How to set up an invoice reminder

Comments

• KrissKriss Member Posts: 2

reg credit note.. i have unpaid invoice and i claimed in court. tax year comming soon to the end and i must show to tax office real incomes.anyway thank you for help

• coachbarbaracoachbarbara Member Posts: 2

What does the reminder say? You're good about previewing other forms. How about this one?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @coachbarbara! If you head to the invoices page and click 'Send a Reminder' a pop-up box should appear with the reminder details and a 'preview' option.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Thanks for your ongoing patience here! My development teams have worked to make this process easier for everyone trying to get rid of those previously-scheduled overdue reminders. When you go to toggle those reminders off, there will now be a popup that will look like this:

Clicking the button with the red box around it will clear all scheduled reminders, both going forwards, and for invoices that have already been sent. We hope that this helps your workflow with regards to managing these reminders.

• mobrodeurmobrodeur Member Posts: 1

Is it possible to set the reminders, by default, to 7 and 14 days? (not send a reminder, by default, after 3 days)

• plemaconplemacon Member Posts: 1
    How can I send reminder to a few emails and not to just one person? Sometimes, aside of the accounting department by my clients, I also need my contact at the company to be aware that a certain invoice is still unpaid... thank you!
  • BradBerghBradBergh Member Posts: 7

We want to disable invoice reminders completely on Wave. The community feed says we simply have to go to Settings > Invoice Customisation > Reminder Settings. There are no Reminder Settings on my version of Wave under Invoice Customisation. Does this mean we are still on an older version of Wave?

• QaisEQaisE Member Posts: 72 admin

Hi @mobrodeur! For now, the only option is to automatically turn on/off the reminders for 3, 7, and 14 days - there is not an option to turn them off for one of those specific time periods unless you do it in the individual invoice itself. We have been working to make reminders more amenable to user feedback, so although we do not offer that option now, it is definitely something we can note for future reference. Thanks for that!

Hey @plemacon, reminders only send to the email of the customer that the invoice was sent to. Although you can add multiple recipients for an invoice, when you send out reminders, they will only go to the principal email of that customer. Again, I do appreciate you bringing that question up as we are always looking for ways to improve our features to make Wave more user friendly. I also appreciate you including the reason why this would help your business - our product managers like to come through our Community posts to gather feedback on feature ideas and this information will be super helpful to them.

Hi @BradBergh, sorry to hear about that! Since we have moved all of users off our old platform, I doubt that this would be the reason why reminder settings do not appear on that page. Would you be able to include a screenshot of that page when you scroll down to where Reminder Settings should be? It should appear right below Invoice Settings. Thanks!

Screen Shot below. Immediately after Invoice Settings is Estimate Settings. Immediately after Estimate Settings is Invoice Column Settings. I cannot see any Reminder Settings.

• LonzoLonzo Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to set reminders according to time zones? Customer in PST wasn't happy about getting reminded at 3 in the morning.

• Pierre2020Pierre2020 Member Posts: 7

Am I missing something? I cannot find "Reminder Settings" in "Invoice Customization".

@Pierre2020 said:
    Am I missing something? I cannot find "Reminder Settings" in "Invoice Customization".

Exactly what I am struggling with! Waiting to get their response!

OK, let's wait to hear back from the Wave team.

@Pierre2020 said:
    OK, let's wait to hear back from the Wave team.

Maybe they have all taken the long weekend off

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @BradBergh @Pierre2020

Judging by the looks of the screenshot you posted, it seems that you are logging in under account that is not the sole owner. Typically if you're logging in under a secondary user, you will have limited access to settings.

You can see by my account owner login the more settings that are available to me.

Do you have access to the main account owner email in order to achieve this action?

Hi @Lonzo

Sadly there is no way to adjust timezones in Wave's invoice reminders. My apologies for that!

@BarsinA said:

Judging by the looks of the screenshot you posted, it seems that you are logging in under account that is not the sole owner. Typically if you're logging in under a secondary user, you will have limited access to settings.

You can see by my account owner login the more settings that are available to me.

Do you have access to the main account owner email in order to achieve this action?

Hi @Lonzo

Sadly there is no way to adjust timezones in Wave's invoice reminders. My apologies for that!

