RBC Bank Connection in Canada keeps failing

123457»

Comments

• BuilderJeffBuilderJeff Member Posts: 8

I can't use the bank connection if I enable 2 factor authentication. Wave keeps trying to update my banking info at all hours and I can't authorize the 2 factor in the middle of the night so I end up getting messages that someone tried to access my account at 3:13am etc.

Is there any plan to enable this with wave? I feel like there are so many threats to online security these days that we can't be too careful and I'd like to have the 2FA in place if at all possible.

• larsblarsb Member Posts: 1

EDIT: It worked for a few hours and then disconnected again :neutral: , please fix this issue Wave

I was having this issue and I just fixed it. If anyone is having the issue where they connect Wave/Plaid to RBC successfully at first but it keeps disconnecting shortly after, the following was the fix for me.

I think the issue was related to Plaid not being able to answer my RBC security questions properly which triggered an account lock on RBC's end and not allowing my transactions to sync. I simply changed my security questions on my newly opened RBC account and now Wave is properly syncing with my bank accounts!

edited January 9, 2022
  • fakenoobfakenoob Member Posts: 17

anybody else getting this error . transactions haven't been imported since a week.

This financial institution is not importing transactions because an unsupported multi-factor authentication (MFA) is enabled.

• St_ChristophersSt_Christophers Member Posts: 2

I'm just trying to newly connect Wave to an RBC bank account and it is not working with the same issues described above.
    Has this ever been fixed since reported back in February of 2020??

• steadythighssteadythighs Member Posts: 1

I also just joined Wave and am facing this issue immediately. The issue has even gone down in history on Wave's Wikipedia page so I guess moving on to another software might be the only fix at this point...

• SummerSummer Member Posts: 4

Same issues with Chase Bank. Connection keep disconnecting. I reconnect and it doesn't import anything then disconnects again.

• RocktherentalRocktherental Member Posts: 1

Same issue with RBC, i have sent a ticket, please help, can connect but no transactions imported

• allieallie Member Posts: 1

We lost our connection to RBC on January 13, 2022. After attempts to refresh (no refresh button avail), we disconnected the accounts and now we can't even reconnect. it says to try again "later" or connect a different account....

• OTSolExPartnersOTSolExPartners Member Posts: 1

Has there been any support here from Wave? I'm brand new to this application and have tried to connect to my RBC Canada account for the last 3 days. It looks like this has been an issue for over 3 years and hasn't been resolved. Wave Support, if this isn't going to be supported just let us know. Does anyone know of alternatives to Wave that support integration to Canadian banking?