many hours of your users to accomplish the SAME task. Our time is money, especially if you guys are serving small businesses.

Only just found out that all my receipts need to be downloaded and re uploaded one by one and create the transaction, one by one. it's going to waste DAYS or WEEKS of my time.

• JCMJCM Member Posts: 1
    Very depressing you removed this feature. As a small business owner who travels a lot, this was the feature that made me pick waves over quickbooks. Please add it back. It will cause me to look for other solutions for my convenience When you travel you don’t want to save receipts, create transactions, etc…. You want to take a picture and send it in and clean it up after wards. Even removing the receipt app was amazingly poor customer experience.
  • jk122234jk122234 Member Posts: 1

I CANT BELIEVE IT !. THIS IS BAD. HOW DO I SEE THE PHOTOS OF MY RECEIPTS ? IF THE TAX OFFICE WANT TO SEE RECEIPTS and the old ones have been thrown out what do you do. Im going to another app even if I have to pay.

edited June 18, 2021
  • MattmeMattme Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Foreceipt does exactly what we need! Its free.. wave goodbye
  • MattmeMattme Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    https://foreceipt.com/
  • moraisinsmoraisins Member Posts: 2

I am very sad the receipt feature is gone from the app. Also, I don't like how the OCR image processing is now longer working :( I loved this app for the ease of the OCR image processing - this is now no different than manual input.

• Richard_LRichard_L Member Posts: 5

Wanted to let everyone know of a possible alternative: FORCEIPT!

They are offering WAVE users 50% off to switch. They do offer a FREE plan, but to get the same features as you had before (receipt emailing) you'll have to sign up for a paid plan, but even their paid plans are very reasonably priced compared to some of the other options I've seen.

I love that their page even says "Looking for a receipt app that doesn’t quit on you?" Ha! Ha! LOL Nice one!

https://foreceipt.com/switch

WAVE App management I know I speak for many others here when I say that I loved your product and really don't want to go, but you are forcing us to look for alternatives. PLEASE reconsider this terrible decision and restore the features we all love.

edited June 18, 2021
  • OMHOMH Member Posts: 1

Newer user and just getting comfortable with Wave and had been touting positive comments to many others....until recently.
    Very, very, VERY bad "enhancement"--totally echo LOUDLY all previous concerns/complaints relating to new receipt functionality....this is too many steps backward to count and a terrible user experience adding so many more steps and time to our already busy days as small business owners. Please help us understand what prompted this change--what exactly was wrong with the previous receipts feature--fast, easy, OCR populated, quick merge with bank transactions, immediate uploads, no need to monitor or follow-up? Hmmmm--wait, those are all GOOD things!

• xDavidxxDavidx Member Posts: 9

Do you really read the forums and take in feedback? The receipt feature was working great, one can upload a bunch and once the transaction posted I can match them all up. It was great that I could have stored the receipt in a holding area until i can get to them. This new feature is 10 steps backwards. Now I have to keep track on what device or computer I have a receipt so I can upload it when the transaction gets posted.

People have been asking about sub categories feature for year but instead you worked to reduce and release a worse experience on a feature that worked so nicely. Now it's really time to look for another accounting system, wave has become more work lately with all the unwanted "enhancements" being released. Please bring back the old receipt feature, it worked why change it.

• AL316AL316 Member Posts: 1

This is very very disappointing that the original receipt feature was gone. Users needs are simple, we want good feature that meet our daily use. Now it was gone. If the original receipt feature is not coming back, it's time to move on and switch to another system. For a cloud software, you may not be mind to lose users base, but now your reputation had been destoryed by yourself completely.

• DimitrisDimitris Member Posts: 1

Really disappointing actions by WaveApps. You really want all your users to leave for some reason.

• WebgotWebgot Member Posts: 1
    Image OCR is the primary reason I use waveappsbin the first place. It creates an expense transaction automatically with all the important info from a receipt. Unfortunately it got retired. Just wondering is it to costly to have the AI OCR running or to maintain the mobile apps?

I thought this is an innovative app/company that always seeking to improve its user experience and features. It’s nice that I am able to upload receipt attach to each transaction now and I for one has been waiting for this. However, by retiring mobile app and OCR processing feature will cost you. Now I have to either find an import file or manually enter:
    - Description
    - Date of transaction
    - Amount of transaction
    - Upload the image to my computer and upload it to attach to the transaction. (I don’t like to use my mobile phone to login to your website and type all the details and then upload that receipt image. You should have your developers to try to create some receipts that way manually and you will know what I mean.)

People like me will be forced to look for alternatives. Why do you want to kick away your customers this way? Sadly, it was a perfect app to use for my small business. More sadly, the company probably is not even reading this.