RBC Bank Connection in Canada keeps failing

Comments

• yroyro Member Posts: 4

@Selenanjegovan said:
    Is this still not fixed? I'm unable to connect to my RBC account

Same problem. Suddenly from today, just for my business account. No issues with my personal one.
    I thought this was a RBC issue since it also happened with another service provider, but I called RBC and they had no idea about this.

• Howard ThawHoward Thaw Member Posts: 11

RBC business (accounts in Canada) was working fine for a period of time. It appears to have been offline since October 1, 2020 - perhaps due to changes in the RBC interface.

Can someone please notify the data provider and open a trouble ticket for investigation?

• GregCGregC Member Posts: 5

Hi I'd like to report the same problem. RBC was working for a while, but since September 25th, 2020, my connection has been down.

• fakenoobfakenoob Member Posts: 17

Same here, RBC Business banking transactions not importing since September 28th .

• fasteddyktmfasteddyktm Member Posts: 3

Same here as well, RBC Business banking transactions not importing. Anyone looking into this?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey folks!

We wanted to let you know that RBC is currently experiencing widespread connectivity issues that prevents users from establishing an initial connection and importing transactions into Wave. That said, our data aggregator is already aware of the issue and is working to get that resolved as soon as possible with RBC.

Right now, we don’t have an ETA on the fix yet, but we’re hoping to see this working again soon. Once it’s up, you should be able to connect any new RBC accounts and should see your transactions start importing automatically. I understand you may need your transactions in Wave more urgently, however, so we do have a couple alternative options for you in the meantime so you don’t need to create these manually.

If you have months of transactions to upload, I recommend uploading bank statements from Accounting > Transactions using the More button in the top-right corner. You can find a list of supported file types in the tool itself. Check this article for more details.

You can also try using Wave Connect, our free Google Sheets add-on made for importing and exporting your accounting data. You can find a complete guide for how to get started with that here.

I know this isn’t the answer you were looking to hear, but I wanted to let you know the situation so you’d know what to expect. Thanks in advance for your patience during this time while we work with our data aggregator to get this back up and running.

Not able to connect to RBC after September 28th. it used to work before bu tnow i am not able to connect. Says user ID and password wrong. i can login to RBC using the same credentials.

edited December 28, 2020

screenshot

• DarkCanuckDarkCanuck Member Posts: 2

I'm getting the same error, can't connect to RBC.

• RocRoc Member Posts: 7

I am not getting that error but my RBC transactions have only updated once since September 24th. Today I have this note on my Connected Accounts page: "We can’t import transactions from this financial institution right now. Learn more about why this can happen." When I click the provided link it brings me to a closed discussion thread about RBC not being supported by the new aggregator back in Feb/March 2020.

• Stephen_KinnairdStephen_Kinnaird Member Posts: 2

I am having the same issue. It happened before in early Sept when the transactions just stopped syncing and support advised deleting the connection and re-adding it back in, it worked that time. This time nothing, I get the same wrong credential message even though I know they are correct. Wave support said it's a third party that handles the connection to the bank and is out of there control.

• Stephen_KinnairdStephen_Kinnaird Member Posts: 2

@Stephen_Kinnaird said:
    There's another thread on this issue and they are working on it.

https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/6751/rbc-bank-connection-in-canada-keeps-failing/p3

Thanks will follow that thread. Btw mint is able to connect to rbc. I had similar issue with mint but it was fixed in 2 days. Not sure why Plaid is slow.

• KnightsKnights Member Posts: 5

Is there another issue with the RBC connection? No transactions have updated since Sept 28th

• Liam_TLiam_T Member Posts: 6

Yes,.. I tried to relink mine and apparently RBC has changed something...

• Jen_ChristieJen_Christie Member Posts: 2

I am also having this issue.

• thoseguysthoseguys Member Posts: 6

This is frustrating as the supposed partnership should be a faster turnaround on service disruptions, I am hoping this is not a major glitch that has caused information to be lost or worse....shared.

• thoseguysthoseguys Member Posts: 6

Are we any closer to this solution? My daily list is piling up and importing is time consuming which I do not have much of during this time of season.

No problem with Mint.com connecting to RBC. It is clearly a PLAID issue.

• DarkCanuckDarkCanuck Member Posts: 2

Any update @Barsin ?

• KrazyKimKrazyKim Member Posts: 1

I have been trying to connect my new account for months now. A few weeks ago the customer service agent told me there was an issue with connections and to check back in a week. I am a new user and I still can't connect my RBC Business account. Is this going to be rectified anytime soon? As much as I like using Wave, if I can't connect it to my bank, I will have to switch my accounting software. Can someone advise when this will actually be fixed? It is not even giving RBC as an option of banks to pick when trying to connect a new account.

• dontdont Member Posts: 1

any updates on this one? this is killing me with my year end coming up. doing this manually isn't something i'm looking forward to doing. need a timeline update here.

• KnightsKnights Member Posts: 5

It would be appreciated if someone from Wave could comment?

• Mike905Mike905 Member Posts: 1

If Wave can't integrate with the largest bank in Canada they've done us all a great favor by showing everyone that they are not a serious company.

Can anyone recommend a similar Finance product/service that works as advertised? Thanks.

• motoramblermotorambler Member Posts: 53 ✭✭

Same here. September 23rd is the last RBC transaction (from any RBC Canada account) auto imported for me.

I think I'll have no choice but to do what I had to do with my wife's Wave account -- disable auto import for all her accounts (3 different financial institutions) and go back to uploading csv files.

Wave's auto import feature has been the major problem we've faced since using Wave (4 or 5 years ago) and this is even more problematic now since Wave removed the manual update feature. As we can see, nothing has much changed today.

edited October 16, 2020
  • GeonistaGeonista Member Posts: 1

Wave stopped updating my RBC and Tangerine transactions since September 28, 2020. I tried to reconnect my accounts but there's no updating. Is there an answer to this problem?

edited October 26, 2020
  • Lisa1117Lisa1117 Member Posts: 2

I've had no updates since Sept. 22nd. I am losing my patience. I honestly don't know why it would take a month to fix this issue. It's ridiculous.

• motoramblermotorambler Member Posts: 53 ✭✭

@Lisa1117 said:
    I've had no updates since Sept. 22nd. I am losing my patience. I honestly don't know why it would take a month to fix this issue. It's ridiculous.

About the same time it takes to get an email response -- not good. On the flip side, it's (mostly) free software so I guess we have to keep our expectations in check.

I've said it before & I'll say it again -- their current business model isn't working. I'd pay $10/month if Wave got it's act together and addressed user feedback going back many years:

• Fixed bank connections once & for all -- no excuse for major banks to not work.
    • Allow us to manually update bank connections.
    • Purchase Orders. Show me a business that buys & sells widgets that doesn't use PO's or doesn't deal with vendors/customers that use PO's.
    • True multi-currency implementation including reconciling invoices in foreign currencies.
    • Other stuff I and others have asked for but fell on deaf ears that I can't remember at the moment.
    edited October 19, 2020
  • geordiedrummageordiedrumma Member Posts: 18

Hi @Barsin , are there any updates on this issue? It is becoming extremely frustrating.

Thanks.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, no updates at the moment. If you're new to the thread and need a better understanding of the situation, please view Barsin's post from October 13th on page 3.

We encourage you to keep uploading transactions via our Google Sheets integration called Wave Connect which will allow you to continue the upkeep of your bookkeeping until the connection is fixed.