Sending Invoices to multiple emails

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Brian7270.

I'm no programmer, so I can't say how much work would be going into adding this feature, but given how many different things interlock in Wave, it might be much more work than it appears.

With that said, I can tell you that we are aware of how useful this would be to our users and we are listening to your feedback.

• DoKuhDoKuh Member Posts: 1

I just started migrating from quickbooks, and I encountered this limitation right from the start. I want to make wave work to save money, but not a good first impression.

• BigDBigD Member Posts: 1

+1 in support of multiple recipients in the "Customer Setup / Edit" my reasoning I send most of my Invoices to the Accounts Departments however on some Jobs these Invoices also Require Authorisation from Project Managers / Directors / Owners. Without this feature it makes Recurring Invoices completely Useless in these scenarios.

But i do also understand the ramifications of trying to implement this as i have worked for a Software Development Company for over 15 years I can say with certainty this would not be particularly easy due to the cross platform compatibility and their individual explicit requirements

However that said with this amount of feedback for a Feature it would be nice to know if this is Actually being worked on or you are simply appeasing the masses with the standard (we take your feedback seriously response) this should have really been implemented at conception multiple recipients is a Default Email Feature on 99.9% of All Platforms.

Regards
    BigD

Hi, @DoKuh.

Thank you for your feedback. Is this something you require for a lot of your clients? It is possible to send invoices to multiple recipients, but you can't save multiple email addresses under a single customer account. I recognize it isn't ideal and that it can be time-consuming to enter secondary addresses by hand when your client requires it.

This has been suggested often, and while I can't make promises, I can tell you that feedback from Wavers has a significant impact on how we choose what to build next for Wave.

Hi, @BigD.

Thank you for both adding to this discussion and for your understanding. I'll keep forwarding any feedback to our product team. Comments like yours are the best way to let us know what your business needs to thrive and help us grow, thank for sharing!

• svvitalesvvitale Member Posts: 4

+1. Nearly every one of my customers has an accounts payable department that handles actual payments. Having both parties on all invoices by default is key, particularly for repeat/recurring customers.

Is this forum the best spot to keep track of any work being done on this feature?

Thanks!

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@svvitale yes, the forum is a good place to keep tabs on updates across the board for sure (keeping in mind that because a feature request exists, it doesn't mean we'll be able to build it in the immediate future - there are lots of factors involved in that process).

However, it is extremely helpful to know how business owners like yourself are using Wave and how suggestions like this fit into your business. You mention that your customers have an accounts payable department. I assume that this means that you must send your invoice to this department and also cc the client, is that accurate? Would you mind if I asked what field you're in? Do most of your clients pay via invoice?

• svvitalesvvitale Member Posts: 4

Hi @Charlotte! We provide technology services for live events like conferences, job fairs, and food/beer/wine festivals. Our invoices are due upon services rendered, and yes, most of our customers pay by invoice. We also have many repeat customers, and adding the appropriate people/departments each time to the CC is not always easy to remember on a customer-by-customer basis.

We work mostly with a project or events manager. Of all of our customers, only 10% of our invoices are paid by that project manager - the rest are all paid by an accounting department (but the manager still needs to be informed).

• chrisbarton455chrisbarton455 Member Posts: 1

this would help me to have more than 1 email address in the customer account. I have to cc other people as well

• BlaineVBlaineV Member Posts: 3

This is definitely a need, I have many customers, 15+ that require emails for invoices to be sent to multiple people, doing it manually is a pain

• Flywheel_ITFlywheel_IT Member Posts: 1

I'm sending my first invoice now as a new user from PayPal and this was the first thing I needed to do. +1 this feature

Thank you, @chrisbarton455 and @BlaineV, for adding your voices to this discussion!

Hi, @Flywheel_IT,

I understand that it isn't a perfect solution, but you can send an invoice to multiple addresses, they'll just need to be added manually when you get to the sending of that invoice. With that said, I do understand your frustration with the absence of that future. Thank you for adding your voice to this discussion!

• JLaverdure_1JLaverdure_1 Member Posts: 1

I also want to add my voice to this request. I send out invoices to companies that want the invoice sent to the project overseer as well as the accounting department. Having the ability to add another email address to the customer's account would be ideal instead of having to find the email address every time and add it manually when sending the invoice.

