How do I troubleshoot my bank connection?

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Nancy_Ptennispro2021 , it looks like we have a number of different First Community bank connections. Can you confirm that you are indeed accessing the right one? Have you tried some of the other First Community connections available?

Hi @mbernard , it looks like our connection with Bank Midwest is currently down but our data aggregator is aware of the issue. I'd encourage you to try logging in periodically to see if the fix has been implemented. We're also more than happy to chime in again in the future if you'd like to check with us again. IN the meantime, feel free to use our Google Sheets integration called Wave Connect to get your transactions into Wave.

Hello @Traci_Whatley_12 , to reconnect your account, we advise that you delete your connection and reconnect it. Let us know if this helps.

• Nancy_Ptennispro2021Nancy_Ptennispro2021 Member Posts: 6
    My account is at FirstCommunitySC.com which is on the wave site. Will not let me connect.
  • Nancy_H01Nancy_H01 Member Posts: 1

This was not helpful. My account is with Chase. My sign in user ID and password have not changed so do not know why this happened. I tried reconnecting and the system gives me a message that the user ID is incorrect even though I am using the correct user ID and password. I have tried two times with same results..

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hey @Nancy_Ptennispro2021 Happy to see you were able to establish connection with First Community Bank yesterday!

Hi @Nancy_H01 sorry to hear you've been experiencing issue reconnecting with your Chase connection. I took a look on the back end and it appears the error code you're running into is "INVALID_UPDATED_USERNAME". This error indicates the username entered upon reconnecting is different than the one you've used when the connection was first established.

Since you can confirm that your user ID has not been changed, I recommend trying the troubleshooting steps below. They've typically resolved similar issues for other users in the past running into the same error code:

• Please note that all usernames are case-sensitive. Altering the case of the first letter of the username is a common issue we see.
    • Please double check the username entered, to ensure there's no type, or the username is not for a different account. The username entered should be the original username used when first establishing the bank connection.
    • If you happen to be reconnecting on an Android phone, please double-check that auto-complete function is not adding any trailing spaces. This is a common issue we see.
    edited March 26, 2021
  • VCBVCB Member Posts: 1
    No, I need to change the password, how do I do that
  • JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @VCB !

To clarify, are you trying to change your online banking password or your Wave password? If you are trying to change your online banking password, please visit your financial institutions website or contact them directly. For your Wave password, you can preform a password reset via this link. Feel free to check it out.

Our system requires that the username and password remains constant throughout the lifetime of an existing bank connection.

If you changed your password on an existing bank connection, you can remove the connection completely within the Banking > Connected Accounts page, and then re-add the connection again. Removing the connection will not delete any previously imported data. This should do the trick.

Also, when reconnecting your bank, please select a specific date to resume transaction imports to prevent duplicates in your account.

I hope this helps.

edited March 29, 2021
  • LisaK_1111LisaK_1111 Member Posts: 1

When trying to connect to my bank, Citizens National Bank Cheboygan, it goes as far as saying it has sent a code to.... But there it does not say where the code was sent to and I am not receiving a code via email or text

• EsteliliaEstelilia Member Posts: 2
    I’m having an issue connecting to my TD account and it has been over 7 days. It was working fine until I added a new business using the same user id but picking a different account. I tried reconnecting and it doesn’t work for both business name. I sent an email on this issue as well.
  • apasya703apasya703 Member Posts: 2

I am able to connect but getting the below message -
    No supported accounts
    Your connection was successful but there are no account types eligible for transaction import.
    See our help center for more information about supported account types

I am using this account in Wave since two years. I think two months ago WAVE application has updated to new version and appearing new main screen and dashboard after upgradation. However, my bank account transactions are not importing after this new upgradation.
    Can you please take a look at this issue and advise how to resolve this issue ASAP?

• AdH_RegAdH_Reg Member Posts: 2

My bank account keeps disconnecting from Wave every two-three days and it is getting frustrating how many times I have to reconnect. Is there a way to prevent these constant connection problems?

Hey @Estelilia , @apasya703, and @AdH_Reg!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing transaction import issues. At your earliest convenience, please reach out to our Support team so one of our agents can assist you with your specific cases directly. They will gladly assist you with your bank connection issues.

• apasya703apasya703 Member Posts: 2
    There's no way to resolve this issue with support team member

This is application glitch needs to fix to resolve this type of issues.
  • AGMAGM Member Posts: 1
    I’m getting this notification daily and reconnecting daily. I don’t know what to try next.
  • RichpalRichpal Member Posts: 9

Join the many, many people including myself who were originally enamored with Wave, but end being let down by its ongoing bank connection problems.

@AGM said:
    I’m getting this notification daily and reconnecting daily. I don’t know what to try next.

Join the many, many people including myself who were originally enamored with Wave, but end being let down by its ongoing bank connection problems.

Has anyone ever had their Wave connection issues resolved?

• Kdenton_112Kdenton_112 Member Posts: 1

It said my username has changed. It has not changed, so this article does not apply

• EsteliliaEstelilia Member Posts: 2
    How do I reach your support team member?

