Connect your bank account to Wave

Comments

• VikTH0RVikTH0R Member Posts: 21

My balance is gone from Banking > Connected Accounts same like in last pictures.
    Do I have to delete and re connect with bank again or I already connected with new aggregator.

• Old aggregator was with dashboard info
    • new aggregator move dashboard out and and show balance (Banking > Connected Accounts) it is terrible actually
    • newest aggregator?
      Support answer like: "Your account has recently been switch to our new third party baking data provider. At this time, not all banks have provided their Balance integration to allow us to display balances. Our new bank data provider is always working to bring these improvements to more financial institutions, so the list of supported institutions continues to grow."
      sorry but I am lost
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. If you can't find your bank or you're having issues importing transactions, Wave has a couple of options when it comes to uploading your transactions without a bank connection:

Using our CSV uploader. With the proper formatting, you are able to download a CSV document containing all of your transactions from your online banking website, and upload them directly to Wave.

The easier method in my opinion, WAVE CONNECT allows you to upload or download transactional data, invoices, customer lists, etc, into a Google spreadsheet. See this image below of what Wave Connect looks like:
    image All you need to do is input the transactional information into a template that is generated through the add-on feature in Google sheets and it auto-populates right into your Wave account once you've validated the data.

@VikTH0R can you post a photo of your Connected Accounts page so I can take a further look?

edited January 9, 2020
  • chrisschroeder2chrisschroeder2 Member Posts: 6

@VikTH0R said:
    My balance is gone from Banking > Connected Accounts same like in last pictures.
    Do I have to delete and re connect with bank again or I already connected with new aggregator.

• Old aggregator was with dashboard info
    • new aggregator move dashboard out and and show balance (Banking > Connected Accounts) it is terrible actually
    • newest aggregator?
      Support answer like: "Your account has recently been switch to our new third party baking data provider. At this time, not all banks have provided their Balance integration to allow us to display balances. Our new bank data provider is always working to bring these improvements to more financial institutions, so the list of supported institutions continues to grow."
      sorry but I am lost

Same here... It worked great until the new "update". I'm sure those who didn't have it before don't miss it. But those of us who made this the standard workflow, to check all business indicators in one place are missing it. Please allow us to revert until it is as useful as before. BTW it was way more important to at least have the daily balance to keep an eye on than saving a few minutes on updating.

Thanks,
    Chris

• sirinmesirinme Member Posts: 8

I'm unable to resume transactions import from my Wells Fargo accounts after the recent "update". I keep getting the error message that multi-factor authentication is not supported for this bank. Really!!?? It used to work just fine before the update and I'd think a major bank like Wells Fargo would continue to be supported after the update too. C'mon, guys...any update?

• GreatTweaksGreatTweaks Member Posts: 2

Bank of America Business Credit Card Accounts list each Business Credit Card Account as sub accounts under a Corporate Account umbrella. The corporate account does not hold/show any transactions. You have to import the Credit Card account to get any transactions. You did this prior to the shift to the new process. Under the new process the Umbrella Corporate account is shown and no sub accounts are show so the active credit card account can not be selected. Can this get fixed?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @chrisschroeder2! Thanks for your feedback here. While we have changed data provider we are taking the opportunity to work on this feature. We realize this is a handy and important feature for users to have. I currently do not have an ETA on when it will released. You mentioned that displaying the daily balance was most important to you. Is there anything else you would like to see with this feature? I'd be happy to pass this on to our team!

Hi @sirinme! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Wells Fargo account reconnecting. I see you have submitted a support request with our team. Keep an eye out in your email as we will be following up with you there with further details!

Hey @GreatTweaks! It sounds like this credit card account type is not yet supported I'm afraid. Our data provider is working on increasing the amount of business accounts that are supported for connections but I don't have an ETA on when this would be. In the meantime I recommend using our CSV uploader or Wave Connect to help get your transactional data into your account.

