Wave Connect: Easily import and export data with Wave's Google Sheets add-on

Comments

• veronicacvveronicacv Member Posts: 3

Thank you! May I ask if I delete the previous transactions in the Wave Connect sheet it wont be deleted in Wave?

• QaisEQaisE Member Posts: 72 admin

@veronicacv That is correct! Only data deleted directly in your Wave account will be removed from your account. If you remove a transaction from Wave Connect, it will have no effect on your imported data in Wave :).

• PhengSoonPhengSoon Member Posts: 1

hi, after I add-on Wave Connect in the Google Sheet. the window say drive.google.com refused to connect. have been trying a few days. is there any thing wrong with the set up at Google? is there any one who can help me?

• JadenCJadenC Member Posts: 2

I also facing the issue, google drive refused to connect.what s wrong?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @PhengSoon @JadenC

Hmm this is odd, my guess here might be around your country codes and locations as we've seen some issues with people who are located in different continents.

1. Have you had issues with other google integrations in the past?
    2. Are you using a VPN? if so can you try disabling it and try this integration again?
    3. Do you mind trying this in a google chrome incognito browser?
    4. Would you also mind sharing with us a screenshot of this error so we can potentially escalate it to to our integrations team.

Thanks for your cooperation in advance!

• JadenCJadenC Member Posts: 2

@BarsinA
    [SOLVED] Its due to multiple google account, not using the default account. Just have to do it in incognito solved the problem.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61576767/g-suite-add-on-refusing-to-connect-to-drive-how-to-solve-drive-google-com-refu

If you are an addon developer, migrate your addon to v8 engine - https://formfacade.com/faq/drive-google-com-refused-to-connect-error-for-addon-developers.html

Hey again @JadenC

Thanks so much for offering this article for our users who may be suffering similar issues! This is super helpful!

• JadeParronJadeParron Member Posts: 1

It would be really helpful if there was a way to import bills from a spreadsheet.
    The company I work for was using google sheets to keep track of that information and now I have to input thousands of bills (I work for a distribution warehouse so this would be all of our freight bills) manually going back at least 3 years...There should be an option to upload "bills" like how you can upload "invoices".

• Daniel_Nanton_PDMTDaniel_Nanton_PDMT Member Posts: 7

Hello, I greatly appreciate the option to download the data from invoices to google sheets, so I can build my own reports, but since a couple of weeks, I have not been able to receive the data, the connection starts, but never finishes, it does say that it is processing the records, which are some 900, but it never inserts the new data in the sheet, any ideas on what can I do in order to receive the info properly as it did before?

• AriesAries Member Posts: 5

Hi, I am trying to migrate my Wave Account from the old wave to the new wave system by using the wave connect tools.
    Product and Services and Customers was able to be uploaded without much problem.
    Now, I was trying to migrate invoices i found some bug/issue with the connect tools that I dont understand.
    This is the step i took.

1. I downloaded the invoice sheet from the old wave system with just 1 customer. The heading column were automatically generated by Wave.

2. i copied this heading to the upload tool (in another window), it was able to validate and upload the data

The data which werent uploaded correctly are all the "Date" column, that is invoice date, due date and last payment date were all -1 day (minus 1 day) from the prepared sheet. So if the prepared sheet show 3rd of July on the Invoice date, it would upload showing 2nd of July. Same with all other date.

And then, the status of the payment was always unpaid. When the Invoice Paid column is populated with a number e.g. 100 and the invoice due is 0, and status says paid. When its uploaded, that Invoice would always be unpaid.

Thanks guys, i hope i could find the answer.

NB:Also i want to know how to upload screenshot on this comment tools. Didnt see a button to upload a picture.

Hi All,

I am trying to migrate my data from old wave to the new wave account since i am one of those customer who wasnt automatically migrated.

I am trying out the Wave Connect tools and so far it worked out okay for product and services, as well as customers.

But when i am migrating invoices, some issues popped up.

