How to customize your invoices and estimates

Comments

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@Emilie_Martel this isn't possible right now, although I get why it would be convenient. I can't say that this is something we'll be implementing in the future, although this is still good insight to have!

• ProRoofInc1ProRoofInc1 Member Posts: 3
    Is there a way to create an estimate and show what the advance deposit amount would be? We send quotes where there is a sub-total, tax, quote total, deposit required, amount owing after deposit when job is completed.
  • SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @ProRoofInc1! At the moment it wouldn't be able to do this as a subtotal on the estimate, but you could add this as a note/footnote on your estimate.

Another option would be to have the 1st line item be the amount of the advance deposit. You could then use the item description box to break down what would be included in the advance deposit. For the following items which would be due after, you could include a date for when those would be due. This way your customer will still get the estimate for the full amount, but it would a breakdown of when payment are expected.

Thank you Samd for the idea. I will try that as a test and see how it works out. Once converted to an invoice I'm hoping I can change the "discount" to "Adv Deposit". Thanks again.

Just an FYI that I could not make this work. The quote needs to show the sub-total, then tax, then full value of the quote before the advance payment is deducted. It would be the same as if someone only made a partial payment to a regular invoice and you had to send them another one. Putting the required deposit amount in the footer doesn't work as I already have something there and I don't want to have to edit the footer for every quote. Not time for that!! As much as WAVE is free, Canadian, and easy to use in general....this doesn't make it worth while to switch all of my bookkeeping over to it. Someone who just needs to invoice, or quote without deposits would find it wonderful. Being able to adjust the size of the logo (not square but rectangular) would have also been a hit rather than a miss.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @ProRoofInc1 . I totally understand your need for more here and why Wave doesn't suit your current business needs.

All in all, we still appreciate the feedback on how to improve Wave as listening to our users is the only way we can make the software better suited to your needs.

• Dan_HodderDan_Hodder Member Posts: 1
    It would be very helpful to be able to use HTML tags in the Notes and Footer sections of the invoice. Being able to bold and center specific lines or portions thereof.
  • Deebee1_Deebee1_ Member Posts: 1
    I want to create a "quote" not an estimate. Can I do that?
  • SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @Deebee1_, yep! Essentially all you'd want to do is re-title your Estimate as a 'Quote' instead. These will still live under the 'Estimates' tab of Sales, but they can be used interchangeably.

• Gi_22Gi_22 Member Posts: 1

Prior to the new wave platform, my team was allowed to edit the way invoice numbers were generated. Our institution runs by fiscal years, and our new fiscal year has recently started (Academic Year 2020). Therefore, all invoice numbers moving this point forward should begin "AY20-xxxx" vs. how it is currently set up as "AY19-xxxx". In the past with a simple edit in the settings, this was possible, but now after chatting with a representative I was advised this was no longer possible and I had to edit the invoice number manually per invoice. As you can understand, this becomes an inconvenience given the number of invoices we send. I would appreciate it if this is a feature that could be reinstated.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Gi_22! Thanks for reaching out! So I think what the agent meant to explain to you is that, you only need to update your invoice number on your next invoice. The way invoice numbers work is they run chronologically from the previous one, for instance you enter AY20-001 on your next invoice and the following one will be AY20-002, AY20-003 and so on. I hope this helps things please let me know if you need anything else :smile:

• Me11e_Be11eMe11e_Be11e Member Posts: 1

How can I add in payment account details to the invoice? I have a bpay logo snip I usually insert under the listed costs.
    Is it possible to cut and paste this or will I have to write the details long hand?

• WPBNSWPBNS Member Posts: 6

How can I update the footer and standard memo section (on all previously created recurring invoices)? I have many invoices that were created and that run every month. I need to make a change to the standard memo section and the footer section for all of my recurring invoices (that are already saved and running). How can I edit these areas on previously created recurring invoices without having to recreate them again??? Thanks, Gary

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Me11e_Be11e

Our system doesn't populate a field that allows you to input these details unfortunately. However you can submit them in the notes field with instructions on how to pay of course. The reason of course is to promote the ease of payments by Wave. Connecting your account to Wave payments will allow the funds to be deposited directly into your bank. Hope that gives you a bit more context into our decision to not include an account line.

