Connect your bank account to Wave

Comments

• CBertCBert Member Posts: 1

@schexnailder said:

@Steelclouds said:
    @zuza -- would you be able to help please? Having issues with connecting to IBERIABANK. Getting the following error.
    "There is a technical issue between Wave and your bank. We're on the case. Attempt to update in a few days and if it persists, visit our help center to investigate."

I'm having the same problem with IberiaBank. I'm on day two trying to get it to connect.

Any idea on the ETA for Iberia Bank connection? Still not working on Feb 11th 2019

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @schexnailder and @CBert , thanks for following up; I can see that they've pushed back the ETA on this, which I should have clarified before; basically, these fixes can get pushed back based on our provider's real-time priorities (say, another large bank with a lot of users suddenly loses the connection, they'll need to shift priorities and resources around, which can mean some fixes get shuffled around). I'd recommend giving it another week or so before trying to refresh the connection.

@SMG22 if I had to guess, their bank isn't supported by our verified network (i.e., it won't appear as an option when they search their bank); however, to get around this, they can simply click the Other option, which will allow them to manually enter their bank account number to submit the payment.

• SMG22SMG22 Member Posts: 2

thank you!

• zuzazuza Member Posts: 31 admin

Hey @schexnailder and @CBert, I've got an update for you re: IBERIA bank. I reached out to our third party data provider and this is what they had to say:

The issue with Iberia site is, the website code is hidden and is not visible to our developers to proceed further. Initially we were successful with the login page and we hit a road block with MFA challenge for the users which took more time. Once we had the users respond to the MFA challenge, we coded for the agent to proceed further and we found that all the pages in that site has hidden code and we were not able to navigate or fetch information.
    Currently multiple teams are working internally exploring all the options to address this concern, we have also developed a number of new tools to help us land this issue and those are being deployed. As this issue is very complex and technically challenging and we did not expect such an innovation/ change from the end site, Hence the ETA keeps changing.
    I am really sorry for the delay and the shifting ETAs. You can rest assured that we are on top of it and I have been personally tracking this issue since December, on a daily basis with the developers and their management to address this issue ASAP. We will keep you posted.

Long story short, it's complicated. And by the looks of it, it doesn't seem like IBERIA bank is making it easy for the connection to continue. There is very little we can do but wait at this time. I would urge you, however, to reach out to your bank and make it known that you require the ability to import your bank transactions into an accounting software to help run your business. The more noise you make about this, the more your bank will be forced to listen.

In the meantime, I would recommend uploading bank statements to help make up for missing transactions. More info can be found here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621626-Upload-a-bank-or-credit-card-statement-in-csv-format

• schexnailderschexnailder Member Posts: 10

@zuza said:
    Hey @schexnailder and @CBert, I've got an update for you re: IBERIA bank. I reached out to our third party data provider and this is what they had to say:

The issue with Iberia site is, the website code is hidden and is not visible to our developers to proceed further. Initially we were successful with the login page and we hit a road block with MFA challenge for the users which took more time. Once we had the users respond to the MFA challenge, we coded for the agent to proceed further and we found that all the pages in that site has hidden code and we were not able to navigate or fetch information.
    Currently multiple teams are working internally exploring all the options to address this concern, we have also developed a number of new tools to help us land this issue and those are being deployed. As this issue is very complex and technically challenging and we did not expect such an innovation/ change from the end site, Hence the ETA keeps changing.
    I am really sorry for the delay and the shifting ETAs. You can rest assured that we are on top of it and I have been personally tracking this issue since December, on a daily basis with the developers and their management to address this issue ASAP. We will keep you posted.

Long story short, it's complicated. And by the looks of it, it doesn't seem like IBERIA bank is making it easy for the connection to continue. There is very little we can do but wait at this time. I would urge you, however, to reach out to your bank and make it known that you require the ability to import your bank transactions into an accounting software to help run your business. The more noise you make about this, the more your bank will be forced to listen.

