How do I troubleshoot my bank connection?

Comments

• hagerfoothagerfoot Member Posts: 3

Thanks @alexlewiszarkos.

WaveConnect is not as good as the bank connection.

I tried deleting the bank connection and adding it. The "Connect" button is not working. When you click it nothing happens:

• BookamatBookamat Member Posts: 7

My bank FNB now requires typing the password in to login. They don't accept "saved" passwords as such Wave no longer can read the accounts. Is there any fix for this?

• BookamatBookamat Member Posts: 7

@Bookamat said:
    My bank FNB now requires typing the password in to login. They don't accept "saved" passwords as such Wave no longer can read the accounts. Is there any fix for this?

Seems to have been resolved!

• peggphotopeggphoto Member Posts: 3

@alexlewiszarkos I have the same issue as @hagerfoot - The connect button does nothing. Been trying for a month now to connect my new business checking account.

• hagerfoothagerfoot Member Posts: 3

My Capital One Credit Card connection is working now. Thanks to all that helped.

• phollosiphollosi Member Posts: 1

Have not been able to connect for a while with the following message:
    There is a communication error between Wave and your bank. This is usually resolved within a few days. If the problem persists or you would like to be notified when it is fixed, visit our help center.
    Nothing in the article helped

• Turn11MarketingTurn11Marketing Member Posts: 1

I have been getting similar errors. 1 account says: There is a communication error between Wave and your bank. This is usually resolved within a few days. If the problem persists or you would like to be notified when it is fixed, visit our help center. The other account won't connect anymore due to a new 2 step authentication process with my banks online banking.

• FaronFFaronF Member Posts: 3

Re: below....I have checked all passwords and security questions...nothing... How do I get a notification when this is fixed???
    F Fowler

BMO - Online Banking (Canada)
    Account connected on February 26, 2019 • Edit bank credentials • Delete connection
    Last updated 1 week ago • Update now
    There is a communication error between Wave and your bank. This is usually resolved within a few days. If the problem persists or you would like to be notified when it is fixed, visit our help center.

Importing
    mastercard

• Darren_Streete1Darren_Streete1 Member Posts: 3

Dear Administrator,
    As part of my Bank's log in process, not only do I need to put in the user name and password it is also expecting to selected and answer one of my security questions. However, when attempting to log on through the Wave system it does not show me the security questions for me to enter and therefore currently I am able to attach my account to this Wave Accounting app.

The bank in questions is ADIB in Dubai UAE. Is there a suggestion in how to resolve this, in this circumstance?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey everyone. I do understand the value of pointing out the specific bank connection issues that everyone is experiencing within this help centre article thread. However, I do think that since a lot of these cases are not always common and are mostly singular, it's worth your time to file a support ticket so that one of our agents can pick this up and help resolve the issue. We often need to engage up to our 3rd party data aggregator to investigate these problems further, and the capacity of handling these types of situations over forum threads is less than ideal. We want you, as the user, to have the best support experience possible, and for that to happen for these specific problems (with the bank connection feature) a support ticket to our team is necessary to get to the bottom of the issue. Here is a link to filing a ticket if needed: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

If for some reason you cannot submit a support ticket to Wave, we will need you to confirm the following information and then we can take it to community DMs:

1. The name of the Financial Institution.
    2. The specific accounts that are affected (i.e. Business Checking, Business Credit Card, Personal Checking etc.). Please be as specific as possible.
    3. Are transactions missing, duplicated or incorrect?
    4. Are the missing/erroneous transactions recent?
    5. If transactions are importing, is the balance showing on your Dashboard correct and updating?
    6. Has this connection worked properly in the past?
    7. The Date of the last transaction imported by the bank connection.

Thanks everyone for reaching out -- this will be the post that will be referred to when handling bank connection issues within this thread.

edited August 26, 2019
  • NicoBligNicoBlig Member Posts: 2

Wave is unable to Locate Accounts.
    Hi,
    I have spoken to the bank, Investec, they confirm that they received a login on their side. But on WAVE's side it gives the error message.
    How can we fix this?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @NicoBlig! Are you able to give me a DM about this? Let me know the name of the bank you are having trouble connecting to! If you can include screenshots of any error messages in your account that would be great :)

• NicoBligNicoBlig Member Posts: 2

How do i dm you?

The bank account is Investec.co.za

ERROR MESSAGE:

• BoogaBooga Member Posts: 10

This is so rubbish. It tells you what you have to do but not how to. My bank connection has stopped and I need to re-enter my login details but this article doesn't tell you how to do that. I see I am not alone in this as the :( vastly outweigh the :)
    This is linked to from the email sent out when there is an issue. Please make this post fit for purpose.

• banglabornomalabanglabornomala Member Posts: 1

Your bank has indicated that you did not enter your security credentials quickly enough. Try to edit your credentials again and enter your security information right away. Multiple attempts to connect will be required for all security questions to be answered. If this does not help, or you keep seeing this error, visit our help center to investigate the problem.

and i am unable to see any security question, can anyone help ?

