Sending Invoices to multiple emails

MarkSmithR9009MarkSmithR9009 Member Posts: 2

Hi

Is it possible to send one invoice to several different email addresses at the same time, via the iPhone app? I have a new customer that requires a copy of all invoices be sent to other departments. Is it possible to set this up within the customer tab, so it happens automatically every time?

Thanks.

Mark

Comments

• Kevin KochKevin Koch Member Posts: 2

So, I love Wave, but it definitely lacks some pretty simple features...

1) Multiple emails for customers. I have quite a few customers who have their invoices sent to different email addresses than their main contact email. I also have customers who request invoices to be sent to multiple addresses. I know I can add additional addresses when sending invoices, but it would be great to be able to store these additional addresses under the customer info. Anyone got a workaround/solution?

2) Tax exempt customers. I've got plenty of customers that are tax exempt. For now, I've just created a 0% tax that I apply to the invoice, but I first need to actually remember that a particular customer is tax exempt, and then after I apply my 0% tax, while it does remove the tax, it doesn't track tax exempt sales by customer. The latter isn't THAT big of a deal, but I'd like to be able to mark a customer as tax exempt so I don't always have to remember and they automatically come up with the proper tax applied. Anyone got a workaround/solution?

3) Ability to put a job/project number on invoices. I can't put this in the PO section because a lot of my customers do use POs. Ideally I'd like to just be able to add a job number after the invoice number (for example, 206-17075:invoice number-job number), and I thought that would work, but I found out that if I do that, then the number Wave gives to the next invoice will be based off the job number, not the invoice number, and I would end up with a bunch of invoices with the same number.

4) General customer notes. It sure would be great to have a spot to add simple notes in a customer's listing.

I do love Wave, but as my business grows these simple things are going to make or break my use of Wave. I feel like Quickbooks is WAY too complex for my needs, but it does have the relatively simple features I mentioned above. Any input is appreciated!

edited August 31, 2018
  • CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi Kevin, thanks so much for your feedback. We appreciate it, and customer feedback is an important consideration when our Product Team buildsour roadmap, but we're unable to implement features on request or to promise that something specific will be possible in the future.

For additional details you need to include on invoices, you might use the notes/memo field.

Thank you again for taking the time to explain each of these.

• Timothy PoplaskiTimothy Poplaski Member Posts: 6

With Office365 as long as you have at least 1 active user ($5/mo) you can have as many distribution lists and shared mailboxes as you like. Both lists and shared mailboxes can have public email addresses.

You could create a distribution list for your multiple destination invoices, and then set the public email address of the distribution list as the destination in Wave. Office365 would then handle duplicating and resending emails to everyone in the list.

You could also set up a shared mailbox to receive the CC of any invoices you send. Attach a PDF, and you've got an automatic outside archive of all invoices sent using Wave. If you're using Outlook the program, shared mailboxes are synchronized, so you can then easily resend, forward, etc. the invoice emails within the program.

You could do the same thing with Gmail filters and multiple gmail accounts. I'd be surprised if there weren't similar workarounds available with Google Apps and other free/paid services as well.

• PyayTheinPyayThein Member Posts: 4

I don't know how to add multiple email in customer's account. Space or ";" or "," or how? Please answer me something.

• James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Hey Pyay,

It's only possible to add one email address to a customer profile, but you can send invoices to multiple email addresses by clicking on the green "+" sign to the right of your customer's email in the "Send Invoice" window.

• abajanabajan Member Posts: 10

RE: 4) General Customer Notes I too would like there to be a field where notes about the customer could be added.

edited January 15, 2018
  • PyayTheinPyayThein Member Posts: 4

OK I understand now. Thanks James Hudson.

• pikepike Member Posts: 1

I'm looking for the same info. Doesn't need to be on the app for me, just on the web.

• MinksMinks Member Posts: 1

My default footer and standard memo at the bottom of the estimate is quite lengthy. When saving the estimate it gets cut off. Is there a way to make the default font size smaller, or for the cut off text to run over to a second page?

• YelenaYelena Member Posts: 3

Is there a way to save multiple email addresses for a customer. It does not allow me to separate the emails by a (;) when saving

edited January 4, 2021
  • SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi @MarkSmithR9009 @pike currently we don't have the functionality to save multiple email addresses per customer, but you can always add additional addresses by using the plus sign in the "send invoice" pop-up to add up to 10 more email addresses :)

• VGTechVGTech Member Posts: 1

Is this facility planned?

