How to set up an invoice reminder

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @scal ! I'm afraid that the application of automatic fees for overdue invoices is not available at this time. However, you can manually add late fees to the invoice as a line item since invoice links are live. You can do this by heading over to Sales > Invoices and editing the invoice in question. Once the fee is added to the invoice and saved, your customer will see the fee applied on their end. To learn more, feel free to check out this Community discussion.

edited October 2, 2020
  • MJSMJS Member Posts: 14

It would be great if the reminders went longer then the standard ones you have as we work with firms that their normal pay cycle is 30 days. This means that if we do not manually send out reminders it takes longer to get them to pay. not sure why you limit the reminders to the handful you have and not have options to customize that in the system or extend out to longer time periods

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey here @MJS

Thanks for this feedback. Remember that if you decide not to send an automated reminder using our scheduled reminders, you can send them manually!

• MJSMJS Member Posts: 14

Thank you for the information. I am aware of the manual reminders but having additional automatic reminders outside of the 14 days delayed would be great. Having a monthly reminder for all outstanding invoices, or possibly an automatic statement to the clients monthly would streamline collections. @Barsin

edited October 23, 2020
  • JacquelineMJacquelineM Member Posts: 1
    I agree I would love to have an automatic late payment reminder for 21 days past due, and 30 days. Unfortunately I always have clients paying late after 14 days.
  • RocRoc Member Posts: 7

I'm trying to figure out how this setting got turned on, and how long it has been happening. The "reminder" isn't very friendly and was brought to my attention by a first-time client. Considering how many issues there have been with connecting to RBC this year, it is awful to think my clients are being harassed to pay an invoice, which they have paid, and their invoice is only outstanding because Wave is broken again.

Please consider updating the wording of the "gentle reminder", and if this is turned back on in any future updates please inform us users by email so we can have an opportunity to immediately turn it off before upsetting our customers. :/

• J_CJ_C Member Posts: 1

I echo ROC's comment below. 2 clients got in touch as they were put off by the reminders. This should definitely NOT be the default setting, and as a user I should have been informed when a correspondence was about to be sent on my behalf.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Roc @J_C

Thanks so much for this insight into our reminders. It's really great to hear your honest feedback about this.

At this point, upon invoice creation, I'd be sure to turn off all invoice reminders before sending the invoice as an extra measure. I understand this is an extra step in your invoice creation process, however to ensure that your clients aren't receiving reminders you may find that are too harsh.

We're always looking for feedback from real world examples so thanks again for this!

• PetriPetri Member Posts: 9

I would like to upvote what @Wonder and @jmscf suggested. Very often invoicing address is to accounting departments - who often have automated system to submit attachments as invoices in their system. So sending reminders to this same email address does not get anywhere. So feature to add cc (or change) the recipient of reminder would be very much needed feature.

• KTBKTB Member Posts: 1

Is it possible to set the time of day the reminders are sent? I had a client say that they were woken up at 4:30AM by a notification for the reminder.

• ruggero_Abt2020ruggero_Abt2020 Member Posts: 1

Is it possible change the currency on reminders? Now it show the wrong currency

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @KTB , as it turns out this isn't possible at the moment. The alternative to this would be to send a manual reminder so that it's not sending out so early.

Hi @ruggero_Abt2020 can you explain why you'd want to change the currency of your invoice after sending it already? I'd love to hear more about your workflow here.

• leparrishleparrish Member Posts: 1

Love this feature. It would be very helpful and more personal to be able to edit or customize the automatic reminder email to suit my business. This would also help with suggestion like the user @Roc below made about changing the wording from "reminder" to "gentle reminder".

• Theresa_1Theresa_1 Member Posts: 1

The invoice reminder option seems to have disappeared. Is that because we are outside the US and Canada?
    Please don't do this to us. You have such a fantastic programme and we need you. We are a small business, hard hit by the pandemic – even so, I would gladly find money to pay you to be able to continue using your software. Please consider?
    If I'm missing something and the reminder option is still available, could you let me know, please?

