How do I troubleshoot my bank connection?

Comments

• RichpalRichpal Member Posts: 9

It appears so. All the positive things that Wave has represented, has completely gone down the drain. I think they must have lost some of their main IT staff or something, cause it's gone from great to just about useless. Instead of bringing out new aspects and features, fix the basic problems first, that made Wave great.

• Jim4Jim4 Member Posts: 1

Will WAVE ever restore my bank connection to Alaska Federal Credit Union. I have been trying ever since it was disconnected.

• TXAggiePMTXAggiePM Member Posts: 1

I'm not seeing the reconnect option, just a warning that the connection is down. Last update was Dec 3rd 2020 and I am expecting another today Dec 28.
    Amarillo National Bank (FiServ platform I believe)

You and tons of others. Wave is looking less and less useful right now.
  • JonVSGJonVSG Member Posts: 1

This has happened to me twice from RBC and the last 40 days there's been no Mastercard or bank transactions imported.
    Extremely frustrating, especially the first time it didn't connect I had to spend days reorganizing to complete corporate taxes.
    I relied solely on Wave to keep the business organized, but I may have been too trusting.

• NaturebitzNaturebitz Member Posts: 2

GTE Financial bank accounts have not imported in 3 weeks. Reconnect just says "try to reconnect later". Is there any way to fix this or should I abandon WAVE for another service?

• NaturebitzNaturebitz Member Posts: 2

@Naturebitz said:
    GTE Financial bank accounts have not imported in 3 weeks. Reconnect just says "try to reconnect later". Is there any way to fix this or should I abandon WAVE for another service?

An update - after trying "reconnect" multiple times, I was finally able to get my accounts to reconnect to GTE Financial. It seemed each attempt made a little progress - first one failed quickly, second one asked me for my security questions....eventually it succeeded.

So if you're having trouble, keep trying to "Reconnect"!

• archsecarchsec Member Posts: 1

Capital One has not been able to connect as a new account or over 3 months. Please advise.

• KathKath Member Posts: 3

JulianP the advice above "feel free to send us an e-mail " is not very nice. Mave will not allow you to email if it's a bank connection issue. Like so many others my bank connection has been broken since October. This does not seem like a "temporary" issue as the message I usually get says.

> @Jeff_P said:
    > So is all the work I've done on my books over the last two years gone? Is there a phone number for Waves??

> @Kath said:
    > JulianP the advice above "feel free to send us an e-mail " is not very nice. Mave will not allow you to email if it's a bank connection issue. Like so many others my bank connection has been broken since October. This does not seem like a "temporary" issue as the message I usually get says.
    Everyone is complaining. Has Wave given up?
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @archsec , since Capital One made some major changes to their system last year, we’ve been experiencing connection issues with the integration that most often prevents connections and transaction imports. The good news is that our data aggregator has recently been able to come to an agreement with Capital One and will be building a new, more stable integration with them. We expect this to be ready for use in Wave in Q1 of 2021. Until that time, try using Wave Connect, our free Google Sheets add-on made for importing and exporting your accounting data. You can find a complete guide for how to get started with it here.

Hi @Kath , Mave is set up to try and help you through the troubleshooting so only certain routes will offer ticket submission based on what the connection issue is. If you type in 'submit a ticket' into the chat, it will allow you to submit a ticket to the team.

edited January 14, 2021
  • JohnnieJohnnie Member Posts: 1

Why is the connection to Fidelity Bank North Carolina and Virginia not working? This is the message
    We can’t import transactions from this financial institution right now.

• ClarityClarity Member Posts: 2

My client had her account connected to US Alaska Credit Union and the transactions flowed fine. Then a few weeks ago, stopped working. we have tried everything with no success. She now wants to go to QuickBooks online. We've made a big investment of time to get Wave working for her. How can I fix this? I see this has been an issue with others.

edited January 20, 2021

i have tried this for my clients for their Alaska Credit Union account and its not working. We are going to move to quickbooksonline if I cant resolve this! I dont want to move them after the investment of time to get them working in Wave. Uploading statements is not really workable it takes too much billable time for my clients.
    Help.

Issues? Maybe its because WAVE WAS ACQUIRED BY HR BLOCK.....Yup.(July 2019) for $400M. Looks like since then things are slowly breaking and not getting fixed, like most recently banking transaction connections. I read all the comments (wish Wave did) and... sorry folks, but looks like you may want to migrate or back up your financial data to a spreadsheet. As it's not looking like this acquisition is going very well for the end users. Here's the article about the sale: https://www.hrblock.com/tax-center/newsroom/around-block/financial-statements/hr-block-completes-acquisition-of-wave-financial/
    HR Block - Wave ..... get your integrations fixed asap or your going to lose your user base. This is a basic reason we love, recommend and use your platform. We do not like to upload spreadsheets (which require time consuming formatting) or manually enter transactions (gasp!).