Hey there @Estelilia !

You can submit a ticket request to our support team here.

• misty317misty317 Member Posts: 1

I am getting the same run around for the last 2 months. You cant call wave, you cant call plaid. I called my bank and they said it was wave or plaid. I hate QuickBooks but at least you can talk to someone and get something done, you guys are a joke. People like me get apps like this because they are supposed to be easy. If I want to sit there and make a spread sheet of my monthly statement then fix it so it fits your program and then upload it wtf am I paying you for? Excel does that shit for free. 2 months for this crap really!!!

• OhioXVIICOhioXVIIC Member Posts: 1

When I try to reconnect, the verification text number is one I don't recognize. How can I reconnect with a working cell number?

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @misty317 , I'm sorry you're having issues with your bank connection. It looks like the Customer Support team has assisted you with this over email, but feel free to thread below if you still need help!

Hi @Daren , your bank is currently experiencing widespread connectivity issues, which has caused it to disconnect from your Wave account. These have been partially resolved, which is why you've since been able to re-connect! However there are still some issues with importing transactions at the moment I'm afraid.

Although you have reconnected already, if you did not select the day after the last imported transaction, and/or choose the same account the transactions are currently importing into when reconnecting, please delete and reconnect one more time. This will prevent duplicate accounts/transactions from being created when transactions do start to import again.

Hello @OhioXVIIC ,

It looks like there is a connection issue between your bank and our banking data provider, which is causing issues for users attempting to reconnect. They are working on a resolution, but in the meantime, you can upload a bank statement or use Wave Connect.

• SkeetiebSkeetieb Member Posts: 1

Hi.
    I'm reading several of your articles and threads. I'm having an issue with connecting my credit union (ENT) checking account. It dowloaded transactions until the end of January (2021) then stopped. I tried to reconnect the account and while all the credentials are correct it says it won't connect. Please advise or connect me with someone who can help.

• AdH_RegAdH_Reg Member Posts: 2

Who do I call about my account connection not working that happens every few days? I am getting tired of reconnecting my account constantly and would rather talk to someone on the phone about this issue then just have online service for help

Hello @Skeetieb !

After doing some digging on the back end, I can see that one of our Support agents assisted you via your ticket request. I'm happy to see that. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach back out.

Hi @AdH_Reg !

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing intermittent bank connection issues preventing you from receiving successful transaction imports. I see that you have since submitted a ticket request to our support team. I have flagged your case for them so they will get in touch with you as soon as possible. In the meantime, please keep an eye on your email inbox!

• connect2jqconnect2jq Member Posts: 1

Hi,

Its been over a month and I have lost my bank connection and am unable to reconnect and get my bank transactions updated. I have been retrying numerous times in the past 6 weeks but not making any progress. Can you please advice how I can proceed?

Thanks,
    Junaid

• eilywdarb2060eilywdarb2060 Member Posts: 1

Same issue as connect2jq below. I have triple checked my bank credentials and still get an error message that they are incorrect. The only advise above is "try again later". I have been trying every day for over a week.

Hey there @connect2jq !

I'm really sorry to hear about your bank connection issues as I'm sure this is impacting your accounting workflow. So Wave Support can better assist you, please submit a ticket request at your earliest convenience. One of our agents will be able to look into your specific bank connection and assist you further.

Hello @eilywdarb2060 !

I did some digging on my end and noticed that you have since received assistance via the ticket request you submitted. I'm happy to see that! If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

• Not2impressed_Not2impressed_ Member Posts: 2
    I think Wave has HUGE issues! A client paid by credit card several days ago and it’s nowhere! Wave keeps disconnecting from my bank and even when I reconnect, it still doesn’t send the payment to my bank. I think I will be leaving Wave and likely EQ bank as well! It’s pointless to use Waze or EQ bank if neither of them can actually provide the service they are meant to provide. Also - Wave has not responded to my email looking for support…that’s after I spent hours just trying to find a way to actually contact Wave.
  • PromoSapienPromoSapien Member Posts: 1

I have three bank accounts with Wells Fargo, and one of them is a business checking account that I have had connected to Wave for a year. On May 26, transactions quit updating in Wave. I have had disruptions before that lasted a week or two, but eventually resolved. This time, nothing.

With help from Wave support via email, I created a "new" payout bank account (which was the same Wells Fargo business checking account), then deleted the old one. By doing this, I could go to my connected bank accounts and delete my business checking - so I could start over and reconnect the account.

When I logged in to Wells Fargo to reconnect the business checking account, Wave's third party vendor, Plaid, connects with Wells Fargo, but now only offers me my personal checking and credit card account - and my business checking account is no longer presented to me as an option to connect to Wave.

I have tried deleting and reconnecting a half dozen times with no luck.

I'm the first to tell you how great I think Wave is, in many different ways. It's a great app. However, the glitchy nature of connecting with my bank (a well-established one) is a huge issue that quickly negates all the pluses of using Wave.