RBC Bank Connection in Canada keeps failing

MartyDMartyD Member Posts: 2

Your bank connection used to be extremely good, the new one sucks!

I reconnected my RBC account it works for that one day then stops and says the connection isn't working and forces you to go through putting in the passwords all over again. Only to have the same thing happen the following day.

Wave has now gone from being one of the best tools available to being a real pain.
Please get this sorted.

Comments

• Mermaid_Beauty1Mermaid_Beauty1 Member Posts: 0

Hi there,

I'm trying to upload bank transactions that are only dating back to Oct 1, 2018 but noticed a bunch of transactions missing on wave that were on my bank statement. I tried updating and deleting and re-adding the bank connection but no luck. RBC only allows me to download my statements in PDF format.
    Anyone else having issues or knows how to solve this?
    Thanks!

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Mermaid_Beauty1 I have sent a manual ping to our data provider to see if we can get your transactions to start properly importing into Wave again. Could you please check in the next 24 hours to see whether or not these have imported successfully? If not, one thing to also do is convert your PDF files into CSVs using a software called Tabula (https://tabula.technology/)

• dque2411dque2411 Member Posts: 1

Hello, I am having the same issue. can you help me as well.

• mcleanapmcleanap Member Posts: 2

Same issue here as well - with RBC. It was importing, but I am not seeing my latest transactions from Jan 29 until now.

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @dque2411 and @mcleanap thanks for raising these and sorry for the wait! It's our busiest time, so our team is multitasking even more than usual. I'm going to try the same refresh for your accounts that my teammate refers to above, if you don't see your transactions refresh in the next 24 hours or so, please let us know. It's also helpful to confirm the wording of any error messages, type of account(s), and the login URL where you go to access your online banking. Thank you!

• SonicgeezaSonicgeeza Member Posts: 1

Same here. It seems to me because RBC rotates through 3 questions, but the new integration only asks for one answer. So it works the first time, but then fails on next login which causes RBC to trigger a security question review. Infinite loop. Please fix!!!

• Doug1993Doug1993 Member Posts: 4

I'm also having the same issues...

• Andrew25Andrew25 Member Posts: 6

I am having the same issue. When I try to connect a Royal Bank account it goes into an infinite loop asking security questions. When I exit and next log into my account it asks me to reset the security questions. I am afraid of experimenting further in case I get permanently locked out of my bank

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. Our data aggregator is currently experiencing outages with RBC. They are aware of this and they're working on getting it fixed but we don't have an ETA at the moment.

• RaeRae Member Posts: 1

Importing issues remains unresolved.

• Ash12345Ash12345 Member Posts: 1

When you switched me over to the new banking connection it don't connect well and I have tried to reconnect with my RBC account on a number of Wave accounts. I go to Banking > Connected Accounts> select RBC > enter my bank card number and my password >Hit submit> Says sending Credentials> I get an error "Please try connecting a different account" " There was a problem processing your request. Your account could not be connected at this time" Hit Rest and then get a "This connection is temporarily down ". Not sure what to do this is the same across a number of Wave accounts that have different RBC accounts with. Please help

• Stephen_SSStephen_SS Member Posts: 2

@AlexL said:
    Hi everyone. Our data aggregator is currently experiencing outages with RBC. They are aware of this and they're working on getting it fixed but we don't have an ETA at the moment.

Is there any way we can track progress on this without having to come back here and ask?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Stephen_SS , there's no active progress meter, although if you can connect / your transactions are importing, there has been a fix.

Just to reiterate, our aggregator is aware of the issue connecting to RBC and they're working on a solution. Thanks for your patience!

• Howard ThawHoward Thaw Member Posts: 11

Credit card balances being reported by the "Connected Accounts" [with RBC] are not the actual amount charged to the credit card, they now also include pending transactions (which are yet to be charged). This issue appears to be linked to the switch over of data providers (aggregators) - a switch over that has been the source of no end of issues for RBC clients, since the inception of this "upgrade". It would be helpful if someone with proper authority would exert that influence on the data provider to actually resolve the situation.

• LeighLLeighL Member Posts: 8

Hey @AlexL. When is Wave going to admit the switch to the new data aggregator was a mistake and switch back? Has it been worth the pain and the customers you are losing as a result? Time for management to own up and put it right.

edited February 4, 2020
  • overjinxoverjinx Member Posts: 3

I am having the same problem. It worked the first time (Jan 18th, 2020) but I have not seen any updates and it is now Feb 04th, 2020.

