Sending Invoices to multiple emails

Comments

• Quentin_HarleyQuentin_Harley Member Posts: 2

Here is another vote for multiple email addresses per client.
    The easiest implementation would be to accept the following format:
    email1@provider.com;email2@provider.com;email3@provider.com

This should be an easy parse job. I am certain your programmers can sort this out in a jiffy.

• DaKineDaKine Member Posts: 1

@Admin -- Is there any update on an ETA for this feature?

p.s. Seem like this should be a relatively simple fix. Add the ability to additional "Contact" fields in the Customer profile (name/email), and the ability to mark them with a tick-box for "invoicing". If they are marked as "invoicing" then you know to add that email to the invoice email distribution.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, no updates at the moment for this I'm afraid. Thanks for your continued feedback on the feature idea though!

• jo1216jo1216 Member Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

Many of us have customers to who we need to send invoice with people in CC.

How can we do that from Wave ?

If not, where can we request features ?

edited January 4, 2021
  • OliverOliver Member Posts: 3

+1

Will it help if I say pretty please?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @jo1216

You can add multiple email addresses to your invoice if you like:

Or if you'd like to CC folks, you can always download the invoice to via PDF downloader and attach it to an invoice:

Lastly you have the ability to send from your Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo account within Wave!

• jo1216jo1216 Member Posts: 1

HI,

Thanks for the reply but I would like to be able to have 1 customers with 2 or 3 emails registered as for many companies you have to share your invoice with finance@ person@, owner@,...

Any chance we could see that in an update ?

• sagetechsagetech Member Posts: 2

+1. Please!

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @jo1216! At present, this is not something that the Wave developers are prioritizing, as far as having one customer profile with multiple emails within it. This isn't to say that this will absolutely never happen within Wave, but it could be a very long time until this is something that is implemented.

• DaveK_40DaveK_40 Member Posts: 1

Its ridiculous that we can only enter one email per customer. I understand we can add one when actually sending an invoice but I have to manually enter every time. I have multiple customers who request invoices copied to a bookkeeper or assistant. Isn't this software supposed to save time and make processing easier? I run payroll and credit cards for years with 1000's of invoices making you guys good money; maybe you should readdress your priorities.

• MarjMarj Member Posts: 7

Pretty pretty please!

• MamdouhtMamdouht Member Posts: 1
    +1 pretty ^3 please :)
    It’s been two years & your beloved customers are still waiting!

Specially in this epidemic! You don’t want us to go out to deliver copies of the invoices!
  • JessGJessG Member Posts: 54 admin

@Mamdouht @Marj @sagetech @Oliver Thank you so much for sending your +1!

Great point made about the more current state of things @Mamdouht !

As previously pointed out by @EmmaP , a good workaround would be to CC emails for clients with multiple addresses, when sending out an invoice.

See screenshot below for reference:

Your feedback is so valuable in the process of our product development. If you have any other details as to how this would help your everyday process, would love to hear them out!

• sagetechsagetech Member Posts: 2

@JessG said:
    @Mamdouht @Marj @sagetech @Oliver Thank you so much for sending your +1!

Great point made about the more current state of things @Mamdouht !

As previously pointed out by @EmmaP , a good workaround would be to CC emails for clients with multiple addresses, when sending out an invoice.

The problem is, while that feature absolutely works to send the invoices to multiple people, it doesn't actually CC them. It sends completely different emails to all of the recipients. My customers look at the To: and CC: list.... don't see anyone else, and assume I forgot to do what they asked me to do. Makes me look bad.

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@sagetech Thanks for that insight! You are correct as the emails are sent out individually and are not like a CC on an email - our mistake!
    We do not have a CC workaround at this time, I'm afraid. However, we appreciate your investment into Wave and our invoicing product. Even as Wave continues to grow, our core products are what make up the heart of Wave and these discussions will help our Product team continue their advancements on products our users love!

• CraigSolidCraigSolid Member Posts: 1

Agreed - this seems like it would be an easy (and quick) fix. Is there a work-around? That is, when entering info into the "email" line of the customer profile, can we enter it in such a way that when it inserts it will appropriately recognize it as multiple emails? e.g., "email1@org.org; email2@org.org" or something?

Hey there @CraigSolid

Unfortunately I don't believe that our system would allow for this to be honest! But if anyone has any workarounds we would happily take any suggestions!

• flyboyflyboy Member Posts: 1

I see administrators commenting that our feedback is valued and thanks for the feedback. Doesn't mean squat if nothing gets done. This "multiple email address" thread has been going on for over 2 years now!!!! You guys want to be a serious competitor for the likes of Quickbooks you'd better get your you-know-what together and address some of these basic issues. A lot of people in this thread have valid reasons why a feature like this is needed and yet nothing..... Come on guys, how hard can it be?

• Wayne20Wayne20 Member Posts: 3

+1 pretty please, there is obviously a big demand...

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

@flyboy & @Wayne20 thanks for sharing your honest feedback here. I'm going to be very transparent below, and hopefully that helps you understand where we're coming from in WaveHQ as we review feature ideas such as this.