In the meantime, I would recommend uploading bank statements to help make up for missing transactions. More info can be found here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621626-Upload-a-bank-or-credit-card-statement-in-csv-format

Zuza,

This was the response from IberiaBank:

Thank you for your inquiry. In December we made a change to our website. It now requires for third party applications to allow you to enter a verification code. The software must be updated by the developer to allot for the change.

• ElaraWebElaraWeb Member Posts: 1

NatWest (UK) - Your bank's website is having trouble communicating with Wave. Please make sure you're logged out of your online banking site and try updating/connecting again in Wave. If the problem persists, visit our help center to investigate the problem.

• GoBrownieGoBrownie Member Posts: 6

@zuza

I just talked to the online help desk at iBERIABANK about this issue again! They stated that at the current time the only online accounting software that they have set up and authorized is Quickbooks. I mentioned that this is not necessarily convenient for their customers as there are many other accounting software applications available and the new lack of access to my account is impacting my business. I was told that the software company that I use should reach out to them to fix the issue as they are using two-step authenticating.

• Sharon MilliganSharon Milligan Member Posts: 2

My Bank:
    ASB Bank New Zealand
    http://wwww.asbbank.co.nz
    My Bank appears on your 'Connect Bank Account' and comes up with Username and Password.
    But that is all that works! This is the 2nd time my bank has fallen off your system, I had the same problem in June 2018.
    However last year whatever the problem was Wave fixed it in about a week.
    This time I first notified Wave on 16-Feb-19 that my bank had fallen off your system. On 19-Feb-19 my error message changed and reported Wave and my bank had a technical issue but Wave was on the case and I should try updating in a few days time.
    On 22-Feb-19 when trying to update I was surprised to see the error message had returned to the original message, so I contacted Wave again.
    It is now 27-Feb-19 and in the interim I have disconnected my connection in Wave as besides the fact that it's not working, I did that last year and was able to reconnect my bank after that. Hope springs eternal, unfortunately I am still unable to connect to my bank.
    I have read and followed: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003087843 to no avail, there was absolutely no difference.
    I have sent an email to Wave Support Team today hoping I might get a result? My bank has been down for nearly 2 weeks this time.
    In addition, the inane, non-committal email replies Wave sends are a waste of Autobot time. Communication is an important business too and one I would have thought Wave would be aware of and utilise.
    At least I had some feedback last year when the bank went down.
    As stated in your article: Bank Connections - How to automate your bookkeeping by connecting a bank account, importing bank statements saves time, is far more efficient and accurate than any manual updating.
    I would really appreciate Wave being 'on the case' as promised,attending to and fixing whatever 'technical issue' needs fixing so I can once again import my bank statements. Sooner would be much better than sometime or whenever too please.

• SpiydaSpiyda Member Posts: 4

The connection to Santander UK is being refused. I have re-entered credentials but get the message "Wave is having difficulty matching your credentials with your accounts. Please check your credentials and try updating/connecting your accounts again. If this doesn't help, visit our help center to investigate the problem." The credentials have not changed, but I re-entered them anyway.. a new dialog appears asking for username and password.. is that for the bank or for wave ? our normal login does not use a username and password.

• bhimabibhimabi Member Posts: 5

Hi, I currently see DBS bank as an option which is the personal wing of DBS. However, DBS Ideal is not available which is the commercial account portal. Is there a way to access thsi?

• KEGSKEGS Member Posts: 3

"Your bank's website is temporarily down for maintenance. Once you can successfully log into your online banking, try connecting in Wave. If you can access your online accounts and Wave is not connecting to your bank, visit our help center to investigate the problem."_____now what?___

@schexnailder and @GoBrownie in this case with Iberia, the refrain for "the developers to update" doesn't actually refer to us; it refers to the engineers that work at Yodlee for maintaining these connections. That's why our hands are tied here, so uploading statements is the way to go for the time being.

