RBC Bank Connection in Canada keeps failing

Comments

• rwagner75rwagner75 Member Posts: 4

I'm seeing NO response to these. We are having same problem with Scotia now ...in Nov 2020..no updates for 20 days now. Anybody know what's going on? Was there a fix back in Feb?

• geordiedrummageordiedrumma Member Posts: 18

@rwagner75 said:
    I'm seeing NO response to these. We are having same problem with Scotia now ...in Nov 2020..no updates for 20 days now. Anybody know what's going on? Was there a fix back in Feb?

For RBC they told us there was a fix last month but seems as though it only worked for a week. Since then nobody has responded to enquiries on here. I created a Ticket through Wave over a week ago and nobody has responded to me at all. Seems like customer service and support has shut down.

• ZahonaZahona Member Posts: 2

I'm having the same problem. Tried to reconnect my RBC account but now I have that message : RBC has made a change that prevents you from connecting your accounts" Then asking me to contact RBC. Which, obviously, makes no sense.

I'm just wondering it's even fixable.. Or might be time to find a new software. Any ideas ?

I got an email response from a ticket I created last month saying that the issue was resolved and to delete my bank connection and re-connect it. I deleted the connection but now I can't re-connect and I get the same message as @Zahona . It's just the most frustrating thing to do my accounts now. Looking at other options.

• ZahonaZahona Member Posts: 2

Quick update for me. RBC connection still not working and no answer from Wave support. It's been more than a week. @geordiedrumma to be honest I'll finish the year with Wave and move on with another software. I'm already looking for alternatives. I've wasted too much time already here.

• caitcait Member Posts: 3

my last transactions from rbc (cc and chequing accts) is nov 18...
    no error messages

has anyone had luck with the google sheets integration? i have to do so much manual correcting afterwards...

i was hoping 2020 accounting would be smooth

• FMMPUFMMPU Member Posts: 1

It's frustrating to have to keep doing it, but the Google integration is working for me and is quicker than putting in each transaction individually.

@cait @FMMPU I've been downloading as a quickbooks file directly from the RBC website and it's pretty seamless other than having to manually tagging the transactions.

• a_iantornoa_iantorno Member Posts: 5

I still can not connect to my Business or Personal RBC accounts.

What is going on with Connecting to RBC accounts? Will this ever be resolved??

Anyone have any updates? Last I heard this was a "temporary" problem, but it's looking more and more permanent. Really frustrating.

• Liam_TLiam_T Member Posts: 6

Any news on this? It seems our business accounts update no problem, but the personal ones haven't since October!

• thoseguysthoseguys Member Posts: 6

RBC cc transactions are not downloading as of nov 30, all other accounts are ok.

edited December 16, 2020
  • fakenoobfakenoob Member Posts: 17

@thoseguys it is not working for chequing accounts for me. no transactions import since Dec 2nd.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. Although the majority of RBC issues that we were previously having are now fixed, there are a subset of users who are still seeing issues. These issues can be escalated to our data aggregator to figure out why you're still being affected, but we do need you to submit a ticket to our Support team to get these looked at on an individual basis.

In the meantime, feel free to use our Google sheets integration called Wave Connect to get your transactions into Wave.

Hi @AlexL , I submitted a ticket 2 weeks ago but was told that it was just a temporary issue and would be fixed shortly, and there was nothing else to be done. I try to connect my accounts every day but get the same "Connection Down" error message every time. Is there something specific I should mention in the ticket? Thanks

• JRH2020JRH2020 Member Posts: 0

Is there going to be a resolution to connect Wave with RBC?

@AlexL said:
    Hi everyone. Although the majority of RBC issues that we were previously having are now fixed, there are a subset of users who are still seeing issues. These issues can be escalated to our data aggregator to figure out why you're still being affected, but we do need you to submit a ticket to our Support team to get these looked at on an individual basis.

In the meantime, feel free to use our Google sheets integration called Wave Connect to get your transactions into Wave.

The issue hasn't been fixed for me. no transactions are imported since Dec 2nd. Also your google sheet workaround is more work . its no good.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @geordiedrumma , I'm afraid not. If that's what our Support team told you then that's the information we're getting from our third party data aggregator. Fingers crossed that this issue is solved soon.

have you guys considered using YODLEE instead of PLAID... Plaid has created a lot of issues for your customers

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @fakenoob !

