RBC Bank Connection in Canada keeps failing

Comments

• edtedt Member Posts: 4

@MiyadhM said:
    WHEN IS WAVE GOING TO FIX THE IMPORTING OF RBC TRANSACTIONS??? PLEASE PROVIDE US AN UPDATE.

Your customers want answers Wave. Please give us an ETA.

• calgaryedcalgaryed Member Posts: 1

Doesn't work at all. Says it does, have set up my RBC business account twice now. I think you made a huge mistake switching providers. This is a show stopper, messing up the whole accounting accuracy

• KnightsKnights Member Posts: 5

My RBC transactions are also not importing - says last updated 2 mins ago but no transactions uploaded since Jan 20. I have deleted and re added the bank account multiple times

• David_RDavid_R Member Posts: 1

+1 for the issue reported above for RBC connections, both home and business accounts haven't sync'd since Jan. 08, 2020

• shawnmillinshawnmillin Member Posts: 1

This is ridiculous. How are we supposed to run a business like this? I signed up with Wave BECAUSE it was being promoted by RBC - and now I can't even get my transactions?

Why am I having to dig through the public forum looking for answers? Surely you can tell who has connections to RBC - how about some proactive email explaining the problem and the current time frame?

You guys are doing serious damage to your business. You need to get this straightened out now. We've started looking at alternative solutions for our accounting needs as I expect a lot of your clients are doing right now.

edited February 11, 2020
  • RonAlmogRonAlmog Member Posts: 2

same here.
    after a period of doubling every transactions, now credit card transactions are imported, one each, but bank transactions are totally ignored. this is becoming ridiculous.

• David_autofile_MLDavid_autofile_ML Member Posts: 21
  • edtedt Member Posts: 4

@shawnmillin said:
    Why am I having to dig through the public forum looking for answers? Surely you can tell who has connections to RBC - how about some proactive email explaining the problem and the current time frame?

I agree with this 100% and it's exactly what I told customer support in an email.

As customers, we shouldn't have to second guess ourselves, contact support on our own and research on this community board to find out Wave already knows about this problem and many customers are experiencing the same thing. I really like using Wave, but better communication is needed.

Beyond having this integration issue, the biggest frustration is not knowing what the problem is up front and having to look for answers ourselves.

• spriteguyspriteguy Member Posts: 1

Same boat here. No transactions updated since Janaury. I am with National Bank. I tried adding RBC to connect to Wave as I am switching to RBC, login didn't work. Just goes in circles with my secret answers. Super frustrating. All these changes are NOT better at all. Looking to switch to another service.

edited February 11, 2020
  • LisaHRLisaHR Member Posts: 1

Hi all, my RBC accounts have not been updating - last transaction was Jan 21, 2020. Hoping for a solution soon.

• nadine_123nadine_123 Member Posts: 2

Any idea on when RBC will be updating. This is frustrating. Mine as well since Jan 21 has not updated. Hope there will be a solution soon. Please update us as it looks like there are numerous frustrated users.

• Becky_WBecky_W Member Posts: 2

Would this stuff being down be why my wave payments won't move from the wave payout account to the chequing account? I'm fairly new here and I can't see to figure out if I need to do something to get it to link together?

• Ryan3453245Ryan3453245 Member Posts: 1

This is happening to me as well, with rbc. Transactions stopped January 13th. Tried re-adding, manually specified date to import from. Nothing. The old system was slow, yes, but it worked at least.

• AndyReynoldsAndyReynolds Member Posts: 7

Some of my recent RBC Visa transactions have now imported, but not the ones posted between Jan 21 and Feb 4. And nothing from the chequing account since Jan 21st.
    Compounding this, I now find that some emailed receipts never make it to the processing queue, even though they are sent from the correct address.
    The problem being, I don't know which receipts are disappearing, and I don't know which transactions are not being imported from the bank. Transaction matching functionality was already sketchy, now it's pointless.
    It's not meant to be this hard!

• EriczEricz Member Posts: 3

Same here. I have 3 different rbc accounts connected to Wave but one of those hasn't been imported any transactions since Jan. 9th. The balance is still showing the correct number and the last updated time is also showing like "8 hours ago", but no transactions...