National Bank of Canada Business Banking
    "Our new bank data provider couldn’t accurately match your previously connected financial institutions.
    Search and select them to resume transaction import."
    Any ETA when new aggregator will have NBC business?

• Colin_B_4Colin_B_4 Member Posts: 1

I want to talk to a person. I have been trying to connect my bank account for three weeks now and it always says the connection is temparily down, I call B.S. This is a real pain for me. It worked fine until Wave upgraded for years. I need to connect to my business account at first national bank Alaska. Please help me do this. please call me at ********** or email me at akfjordcharters@gmail.com with a number I can call.

edited January 29, 2020
  • Sugartree_Farms1Sugartree_Farms1 Member Posts: 2

Unable to connect to my bank. I type in the security code that is sent by my bank but Wave does not accept it.

• Sugartree_Farms1Sugartree_Farms1 Member Posts: 2

Wave is unable to acknowledge the two factor authentication when I submit it. This is so frustrating. I will be sticking with Zipbooks.

• PapisKitchen1PapisKitchen1 Member Posts: 1

I’m trying To upload my fidelity bank account but it won’t give me the feature for the Fidelity Business account it’s only doing a personal account fidelity has a business app as well as a personal app your app won’t pull up fidelity business app as a choice

WAVE update my banking week ago, I setup TD bank and everything was fine but at next day balance banking status is empty, I was waiting more than 72 hours but still empty. Any suggestion?

• juditapellajuditapella Member Posts: 2

I have sent help requests regarding my BMO Harris Account that was previously importing now will not connect! I have tried for over a week to reconnect and it is saying the connectionis temporarily down. But it has been over a week. When will this be resoloved? I need this information to be imported for tax purposes. Also, CIBC I have 3 accounts not importing and the pop up for the credentials will not take them. I need some feed back on how to fix this issue.

• gra8fulgra8ful Member Posts: 4

Reconnected my bank and asked for transactions to pull from 1/1/2020. Instead it pulled back all the way to 2016 when I opened. Help line won't do anything except tell me to delete duplicates. My entire accounting for my business is wrong and I have spent the whole day trying to get 2019 correct so I can file taxes. I'm in tears. Should have known better than to use a free acctg service.

• MuskierMuskier Member Posts: 2

I cannot connect to our National Bank of Canada Business accounts that were previously importing since the changes. Does anyone know if there's a plan to reinstate National Bank Business account connections?

edited January 29, 2020
  • KEGSKEGS Member Posts: 3

I have had the same issue connecting to BMO Harris as others, waiting weeks to connect This happened last year at the same time right before year end taxes. Is there any resolution? WTF? How am I to do book keeping?

• Jon_DJon_D Member Posts: 2

I still cannot connect my bank account since the upgrade (it was previously connected and importing with no issues). Now when I try to reconnect to Manulife Bank of Canada, Wave keeps saying my credentials are incorrect. Please help ASAP as I need to accept payments from clients. Thanks!

• NOYADESIGNSNOYADESIGNS Member Posts: 2

Like the people down below, I can't connect my bank account to Wave. This is a BRAND NEW bank account... So, not sure what the hold up is! I'm stuck at the security questions sector. It keeps on asking me for the exact same questions over and over and over again!

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @VikTH0R

Sadly we don't have any ETA's regarding when connections will exist in Wave :disappointed:

@Colin_B_4

My apologies you're experiencing this issue. I see that you reached out via ticket to our support team. Your payments account should not be affected but you can always enter the direct deposit details manually:

Also some users with MFA issues are likely experiencing difficulty if they have MFA security and OTP (one time password) turned on on their banks side. Plaid does not support OTP at this time.

We're also currently experiencing some issues with RBC at the moment but our team is investigating this.

If you haven't tried heading to Banking > Connected accounts > Connect account and try searching for your bank in the search bar. Often times there may be a more appropriate connection here for your particular account

If you notice that the accounts are not there then it's not likely supported at this time however plaid is growing and acquiring banks and new accounts daily.