For this part, i am trialling with a single Invoice only.
    1. I downloaded invoices from the wave connect tool on the old wave, and then i coped all the title label, and pasted on the upload sheet (in another window). Some parts did not get uploaded and some parts get uploaded but are the wrong values.

The "date" column is always minus 1 day.. Secondly, when the invoice paid column is populated e.g $ 100, and the invoice due is 0, and status said paid. When it uploaded, it would always be unpaid.

Thank You.

Tried to upload again today, and another error came up during validation, it said customer not found.
    Previous instances did not have any problem with customer name, It just uploaded.
    Any idea why?

• FanlikeFanlike Member Posts: 13

Hugely disappointed that Wave Connect is unable to access data from the "Personal" business in the Wave account, that was the main reason I was using it, don't really understand why this feature is not available...thanks anyways for your great free app

• D_Scarlin2020D_Scarlin2020 Member Posts: 2

I have a product sheet and want to use it to update the price of the product when the proce changes. I have tested this but it says it cannot validate because the product entry already exists.
    How can I update pricing of my products without going through each one?
    Also, can I bulk delete products and services? I have 250

• MavicMavic Member Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm using the old version of Wave and need to migrate to the new Wave account before end of August. For doing so I'm using Wave Connect, but this tool only allow me to export and import Customers, Products and Invoices.

How do I import other data from my old Wave account?
    For example, how do I import Transactions?
    I can download the Transaction.csv from my old Wave account, but can't option to upload/import it to the new account. The only import/upload option I found with Wave Connect is Bank transaction or Bulk Journal Transaction, which are different.

Also why I can't download invoices date with payment and line items together?
    I tried upload to upload invoices with line items, but now all my invoices in the new Wave account marked as unpaid.

Any solution?

edited July 13, 2020
  • newcaribounewcaribou Member Posts: 1

"Wave Connect will start at the top of your spreadsheet and assume rows belong to the same invoice until it sees a change in customer."

This kind of sucks when you have separate invoices repeating consecutively for the same customer. Wave Connect can't handle it. Perhaps it would be better to delineate between separate invoices by a change in the invoice number.

For now, I think somewhat of a workaround is to insert a dummy row with a dummy customer between, so Wave Connect creates a separate invoice. Then I'll have to go back and manually delete the dummy invoices.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Daniel_Nanton_CR , to be clear, do you end up leaving the Google Sheet before the process is finished or is it timing out with an error message on you? I'm thinking that due to the sheer amount of data that it may just be taking a long time to load but I'd love to hear what your workflow sounds like.

Hi @Aries , sorry to hear of some of the trouble you're having importing invoices. While we investigate the date issue, if you set the time zone of your Google Sheet to Toronto time, then you should not experience this problem any more. When it comes to having your invoices import as paid, this isn't data that Wave Connect can export/pull in, which means that all invoices will import as unpaid.

Hey @D_Scarlin2020 , I'm afraid Wave Connect can't be used to update prices of products, but instead only add the product. For this reason, you're getting the error message that the product already exists. You will have to go in and change these products manually. And to answer your last question, these products can also not be bulk deleted.

Hi @Mavic , the following Help Center article on how to move data between accounts will give you the best steps on how to do this. In the article, we recommend adding your starting balances as there's no easy way to move transactions over between accounts. In regards to your last question, as I mentioned to Aries above, Wave Connect doesn't have the functionality to upload invoices and mark them as paid so you will have to do this manually.

Hello, I have had to leave the worksheet without receiving the data since it just stays there without saying formatting data, and it usually gets to 800 records from its 943, so it's not like it's not doing anything, the only thing is, it doesn't finish therefore it never populates the google sheet with the data. When I try to bring the invoices without the item lines, it does bring all the data properly.

edited July 19, 2020
  • FahadQureshiFahadQureshi Member Posts: 1

It gives an error drive.google.com refused to connect.

edited July 20, 2020
  • CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @Daniel_Nanton_CR , thanks for getting back & the screenshot! It sounds like the issue is the amount of data you're looking to upload at once. I would recommend uploading in smaller batches, say 100 items (or better yet, 50), and seeing if it works for you that way. You can also try to upload (both the large batch and the smaller batches if need be) in an Incognito Chrome browser window on a fast network connection. I suggest this because Incognito has no cache, cookies, or extensions that may be blocking the connection!

