Connect your bank account to Wave

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ian1123 and @lust14. Unfortunately, as @lust14 has found, there has been an ongoing connectivity issue with Chase that ends up making that connection process spotty, at best. Our developers are very aware of how much of a pain this is, however, the buck lays with our third-party bank aggregators. We've been keeping an eye on these types of connections to look towards a resolution, but for the time being, we'll need to wait. I understand that's not a great solution, and we have the ability to let you upload bank statements in the meantime, but we absolutely appreciate your continued patience.

Hey @razwerks! Just to be clear, are you trying to connect your bank in order to import transactions, or in order to process payments? If it's the latter, and you're based in North America (which it would appear you are), you should be able to connect to your banking institution manually from the Sales > Payments setup process. You can enter in several 0s in the search bar in order to be prompted to enter that information manually. Let me know if that works out!

• ShaunShaun Member Posts: 2

I found this article because I was looking to REMOVE an account (I closed a bank account and needed to switch to another account to receive my payouts.)

I figured out going to Settings at the bottom sidebar and then to Payouts and then to Update Bank Details I was able to remove the account.

• ngubeladzengubeladze Member Posts: 3

i am from Georgia ( country ) , how I can connect my bank account ( card) to waves?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Shaun

Thanks for reaching out regarding how to delete your bank connection while your payments account is setup. As you may have already discovered your central banking (payments, bank connection, and payroll account) are all connected. In order for you to remove your bank connection you would need to remove your payments account (and payroll too if you were subscribed).

• KimportefeuilleKimportefeuille Member Posts: 4

Hi I have tried to connect Desjardins personnel bank , it doesn't work. It request me information but It can't connect .
    I have with other bank is ok, but desjardins doesn't ? Can you tell me what is the problem please

• ASminkASmink Member Posts: 1

Hi, I would like to connect my business bank account to my business in Wave.
    I can see the "Banking" menu item under personal but not when I select the business I want to connect.

Do I connect it to personal and then link it to a business?

can I connect bank ( card) acount, if my bank is in Georgia country >

Hey @Kimportefeuille

So although we support over 1500 banks, not every account appears unfortunately. It's likely that your personal bank accounts are not available for connecting to Wave. My apologies :(

Hi @ASmink

I hate to be the bearer of bad news however since you're a user in a country where we don't support bank connections, you will need to manually upload your transactions.

Hello @ngubeladze

Have you tried heading to Banking > Bank connections? If so are you able to connect your bank here? Let us know.

• NS_AUSNS_AUS Member Posts: 1

Hi there, my understanding was that Wave was discontinuing this feature on 1st of January and that importing bank statements manually was the way moving forward.. any update on this?

I'm sure you've seen the heat you guys have been getting for pulling such a standard feature out and leaving your users back in a more primitive time, making both their workflow less efficient and even jeopardising some people's businesses from the looks of things.

Would appreciate some clarification before I go signing up to another service, thank you.

• rreemerrreemer Member Posts: 1

I don't see a Banking option in the left menu... why might that be?

Hey there @NS_AUS

We're directing users to this thread to offer more insight. I know that our team is currently going to release more comments about this here soon. Thanks for reaching out about it.

https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/6241/changes-to-bank-connection-availability-outside-of-the-us-and-canada/p1

Hey @rreemer

It may be that you're a UK user where we don't offer bank connections, or you're a newly signed up user outside of North America where your banking option is not available anymore. Again the thread above has more information regarding this.

hello @BarsinA, yes, I try this. in the list of banks there is no one bank of my country , like TBC bank or Bank of Georgia. if I do something wrong, can you support me to link this bank to your system? thanks

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @ngubeladze . It's possible that our data aggregator hasn't extended the list of banks to banks in Georgia yet. Because your bank isn't listed, when searching for it you can scroll to the bottom of the list and select "Can't find your bank" to send in a request.

Just a heads up, please be aware that we are discontinuing any bank connections outside of Canada and the US on January 1st. I'd recommend trying to import any bank statements using Wave Connect to get transactions into Wave.