I realize bank isn't updated from January 20th. I turn OFF chequing account turn ON, I have duplicated transaction for this account from July/August 2018 unbelievable. PLEASE BE CAREFUL with that, now it is mess in transaction table.
    But as I say before I have 0 new transactions for 10 Days still the same. It is mean new aggregator doesn't connect with BANK. I have few account different banks same situation.

edited January 29, 2020

@BarsinA said:
    Hey @VikTH0R

Sadly we don't have any ETA's regarding when connections will exist in Wave :disappointed:

I am not sure if we are on the same page with support. But As I say today I did ON/OFF TD bank account I have ness with transaction table with duplication transactions but I DIDN'T HAVE NEW TRANSACTIONS from January 20th approximately.
    Also no online support.
    0 answers on email TT

@Muskier said:
    I cannot connect to our National Bank of Canada Business accounts that were previously importing since the changes. Does anyone know if there's a plan to reinstate National Bank Business account connections?

Same for me. NBC Business isn't exist with new "improvement"

• bigjordbigjord Member Posts: 1

Seems like many people are having the same issue - can no longer connect a bank account (mine is BMO) that was previously connected with no issue. While I appreciate Wave's attempt at resolving our issue by suggesting we manually import our bank transactions via Wave Connect or CSV - this is simply impractical and completely negates one of the major benefits of using an online accounting service such as Wave.

I hope Wave can sort out this problem soon, otherwise I will definitely be looking around at other online accounting platforms. Shame because otherwise I do really like Wave!! Figure it out guys pls. Everything was great before!! Why update and ruin it all?!

• AngeAnge Member Posts: 3

Hi, there! I'm also unable to connect our new bank accounts to Wave. We're big fans of your accounting software and hope this can be resolved soon. Good luck!

• MuskierMuskier Member Posts: 2

Just an update, same again today (Feb. 1 2020) - no support for National Bank of Canada Business accounts.

• JimHJimH Member Posts: 27

I wanted to put my vote in for getting back the manual refresh on bank transactions. I'm sitting here waiting for 13 hours since the last one. It is crippling my ability to work with current records while doing my books. In the old one, anything new refreshed in seconds or minutes with a refresh.

This needs to come back! It's a deal breaker for me, and I'm off to QuickBooks online if it doesn't.

• breannevsmith89breannevsmith89 Member Posts: 1

Trying to connect my RBC accounts since middle of January. Was working fine at the end of December. HELP!

• JulieJaoJulieJao Member Posts: 2

Since the upgrade I cannot connect my checking account. My savings account comes up but not my checking account which is the one I really need. I read about downloading a CSV file from my bank and then uploading to WAV but if that's how I have to do it I'd rather use another program. I hope WAV fixes this soon. The last day that I was able to connect was Jan 7 2020.

• JimHJimH Member Posts: 27

My CIBC bank will finally connect after numerous errors telling me CIBC is to blame. Then it goes days without importing. I'm seeing these reports everywhere on numerous banks since the new update. I used to get this regularly on the old system too, also with the fault placed on my bank. I have a different theory: The banks don't want to deal with Wave. I doubt you see this with QuickBooks or SAGE. The banks are always changing security, and Wave has never kept on top of that well. I'm sure the banks don't hold "free" bookkeeping programs in the highest regard either, and it seems obvious CIBC for one doesn't go out of their way to accommodate Wave.

edited February 4, 2020
  • VintageOutLoudVintageOutLoud Member Posts: 1

I got a Capital One 360 online checking specifically for my small business so that business partners in three states had equal access to it and I cannot link that to Wave which is of no fault to Wave. Moving forward I wish there was a better resource to type in a bank name and confirm ahead of time that a certain bank will link before I go to through the effort of opening another account. Yes I see the logos of the top contenders but those are not ideal for my needs.

This discussion has been closed.