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Plaid. Wave used to use Yodlee as our data aggregator in the past but we made the switch at the beginning of 2020 when we decided to narrow our focus to North America, specifically the US and Canada. For more information about this decision feel free to check out the links below:

If you have issues with your bank connection(s), feel free to submit a ticket request so one of our support agents can assist you.

edited December 31, 2020
  • Stephen_SSStephen_SS Member Posts: 2

It seems to be (finally) fixed for me. I got an email and did the reconnection late yesterday.

edited January 4, 2021

@JulianP said:
    Hey @fakenoob !

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Plaid. Wave used to use Yodlee as our data aggregator in the past but we made the switch at the beginning of 2020 when we decided to narrow our focus to North America, specifically the US and Canada. For more information about this decision feel free to check out the links below:

If you have issues with your bank connection(s), feel free to submit a ticket request so one of our support agents can assist you.

i did submit a ticket and the response is nothing different from what has been discussed here. Wave says it's a PLAID issue and can't investigate with them or provide an ETA. i removed the bank connection and tried additing it but now PLAID is not able to establish a connection for my RBC business account.

This is frustating that an accounting automation software like Wave is at the mercy of a third party to take care of the bank connections and the third party can't connect to the biggest bank in Canada.

the workaround is not efficient because it is as manual as maintaining general ledger in excel or any offline accounting software.

a competitor, Mint (from Intuit Quickbooks), is able to connect to RBC business account. i dont know what they are using if not PLAID.

also, Wave CAN connect to personal RBC account of mine but not the business one.

Looks like RBC has stopped being able to sync again. This is getting really frustrating. Every time I upload a statement I have to go through hundreds of duplicate transactions. Will there ever be a permanent solution to this?

• JaredTJaredT Member Posts: 1

I called RBC today to see how to connect, and after being on hold for some time was advised that RBC is no longer partnering with Wave.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @geordiedrumma !

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing consistent RBC connection issues for automatic transaction imports. For full transparency, RBC has had major issues with their bank connection integration with Plaid (our third party data aggregator) since the beginning of 2020. They finally issued a fix before the new year but some users continued to report issues. After taking a closer look on the back end, I can confirm that the connection is not stable at the moment I'm afraid. Here is a screenshot for reference:

Typically what happens is that your bank may make some major updates to their website or their back end API. When this happens, our third party banking aggregator loses the connection and may need to establish a new one. You can imagine with thousands of banks making these updates our third party aggregator has a bit of a difficult time keeping up.

We have already sent the institution the need for an update, and are waiting on this to be fixed. At this present time I apologize I don't have an ETA for when that will be, but you should know that both parties are working diligently to get this connection sorted out. Thanks so much for your patience.

Hey @JaredT !

It sounds like you are referring to our RBC Payroll integration which has been discontinued as of January 12th, 2021. Wave uses a third party data aggregator, Plaid for automatic transaction imports. Wave doesn't partner with banks and other financial institutions directly.

edited March 2, 2021
  • motoramblermotorambler Member Posts: 53 ✭✭

@geordiedrumma said:
    Just wondering if anyone else is still experiencing problems or if it's only me? @JulianP any news?

Nope, it's still not working after what, more than FIVE MONTHS??? It's only the country's biggest bank we're dealing with here, so no big deal, right?

I hope you've had better success than me.

@JaredT said:
    I called RBC today to see how to connect, and after being on hold for some time was advised that RBC is no longer partnering with Wave.

Can you be more specific and elaborate a little bit? I am really interested.

My bookkeeper has pressured me a few times to dump Wave because most times she goes to clean up my accounting there's no transactions to see.

I guess Wave isn't free at all if I factor the cost of my time spent emailing tech support or searching these forums looking for answers.

@JulianP said:

If your bank connection isn't importing your transactions, you can try removing the connection completely within the Banking > Connected Accounts page, and then re-adding the connection again. Removing the connection will not delete any previously imported data. This might do the trick.

Also, when reconnecting your bank, please select a specific date to resume transaction imports to prevent duplicates in your account.

If the issue persists after reconnecting your RBC account, please feel free to send us an e-mail at anytime so one of our support agents can assist you.

If you had tried deleting/re-adding a bank connection before you made your post you would've seen it doesn't work.

• RachelinTORachelinTO Member Posts: 1

My RBC account did not work for months, then briefly worked, and although it appears to be connected, stop downloading transactions months ago. Deleting and reconnecting doesn't resolve it. I am so frustrated I am thinking about switching to Quickbooks. Is there any solution in site???

• ChristineGChristineG Member Posts: 1

I just stared using Wave and thought it was great...at first. I'm with RBC and it will not stay connected or download my transactions anymore. I would love to continue using this program. Is anyone going to fix the RBC issue or should we find another program to use?