How do I troubleshoot my bank connection?

Comments

• demato8143demato8143 Member Posts: 1

I just received this error message:

Your bank's website appears to be experiencing technical difficulties. If you can successfully log in to your online banking, please try connecting or updating again in Wave. If the problem persists for 24 hours, please visit our help center.

I can log into my bank, so what should I do? If I remove the accounts, will Wave be able to backdate the missed transactions, or will it behave as a new connection.

Please advise and thank you in advance.

• HarperBeanHarperBean Member Posts: 1

Where is "Edit Bank Connections" I don't see that anywhere

• Bob_StevensBob_Stevens Member Posts: 10

No change on my bank's end yet, the "...technical issues..." message is occurring..

• SwalshSwalsh Member Posts: 4

I have been receiving this error message all week and last week and I tried deleting and reentering the account and it does the same thing. I have Santander Business Banking:

Your bank's website appears to be experiencing technical difficulties. If you can successfully log in to your online banking, please try connecting or updating again in Wave. If the problem persists for 24 hours, please visit our help center.

I can log into my bank, so what should I do? The connection has worked fine for years and it seems a number of people are having this issue.

Please advise and thank you in advance.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@DannyS which financial institution are you banking with and have you tried deleting and reconnecting your connection altogether?

Hi @demato8143 . Can you try deleting your connection and reconnecting altogether? Which financial institution do you bank with? To answer your question, Wave won't pull in what's missing, but it should ask you how far back you want to pull transactions from.

Hey @Bob_Stevens which financial institution are you banking with?

@HarperBean Looks like you're using our new data aggregator which doesn't allow you to edit bank credentials. If you detail the issue you're having, we can take a further look

Hey @Swalsh . Have you tried deleting and reconnecting your bank connection altogether? This often fixes these sorts of issues.

We use a local bank. The connection has been up and stable for years. I've contacted the bank and they have not made any change in their login or remote sync system. We can login directly to the bank with same the credentials.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Bob_Stevens can I get the name of that local bank?

Heritage BANK gA

• magnificodesignmagnificodesign Member Posts: 4

Having the EXACT same issue as @Swalsh. Hope it gets resolved soon. Been loving Wave, and really hope I don't need to switch to some other accounting software.

• mikerwsmikerws Member Posts: 1

Same issue as a bunch of other folks, going on 3+ weeks now. "Your bank's website appears to be experiencing technical difficulties." No changes on my bank's end (Santander), been working fine for a couple of years now. Help would be greatly appreciated, ASAP.

• SwalshSwalsh Member Posts: 4

I noticed that another Santander account of mine that was syncing with another one of my accounts broke the same time as this one with Wave. That one hasn't been fixed either but I get updates from the company trying to fix it. It is clearly a Santander issue and Santander must of changed something several weeks back. Can you at least tell us where you are in the process of trying to fix it?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @mikerws & @Swalsh! Our data aggregator is currently reporting that the connection for Santander bank is down I'm afraid. Currently, we do not have an ETA on a fix date but I can confirm they are working to try and re-establish the connection! This can take some time, so it may be best to import transactions in the mean time using Wave Connect.

• markac66markac66 Member Posts: 1

My bank (members1st.org) just switched to 2FA for authentication to my account, but it is not working to connect with Wave. Wave keeps giving me an error with "The security answers you entered are incorrect. Try to connect again and re-enter them. Multiple attempts to connect will be required for all security questions to be answered. If your answers are correct and you are stuck, visit our help center to investigate the problem." Any suggestions? Thanks!

• TeegreyTeegrey Member Posts: 3

How can I get the Bank Notice removed from my Dashboard and can I rearrange the Dashboard? Thanks you

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @markac66

So the current system you're on for our third party banking aggregator has a bit of latency when it comes to updating things like security features. We are currently in the process of switching folks over from our old data aggregator to our new one. You should be receiving an email soon regarding migrating your account to the new version of importing transactions.

@Teegrey Unfortunately the dashboard is not this customizable :( I'm sorry about that.

• RoundelayRoundelay Member Posts: 1

Having the same problem with connecting a Capital One credit card account using chrome. I click the option to link an account and it just has a spinning circle and does nothing. I have not even entered credentials. 10 minutes and no error message. just a spinning wheel.

