Connect your bank account to Wave

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@tdculverhouse Hey Tim. I'm afraid this is correct. We're ending Bank Connections for Wave's UK and EU users due to the Open Banking regulations that are coming soon for users located in this part of the world. To find out more info on this, check out the specific section of our forum for it in the link below:

https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/5165/changes-to-bank-connections-in-the-uk-eu/p1

@SelwynBaseball Have you tried deleting your connection and reconnecting? Are you receiving any error messages or is it just not pulling transactions in at all?

edited August 12, 2019
  • Darren_Streete1Darren_Streete1 Member Posts: 3

Dear Administrator,
    As part of my Bank's log in process, not only do I need to put in the user name and password it is also expecting to selected and answer one of my security questions. However, when attempting to log on through the Wave system it does not show me the security questions for me to enter and therefore currently I am able to attach my account to this Wave Accounting app.

The bank in questions is ADIB in Dubai UAE. Is there a suggestion in how to resolve this, in this circumstance?

• dBarbaradBarbara Member Posts: 1

Hi, I have a Personal account and a Business account (my Business name) on Wave. I don't want to combine the two, but it looks like now I can only import transactions from my bank into one of the accounts at a time, using one or the other of my bank accounts (business or personal checking). Things used to work fine, but now if I sign into my bank from the Wave business account it looks like it deactivates the connection on my personal (Wave) account. Has something changed? I've always had the two Wave accounts (I can select one or the other from the top left of my dashboard). Should they be combined?

• Dainty_DivasDainty_Divas Member Posts: 1

Hi, I bank with a NZ bank - Westpac, and it comes up in the list, but when I click connect... it does nothing??

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey everyone. I do understand the value of pointing out the specific bank connection issues that everyone is experiencing within this help centre article thread. However, I do think that since a lot of these cases are not always common and are mostly singular, it's worth your time to file a support ticket so that one of our agents can pick this up and help resolve the issue. We often need to engage up to our 3rd party data aggregator to investigate these problems further, and the capacity of handling these types of situations over forum threads is less than ideal. We want you, as the user, to have the best support experience possible, and for that to happen for these specific problems (with the bank connection feature) a support ticket to our team is necessary to get to the bottom of the issue. Here is a link to filing a ticket if needed: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

If for some reason you cannot submit a support ticket to Wave, we will need you to confirm the following information and then we can take it to community DMs:

1) The name of the Financial Institution.
    2) The specific accounts that are affected (i.e. Business Checking, Business Credit Card, Personal Checking etc.). Please be as specific as possible.
    3) Are transactions missing, duplicated or incorrect?
    4) Are the missing/erroneous transactions recent?
    5) If transactions are importing, is the balance showing on your Dashboard correct and updating?
    6) Has this connection worked properly in the past?
    7) The Date of the last transaction imported by the bank connection.

@dBarbara -- Bank Connections are added at the account level, so they should be appear for all of the businesses that are associated with your Wave account (under the Bank Connection section). From there, you should be able to select the editing pencil icon beside the specific account, and then choose where it should be importing transactions into.

edited August 28, 2019
  • SanturceSanturce Member Posts: 1

And if you credit union is not on the list? ( US Credit Union)
    Thanks

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Santurce

We support over 1600 banks, but unfortunately not all are on here. Not sure if you've tried the "can't find your bank" feature, this sends a notification to our third party data aggregator to let them know that people are interested in this bank connection

• nico9111nico9111 Member Posts: 2

Hi, I see that Wave support TIAA Bank. However, the connection won't go through. The reason for that might be that the Business account of TIAA Bank requires to input username, password and company ID. Wave's interface only asks for the username and password therefore missing out on the company ID. please advise.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @nico9111 thanks for reaching out! It appears we support TIAA bank, but this may just be for personal banking. Can you confirm the URL of your online banking portal? We can check to see if it is supported. If not, it may be that a connection has not been built out for TIAA Business banking yet. If this is the case, we have other methods for importing your transactional data into Wave! You can check out how to upload a bank statement or the google sheets add-on Wave Connect.

• nico9111nico9111 Member Posts: 2

Hi @EmmaP thanks for getting back to me. Here's the URL
    https://www.tiaabank.com/business
    It's a two step authentication. company + user ID then password

• happydudehappydude Member Posts: 1

I keep getting error saying my account isn't supported. It then says "Please log in using a different account." I'm not sure what to do now. Help me.

• SofosSofos Member Posts: 1

I would like to connect to my business account at HSBC but I don't see "Banking" in the left menu. Where can I find that option please?