Hey @FahadQureshi , thanks for your message! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble here. At which point does it give you this error? Are you able to walk through the steps you're taking and specify at which point you hit the error message? Can you also specify what you're using Wave Connect for (e.g. upload invoices, download transaction, etc.)? Below is some browser and network troubleshooting that might help with connection errors to start!

Browser Troubleshooting
    Wave supports the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. We'd also recommend that you try using Wave with browser extensions disabled. If you have Chrome, try opening up an incognito window, logging into your Wave account, and try again (or if you have Firefox, open a private browsing window).

If that doesn't work, you may also need to clear your cache and cookies. You can read more about the browsers we support, and how to troubleshoot issues for your individual browser HERE.

Network Troubleshooting

1. If you're using a VPN, please disable it.

2. Please power-cycle your modem and/or router. A great article that walks you through how to do this, and why it helps is available here: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-properly-restart-a-router-modem-2624570.

3. Try connecting to a different network. The fastest way to do this is usually to tether to your mobile device.

4. If you're still having trouble, please make sure that your browser is compatible with Wave.

5. Disabling your antivirus software, or adding waveapps.com to your antivirus whitelist should resolve any access issues you're having with our integrations or third party modals (such as banking login info).

I know these tests can seem random, but I've seen these very things work for users in the past! If none of this helps, let us know and we can go from there.

• GurishaGurisha Member Posts: 13

Hello,

I have successful exported and uploaded everything in the new account except the invoices. What could the issue?

• LwaziLwazi Member Posts: 2

Hi there. I have managed to install the add-on. I am not trying to upload bulk journal entries except I can't quite make out how I would go about entering the data for multiple records/transactions. Can someone please assist me. Thank you!

• brian_rose_bcbrian_rose_bc Member Posts: 1

I want to download all transactions weekly and then use Zapier to import them into YNAB. However, it appears Wave Connect doesn't support the General Ledger report. Is there another way? Is there a way to automate the exporting transactions weekly to Google Sheets?

Hey there @Gurisha

You will need to use Wave Connect to download your invoices as our current data export invoice downloader is not available with our new backend version of invoicing at the moment.

Hi @Lwazi

My apologies if this was not intuitive as it doesn't seem very clear but you will need to create new rows here and enter the value of the debit and credit on different lines to your specified account if you haven't done this. Check out my screenshots on how to do that

• a_iantornoa_iantorno Member Posts: 5

I am trying to upload an adjusting journal entry using Bulk Journal Entries, it take and validates the data but when I click update It asks me to make sure I have the right business selected. At the top of Side bar I can see that the Business I want is selected. I have tried to use incognito but same issue, Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    T

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @a_iantorno! Great question here, and I'd love to try to help you as best as possible. Could you take a screenshot of what that particular portion of the uploader looks like when you attempt to upload those journals? Any additional context that you have to offer would be fantastic.

• annieos_hhi124annieos_hhi124 Member Posts: 2

I upload invoices and my items have multiple sales taxes. There is a pop up note that tells me for multiple taxes use a comma. I've attempted entering the taxes in different onfigurations but I have not found the right combination. Can you please provide a detailed description on how to enter the multiple sales taxes.

Hi @AlexL and @CallieP I am still having the issue, where I can't download the invoices with line items. The process it starts with no issues, but it never finishes to download, it stays with the blue dots after the "Download Invoices" button. I have tried downloading the invoices without the line items, and that works. Any workaround in order to obtain the line items since I have reports that show the breakdown of the items sold, and the only way to get them is by using this option in the extraction of data.

Hi, I am enclosing a screencapture, this time created from an incognito window, but it still won't finish and it stays stuck in the middle of the data import

Would appreciate a lot to understand what I can do in order to receive the full data import, since I can't finish calculating the reports on which is the volume of the products sold.