Hey @WPBNS

Do you see the edit button on the recurring invoice?

This will allow you to edit the invoices moving forward. Regarding previous ones, if you're client has their credit card on auto-payments, certain changes cannot be made without them signing off on it (ie new charges or editing copy on the invoice).

If you're not using payments by Wave you should be able to just head to the old invoice under Invoices > All invoices > Find the said invoice, edit it as you wish.

Let us know if you are able to do this!

• Barsin
  • WazimWazim Member Posts: 1

I have customised Estimates and Invoices settings.
    But when converting estimate to invoices the customisation settings for an invoice does not apply.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Wazim, thanks for reaching out here! Fields on estimates that also reflect on invoices should be converted over! Are there any customization settings in particular that you find do not convert? Let us know and we'd be happy to go over it.

• TrendingTrending Member Posts: 3

Hi Im new to Wave please assist with retrieving few of my estimates/quotations #1 to #6 has completely dissapeared

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Trending! Is it possible that you converted these particular estimates into invoices? Wave doesn't delete data, unless there is action taken by someone who has access to your account. Is possible, could you include a screenshot of your estimates page/invoice page so we can get a stronger sense of what could be happening? Let us know when you get a chance!

• KrunoslavKrunoslav Member Posts: 1

When i create invoice Customer account number is not visible? There is option to write it, but it is not on invoice visible. We need to have VAT/VIES number listed on invoice, how to do that?

Hey there @Krunoslav

I may need a bit more context about what it is you're hoping to see and where you would like to see it.

Some screenshots would really help as well!

• Janos_DJanos_D Member Posts: 1

I'm considering switching to Wave but can't figure out how to customize my invoices beyond the very rudimentary features on the customization page. For example, is it possible to add more columns? (I bill customers monthly and have a "Date" column on my invoices in which I indicate the date on which each item was delivered.) is it possible to change the headings and subheadings, other than "Invoice"? (I need all text on my invoices to be in French.) Is it possible to resize the logo? etc.
    Thank you for your help with this.

Hey @Janos_D

So unfortunately at this time our invoice customization is a bit rudimentary. My apologies for this. Since we are a small business accounting meant for starters, our system is meant to be very rudimentary for first time learners, but also can be used by pros as we've seen as long as they're okay working within the limitations we currently have in our system. Hopefully this helps with your question!

• Stephen7Stephen7 Member Posts: 1

Hi, Can you add a message line in the invoice?

Hi @Stephen7! You can add any notes to the 'Notes' section of the invoice. You can also choose to include extra messaging to the invoice footer. :)

• LizardBiggsLizardBiggs Member Posts: 2

Is it possible to disable the automatic reminders after sending an invoice?

Hi @LizardBiggs! Yes, it is possible! You just have to do it directly from the invoice. In your Wave account head to: Sales > Invoices > click the drop down arrow beside the invoice and select 'View'. This will take you to the invoice settings. You can edit reminders to remove any further reminder emails that might be scheduled.

• Stacie123Stacie123 Member Posts: 1

How can I create a date line in the Invoice column settings? There's an overall date for the invoice itself, but I need to be able to enter in dates that each service was delivered for the invoice to be useful. Seems like a pretty standard feature for an invoice, but I can't figure out how to do this. Help!

• ibrahimenterpriseibrahimenterprise Member Posts: 1

I want to add "Delivery Note Number" or any other field in invoice, how can i do it ?

• BelleBelle Member Posts: 1
    Is it possible to customize our own template?
    I would like to group some items together under 1 heading. So what I do now is I create "blank" item and use it under another main item. It looks fine in invoice edit as the item is in one column and description is in another. However when I print the invoices, there is misalignment as my description is misaligned with my qty and amount.
    So it will be better if item and description is in different column and on the same line.
  • fastbikefastbike Member Posts: 4

There appears to be no way to customise the layout of the template - is this possible ?