Sending Invoices to multiple emails

Comments

• CamanderCamander Member Posts: 6

Hello Alexia - more requests on this topic. Could you just accept multiple emails in the account setup separated with a "," or a ";" like google or outlook?

• xpresstranxpresstran Member Posts: 1

I would like to also request saving this feature. It is sometimes a pain to remember and/or lookup all the email addresses that my customers require invoices copied to. It would be much easier if they could be saved in the customer file.

Thanks!

• awisechoiceawisechoice Member Posts: 1

+1 for this feature. Client wants invoice to go to their finance person, but client also wants a copy. Manually adding emails to each invoice is OK; being able to save multiple emails by customer would be even better. Thanks for listening!

• seanvoseanvo Member Posts: 6

Another vote for the ability to have multiple email address. I have a number of clients that need me to send the invoice to 2 or 3 (one even has FOUR!) different people for it to be approved and move through the process.

For my needs, very important that I can have multiple send to addresses on recurring invoices.

Thanks for a great product. I'm considering moving over from Freshbooks and am learning all that Wave will do.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @seanvo.

Thank you for your interest and for adding your voice to this discussion! While it is possible to add extra recipients for invoices, you can't currently automate it. There has been a lot of discussion on the matter and more input from users (and potential users) count for a lot.

If you have any questions about Wave, feel free to start a new thread. Tag my name on there and I'll be more than happy to chat!

• dianadiana Member Posts: 1

@Sophia said:
    Hi @MarkSmithR9009 @pike currently we don't have the functionality to save multiple email addresses per customer, but you can always add additional addresses by using the plus sign in the "send invoice" pop-up to add up to 10 more email addresses :)

When I am in the Wave app for iphone after I hit "send invoice" it brings me to another screen where there is not a spot to add another email address. It autopopulates the one address I selected as the customer and CCing is not an option.
    How do you send it to multiple people?

• UrbanMuseWriterUrbanMuseWriter Member Posts: 1

Hi, adding email manually is not a great solution because it should be automated for efficiency. Plus, some of my clients require that several people be CC'ed on an invoice so that one person can approve, which means manually adding emails and sending individually won't work. Instead, I have to download the PDF and send via Gmail.

• patpending74patpending74 Member Posts: 9

+1 for this, more often than not I need to invoice the client and cc their accounts department

• petrgazarovpetrgazarov Member Posts: 1

Thanks, everyone, for adding your voice to this discussion!

• ThereseTherese Member Posts: 17

I want to know if it is possible to put multiple mail addresses in "contact" when creating/editing a customer. I put two mail addresses, separated by ; but I couldn't save the editing. I got an error message. I deleted the second address and with only one mail address I was able to save the customer. Thanks for any ideas. Therese

edited October 25, 2019

Hi, @Therese.

There isn't currently a way to have multiple email addresses for a single client in Wave. There's been a discussion on this feature here. If you'd like to add your voice to it and tell us a bit more about the circumstance in which you need multiple email addresses for a given client, we'd love to hear it there.

• ThereseTherese Member Posts: 17

I agree with all the earlier comments - we have travel agents that need the invoices sent to the sales as well as the accounts department and sometimes the even to two different addresses. Manually adding a cc is OK, but as the others have said, I don't know the mails by heart and will have to look them up which means leaving wave, going into gmail and finding the correct address.
    Thanks for looking into this request.

Thank you @Therese for adding to this conversation. I can imagine how frustrating it can be to have to hunt down all the appropriate addresses.

• TechConnect_JCTechConnect_JC Member Posts: 7

+1 to this request of saving multiple emails for a Customer when sending Invoices.
    Many of our clients have requested we send invoices to both the Owner (sometimes multiple co-Owners) as well as the Office Manager / Accounting / AR person.
    Manually adding additional email addresses is tedious and time-consuming.

Thanks for your feedback, @TechConnect_JC.

We do love to find ways to save time for our Wavers!

• JohnSimJohnSim Member Posts: 1

+1 Totally agree on this feature. I'm right now hunting for an email address I need to send to. Would be so much easier to have it saved and automatically populated when sending.

• fasfas Member Posts: 11

I have several customers who need copies to more than one address, and I have to remember to add them manually currently. No need for a grand solution like multiple contacts, just allowing "email, email, ..." in the existing contact email field would be sufficient for me.

Hi, @JohnSim and @fas.

Thank you for adding your voices to this discussion!

• CristenCristen Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to view the multiple email addresses an invoice has been sent to, to make sure everyone was included that was supposed to be?

Hi, @Cristen.

Not currently, no. The email addresses of additional recipients aren't stored in Wave. You could add the additional recipients as a note on the invoice itself to have a record of it, or even in the email sent with the invoice, which you could also send to yourself. These alternatives aren't exactly ideal, but they still might help.

• SkySky Member Posts: 1

+1 for this feature. Usually, my clients require that I CC multiple people to keep everyone in the loop.

Thanks for chipping in, @Sky!

• GeoffGeoff Member Posts: 2

+1 for this feature. Especially as it's not possible to add an email address when sending from mobile. So multiple email addresses in the customer setup please.

Hi, @Geoff.

Thanks for adding to this discussion!

It is possible to add more receivers on the Invoices app. When you get to the invoice sending step, you can add other addresses separated by commas to the "To:" field. You'll still have to do it manually, which isn't always convenient, but you can send invoices to multiple addresses from your mobile device.

• MarkSmithR9009MarkSmithR9009 Member Posts: 2

Hi @Alexia

This doesn’t work on iPhone, as the keyboard does not have a comma available when you click in the “To” box. I think automatically presents you with a keyboard suitable for typing email addresses, for which you never need a comma...

@Alexia said:
    Hi, @Geoff.

Thanks for adding to this discussion!

It is possible to add more receivers on the Invoices app. When you get to the invoice sending step, you can add other addresses separated by commas to the "To:" field. You'll still have to do it manually, which isn't always convenient, but you can send invoices to multiple addresses from your mobile device.

Hi, @MarkSmithR9009.

I know this is an annoying workaround, but you'll have to copy a comma from somewhere else and paste it in that field. The keyboard on iPhones does this for a few fields on our apps and unfortunately, there isn't much we can do to control it. You could install a different keyboard on your phone entirely, but I don't have a specific keyboard to recommend.

• lizzylizzylileslizzylizzyliles Member Posts: 1

I couldn't agree more to the need for having multiple email addresses available in customer profiles. This a significant disadvantage toward your recurring invoice feature (you can't automate your recurring invoices if you have to manually add email addresses every time). And I would like to see each recipients email address listed in each email/invoice message so co-workers know who received the same invoice. It would prevent questions from customers asking me to forward to people I already included in the original distribution.

Hi, @lizzylizzyliles.

Thank you for your feedback. That's an excellent point about recurring invoices, thank you for bringing it up. I can't make any promises, but I can tell you that we know how valuable this feature would be to Wavers and we are listening.

• Brian7270Brian7270 Member Posts: 1

How has this simple functionality not been added yet?