• kekkaikekkai Member Posts: 1

I don't see Banking either...

@nico9111 . It looks like Emma is correct on this one, only Personal is supported for TIAA bank. Our data integrator is always building out new connections, so feel free to check back in the future to see if anything has changed.

@happydude please refer to Jamie's post above from August 28th for next steps on troubleshooting your connection.

@Sofos @kekkai Due to the new open banking initiative, Wave has discontinued bank connections with businesses in the EU. Feel free to import statements through Wave Connect which should make the manual process easier for you.

• mdmdesignsmdmdesigns Member Posts: 1

Hello,

I am trying to connect our business bank account with Firstmark credit union, which is listed in the search option. It accepts our login, but then we get a verify your identity pop-up, where it is supposed to send a text to our phone number, but nothing happens. We've tried the text option and waited about 30 minutes, the call option, and nothing happens. How do we fix this?

• CoolBlueCoolBlue Member Posts: 1

What if my bank is not listed?

Hi @mdmdesigns . Please take a look at Jamie's post above on next steps for troubleshooting. You can submit a support ticket if you're still having troubles.

@CoolBlue If your bank is not listed then our Data Aggregator does not currently support the connection with your bank. They are adding new banks regularly so I'd check back again in the future. Until then, feel free to use our Google Sheets integration called Wave Connect which should make manually importing transactions easier for you.

• PastpresentpixPastpresentpix Member Posts: 4

I use Spark Business Checking. But I'm closing my Spark account and switching to Azlo Business Checking. Both are currently connected to Wave. How do I direct all banking activity to Azlo in Wave? (I don't have any Azlo transactions yet)

Hi @Pastpresentpix . To update your payout account in Wave, head over to Settings > Payouts and update to your new account. All payments made after the switch will direct to your Azlo account!

• Tahoe93UB_Tahoe93UB_ Member Posts: 1

The link does not work to connect my bank UmpquaBank.com

Hi @Tahoe93UB_ . What exactly is the issue you're having with it? Are you seeing an error message?

edited October 9, 2019
  • brucehvnbrucehvn Member Posts: 5

I setup a couple account a few months ago when I started using Wave and was evaluating it. I've entered all the data for those accounts mostly manually. I would now like to hook them up so they download automatically and it appears the bank is supported, but is there a way to tie the connected bank account to the existing Wave account I created? If it always creates a new account when making a connection, the new account would not have all the transactions I already added.

Hey @brucehvn . Every time you reconnect your bank account, it recreates a bank account in your chart of account. If you already have the transaction but you need to recreate it, you should be able to bulk move the older transactions to the new account by selecting all of them and changing the account.

• DuschkaDuschka Member Posts: 4

Hi, tried to set us my bank account and it seems that this bank is not supported. Your screen inviting the bank's name etc is not functional !!! How do I solve this ? Thanks Duschka

• Ian1123Ian1123 Member Posts: 2

I have been trying to connect a new bank account but the "Enter your credentials" page has an endless spinning disk and nowhere to enter username and/or password. I have tried multiple browsers with the same results. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to remedy this issue.

Hi @Duschka . So to confirm, we don't offer connection with that specific bank? If this is the case, I'm afraid this means that at the moment we don't offer an integration with the bank at the moment, but our data aggregator who runs these connections is constantly adding new banks, so check back soon!

Hi @Ian1123 Can you try accessing this page through incognito mode in Chrome? Which bank are you trying to connect to?

• DuschkaDuschka Member Posts: 4

Thanks @AlexL for your comment. At least I know I am not missing this connection. Will look out for our bank < Bidvest Bank > …. in South Africa > to be added into Wave's system. @Duschka

• Ian1123Ian1123 Member Posts: 2

@AlexL Thank you for the response. I have tried both Chase and Chase Credit card (actually trying to connect a Chase credit card. Both Firefox Private browsing and Chrome Incognito give the same results. I appreciate any other suggestions or recommendations.

• lust14lust14 Member Posts: 1

I've also tried to add a Chase Credit Card on and off (on multiple computer browsers and computers) for 2 months now and all I get is a spinning symbol that shows the area to login trying to load. I don't get that when I click on any other bank other than Chase. I would assume there is an issue with that specific integration.

• razwerksrazwerks Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    So my bank will not connect, there's some kind of two factor authentication and as per them, as of now it won't work. The're a smaller credit union (Orange County's Credit Union). I am not even sending out invoices with Wave because my business bank account isn't connected - so transfering funds would also not be possible. Is there a way to connect my bank account with the routing number and bank account number?
    Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.