• BillRBillR Member Posts: 1

Any way to add more than one shipping address to customer file? This would enable a drop down selection when creating invoices and ship to

Thanks
    Bill

edited August 31, 2018
  • ElmariElmari Member Posts: 0

Hi, is there a short-cut to create invoices for say 100 customers? Or do I have to do the invoicing one by one? The invoices are exactly the same, except for the name of each customer.

edited October 23, 2019
  • AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @BillR.

No, that isn't currently possible in Wave. I'd recommend just having separate instances of the same client (maybe add the location in the name, so it would say "Client Name - Downtown") instead. It'll keep your client's locations tracked without a ton of extra work.

Hi @Elmari.

There isn't such a shortcut, but you can duplicate an draft 100 times and edit the clients individually after the fact. You just have to click on the arrow on the right of that draft and choose Duplicate, and repeat that process until you have enough invoices.

• BillRBillR Member Posts: 1

Would that not create multiple statements for the same customer? Would be nice to have the feature added some time down the road. Thanks for response

• ManiMani Member Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

You're right @BillR, that would create multiple statements. We value your feedback. Are there any other details you could share with us so we can learn more about your need? When and why do you end up with customers or clients with multiple shipping addresses? How do you sell to them and interact with them? How does this end up impacting your bookkeeping? With this type of information, other users can learn from your experience, and we can tailor future software to better serve you.

• ycpangycpang Member Posts: 2

I strongly agree with this especially when it can be done for both new and recurring invoices. Most of the time, secondary email play a very important role in invoicing because recipient can receive the invoice if it doesn't reach them via primary email address. Or it would be even better if there can be add for secondary billing contact person.

Hi @Yelena.

This isn't possible in Wave, but you can add other emails when you send out an invoice. It does, however, have to be done manually each time.

If you'd like to make a feature request for this, you can do so under the Wave Features category. Make sure to follow the guidelines presented here when you do.

• cliveroberts1cliveroberts1 Member Posts: 1

I have a similar problem in reverse. I print our restaurant invoices on A5 but would like to increase the size of the font. does anyone know if that is possible.

Thank you, @VGTech and @ycpang, for adding your voices to this thread.

We can clearly see that there's a fair bit of demand for this feature. Although it isn't something that you can currently do on Wave, know that feedback from our users has a significant role in how we choose which features to build for Wave.

Can you tell us specific and concrete examples of how you would a feature like this one? It'll give us a better idea of your needs.

• leemarquisleemarquis Member Posts: 6

I really need to have multiple addresses per customer as well so that when I generate an invoice it automatically sends it to both addresses. For example, many of my customers want their invoice sent to them as well as to their 'accounts person' so that they can see the invoice come in and also so they know their accounts dept has a copy to act on. It is very frustrating to have to look up the extra email address for each customer for each invoice and manually add each time!

• YoavYoav Member Posts: 2

+1. Would be really great to add multiple addresses to a customer's account info such that all future invoices would be sent to all addresses. I have the exact same scenario as @leemarquis - client would like accounts payable to be CCed on all invoices.

• chaijxiongchaijxiong Member Posts: 2

For my business, I'm required to email to the manager and invoice/billing department. I have to export to PDF and email via Hotmail. This should be a default feature since all email applications have that ability.

• RobSmithLDRobSmithLD Member Posts: 2

+1 Multiple people need to receive the same invoice in order for payment to be processed by some clients.

• HighSeasHighSeas Member Posts: 1

I also need to send my invoices to multiple people and it would be very handy if you could save two email addresses for a customer and it would automatically send to both. Thank you.

• BrettBrett Member Posts: 4

I see multiple threads asking for multiple email addresses. Is this at least on the roadmap? If I'm sending out 30 invoices and 8 of them need to go to multiple individuals, there is no way to automate this, correct? Every month I would have to, click the PLUS sign and put in each email address for each customer, correct? Ideally this would be part of the recurring invoices feature (and customer).

• BrettBrett Member Posts: 4

+1 for multiple recipients. Quickbooks has Wave on this one. CC in QB and kinda necessary in Wave to improve usefulness. Any status?

Hi @Brett.

Thank you for your feedback. You can send invoices to multiple recipients, you just need to add the email in manually as a CC when you send out the invoice. So while it isn't possible to link multiple emails to one customer, it's still possible to do this in Wave.

While I can't promise that this feature will be built, I can tell you that we do really value your feedback. It has a real impact on how we choose what we do next with Wave, so thank you again.