@Spiyda I think I updated you in another thread about Santander, but to reiterate: their connection is currently down with our data provider because of some changes on the bank's site; thanks for your patience while they work on resolving this.

@bhimabi if this is the case, then it just means that our data provider is only equipped to facilitate the personal DBS account, so I recommend that you click the option to submit a request directly in the Bank Connections page (you can type out your whole bank's name, and when it doesn't come up, you'll be prompted with "can't find your bank?", and you can submit it there).

• SpiydaSpiyda Member Posts: 4

The connection to Santander is currently working, it seems to have been a temporary problem. Always scary when it is getting close to financial year end !

• richytrumrichytrum Member Posts: 2

Last Wednesday my connections to HancockWhitney and Investar Bank stopped with this error message... "There is a technical issue between your bank and Wave. We're on the case. Attempt to update in a few days..." Is anyone else having this problem... And is there a solution in sight?

• ramyaramkrsnramyaramkrsn Member Posts: 1

@anilk2100 said:
    Hi, I am still not able to connect my ICICI Corporate India Bank account, it is demanding Corporateid and Corporateid.userid, but I need loginid for connecting, can you please update the link with the new one. which can have both Corporateid.userid or loginid. single corporateid box is not necessary for login.

Thanks

Hi Anilk2100 - any update on connecting ICICI corporate bank account since then? Since their update to new login system the connection to wave is broken and not able to reestablish.
    @Wave team, when can you fix the login/connect with ICICI Corporate Bank India account and Wave?

• JulesVictorJulesVictor Member Posts: 2

It did not work as I have tried it repeatedly. Please help

@ramyaramkrsn and @JulesVictor (presuming you were commenting on the ICICI connection) I just checked with our data provider, and they're claiming that--as of today--they've been able to identify the root cause of the issue, and are close to resolving it! I recommend refreshing the connection sometime later this week, and checking in here for a more exact update after.

• JulesVictorJulesVictor Member Posts: 2

Thank you for your reply. I need to connect my bank or I will not get paid for my work.

• bookboy22bookboy22 Member Posts: 1

Has anyone run into this? Trying to connect with banking institution of Boeing Employees Credit Union. After following the prompts, logging in, etc., instead of allowing to move forward as the instructions show above, I get a text from BECU with a security code to use for Wave. But WAVE doesn't accept it or is a place to put it in, so the transaction fails and I get kicked out. Any solution for this?

• trynamanageSDtrynamanageSD Member Posts: 1

I want to see a list of banks that are compatible

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I apologize about the ongoing issues we are experiencing between our third-party bank connection, Wave, and individual banks. Unfortunately with bank connections, even with the best efforts of all parties involved, we can never guarantee with 100% certainty that specific connections can or will be totally functional. We work hard in conjunction with our banking partner to offer as many stable connections as possible, and neither we nor they want anyone to end up in the situation where their bank won’t connect. That being said, we try to provide viable alternatives for situations where a connection is temporarily or more permanently unavailable, such as the bank statement upload or our new integration with Google Sheets, Wave Connect

The instructions provided above are both our, and our customer’s, best options for troubleshooting bank connections. In situations in which a bank connection was previously successful, but has suddenly stopped importing transactions, or have imported those transactions incorrectly, there may be additional steps we can take to try and get the data errors fixed and the transactions coming through. If either of these situations pertain to your particular connection issue, please submit a ticket to our Support team here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

By submitting a ticket, we are able to better gather information and track incidents for more thorough reporting to our data provider, in pursuit of fixing banking connection and data issues. That being said, even in these situations, we still cannot guarantee we or our banking data provider will be able to remedy the situation. To shed a little more light on the situation, providing bank connections is incredibly complex, as each financial institution will have it’s own internal infrastructure that our data provider then needs to translate into a universal format that can be uploaded into Wave accounts. In addition, banks frequently update their internal infrastructures and systems for security purposes. As such there can be a number of situations in which two or more infrastructures or data sets are or can become incompatible. Our data provider works diligently to remain compatible with their current institutions, as well as establish compatibility with those they don’t offer a connection for yet.

