Connect your bank account to Wave

Comments

• angelasangelas Member Posts: 1

When I connected my account and imported it only went back 3 days even though I chose as far back as possible. what can I do to get it to at least go to the first of the year?

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @angelas - in this case I'd recommend trying to remove the connection and reconnecting entirely, and my apologies about this. Certain banks will place a restriction on how far back they can go (usually 90 days), but 3 days seems a little out of the ordinary. As a caution though, this will likely duplicate the transactions which have already been imported, though you should be able to remove the duplicates. Barring this, to import the historical transactions you could always use our bank statement upload or Google Sheets integration, Wave Connect

• shepbsshepbs Member Posts: 1

Just a FYI, but Huntington Bank does not work either.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@shepbs Thanks for reaching out here! I do think you would find value in submitting a support ticket in this situation, that way our team can troubleshoot the issues with your connection with you, rather than you going it alone. If we notice it's worth escalating up to our data provider, we can create an internal service request that allows us to track these and hopefully get a resolution out of them; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• KateMKateM Member Posts: 1

Hello, I was able to connect my BECU account after a few tries but it was no longer connected when I logged into Wave the next day. Now I can't get it to reconnect and I keep getting one-time verification code texts from BECU. Is Wave no longer able to connect to BECU? Please advise so I know whether to move on to another invoicing site or not. Thank you.

Hey @KateM. As it stands right now, there are no issues reported from our data provider for your particular bank/connection. With that said, it is always best to follow the troubleshooting steps outlined in this help centre article here; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003087843-How-do-I-troubleshoot-my-bank-connection- -- if these steps fail to assist you with the problem, please submit a support request so we can further investigate what's going on here. https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• GoBrownieGoBrownie Member Posts: 6

@zuza

on April 2nd I sent you this direct msg and have still not received an update. I am still unable to connect after your previous post that IBERIA Bank was once again working. Please see the original msg below.

Thank you

@zuza
    I have attempted to connect :to my bank (IBERIA BANK (US)) and here is the message I receive from wave:

We've only recently started connecting to your bank and we're still working out some issues. Please try updating/connecting again in a few days. If your transactions still don't appear in Wave, visit our help center to investigate the problem.

Is there something that I should be doing differently then trying to update my credentials/settings?

Thank You

edited May 2, 2019
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @GoBrownie . If you haven't fully disconnected / reconnected your Iberia connection since the fix, I would recommend doing so. Clicking the update button may not actually prompt the connection to reconnect in the way that it needs, which is why a full disconnect / reconnect might be the solution you need.

• postmodernpostmodern Member Posts: 2

Is it possible to connect an EU bank as I live in Italy?

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @postmodern, thanks for reaching out! If your bank is not appearing in the list on our Bank Connections page, then I'm afraid our data provider does not currently have access to that connection. We do rely fully on a third party aggregator to draw all of our connections, this help centre article will explain that some more.

You may need to consider uploading your statements into Wave or Wave Connect, which is Wave's official add-on for Google Sheets and this help centre article explains how to get that to work for you!

• JamrJamr Member Posts: 37

NBKC bank will no longer connect. Please post how to fix.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Jamr , thanks for reaching out, I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with your connection. As a start I recommend following the troubleshooting steps in this help centre article. If you are still having issues with the connection I recommend uploading your statements directly to Wave or Wave Connect.

Wave does rely solely on a third party data aggregator to draw all of the connections we offer with over 10,000 connected banks, it's no surprise that at any time a few may be experiencing connection problems. And unfortunately, since the connections are handled by a third party, many of the issues with bank connections are outside of Wave’s immediate control. This article explains that a bit more.

• fidofido Member Posts: 16

My ASB Bank (NZ) connection is still showing "Your bank is not currently supported by Wave. You can still keep your bookkeeping up to date by uploading a bank statement."
    It's been 3 months and 2 weeks since this stopped working. I have tried to re-enter credentials but same message.

Pocketsmith has been working with Yodlee/ASB and according to them Yodlee has resolved many of the issues and most of their customers are now getting their bank feeds successfully. Can someone at Wave please contact Yodlee regarding this issue and work on a resolution and provide an update?

If I have to manually download and upload bank transactions then Wave no longer has the advantage of auto feeds (one of the main reasons I signed up was that I don't want to do this manually).

edited May 31, 2019
  • SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @Fido - I've submitted a request with Yodlee in this case. From what I'm seeing on their backend, they are still not supporting ASB Bank (NZ) in that all the connections have been totally disabled. This should be true for any service that uses Yodlee in that the connections they provide are for all of their customers. I'm wondering if they've specifically been running test cases with Pocketsmith-based connections for rolling out re-establishment of said connection. Hopefully I/we hear back soon and can offer more insight.

