Sending Invoices to multiple emails

Comments

• DylanDylan Member Posts: 5

+1 for this. Any progress or should we just assume feature requests as simple as this go straight to the bin?

It's been over a year since this was first opened, so if there is no progress i will start looking at other accounting solutions.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Dylan. We currently looking to improve the Customers section in Wave soon -- still no exact ETA however, but when we do have an idea of what the improvements are going to look like, we will be sure to let our users know. I do want to point out that we are listening.. seeing the feedback in the community goes along way when it comes to determining prioritization for specific feature releases, so it means a lot when our community members voice their opinions on features they want added.

• mphdavidsonmphdavidson Member Posts: 1

+1 for multiple client email addresses. Automated invoicing was the primary reason I got Wave, so having to manually send invoices is a significant shortcoming.

• MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

@mphdavidson Thanks for commenting with your feedback! While you cannot save more than one email address on a customer profile, when sending out the invoices, you can send an invoice to multiple emails by clicking the plus icon next to the To field, as @James_Hudson mentioned in his post above.

• IAmTheFuzzIAmTheFuzz Member Posts: 1

+1 for multiple client emails!
    It's been 18 months since this thread was opened! Would be great to hear from the team as to when to expect this. If it's something that will most likely never come, we deserve to know so we can make other arrangements or switch to another application that supports this. It's becoming a big issue for me.

@IAmTheFuzz We're currently exploring our Sales Service features at the moment, and this specific request has been mentioned as part of those discussions. We don't have a hard timeline as to when this will be added, or any specific detail to mentioned at the moment, but stay tuned for an update on this thread.

• WorkingHardWorkingHard Member Posts: 2

It would be great if I could separate email addresses by a semi-colon to send to multiple people automatically.

• MemphisGuruMemphisGuru Member Posts: 2
  • omtcomtc Member Posts: 2

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping your +1's here. We're currently reviewing the Customers section in Wave and are hoping to have this feature added within it. We don't have an official ETA of when this will be released, but when we do, I will jump back on this post and give everyone an update regarding this.

• FrankPrendergastFrankPrendergast Member Posts: 6

Thanks for the update Jamie, I was just popping in to add my +1 for this as a feature I'd love to see added.

• atshannon1atshannon1 Member Posts: 10

This seems like a relatively easy feature to add and the discussions have now lasted almost 2 years whether to add it or not. Isn't it pretty logical most folks would want to add multiple emails by default when sending an invoice instead of having to click + each time? I'm not sure I understand what's the holdup...?

• YashYash Member Posts: 3

+1 for multiple client emails!
    It's a big challenge for us and we can't do it manually every-time.

• zolee1zolee1 Member Posts: 1

+1 - I'd love to see this feature implemented

• danstramerdanstramer Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

+1 for me too.
    Some companies I work with ask that I send the invoice to the CEO or CFO and also to the accountant. So having an option to set more than 1 email when setting up the client details would be very helpful.

Thanks
    Dan

• JulienJulien Member Posts: 1

Huge +1 for me too.

That maybe THE reason I quit Wave for another solution.
    Each week I have 2-3 invoices to send, to several persons.
    For example, as a consultant, I have to send the invoice to the contact person of my department, AND to the accounting department.

Each week, I have to resend manually each invoice
    Thanks

• manifestamanifesta Member Posts: 2

another HUGE +1 !!!
    As a new user, this is one of the first limitations I've discovered that may have me sourcing another solution.
    Thank you!

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @FrankPrendergast, @zolee1, @danstramer, @Julien & @manifesta! Thank you all for adding your feedback here! At the moment I still don't have an ETA on this feature. However, if you want a workaround in the mean time you can head to: Sales > Customers and add extra email addresses to the 'Notes' field of a particular customer profile. These notes are private to you and will not be seen by the customer. When sending an invoice, you can refer back to these notes and generate extra email fields if you need to include more people in the sending list.

edited October 22, 2019
  • manifestamanifesta Member Posts: 2

@EmmaP thanks that's very helpful! I'll give it a try. :)

• WPBNSWPBNS Member Posts: 6

Please add my upvote to this request. Gary

• jo2345jo2345 Member Posts: 6

+1
    Your page just responded: "Body is 8 characters too short."
    OK. +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

• jlbangjlbang Member Posts: 2

My clients want me to include multiple people on invoice emails when I send them. I can add multiple email addresses when I send an invoice, but there are two problems with the current system.

1. I wish that I could send an invoice to multiple people without having to enter each of their email addresses manually every time I send it. The system currently remembers and uses the one default email address of the customer, but won't allow me to include other email addresses by default on invoices. So I have to personally remember which email addresses to include and go in and add them one at a time every time I make an invoice. That gets more confusing when customers say "Oh, OK, now remove this person and add this person instead." Having to manually do that each time makes that easy to mess up.
    2. I also wish that people getting an invoice could see who else got the invoice. Maybe they're all on the "To" line of the email, maybe the system can optionally list the email addresses of all the recipients on the invoice itself, I don't know. Currently, they each receive the email independently, meaning that if I'm emailing three people, Wave sends three emails instead of one email with three people on it. Then, my clients get confused as to why I didn't include this or that other person when they asked me to, and understandably, they start forwarding it to each other. All the while, I did actually include them, but they each got the invoice in a separate email.
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @jlbang . I've merged your comment into this ongoing thread to add your voice here to your feature idea #1.

In regards to #2, thanks for providing a clear workflow as to why/how this would help you. I get it, you want this to mirror how an email acts. I can also understand why the client would be confused, considering they wouldn't have an understanding of how Wave invoicing works. An alternative option for you in the meantime would be to download the invoice as a PDF and send it as an email, where you could cc or send to any of the clients that you need. Of course, this would require a bit more work on your side though.

• jlbangjlbang Member Posts: 2

Thanks @AlexL ! Yeah, I've started copying the share links and emailing those (I like to know when they've seen the invoice) with plain ol' email for now. I prefer Wave's beautiful designs though, so as soon as I can use Wave to send these again, that's what I'm going to do. Thanks!

• tangosdadtangosdad Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    Is it possible to set up a customer with multiple emails? So my invoices, reminders, and receipts go to multiple emails?

• TimWBTimWB Member Posts: 2

+1 for adding multiple emails to customer info. The work around is annoying and there is no work around for sending a invoice reminder.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @tangosdad , I've merged your comment into this ongoing thread. This isn't currently possible without adding the emails at the time of sending the invoice itself. We'll take your question as a +1 to this feature idea though.

• OdedOded Member Posts: 5

Another +1. As a developer, I can't for the life of me understand how a feature request thread 6 pages and 2 years long hasn't been implemented yet. This is trivial, both from an implementation and a database standpoint. You don't even have to migrate anything in your database for existing data, just add an Invoicing E-mails field and accept comma or semicolon-delimited addresses.

• robdam1001robdam1001 Member Posts: 5

@James_Hudson said:
    Hey Pyay,

It's only possible to add one email address to a customer profile, but you can send invoices to multiple email addresses by clicking on the green "+" sign to the right of your customer's email in the "Send Invoice" window.

That's not what we are looking to do. We would like this to be automated and not a manual process.

• PMONPMON Member Posts: 4

I'm glad to see that I can add a second email address separately but would love to add them permanently to my customer profile. I also have to send my invoices to multiple people. For one client it has to go to project engineer, the project manager and the accounts payable departments.