We are exploring ways to overcome these difficulties and connection issues, including clearer bank connection statuses which would allow users the ability to monitor the connection with their financial institution, as well as what percentage of users are currently experiencing a stable connection with said bank.

• thomsg03thomsg03 Member Posts: 1

I bank with The Royal Bank of Scotland. Business account suddenly stopped syncing two weeks ago. Wave have emailed me an alert. Troubleshooting does not solve the problem. Is anyone else experiencing this problem with RBS in the UK.

• billieu11_ADWbillieu11_ADW Member Posts: 1

I have BECU and havnt been able to update transactions for 12 days.. Any idea if this will change? If not I need to delete my account.

• surfingthewavesurfingthewave Member Posts: 5

Hi,

By following a different but related thread, it appears dozens of Wave users are unable to connect to their banks right now.

This is from a Wave admin writing on that thread:

I just double checked on our end and it looks like our data aggregator is experiencing a 100% failed connection as of roughly March 6th, though with a lot of these errors that's not to say many accounts weren't experiencing the error before this date. Unfortunately there isn't an ETA yet, but feel free to check back with us to see if we do have an update about this timeline.

What is up, Wave? Are you planning to send e-mails out to inform us about this system-wide problem, and more importantly, its solution?

Please respond.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @surfingthewave . The response on that post was actually in relation to a specific financial institution that another one of our users was enquiring about. There is currently no system-wide outage with our Banking Partner, although in situations like that one, there are sometimes known outages with specific banks.

@thomsg03 @billieu11_ADW . As Sam mentioned above, because your connections were once functioning and have now stopped, feel free to reach out to our Support team via the link he provided so that we can try and troubleshoot the issue further for you.

Hi @alexlewiszarkos, are you sure about that? I had a chat with someone at Wave this morning and they confirmed that there is a bigger issue going on here, that it's not just an issue with my bank in particular, or any one bank in particular.

• schexnailderschexnailder Member Posts: 10

@zuza said:

Zuza,

This was the response from IberiaBank:

Thank you for your inquiry. In December we made a change to our website. It now requires for third party applications to allow you to enter a verification code. The software must be updated by the developer to allot for the change.> @Ryan_W said:

@schexnailder and @GoBrownie in this case with Iberia, the refrain for "the developers to update" doesn't actually refer to us; it refers to the engineers that work at Yodlee for maintaining these connections. That's why our hands are tied here, so uploading statements is the way to go for the time being.

Ryan, this is the response to me from IberiaBank:

"Is there a way you can send me the connlog.txt from WAVE?
    This will allow us to see what is going on when WAVE tries to connect to Iberiabank."

• zuzazuza Member Posts: 31 admin

Hey @schexnailder, @GoBrownie and @CBert, finally some good news. I have just heard that the long wait is over and IBERIA bank is up and running again.

Could you please try reconnecting and let me know how it goes?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @surfingthewave. Wave supports over 10,000 banking/credit union institutions, so it's definitely possible that more than a few are having connection issues (as shown in the threads that you are referring). I had the chance to read over the chat that you had with some of our support team members. I can assure you that there aren't any known/specific issues with our data partner regarding the overall scheme of bank connections -- they are usually site/bank specific. One thing I would like to mention is that banks are constantly changing their security API which may prevent 3rd parties (such as our data provider) from gaining access right away, since our data provider would need to catch up with the banks API to connect properly. I'm going to send you a support ticket email so we can investigate your specific connection as well, as our data provider isn't reporting any known issues with your credit union.

edited March 28, 2019

Thanks @jamieD. I appreciate this note and the e-mail. It's unfortunate that all of my other attempts to get some help on this prior to you have not been as clear or as helpful. The last person I chatted with at Wave confirmed that this was a system issue, not just an issue with my bank. He was a manager. I'm still confused about why the information from Wave isn't consistent, but let's just move onward toward a solution.

This discussion has been closed.