To clarify, our Community is a forum to discuss Wave's products, get help on issues, and offer feedback such as feature ideas in a conversational format. That is to say, this discussion thread is not a request thread, but rather an idea thread, and there is not necessarily a promise to bring the ideas presented here to fruition. We take all this feedback in and present it to our teams for consideration, and we really do value hearing from you. We've demonstrated this care to our users recently, for example, in the pivot we made to launch substantial content & Payroll features related to COVID-19.

That said, we also must implement feature improvements under myriad factors, many of which are not user-facing, and so it can be challenging to communicate what we're working on and how we're incorporating your voice into our products.

For example, in regards to sending invoices to multiple emails - we've been undergoing a back-end shift from one type of both invoicing & accounting to another over the past couple of years. Many of the improvements we want to make to the software can't occur until we make these back end changes. So, in order to deliver on the front end (such as, for example, sending to multiple emails), we first need to make those back-end changes.

I know it can be frustrating to feel unheard by the very people who claim to be listening, and so I own that here for us. I really appreciate your tenacity in speaking up, and patience as we absorb your feedback over time.

• AcolyteJonathanAcolyteJonathan Member Posts: 5

Appreciate the insights from @CallieP! Just want to throw in another hat on being able to store multiple emails for a customer for sending invoices. I dont care too much for the CC'email (although it would make me sweat less if I knew the Invoice email I copy myself on was the email that went to all recipients... further, there's some comfort in being able to 'prove' that the Invoice email was sent to a particular individual should a client play the 'I never got it card', (obviously none of us have clients like this..) ) . But I would love to at least store multiple emails for a client, so I dont always have to recopy the same people. Further, I assume this means the reminders only go out to the email actually listed on the customer? (Can you confirm this behavior?) Would love to have the reminders hit all the emails listed on the customer.

• sampiersonsampierson Member Posts: 1

I just signed up for WaveApp.
    Then I ran into this limitation.
    2½ years later and you still haven't implemented this fairly trivial but widely requested feature.
    Deleting my account now.

• mrickettsmricketts Member Posts: 1

**+1 for this feature request. **
    I've been following this topic for over a year because it's a feature we desperately need. We invoice many clients every month and several of our clients require invoices to be sent to multiple people. The manual approach works, but it's an inconvenient work-around. It's very difficult to remember the specifics each month and we occasionally make mistakes which leaves our clients feeling frustrated. I love Wave and do not wish to leave but we may need to switch to something a little more robust next year if this feature isn't implemented.

• wbpwbp Member Posts: 4

We also need this "feature", it's sad to see the thread is over 3 years old. Any larger company who is a client/customer is going to have multiple points of contact, not just one single person you are interacting with for financials. Huge oversight not to develop this, I'm afraid. I wish we could pay a monthly fee to have these kinds of basic things fast tracked, I'm sure it would help keep Wave's customer retention instead of forcing people to consider other options. 2c :wink:

To be clear the feature should be adding any number of contacts to a Customer, and simply being able to select them when making an invoice, estimate, etc. Just sending a copy of the email isn't sufficient as the invoice needs addressed to different contacts within a company you are doing work for, job to job.

edited August 17, 2020
  • MoroccoDaveMoroccoDave Member Posts: 9

**+1 for this feature request. **
    I know that you have other things to do with back-end vs front-end... but in THE END, features that are integral to efficiently running a business need to be there. I use your software to save time and to keep me from doing manual tasks like remembering to email an accounting dept and our customer EVERY time.

We have a few clients who request their invoice be sent to their accountant/bookkeeper and not just to them and it is difficult to remember who has requested this and who hasn't. I shouldn't have to open a second file on my computer to remind me who these people are just to send an invoice (assuming I'm on my computer and not my phone).

If you want to have YOUR customers (us) to
    Get paid faster
    Reliable, timely payments mean better cash flow. (see https://www.waveapps.com/invoicing)
    then make sure the person that is actually cutting the check gets copied on the invoices!!

Dave

• Shae_MarcuShae_Marcu Member Posts: 6

Another vote for the ability to have multiple email address saved in the client profile separated by a ",". A lot of my clients need me to send my invoice to multiple people. It would be great if at least I was able to save the second or third email in Wave so that I didn't have to go to Gmail, search their name, copy the address, then go back to wave and paste it in every time that I invoice. Thanks for your time!

• scalscal Member Posts: 2

Hello,

How can multiple email addresses be added to the customer email section? It seems only one email is able to be entered but I need to add a few different emails within the same customer. How is this done? I tried separating with commas, with semi colons, etc... nothing seems to work. Thank s.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @scal ! I'm afraid that this functionality is not currently supported in Wave. However, if you are looking to send an invoice to multiple email addresses, you can definitely do so! Before sending an invoice, you can press the "+" icon to add another email.

Feel free to check out this discussion for more insight on adding multiple emails to a customer profile.

edited September 29, 2020
  • lagrecalagreca Member Posts: 3

Some of my customers want their invoices sent to multiple email recipients, which currently doesn't seem possible, but seems like it would be fairly easy to implement.

edited December 17, 2020

Hey there @lagreca

If you'd like to send your invoice to multiple customers there should be a way to do this as long as it's a single invoice.

When it comes to recurring invoices, this will only send to the email associated with the customer on the recurring invoice. There is only one email you can associate with a customer at a time.