Sending Invoices to multiple emails

Comments

• kitfmkitfm Member Posts: 1

+1 this is essential for me. I'm a video editor / motion graphics designer and 99% of the time I'm sending to both the creative lead and the billing department.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@WPBNS I think what Jamie's saying is that you'd need to (manually) add the extra email addresses each time you send a good ol' fashioned, one-off invoice.

Meanwhile, if you have a recurring invoice where you add the second email address from the very beginning (such as in Jamie's example above), the recurring invoice will remember both email addresses in the future so you only need to add it once, and then it's more automatic.

@kitfm, thanks for taking the time to add your +1 to this discussion!

• dpkonofadpkonofa Member Posts: 2

+1 for me as well! :)

• noboundariesvinoboundariesvi Member Posts: 0

need to be able to send invoices to more than one email address at once without manually adding those emails at the sending stage - I want to have multiple email addresses attached to each client I am invoicing.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @noboundariesvi . Currently, your only option is to add these manually if you want to send them out to different addresses. We're looking at creating a more robust invoicing product in the future and this is definitely the feedback that the team is looking for.

edited March 26, 2019
  • qcmqcm Member Posts: 4

+1 preeeeetttty pleeeeeeaaaaaasssssse!!!! :p

• AllyweeAllywee Member Posts: 1

Yes, please try to incorporate this feature. to create a customer with more than one email.

sometimes, the owner wants me to send all invoices to his official work email, and also to his personal gmail/yahoo etc just because their work mail may not be so reliable, or they are used to using personal email to do certain work functions.

sometimes i need to send a copy to shop manager and one to their finance department. I might not know the finance person and its a headache to remember to add it in manually for many of my customers. the manager or backend executive might change and its a pain to remember which email to add in. i sometimes struggle to remember the person at the shop, much less the person that sits in the office that i dont have any contact with

• StevenChenStevenChen Member Posts: 5

We are building contractor, every invoice need put different project address for one or more client. We found there are nowhere to put this address. if I put it in shipping adress, once changed, all invoice been changed......

• JugglerJuggler Member Posts: 3

Is it possible to send a single invoice to multiple email addresses automatically? I tried putting multiple addresses separated with comma and semi-colon, neither worked.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey, @Juggler! You can add multiple email recipients to your invoices. When you're creating the invoice, hit save & continue, in the send invoice box, you can add more email addresses alongside your client's by selecting the + icon.

These additional recipients will have to be added manually, there is no way to automatically include more than one email address. :smile:

• JugglerJuggler Member Posts: 3

Thank you

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @StevenChen, that is a very good point, and something we're working on. Right now, the best option would be to generate a customer profile per project site (if this is feasible), so you can easily swap addresses in or out without having those changes effect all your past invoices.

• jswhetstonejswhetstone Member Posts: 1

I second this.

I frequently have to send a copy of the invoice both to a department manager and a bookkeeper.
    It would be useful if I could store both addresses on the customer record so that I don't have to manually add every time I send an invoice/receipt.

• ancnzancnz Member Posts: 1

@Mani said:
    You're right @BillR, that would create multiple statements. We value your feedback. Are there any other details you could share with us so we can learn more about your need? When and why do you end up with customers or clients with multiple shipping addresses? How do you sell to them and interact with them? How does this end up impacting your bookkeeping? With this type of information, other users can learn from your experience, and we can tailor future software to better serve you.

Also have this need. For me customer has two locations and depending where they are depends where we need to ship to. It gets a bit tedious to manually keep changing the address each time we invoice.

• AffordableFixAffordableFix Member Posts: 13

I concur with Hads. It would be very nice (consider necessary) to have the ability to store multiple email address for each customer's account. Even better if we could set defaults of those addresses to automatically populate the "send to" or "cc" fields for each new invoice(per customer). So far, for me, doing this manually has become a real issue.

• TedroTedro Member Posts: 0

I'm a new user just migrating to Wave from QB and boy is this a frustrating feature. I agree if we can't add a comma or semi to the email address, then there should be some custom form at the company level so we don't have to do this manually. I rarely do scheduled invoices since every month is often for a different amount. So having it saved in recurring doesn't help at all really.

• TFITFI Member Posts: 5

Im also having this issue. Im a sub contractor and only have one customer at this time that I do work
    for, but have multiple shipping addresses on per job to job basis. So when I do my invoices whatever the last invoices shipping address is that's what all of them end up being. I tried to create the same customer multiple times but it keeps saying that this customer is aleady created. please help! I love Wave but this issue is problematic unless resolved in an update.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @TFI . I can only assume that this is because the primary contact information that you're using is being repeated? Adding some sort of variation to the customer's name like "[Name] #1" and "[Name] #2" should allow you to create these customers more than once with a different shipping address for each without getting an error message.

• gengen Member Posts: 6

I would also love to see this implemented, please and thank you.

• gengen Member Posts: 6

+1 Yes, please implement this feature.

• TFITFI Member Posts: 5
    @alexlewiszarkos yes I’m sure that would work just a shame you’d have to do that instead of just not having the shipping address change at all every time you use the same customer. Hopefully the powers that be will take a closer look at the issue and figure out away it doesn’t in a future update. Thank you for your quick response.
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey all! Thanks again for your continue feedback on this particular invoicing feature. I just want to point out that we are currently exploring what can be improved on our invoicing section and all of the feedback that you've delivery in this particular thread is definitely beneficial when it comes to decision making down the road. Once again, just wanted to give a huge thanks and let you know that your voices are being heard.

• dsiebe00dsiebe00 Member Posts: 2

I agree that this feature is a necessity.

• HGPHGP Member Posts: 1

I agree. I have a customer with multiple stores, and each time the products need to be shipped to a specific store. I should not need to create a new contact for each store if I am billing to the same person.
    Not sure why this wasn't an option from the start.

Should be able to add a "ship to" when creating the invoice, or under the customer info - I should be able to add multiple shipping addresses, which would be on a dropdown.

Let me know if this is even in the works please.

• reteachmediareteachmedia Member Posts: 1

+1 for this functionality, I am coming from Freshbooks where you have an option to add a "secondary contact." It is a simple process there and I was really surprised this was not already built in. It sounds like it is going to be added soon though, so that is encouraging.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @TFI , @HGP , thanks for your comments on this, I completely understand where you are coming from. I can pass this feedback along to our product so that they are aware.

• VPCVPC Member Posts: 3

Another vote for a multiple email feature for customers

• virgilwasherevirgilwashere Member Posts: 10

[@GravisTech said][q] :
    How about just allowing multiple emails with a comma?

email1@email.com, email2@email.com, email3@email.com

📣 show your support

Please 🖱️ click on the ⬆️ Vote Up or :heart:Awesome button in @GravisTech 's post above to show your support for this :+1:

:star: Thank you, 🌊Wave. :star:

edited May 28, 2019
  • IdentifyIdentify Member Posts: 1

My requirement is somewhat similar. We have multiple departments we work with in the same organization and each department has a separate contact. Having multiple contacts and the ability to choose who to email the invoices to would be amazing.

Another use case for us is where we need to send the invoice to the marketing department that requests the work from us but then later the accounting department and they are separate contacts.

Currently we just have the main contact's name and then manually enter the other contact's email address when sending the invoice.

Not sure if there is a separate thread for this. If yes, sorry for hijacking!

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Identify. Definitely some great feedback here -- and we're exploring different options in terms of improving invoice customization which may allow for this in the future, but we still don't have an idea of what that is going to look like or when. However, once we do get a stronger sense, we will make sure to update our users as necessary.

edited June 15, 2019