How to customize your invoices and estimates

1235»

Comments

• BrucernBrucern Member Posts: 5

I cannot CREATE an ESTIMATE. I've tried without any success all your suggestions. I can create a new INVOICE. but cannot do the same for an Estimate. I note there are many asking about this software problem. Please assist me or at least say something is being done. Otherwise, you have an ideal software and I admit, I do enjoy using it.
    Many thanks.
    Brucern

edited November 3, 2020
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Haris_WebDesign

Thanks for this feedback. You're correct when you state that our estimates page has yet to see any major updates in some time! Our team is certainly aware of this and we're hoping to improve this page soon!

Hey @Brucern

Have you tried the following browser troubleshooting?

1. Delete your browser cache and cookies
    2. Ensure you're using something like Chrome or Firefox
    3. Try using a Chrome Incognito window
    4. Try using a different browser entirely

Let us know if you're still having these issues.

Good day Barsin, Thank you for your valued reply. Yes, I tried clearing my browser cache, I rebooted as well, I use Firefox but tried Chrome, But still no joy. Strange though, I can happily create invoices (the more important thing) but not Estimates. So, I'll leave it all to your expert programmers, to sort out that little bug, Thank you again .
    Brucern

Hey @Brucern

We might need a screenshot of your Developer tools console tab when you try to open the estimates page:

What are Developer Tools?
    Sometimes we may need more information to troubleshoot issues in user accounts. Support may request a screenshot with developer tools open in order to get a better look at backend problems and have you back up and running as soon as possible!

How to Open Developer Tools
    Google Chrome
    Select the Chrome Menu at the top-right of your browser window, then select Tools > Developer Tools and click on the Console tab.

Firefox
    From the menu: select "Browser Console" from the Web Developer submenu in the Firefox Menu (or Tools menu if you display the menu bar or are on OS X)
    From the keyboard: press Ctrl+Shift+J (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+J (Mac).

Microsoft Edge
    Press F12 on the keyboard then click on the “Console” tab

Safari
    To open the “Console” panel in Safari’s Web Inspector press Cmd+Opt+C
    Note: In order to view the console in Safari, you have to enable the “Show Develop menu in menu bar” setting in the “Advanced” pane of Safari’s preferences.

• NinoNino Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    when entering the IBAN number in the footer for invoices and estimated and clicking save, the numbers are turned into asterisks. any idea how to fix that?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Nino ! That's odd. Are you copy and pasting the IBAN number into your footer? If so, I suggest trying to enter it manually. If that still doesn't work, I suggest trying some browser troubleshooting steps. Feel free to reach back out if the issue persists.

Hi Barsin,
    I sent you an incomplete Print-screen the other day. I forgot to press "CREATE ESTIMATE"
    Attached is the correct error code you request.
    I hope this will assist you in your quest to resolve this "little issue" . :)
    Brucern

edited November 12, 2020

Hey again @Brucern

Thanks for this screenshot. I will let you know that I've escalated this to our term and I'm awaiting a response. Thanks again.

Hey again @Brucern

Our team has mentioned that they've seen this before with adblockers. Have you tried disabling your browser add-ons and tried again? Give this a shot and if this doesn't work, would you mind if I jumped into your Wave business to try this myself? I'd like to know if this is an account issue or a localized one. Thanks!

• LBDLBD Member Posts: 2

Since this is under invoice customization, is there any way to change options for the Estimate only? Current want is to add the word "estimate" to them.

Hey there @LBD , do you mind clarifying that for me? Are you trying to customize your estimates? If so, under Settings > Invoice Customization you can customize both your invoices and estimates. This includes uploading logos, changing invoice/estimate formats, default headers, footers, etc.

• Fatimah1986Fatimah1986 Member Posts: 1
    My account info was hacked

Hey @Fatimah1986 !

There are several reasons you may not be seeing what you expect to see when you log into Wave. We've listed them in a handy table along with what you can do to fix the issue - you can see that table here!. It looks like the account linked to the email you are reaching out with was just created. Did you create another account instead of signing into your original account by mistake?

For next steps, I suggest reaching out to our support team as soon as possible so one of our agents can assist you with this.

• SergeSerge Member Posts: 3

Any way to add a text in the footer on 2 separate lines?
    Example:
    Thank you for your purchase
    Visit our website @ www...

Instead of: Thanks you for your purchase. Visit our website @ www....

I can do it manually when I add footer but not with the default footer.
    Thx

Hey @Serge !

After double checking on my end, I'm afraid that this isn't possible in the default footer field on the 'Invoice Customization' page at this time. Instead, you will need to split the sentences into 2 separate lines manually as you mentioned. Sorry about this.

• JD87JD87 Member Posts: 2

@Serge said:
    Any way to add a text in the footer on 2 separate lines?
    Example:
    Thank you for your purchase
    Visit our website @ www...

Instead of: Thanks you for your purchase. Visit our website @ www....

I can do it manually when I add footer but not with the default footer.
    Thx

I have this same problem as well. I need to add CC terms but also add another note in regards to where checks can be sent. Having to manually adjust this row everytime I make a new invoice is... not optimal.

• findmyphonefindmyphone Member Posts: 2

Hi, i have this problem "Oops! There was an issue with updating your business information. Please try again." When I edit the profile information, it does not allow me to change the country or city, it throws me this error. how could i solve? thanks.

• findmyphonefindmyphone Member Posts: 2

Hi, i have this problem "Oops! There was an issue with updating your business information. Please try again." When I edit the profile information, it does not allow me to change the country or city, it throws me this error. how could i solve? thanks.

edited March 18, 2021

Hey @findmyphone !

After doing some digging on the back end, it looks like your business is located outside of North America. As you may know, since we are no longer supporting new Wave accounts outside of Canada and the US, this will prevent you from changing your country in your existing Wave account. If you'd like to learn more about this, feel free to check out this Community discussion. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• CourtReporterCourtReporter Member Posts: 1

I want to use my letterhead to print invoices. Do you have a plain template?

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

hi @CourtReporter If by letter head you mean a logo, you can upload your logo onto your Wave invoices by click into the Settings > Invoice Customization page.

We also have a free Invoice Generator where you can use to create invoices without needing to log into your Wave account.

• WildeDesignWildeDesign Member Posts: 1

I'd love to upload my own invoice, or even upload my invoices like I can do with receipts would be super helpful.

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @WildeDesign, you can upload your invoices into Wave using Wave Connect, our Google Sheets add on!

You can copy and paste the information from the invoices into the relevant columns, and once uploaded, Wave will create the invoices for you :smile:

edited May 20, 2021
  • Chandlerc18Chandlerc18 Member Posts: 1

I have been using WaveApps for quite some time and I enjoy the simplicity of the product. Now that my business is expanding I am needing different kinds of invoices and estimates that are required to make everything transparent on my customers end. I want to keep all my previous estimates and invoices as is for the same line items, cost of goods, amounts, items etc. However when I now go to the custom tab to update what I want my future invoices and estimates to look like and say, it changes everything I have previously done, created, and closed. How can I keep these changes separate so that way it doesn't affect previous work?

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hi @Chandlerc18 Happy to hear your business is expanding! As you've already noticed, any edits made under the Settings > Invoice Customization page will reflect on both future and past invoices. There isn't an option to customize future invoices while keeping the already created invoices the same. Perhaps you can download past invoices into PDF files before editing the custom headings for the invoices?

• SoulWraithSoulWraith Member Posts: 1

I am looking for a way to add service requested notes and service notes from technician on my invoices.