• KD225KD225 Member Posts: 1

Same issue for me, my RBC transactions last updated on January 7, 2020. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the account with no result

• Dr_Beetroot1Dr_Beetroot1 Member Posts: 2

Same problem with RBC transactions since Jan 18, 2020. Who will address this issue?

• SadatSadat Member Posts: 8

Please update us about RBC transaction situation. It's Feb 19th and so far only answers I found on the wave forum is "wave is working on a solution without an eta". Are there any new updates for the fix? If not then I have to start the manual process...

• BruceR_99BruceR_99 Member Posts: 1

I've been having the same problem RBC transaction with 2 separate companies in Wave since Jan 15th. Tech support has not been able to resolve the problem and hasn't given a time frame for resolution. Very disappointed with the effectiveness and communication of tech support. They need to come clean and tell the user community what is really going on.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, at this time the RBC connection is still being worked on for transaction imports. I'm sorry we have not been able to provide a fix yet. Our data aggregator is working with RBC to resolve the issue, but are unable to provide an ETA to us. In the meantime, Wave Connect is a great alternative for getting transactional data into Wave. We will be sure to reach out here when our data aggregator has released the fix.

Hey @Becky_W! Transaction imports for accounting are separate to payout for Wave payments. If you have an RBC account connected to receive deposits into, this will still work as it is a different type of connection!

• ShakerhillShakerhill Member Posts: 0

In addition to some issues where Wave was importing debits as credits and vice-versa I am now finding that the import is only selective - not all transactions are being imported. This has happened since the new provider took over.

• RocRoc Member Posts: 7

Is it possible to get in-app, or emailed updates about the RBC account status?
    I understand that the new bank connection provider doesn't work with RBC, but I would like to receive weekly updates about the status of this problem. I am getting a bit tired of having to search around through posts in the help forums to see if anyone has gotten any new info every week. Honestly not loving the lack of communication on this significant disruption to regular service. :neutral:

• LeticiaVelascoLeticiaVelasco Member Posts: 1

my account transactions are not up to date why?

• TrevorToddTrevorTodd Member Posts: 1

Still no luck with RBC since January 29th. What's going on?

• GrahamWoodsandWavesGrahamWoodsandWaves Member Posts: 2

RBC customer and also nothing has imported from my checking and savings account since mid Jan, however my credit card is importing. I have spoken to support on a number of occasions and have been told that this is a "Wave wide problem" and that I would receive an update but I have not, has anyone heard anything from Wave?

• Treasurer_DPOMTreasurer_DPOM Member Posts: 1

any updates on the timing of the RBC connection being fixed?

• CVM_ConsultantsCVM_Consultants Member Posts: 1

Please provide an update. Like others, outage since January for chequing acct, although credit card was updating. Worked briefly in February, although deposits/withdrawals were reversed. Now nothing, either credit card or chequing.
    Please develop a communication tool so that affected clients can stay up to date on your progress fixing this bug. Technical problems happen, but the lack of information about this is now disrespectful. Why shouldn't we switch to another platform that works?

• SSLSSL Member Posts: 4

@CVM_Consultants said:
    Why shouldn't we switch to another platform that works?<

I guess because it is FREE software. Nonetheless, updates would be nice ... instead of constantly asking them if the problem has been resolved or not.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone!

Happy to let you know that we've got a fix! Your RBC connections should resume shortly, if they haven't already! Thank you so much for your patience as we worked this all out. I'm glad we could finally get some good news in this thread.

cc: @SSL @CVM_Consultants @Treasurer_DPOM @GrahamWoodsandWaves @TrevorTodd @LeticiaVelasco @Roc @Shakerhill

• SSLSSL Member Posts: 4

@ConnorM said:
    Hey everyone!

Happy to let you know that we've got a fix! Your RBC connections should resume shortly, if they haven't already! Thank you so much for your patience as we worked this all out. I'm glad we could finally get some good news in this thread.

cc: @SSL @CVM_Consultants @Treasurer_DPOM @GrahamWoodsandWaves @TrevorTodd @LeticiaVelasco @Roc @Shakerhill

Thanks for the update. Very much appreciated. Can you tell me if we will be able to sit and just let it do its things once the fix is applied to our accounts? Or, will we need to do some manual importing?