• Tirzah_WhiteTirzah_White Member Posts: 1

I have a Suntrust Business account and I keep getting a message that my log in is incorrect. I even changed my password just to check and its still not working.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Johnnie , @Clarity , and @Tirzah_White !

I understand that you are all experiencing issues with your bank connections. I'm sorry to hear that as I'm sure this is hindering your accounting workflow. For next steps, please reach out to our support team by submitting a ticket request so one of our agents can assist you directly. They can look into each of your connections and escalate your specific cases to Plaid in necessary.

• mishtcmishtc Member Posts: 18

I had been having intermittent issues, and now I get this message this morning on trying to do my usual daily reconnect of my Royal account. "Your account settings are incompatible. Your account could not be connected because the multi-factor authentication method it uses is not currently supported. Please try a different account." It worked two days ago. It's the freaking ROYAL BANK! It's not like it's some backwoods little credit union that no one has heard of an have only a few members. It's one of the top three banks in all of Canada and you can't play nice with them??

Why we didn't go to Mint is because they wouldn't play nice with PC Financial and we stayed with Wave even though there's no budgeting features and Mint would be better. We stayed ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BANK CONNECTIONS. And now they don't work at all.

I'm 2-seconds away from pulling the plug on everything and truly doing hand ledgers and shoeboxes of receipts. It would be more efficient and accurate.....

• KPSKPS Member Posts: 2

Wave keeps telling us its bank end issue. there new third party transaction company "Plaid" is the issue im told by wave support today. Connected accounts/transactions been an issue since using wave in 2018! i get the same response from wave support. "upload transactions manually."!!! what is the point of paying all the fees for service thats not functioning as advertised. Im about to pull the plug!... get ur *^#@# together wave. connected accounts is fundamental functionally w your competitors or any P&L app!

edited February 1, 2021
  • scottlscottl Member Posts: 1

I clicked on the account and have no option to reconnect on the account or any of my account. I was forced to change my password with my bank and I would like to update the information.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @scottl , if you're looking to update your password, you'll have to delete your connection and re-establish it. You can do so by selecting the trash can to delete, and then selecting Connect Account at the top of the page.

• Sunny_GraphicsSunny_Graphics Member Posts: 3

I'm also having the same problem connecting my bank account. But it appears that it is indeed Plaid, the technology used to connect accounts. I switched to a different accounting software. Turns out they use Plaid too and transactions are not auto-importing there either. It's not Wave. Ugh....so frustrating.

edited February 22, 2021
  • TFerrisTFerris Member Posts: 2

I got a replacement credit card with a different account number and now I can't get my card to connect under the new number. I have archived the old account

• GaurangGaurang Member Posts: 1

I had 2 CIBC account connected but the every 1-2 week it is getting disconnected and I start receiving email "Your account connection isn’t working right now". so finally I have removed them from connected accounts. Is they any specific integration issue with CIBC as my TD connection is working perfectly good.

• KelseaKelsea Member Posts: 3

Also having issues with my BofA accounts - tried disconnecting and reconnecting still not working. Hopefully WAVE has some insights!

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hey @Sunny_Graphics, sorry to hear the issue followed you even onto another accounting software! Oftentimes, a Financial Institution will make some security updates to their website, or changes to their backend API, which then has a direct impact on their integrations with third parties, such as Wave. When this happens, our third-party banking data aggregator, Plaid, may lose the connection, and needs to establish a new one. I took a look at the bank connection on your accounts and it appears while you did have issues reconnecting your account back in February, it appears the connection has been established and transactions has been importing since.

Hi @TFerris I recommend fully deleting the connection from your Banking > Connected Accounts page as the connection may be tied to the account information from your previous card. You can then establish a brand new connection. I took a look at your bank connection details on the back end and it seems you may have done that on March 5 (with Citibank).

Hi @Gaurang I'm afraid there is persistent ongoing integration issue between Plaid (our banking data aggregator) and CIBC. Plaid is aware of this and has an opened case on investigation but they're unable to provide an ETA. I recommend trying to connect your CIBC account periodically until the integration is back up and running. Sorry to the bearer of this bad news!

edited March 10, 2021
  • Nancy_Ptennispro2021Nancy_Ptennispro2021 Member Posts: 6
    I have tried numerous times to connect to First CommunitySC and keeps giving me an error to try back later. Help!!
  • mbernardmbernard Member Posts: 2

I've tried several times to connect to Bank Midwest over several days and continue to get a "Plaid" error saying it "couldn't connect to your institution" try another institution. My account stopped updating sometime in February.

• Traci_Whatley_12Traci_Whatley_12 Member Posts: 1

I don't have the option to RECONNECT.
    At one point the RECONNECT option was there but no longer. I have not had connection since December 2020.
    Please help!