Hi BarsinA

I have now logged in as the main account holder (administrator) and there is still no Reminder Settings between Invoice Settings and Estimate Settings:

@BarsinA, I do not get it. I sign in to my.waveapps.com with one e-mail address, and then have access to multiple accounts. I choose the one that I want to work on, whose invoice I wish to customize. What is missing, that is preventing from me seeing the "Reminder Settings" field? Should I add an administrator user to that account? But that would be me... I do not get the logic of what needs to be done to fix this.

Let me apologize first off. It seems that before I checked into your profiles you may not be located in North America. The settings I showed you are for paid North American users. Typically when creating an invoice for non-North American users, you would need to turn on these settings manually. Can you let me know your workflow and what you're seeing when you create a new invoice? Are you stripe users processing payments through the Stripe platform?

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@BradBergh @Pierre2020 Thanks for following up on that. Are either of you able to send some screenshots of what happens when you create a new invoice and showing that the reminders are showing as being checked off automatically. Feel free to remove/blur out any private information.

@BarsinA said:

Let me apologize first off. It seems that before I checked into your profiles you may not be located in North America. The settings I showed you are for paid North American users. Typically when creating an invoice for non-North American users, you would need to turn on these settings manually. Can you let me know your workflow and what you're seeing when you create a new invoice? Are you stripe users processing payments through the Stripe platform?

Hi @BarsinA

I am not a paying user (in South Africa) and I am not Stripe use processing payments through the Stripe platform either. If the "payment reminder" functionality is only for paying users then I quite understand and we will just find a way to work around it.

I am in the same situation as BradBergh (not a paying user, based in Switzerland, not processing through Stripe, even though I created an account and processed one invoice through them). But I would not mind having access to that reminder function.... Regarding the screenshots, at what stage of the invoice processing would you like to see them?

• QaisEQaisE Member Posts: 72 admin

Hi @BradBergh @Pierre2020, sorry about the confusion here. What my colleague was referring to is that non-paid users outside of North America would have to set the reminders for each invoice individually. Meaning under Send section of the invoice, you would need to choose the days that you want to send the reminders to your customers. This would appear in your invoices in Sales > Invoices as such: reminder
    I hope this clarifies the process for you! Let us know if you still have trouble setting reminders for your invoices and we would be happy to help as much as we can!

• NutsAccountingNutsAccounting Member Posts: 6

When will the Invoice Customization > Reminder Settings be available for the rest of the world? Why do you restrict it to North America only? I don't understand the reason behind this restriction. It's just a reminder email default settings... Since the feature is already available to us, why not the default settings?

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@NutsAccounting There are additional features around invoice reminder settings for customers in North America mainly because they have access to collecting online payments through Wave. I understand that this is something that would be helpful to your business. Are you able to let us know where you are located in the world and the type of industry that your business operates in? This will be helpful when I share this information with our Product Team! I can't guarantee that it will be rolled out to all users, but I can ensure that this is passed along to the product team :)

• WetstoneWetstone Member Posts: 2

I would like to remind customer after 30 days.
    Any way to make a customizable time.....?

Hey there @Wetstone

Unfortunately this will need to be done manually by using the send reminder button from the invoice as opposed to the auto reminders. Thanks for bringing this up in or community!

• GreatValueWebsitesGreatValueWebsites Member Posts: 5

I'm in Scotland and have the same issue as the others on here. Also, I can set up reminders for a standard invoice, but not for a recurring invoice - big nuisance factor :)

Hey there @GreatValueWebsites

can you let us know specifically what issue you're having?

The invoice reminder is not available to schedule for recurring invoices but you should be able to send reminder manually from the Invoices > All invoices/unpaid invoices tab. You'll notice that even your recurring invoice go into these tabs where you should be able to manually send an invoice reminder. Hope this helps!

• GreatValueWebsitesGreatValueWebsites Member Posts: 5

Hi BarsinA - Yes, I've discovered that it's not possible to set up automatic reminders when creating a recurring invoice. However, I do feel this is a flaw in the system - we were so looking forward to creating a recurring invoice for our annual or monthly hosting plans, with reminders, then just sit back and let things happen! Hopefully, you'll be looking at this in future updates as I note that many other people have made similar comments.
    Thanks anyway - great system otherwise!
    Bobbie

• DewaldLindeDewaldLinde Member Posts: 1

I go to settings, then invoice customization, but I dont see the setting to setup automatic reminders for my invoices. For any invoice