• FabRenoConFabRenoCon Member Posts: 6

I would like to know the status and forecast to resolve this connectivity issue with RBC. No data has been imported since Jan 18th (inclusive) and this is now becoming a big issue for me and my accounting activity. The fact that this issue is nearing the end of the 3rd and no solutions insight is incredibly unacceptable. The lack of this automated connectivity with banks is what many other small business looking for positive productivity.

P.S.: My connections with Simplii and President's Choice are working well.

edited February 5, 2020
  • FabRenoConFabRenoCon Member Posts: 6

I would like to know the status and forecast to resolve this connectivity issue with RBC. No data has been imported since Jan 18th (inclusive) and this is now becoming a big issue for me and my accounting activity. The fact that this issue is nearing the end of the 3rd and no solutions insight is incredibly unacceptable. The lack of this automated connectivity with banks is what many other small business looking for positive productivity.

P.S.: My connections with Simplii and President's Choice are working well.

edited February 5, 2020
  • YatinYatin Member Posts: 2

I'm having the same issue. RBC transactions not updating since 23 Jan and even before them since I went on the new bank connection update a bunch of previous transactions are duplicated. Is there an ETA on this fix?

• YatinYatin Member Posts: 2

When is your RBC connection issue going to be fixed? Transactions not importing for many users and also previous transactions duplicated for all RBC users.

• daniahdaniah Member Posts: 0

I have used Wave for years and never had this issue. None of my RBC accounts have imported transactions since January 21, 2020... it says my accounts are connected, verified and set to auto import... but nothing is importing automatically. Lost on what do to here.

• ThomasSThomasS Member Posts: 1

Same issue here - no transactions are showing up since January 22, 2020.

• poshhardwareshopposhhardwareshop Member Posts: 2

Could someone please give an ETA on when the RBC connection will be fixed? Will it be a few more days? Weeks? Months? It's been over two weeks since transactions imported (for me since Jan 22) and the only replies from Wave on these help boards seem to be that "we're aware of the issue" and "there's no progress meter... when it works it has been fixed". I'd really like to stay with Wave, but it's increasingly difficult to justify waiting for this RBC connection to be fixed when there's no update as to when it will be resolved. Continuing to pass the blame to the "third party data aggregator" is not an acceptable answer either, please take some responsibility for your product and its components.

• RonAlmogRonAlmog Member Posts: 2

i tried everything. disconnected, connected again, since Jan 20, no transactions are being imported. both from my rbc bussines account, and from my credit card.
    any idea? what else can i try?

• RonAlmogRonAlmog Member Posts: 2

same here. RBC, nothing imported since Jan 22 2020.
    i have disconnected, connected again, nothing works. any further ideas?
    seriously, if this thing does not work, then it's not useful.

• JraJra Member Posts: 1

Another RBC client - no imports for me since the middle of January. Please fix so I don't have to enter these manually. Thanks!

• Howard ThawHoward Thaw Member Posts: 11

RBC is once again importing, however all of the transactions are reversed. Debit appear as credits in wave and vice versa. A deposit into an account appears as a withdrawal. Withdrawals from the bank accounts are appearing in wave as deposits. Credit cards are functioning normally.

• NiferNifer Member Posts: 1

I am also experiencing the same problem. My transactions stopped importing on January 23rd. I am hoping to complete my reconciliations soon. Hopefully, there is a fix coming?

• MiyadhMMiyadhM Member Posts: 2

WHEN IS WAVE GOING TO FIX THE IMPORTING OF RBC TRANSACTIONS??? PLEASE PROVIDE US AN UPDATE.

• edtedt Member Posts: 4

My RBC accounts have stopped importing transactions since mid January. I have never experienced a product with such an important feature being down for so long. It's literally nearing 1 full month. Does Wave understand the severity of this issue and how long 1 month means to small business owners? This is honestly getting ridiculous. Wave should seriously give us an ETA on when it will be fixed so we aren't just aimlessly waiting. I am now unable to function properly as a business owner and the lack of customer empathy from this company is absurd to me. If this is not going to be fixed anytime soon, Wave should give us the respect and just tell us so we can move to another product. I encourage anyone who is also having this issue to voice out your concerns.