How to set up an invoice reminder

Comments

• rockylumagasrockylumagas Member Posts: 1

I'm having a different kind of issue now where if I 'Send a Remind' it's adding a few extra amount from the original bill to my client (i.e. total bill was 210 but on preview reminder it's showing 213.50). I have my own policy for late payment fees but I would like myself to manually set this, not wave auto-adding just any amount.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @rockylumagas

Is your invoice in a different currency? Typically our foreign exchange rates are brought in from XE.com and updated daily. So it might be that when you send them a reminder, it updates to the currency of which they might be paying at that time. This is an accurate number of what their amount owed will be on that day.

• jmscfjmscf Member Posts: 1

Can you please add an option to cc ourselves when these are sent??

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @jmscf , welcome to the Community! The ability to CC invoice reminders isn't something our team is currently working on, but thank you for this feature idea! We're always looking to improve the user experience and feedback like this helps us to do just that.

• AW_LessonsAW_Lessons Member Posts: 3

The ability to select the interval in which reminders are sent out automatically would be great, instead of all or none. Maybe even a custom reminder schedule. For example: Every XX days after the original invoice is sent.

Also, the ability to customize an automatic reminder to fit my business would be helpful. It seems like that should be in there but I can't find it.

edited June 15, 2020
  • Nadia_GNadia_G Member Posts: 4

I have looked in invoice customization and there is no tick option for Reminder Settings, Is there another place I can do this as it is very frustrating to manually set a reminder schedule on each invoice.

Any feedback regarding this

• LBSLBS Member Posts: 1

Can we edit these notifications? I cannot find a setting for this, but figure it must be possible.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @AW_Lessons , when creating an invoice, you do have the option to select options to remind your customer on the due date, 3 days after, 7 days after and 14 days after. If this isn't enough functionality for you I totally understand that. At the moment, after that point, if you want to send a reminder you have to do it manually. Although you can't actually edit the automated reminder, you can edit the the reminder when you're sending it out in the moment.

Hey @Nadia_G , these reminders have to be set up on an email by email basis at the moment.

Hi @LBS , these notifications can be edited when you're sending them as manual reminders, but I'm afraid that the automated reminder notifications cannot be edited.

• coachbarbaracoachbarbara Member Posts: 2

How can I customize an invoice reminder to make sure the language is consistent with what I want to send? Also, a preview function would be helpful.

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@coachbarbara At this time, the reminders are set wording so no customization is available. But this idea along with the preview are really interesting and we will pass this onto our Product team to look into!

@AlexL said:
    Hey @AW_Lessons , when creating an invoice, you do have the option to select options to remind your customer on the due date, 3 days after, 7 days after and 14 days after. If this isn't enough functionality for you I totally understand that. At the moment, after that point, if you want to send a reminder you have to do it manually. Although you can't actually edit the automated reminder, you can edit the the reminder when you're sending it out in the moment.

Hey @Nadia_G , these reminders have to be set up on an email by email basis at the moment.

Hi @LBS , these notifications can be edited when you're sending them as manual reminders, but I'm afraid that the automated reminder notifications cannot be edited.

Thanks for your response, but I don't have the option to automatically set the reminder, I have to manual set in the invoices which is inconvenient as it doesn't always happen as we are fairly busy.

My issue is that I can not set up a reoccurring invoice with a 14 day reminder without also having 3 and 7 day reminders. When it comes or reoccurring invoices it appears to be all or nothing.

• WonderWonder Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

I am with @jmscf I need to be able to add cc/bcc to the manual reminders. Often the invoice will go to an accounts department but they will sit on it until someone from Sales approves it. So both sales and accounts need to be reminded.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @Nadia_G , thanks for your message. To confirm, when you create an invoice, the reminders are not automatically checked? If so, I'm afraid this means that your account is not part of the auto-reminder settings changes we launched in Canada/USA accounts, and so will need to continue to be manually selected. I'm sorry for any inconvenience on this.

Hey @AW_Lessons , thanks for bringing this to our attention! This is not something our team is currently looking to make changes to, but thank you for sharing it here. If you like, would you be able to expand on how this impacts your work flow, saves time, etc.? Having specific details about how this affects your time in Wave helps us greatly!

Hi @Wonder , thanks for adding your +1 to this thread. Right now this isn't something our team is working on building, but we really appreciate hearing your feature ideas here in the Community!