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@Booga In order to edit your credentials, head to Banking > Bank Connections and then click on the Edit Bank Credentials button. Are you able to do so from there?

@banglabornomala Hmm, this sounds interesting. Can you DM me to see if we can get to the bottom of this? What are you prompted with when you select Edit your credentials?

@ChelseaK I cannot see Banking > Bank connections in any menu. I have searched for it but can't find it.
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Booga . Due to the Open Banking initiative in the EU, users located in the UK (and the rest of the EU) can no longer access Bank Connections in Wave. Take a look at the thread here for more info on this.

@AlexL thank you for the response, that's a real shame. I don't think manual upload for bank and PayPal is something I really want to do.
    May need to look for another solution.
  • ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@Booga We do have Wave Connect, a Google Sheets add-on, which is another efficient alternative to getting your transactions into Wave though! You can learn more about setting it up here.

edited September 18, 2019
  • global18global18 Member Posts: 1

Your bank has indicated that you did not enter your security credentials quickly enough. Try to connect again again and enter your security information right away. Multiple attempts to connect will be required for all security questions to be answered.
    I keep getting this message when I try to connect to the bank. The User ID, Password, and 3 security questions have to be answered before hitting the connect button, so is this a problem with my entering everything too slowly before hitting connect, or a problem with the actual connection to the bank?

• lincolnbaileylincolnbailey Member Posts: 2

So, this message has persisted for over a month! "There is an error with your connection. More info
    We've encountered a problem accessing your account. We're on the case, and can usually resolve this within a few days. If the problem persists or you would like to be notified when it is fixed, visit our help center." Help Center doesn't have any solutions. Are there certain banks you just no longer work with? (this happened with my checking account and Wave).

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @global18 @lincolnbailey

I would reach out to our support team by submitting a ticket to https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. They have a lot more insight into your account and can easily access data we may not have eyes on in the community. We appreciate you reaching out via the community but sometimes getting a support hero to look into your bank connection individually might be best. Also see Jamie D's response above for more info!

@JamieD said:
    Hey everyone. I do understand the value of pointing out the specific bank connection issues that everyone is experiencing within this help centre article thread. However, I do think that since a lot of these cases are not always common and are mostly singular, it's worth your time to file a support ticket so that one of our agents can pick this up and help resolve the issue. We often need to engage up to our 3rd party data aggregator to investigate these problems further, and the capacity of handling these types of situations over forum threads is less than ideal. We want you, as the user, to have the best support experience possible, and for that to happen for these specific problems (with the bank connection feature) a support ticket to our team is necessary to get to the bottom of the issue. Here is a link to filing a ticket if needed: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

If for some reason you cannot submit a support ticket to Wave, we will need you to confirm the following information and then we can take it to community DMs:

1. The name of the Financial Institution.
    2. The specific accounts that are affected (i.e. Business Checking, Business Credit Card, Personal Checking etc.). Please be as specific as possible.
    3. Are transactions missing, duplicated or incorrect?
    4. Are the missing/erroneous transactions recent?
    5. If transactions are importing, is the balance showing on your Dashboard correct and updating?
    6. Has this connection worked properly in the past?
    7. The Date of the last transaction imported by the bank connection.

Thanks everyone for reaching out -- this will be the post that will be referred to when handling bank connection issues within this thread.

• OrkhanOrkhan Member Posts: 8

Bank Connection does not update automatically and require manual update all the time to import new transactions.

• adamreesadamrees Member Posts: 1

All my bank accounts are intact, and the debits are posting, but credits to the bank account are not loading into wave. Any ideas on ways to solve this issue?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @Orkhan! Sorry to hear your bank connection is having some issues. Most people find that attempting these steps helps to push a manual 'refresh' for the connection:
    1. Click Banking > Bank Connections
    2. Find your bank in the list of connections
    3. Click "Edit Bank Credentials" and re-enter your login information for your bank account
    4. Save and update now.
    5. Repeat steps 2-4 about 3 times

Hi @adamrees our Support team has received your request and will be reaching out with next steps shortly!

• OrkhanOrkhan Member Posts: 8

Hi @EmmaP , please be informed that your advice doesn't help, still it requires manual update

• TyCoTyCo Member Posts: 1

Penfed CU
    Last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago • Update now

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @TyCo

Just wondering if your account has sorted itself out? Looking like a potential success. If you'd like to refresh your account:

1. Click Banking > Bank Connections
    2. Find your bank in the list of connections
    3. Click "Edit Bank Credentials" and re-enter your login information for your bank account
    4. Save and update now.
    5. Repeat steps 2-4 about 3 times
  • DannySDannyS Member Posts: 1

Hello,
    It's been over a week and I continue to have difficulties re-connecting my bank Things have previously been going fine for over a year. We are getting this message:
    "Your bank's website appears to be experiencing technical difficulties. If you can successfully log in to your online banking, please try connecting or updating again in Wave. If the problem persists for 24 hours, please visit our help center."
    We are able to separately login to online banking at our bank without any issue, so not sure what more we can do.
    Please advise. Thanks