• fidofido Member Posts: 16
    Thanks @Samd. Look forward to hearing more.
  • ChristineJChristineJ Member Posts: 2

I can't connect! It spins and then goes blank. It doesn't give me any options to add a bank, it's just a blank page! Help! Thanks :)

Hey @ChristineJ. In this situation my suggestion is that you do a bit of browser troubleshooting here (so clearing your cached data/cookies) and then make sure that you are using the latest version of Chrome or FireFox as your browser. From there, try re-adding the connection to see if that helps!

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@Urbscaburb In the new version of the software, you can click on the transaction and it will show "From Bank Import" as well as the day the transaction imported. Here's a screenshot:

When you receive a payment through Wave, the invoice payment that is automatically created by Wave shows the amount that is to land in your Payment account and then the transaction split within the details (which includes the total invoice value). I've attached another screenshot to show you what I mean!

Let me know if this answers your question!

edited July 15, 2019
  • telizateliza Member Posts: 1

Hi, I keep getting a message saying that one or more fields were left blank and there is a circle spinning around, which is not the case. I really want to use your software but I need my bank account to be attached. Please help! Thanks Alison

• MDPMDP Member Posts: 3

Hi my bank account is connected and i can see the transactions on my statement but they are not importing any more. They did at first and every time i refreshed it worked but now it doesn't import the new data.

• Offshorekaj500Offshorekaj500 Member Posts: 3

I simply cannot connect Wave to my account with Santander Bank UK

• craftygirlcraftygirl Member Posts: 9

I love that my local bank is not part of the Wave family. However, it will only see my personal acct and savings account and NOT the business account. Is there a limit to the number of accounts??

@craftygirl said:
    I love that my local bank is finally a part of the Wave family. However, it will only see my personal acct and savings account and NOT the business account. Is there a limit to the number of accounts??

• MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

Hi @teliza , this issue may be fixed by a bit of browser troubleshooting. Wave works best with the updated versions of Chrome, FireFox and Edge. I'd recommend using one of these browsers, if you not using one already. Could you please try clearing your browser cookies and cache and log into Wave through an incognito/private browsing session, then try connecting the account again?

edited August 2, 2019

@MDP , when a bank connection is active, it will update with new transactions every 1-3 days. Are you seeing that the bank connection never updates unless you click the Update Now button yourself?

@Offshorekaj500 , I'm sorry to hear of those troubles. Are you getting any specific error messages when you try to connect?

@craftygirl , bank connections in Wave are facilitated by a third party provider of secure bank data connections. While they do actively maintain connections to over 10,000 financial institutions, you will find that certain banks are not supported. If you are unable to locate your bank in the bank connections search, I'd recommend clicking the "Can't find your bank" option to request that your bank be supported in the future. While we cannot guarantee that your requested bank will be supported, we do recommend uploading statements to Wave or using Wave Connect in the meantime. I've included some links below to help with uploading statements and for Wave Connect:

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621556-Upload-bank-and-credit-card-statements

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-

edited August 2, 2019

thanks for your reply. I was confusing in my note - i said my bank wasn't supported, then I amended that to say it is. HOWEVER, only 2 of the 3 accounts at that bank will connect to Wave. Is there a limit to how many you can have at one bank?
    Thank you
    Dana

@craftygirl Thanks for the clarification Dana, there isn't a limit to how many connections that a user can have at a single bank.

only 2 of the 3 accounts at that bank will connect to Wave.

On the Bank Connections page, do all 3 accounts show up in Wave, but you are unable to get one of the accounts to import or do you only see 2 accounts? I'd be happy to take a closer look into your specific bank connection. Can you please send me a DM with the primary email address you use for Wave?

edited August 6, 2019

sent you a DM

• tdculverhousetdculverhouse Member Posts: 1

Hi Wave - I'm interested to know whether it is true that you are to stop allowing bank connections for UK accounts. I have a number of clients using the software and I want to be sure that if I recommend this that I know what the software will and won't do. The clients I have that do use waves love it. Thanks, Tim @ Swift Accounting.

• SelwynBaseballSelwynBaseball Member Posts: 1

Hi. Trying to connect to my bank account using all the correct information but doesn't seem to be working. Used to work but not now.

This discussion has been closed.