• GabrielGurrolaGabrielGurrola Member Posts: 1

I have WF bank connected on both my Business and Personal accounts. But on my personal WF account, I can see my WF BUS CC. How do I connect my WF Business CC to my waves Business account?

• FV78723FV78723 Member Posts: 1

When I search banks Frost Bank does not show up. Does wave just not support some banks. I'm ok with not being able to import transactions directly from the bank. However I still need to be able to connect to the bank for payroll.

edited November 15, 2019

Hey @GabrielGurrola . I see that you were in touch with Carlo yesterday. He's let me know that he's submitting a ticket to our product team to figure out what's going on here and then he'll be following up with you on it.

Hey @FV78723 . We have a way around this for accepting money. When searching for your bank, input in dummy info (something like "00000") which should cause Wave not to find any banks and prompt you to enter in your details manually. From there, we can push the funds to your bank account with the info you've provided.

• KernowtimKernowtim Member Posts: 2

Just signed up here in the UK - I cannot find how to connect my bank account? It's the main reason I signed up... Can anyone guide me please?
    Thanks

• Cliff_faulder187Cliff_faulder187 Member Posts: 2

I live in the uk and I have funds in my wave account and can not attach a bank account to them so i can withdraw my money how can i do this please.
    Cliff

Hi @Kernowtim . We've discontinued bank connections outside of Canada and the US so you won't be able to connect your bank account for bookkeeping purposes. Your next best bet would be to import statements through Wave Connect which is much easier than manually adding transactions.

Hey @Cliff_faulder187 . If you've accepted a payment through the invoice and you're in the UK, this means that Stripe is the one processing your payments. You should be able to access your Stripe dashboard through Sales > Credit Card Payments, although if you're in need of some more assistance, feel free to reach out to them directly at Stripe Support.

• LisaGLisaG Member Posts: 2

How do I disconnect the bank connection before 31 December?

Hi @LisaG . You can disconnect your bank connections by heading over to the Banking > Bank Connections page in Wave.

• LisaGLisaG Member Posts: 2

Hi @AlexL, unfortunately the path you provide to disconnect the bank connection shows as error 404, ie. cannot access that page. I am in South Africa.

Also do you know how to send customer statements as a run and not one by one?

edited December 4, 2019
  • Sammie1968Sammie1968 Member Posts: 1

Wave is not allowing my bank to connect. I checked with my bank and everything is ok on their end. I need this corrected. Thanks

@LisaG , looks like your last message was missed, so I apologize for the late response here. Were you able to access the Bank Connections page? In regards to Customer Statements, they do in fact have to be sent one by one, although with the new statements that we have releasing they will update as the customer pays invoices.

Hi @Sammie1968 , are you receiving any sort of error message when trying to connect? Let me know.

• John157John157 Member Posts: 2

I would be really helpful if you would address why this is safe. I've used Wave for a while, and I think they can be trusted, but it's unsettling to on one page read that Wave will use a readonly connection, and when setting up, have a dialog asking for exactly the same credentials I'd use to login to my bank. The fact that the dialog utilizes the same color scheme as my bank isn't enough. Even if I trust Wave, what about the company that buys Wave? the company Wave outsources to? the company that buys them?

edited December 31, 2019
  • ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @John157! I totally hear you, and I'd want to ensure the security of any connection or company that's associated with my banking information. I'd recommend, for a more in-depth breakdown of our security and safety, reading up on our security page here. It's linked in that article as well, but here is where you can see our level 1 PCI-DSS compliance.

• RuthARuthA Member Posts: 1

I tried the above steps, but received an error message: "Account not Supported. Multifactor authentication is not currently supported for this account. Please log in using a different account." I only have 1 business banking account, so I need to link this account. I received the same error message when trying to link my business credit card.

• vanspvansp Member Posts: 8

STILL NOT WORKING! put a ticket in with you and with LMCU and no one has a answer.

• E7ikaE7ika Member Posts: 2

my bank connection option is gone!

• erlymcerlymc Member Posts: 1
    I established a new account but cannot find my bank in the options. It is a large regional bank. How can I add it manually? If I can’t, I’ll need to close my Wave account.
This discussion has been closed.