Thank you, @JLaverdure_1! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

• mflynnmflynn Member Posts: 4

+1 for this. My client's Project Manager wants me to CC their accountant on all invoices so he isn't a bottleneck. As a web app developer I don't see the challenge in adding a "CC invoices to" field on the "Edit a Customer" screen (I've actually added this functionality for a client that wanted to be copied on all emails when an inspection passes or fails). It should be one field added to the customer database table and an additional query when creating a new invoice for that customer that fills in the CC addresses. I don't need the ability to track if the CC person has seen the invoice or anything. I just want them CC'd so they are in the loop. It would be a bonus if the CC'd recipients would get the reminder emails that I sent to the primary client email but not required.

• pbandrews3pbandrews3 Member Posts: 2

This is a key functional gap -- here are the specific needs in my case:

1. Retain, at minimum, the addresses each invoice was sent to, so that by default a new invoice can simply be sent to the same addresses as the most recent previous invoice. Even better, these addresses and default invoice addressing would be retained in the client record.
    2. Need to be able to look up where (emails) a past invoice was sent. This can be critical in collection discussions.

Thanks!

• pbandrews3pbandrews3 Member Posts: 2

One more detail:
    3. The email cc sent to me as the billing entity when an invoice is transmitted currently does not show the addresses the invoice was sent to -- it's just an email to me, with no info as to who the invoice was sent to. It would be extremely helpful to see this info.

Thanks

• SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hey @pbandrews3 thank you so much for your clear and detailed notes! We (and our product team) so appreciate them :)

• TechieSophieTechieSophie Member Posts: 2

I'm considering switching from Quickbooks to save money as well, and this feature could be a deal breaker for me. Has there been any change? Can we now have more than one email address per customer? Thanks!

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey TechieSophie!

I am a member of the Customer Success Team at Wave! First off, thank you for getting involved in the community, we hope you agree that it is a great place for everyone to ask great questions like yours.

In regards to switching over to Wave from Quickbooks, I think that is a great idea :smile: If you need to know exactly how you can make that happen I have a really helpful Help Center Article to help you get switched over https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621366-Switching-to-Wave-from-Quickbooks-or-other-accounting-software

When sending invoices with Wave, once they are approved, you have the option in the "Send This Invoice" part to add as many email addresses as you like :smiley:

I hope that has sealed the deal and answered your question! If you have anymore, please get back to me!

• ChatterboxMediaChatterboxMedia Member Posts: 1

+1 for this feature.

• FotanFotan Member Posts: 9

+1 on this. I have a number of clients who have AR departments who pay the bills, but my client needs a copy to approve.

• dblong2dblong2 Member Posts: 1

I too need this functionality. Looking for a workaround to get a copy of a sent invoice automatically sent to another address.

• 1ClickITServices1ClickITServices Member Posts: 1

You didn't answer the question here. So I will, no its not an option as of yet to add multiple addresses to an account and its still very cumbersome sending invoices to multiple addresses for a customer. I once again had an invoice go unpaid because in the process missed sending a copy to a secondary address for one of my customers. It also makes me look less than responsive because the customer has asked multiple times to be sure I sent the invoice to multiple addresses.

While I understand the process for change has a flow to it, this change from a program side is as simple as it gets. Allowing the field to be comma or colon separated and then using each as a send to would work fine.

• JordanQJordanQ Member Posts: 2

I have several clients, who when I need to send an invoice, I need to send it to at least 2 email addresses. Usually my point of contact, and then an "invoices@" or "accounts@" kind of email. Currently, I have to go look up that email every time I need to send. Would love to be able to put multiple email addresses for clients, or have "invoicing emails" that will populate on a created invoice to that client.

• DjOtotoDjOtoto Member Posts: 0
    There needs the ability to send the one invoice to multiple emails at once being a Dj a lot of venues I need to send emails to the venue itself and the manager.
  • JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@1ClickITServices I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and a potential solution. While I cannot guarantee that this is the specific change that will occur, I'll be happy to pass this solution to our Product Team. I understand that this is not ideal, but I appreciate your patience while our team considers the most logical way to possibly execute this on both the user facing product and on the back end.

• RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi @DjOtoto
    When you send the invoice with Wave, you can add multiple recipients using the "+" button beside the first email field. This does have to be done each time you send, however.
    There are other threads on the community and we've collected feedback around being able to store multiple emails for a customer and our team is looking at all the feedback so we can think through the best solution.

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @JordanQ, great suggestion and I definitely agree with how easy it'd make things. I'll submit a feature request to our Product Team now! You aren't the first to request this so I can confirm it is being considered for implementation, especially given there is the possibility to manually enter multiple emails on an invoice - there is just a disconnect in terms of our Customer Profiles being able save multiple emails.