@CallieP said:
    Hey @Nadia_G , thanks for your message. To confirm, when you create an invoice, the reminders are not automatically checked? If so, I'm afraid this means that your account is not part of the auto-reminder settings changes we launched in Canada/USA accounts, and so will need to continue to be manually selected. I'm sorry for any inconvenience on this.

Thank you for the response, that is very unfortunate as we have 100+ customers and makes managing things very difficult to manage. hope things change.

• KelvinKeKelvinKe Member Posts: 1

How can we send automatic reminders for recurring invoices. 90% of our invoices are recurring and I can't find any settings to send reminder when the generated invoice is due

Hey @KelvinKe , Callie's comment above also applies to your situation:>

@CallieP said:

To confirm, when you create an invoice, the reminders are not automatically checked? If so, I'm afraid this means that your account is not part of the auto-reminder settings changes we launched in Canada/USA accounts, and so will need to continue to be manually selected. I'm sorry for any inconvenience on this.

edited July 1, 2020

@CallieP said:

Hey @AW_Lessons , thanks for bringing this to our attention! This is not something our team is currently looking to make changes to, but thank you for sharing it here. If you like, would you be able to expand on how this impacts your work flow, saves time, etc.? Having specific details about how this affects your time in Wave helps us greatly!

Hi @Wonder , thanks for adding your +1 to this thread. Right now this isn't something our team is working on building, but we really appreciate hearing your feature ideas here in the Community!

This is how it affects my business:
    100% of my customers are set up with automatic monthly invoices. I see each customer once a week and their payment is due at their first lesson each month, which could be anywhere between the 1st and the 7th of the month. If I set up 3, 7 and 14 day reminders for a customer scheduled to pay me on the 7th than they will see the invoice plus two reminders before they have a chance to pay. 10 day reminders would be ideal, but 14 day reminders would work. All or nothing probably makes this feature useless for a lot of businesses.

But hey, it's just a suggestion/request. It seems like an easy fix, but I'll do it manually if need be. :smiley:

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @AW_Lessons! Thanks so much for offering your context and your kind feedback/use case here. This is something that we'll take up with our developers, and consider more customization around invoice reminders for future implementations to the Wave platform.

• jaysjays Member Posts: 8

Is there a way to get a reminder to my inbox about due invoices?

Hey @jays , at the moment, there's no way to set up this sort of email reminder. You would have to access Wave to see which invoices are overdue.

• GabrielleGibsonGabrielleGibson Member Posts: 5

I really would like automatic reminders for my reoccurring invoices

• bakerdbakerd Member Posts: 1
    Wish we had this in Australia. I need to change EVERY recurring invoice after it sends. Kind of defeats the purpose of recurring invoices. It's only a default reminders setting and intentionally only offering a basic functionality like this to only the US customers is a bad look as you treat the rest of the world as second class for this functionality that so many have asked for.
    I know this is a free product, but I would pay for that feature. How much would it cost to make it available to the rest of the world. There are people who live outside the USA and basic things like timezones and reminders should be in a system like this.
    If you plan on not offering it to everyone, you should metion the geo-restriction in the article.
  • SouthportQLDGuidesSouthportQLDGuides Member Posts: 1

I want to change what the message says in the reminder for payment. There is no where in invoice customization to change the reminder settings. Please advise!

• solo16solo16 Member Posts: 1

How do we change the email address WE USE for the invoice reminders please?

Hey @SouthportQLDGuides , the copy on the automatic reminders cannot be changed although you can change the copy of a reminder when sending it manually.

Hi @solo16 , the reminders will always state that they are coming from the email address that is the primary on your account. If you did actually want to change this email, you can do so through the following Help Center article.

• beancounterbeancounter Member Posts: 10

Hi @AlexL ,
    Apologies for hijacking this section here. I was wondering if there is a bulk Invoice reminder functionality (if not planned?) for users outside of USA/Canada that don't have access to the automated invoice payment reminder?
    Cheers!

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @beancounter

Currently we aren't sure if this feature will be rolled out to rest of world at this time. I do apologize about that. Our growth team is aware of this request from our users outside North America and we continue to encourage folks add their thoughts to this thread.

• scalscal Member Posts: 2

How does one add a late fee within the automatic reminders once the due date has come and gone?