Upload a bank or credit card statement in .csv format

123457»

Comments

• ChristineSChristineS Member Posts: 1
    Having issues using your template to upload transactions. Submit a ticket would like to get some assistance
  • fortheloveofbachatafortheloveofbachata Member Posts: 1

Can you upload a list of expenses as a .csv? I tried and they all imported as sales. I don't have the time or patience to edit them all to be correctly labeled as expenses, there are over 300.

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hi @ChristineS Happy to see you were able to resolve this through email with our support team! :)

Hey @fortheloveofbachata to indicate expense (withdrawal) on a CSV file, please put a minus/negative "-" sign in front of the amount. Below is an example of how the CSV format would look like:

Date, Description, Amount
    03/16/2021, Test Expense, -$100
    03/16/2021, Test Expense, -$200
    03/16/2021, Test Income, $500

The transactions uploaded with "-" in front of the amount will be shown as an expense (withdrawal) instead of an income (deposit). Hope this clear things up!

• EvergreenEvergreen Member Posts: 2

Like @fortheloveofbachata I want to upload expense to a liability account among my Chart of Accounts. The CSV utility is not presenting me with my list of CoAs. What I am doing wrong? Is there a trick to work around a limitation of choices?

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @Evergreen,

The CSV uploader should give you the option to select any of your Asset or Liability/Credit Card accounts that you have set up in your Chart of Accounts.

Could you post a screenshot of what you see when you go to Accounting > Transactions, click More > Upload a bank statement, and select the Payment account drop down?

edited April 8, 2021
  • crawley7crawley7 Member Posts: 8

only about 6or 7 transaction come up when infact theres 20

• felipereisfelipereis Member Posts: 1

Hi Administrator.
    Why is so difficult to upload a CSV file? Please look my CSV is like bellow:

Date;Description;Amount
    10/23/2020;Deposit;73.23
    2/11/2020;Deposit;16.78
    2/11/2020;Deposit;1
    2/11/2020;Refund;-1
    2/11/2020;BuyFromCard;-55.59

Please help me to import this statement.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @felipereis !

It looks like you are using semicolons to split your transaction data. Trying changing the semicolons to comas. This should do the trick.

• EvergreenEvergreen Member Posts: 2

@KiahD I got it now! Only able to list/select those accounts, not able to load transactions into just any GL Acct, i.e. bulk data load transaction into any GL. Thanks!

• RitzRitz Member Posts: 1

My bank is doing only pdf how do I transfer that ?

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @Ritz , at this time, Wave does not have a feature which is able to import transactions from a PDF file, I'm afraid. If your bank is only able to provide statements in PDF format, I would recommend using an app to convert the PDF document to a CSV file or Excel spreadsheet. Once converted, you are able to upload the statement or import it through Wave Connect.

• david_bavdavid_bav Member Posts: 2

So now I have to manually edit my credit card file every month to put a negative in front of EVERY credit card transaction!?!? This new receipt "enhancement" is a total fail-- not well thought out-- this is about 100 steps in the WRONG DIRECTION. Please fix this.

@NancyC said:
    Hi @ChristineS Happy to see you were able to resolve this through email with our support team! :)

Hey @fortheloveofbachata to indicate expense (withdrawal) on a CSV file, please put a minus/negative "-" sign in front of the amount. Below is an example of how the CSV format would look like:

Date, Description, Amount
    03/16/2021, Test Expense, -$100
    03/16/2021, Test Expense, -$200
    03/16/2021, Test Income, $500

The transactions uploaded with "-" in front of the amount will be shown as an expense (withdrawal) instead of an income (deposit). Hope this clear things up!

• AnneskaAnneska Member Posts: 2

After trying everything spending hours I give up!

• KiwicreativeKiwicreative Member Posts: 1

The CVS template file is "Protected" and I have to have a password to save it? help?