Hey @Roundelay . Few Troubleshooting tactics which typically help with this type of error. Try using Firefox if you haven't already, if that doesn't work, try connecting while using Chrome's incognito mode or Firefox's private mode.

• RogerRoger Member Posts: 4

The new update is terrible. I have to fix my account update everyday. Total garbage.

• MohamedMohamed Member Posts: 1

Hello,
    My issue is different but related. I can connect to bank fine however I do NOT get back the 2nd step bank code displayed for the 2 Factor authentication process. I have a scree scrape but there is no way of uploading. Anyone get similar issue? If you have a work around please let me know. I have used Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Chromium, Explorer and even the old IE. I have even tried Incognito option but still no joy. Any advise?
    Thanks,
    Mo

Hi @Mohamed . So just to confirm, you can, or cannot connect your bank due to 2FA? When you say the 2nd step, what exactly is it?

• DoodlDoodl Member Posts: 4

Getting this error - "Your bank's website appears to be experiencing technical difficulties." Because my bank switched to a completely new website last month so it's not connecting. Is there any way to re-submit the bank name/website for an update? Thanks.

• phantomtidesphantomtides Member Posts: 2

I'm dealing with United Bank (bankwithunited.com). Things have worked for a few years, but the connection was broken, and when attempting to re-establish it now, I get this message: "The security answers you entered are incorrect. Try to connect again and re-enter them. Multiple attempts to connect will be required for all security questions to be answered. If your answers are correct and you are stuck, visit our help center to investigate the problem." The security answer in question is simply my cell phone number, which I've verified is correct at the bank's site. This is the only "security answer" that I've been asked to provide and the result is consistent over four or five attempts. Any ideas?

• TAGPlusTAGPlus Member Posts: 4

Im a new Wave App user and I find it unfortunate that you dont have a live chat or a phone number to talk to someone. I cant connect my bank to Wave and Im turning in circles trying to figure this out. I dont have this kind of time to waste...I sent a community message a few days ago and again just now. Will someone get back to me ASAP please....Im in montreal with BMO...this should be easy to connect.

Hey @Doodl

Would you mind sharing more info on who you bank with? The previous URL and the new URL that your bank changed to? Often times a URL change can cause a disconnect with our third party data aggregator, but as much detail in your post would be great!

@phantomtides

If you're a North American user we may need you to submit a support ticket on Wave's Website as our support team has a bit more knowledge regarding your business' i.d and they can submit a ticket to our data aggregator to investigate this MFA issue further.

@TAGPlus

My apologies for the issues you may be experiencing with your bank connection. Most of our free North American users can submit a support ticket on our website and one of our agents will be happy to help! Currently BMO is experiencing issues with our third party data aggregator. I apologize for this, they are aware of this issue and working on rectifying it in the near future

• phantomtidesphantomtides Member Posts: 2

@BarsinA Hey, it just kicked in this morning, so I'm gonna assume it's solved unless it misbehaves again. Thanks for the reply.

@phantomtides Glad to hear it!

• NeilsonNeilson Member Posts: 2

I have been trying to the past 3 months to reconnect my corporate credit card to Wave and the same message keeps coming up- my bank and Wave are not able to connect. I need to do my taxes and have at least 5 months worth of transactions to download to my account but can't. Very frustrating.

• NeilsonNeilson Member Posts: 2

I am just seeing another post about issues with BMO

Hey @Neilson . What's the error message you're receiving? In the meantime, feel free to use Wave Connect to get your transactions into Wave.

• DoodlDoodl Member Posts: 4

@BarsinA said:
    Hey @Doodl

Would you mind sharing more info on who you bank with? The previous URL and the new URL that your bank changed to? Often times a URL change can cause a disconnect with our third party data aggregator, but as much detail in your post would be great!

Hi @BarsinA - My bank is Farmers State Bank, Victor, MT. The domain is the same (https://www.farmersebank.com/), it is just a completely new website built by a different company I think. I don't have any other info really. Maybe you could let me know if there is something specific you need to know. Not a real big deal - I'm a low volume guy, so just entering stuff manually is okay. It was just nice when I didn't have to :) Thanks.