• SmartAlexSmartAlex Member Posts: 2

So how can I see the history of the invoice once it has been paid? If the invoice is outstanding I can see what reminder dates are selected, but once the invoice is paid that all goes away. I have a customer who insists he got multiple invoices and I suspect he must be talking about reminders, but there is not way to verify it now that the invoice is paid. Seeing the invoice history is not some exotic feature, it's kinda basic. Please help.

Hey @Theresa_1 !

You should still have access to invoice reminders. To clarify, did you add an email to your customers profile? If not, you should see this notification to add their email address. This will then enable invoice reminders.

Hey @SmartAlex !

After taking a closer look on the back end, it looks like one of our support agents assisted you via your ticket request. If you have any other questions, feel free to reply directly to your ticket.

edited January 8, 2021
  • TeepartyTeeparty Member Posts: 3

Can reminders be set by default for the day of the due date? I want my customers to be reminded BEFORE it is overdue. I don't want to manually select the box to remind them on the due date. I want that as a default for all invoices.

Hello @Teeparty !

Yup! When creating or editing an invoice, you can select the "On due date" reminder option to fulfill this request. I attached a screenshot below for reference:

• TeepartyTeeparty Member Posts: 3

@JulianP said:
    Hello @Teeparty !

Yup! When creating or editing an invoice, you can select the "On due date" reminder option to fulfill this request. I attached a screenshot below for reference:

Manual process required - it is too time consuming to go into every invoice and check the box before sending

• SproutVee123SproutVee123 Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to customize the reminders I choose with all customers without having to make the changes on every invoice?

For example, I collect payment before service on Fridays for the follow period starting on Monday. My clients know if they don't pay on time, they do not receive service and late payment fees & invoice totals are due in full before service. I always select '3 days before' and 'on due date', I have no need for reminders after the due date currently.

Note- If this option is not currently available, I would like to request it for future consideration, under Invoice Customization Settings please, and thank you!

• ss82ss82 Member Posts: 3

Is there any to set a reminder BEFORE the due date? I collect a 50% deposit from my client and the remaining balance is due 2 days before delivery. But there's no option to collect funds before the due date...please help!

• TreasurerCMHATreasurerCMHA Member Posts: 3

Is there any way to cancel all reminders set?

Hey @SproutVee123 , this isn't currently available so I'm more than happy to pass your feedback along to our Product team!

Hi @ss82 , when setting the reminders that appear after the invoice is due, there's a button you can click that will allow you to add reminders before the invoice is due. As it turns out we don't currently have a "remind 2 days before" option, but you can set the reminder for 3 days before which may also work for your workflow.

Hi @TreasurerCMHA , you can turn off reminders on a single invoice by navigating to the invoice and unticking all of the reminders that have been set to on.

Hi Alex!
    Thanks so much for letting me know about that feature, it would be perfect for me, but for some reason I don't have that option visible, I've attached a screenshot for you to see.

Hey @ss82 , does that invoice have a due date in the past? If so, it won't show the pre-due date reminder options as they've come and gone. I'd recommend testing out the creation of a new invoice that's due two weeks from now. That should give you the option to select pre-due date reminders.

Thank you so much Alex! So as long as the payment due date is within 4 days I have the option to add a reminder, but if I have it set to be due within 3 days or less the option isn't there. That's perfect, thank you so much for your help!

• dan77810dan77810 Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to set automatic reminders at more conventional intervals - like 30, 60, 90 days? 3, 7, & 14 days are way too short and this means I always have to send reminders manually.

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @dan77810,

We don't currently have a way to edit the invoice automatic reminders after the due date to periods other than the 3, 7 and 14 days currently set up I'm afraid.

I do see how this would be useful for you however, so I'm happy to pass your feedback on to the Product Team :smile:

edited March 3, 2021
  • LTRLTR Member Posts: 1

Hi
    How can I stop sending reminders to costumers

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @LTR , you are able to change your invoice reminders by navigating to Sales > Invoices. There, just click on an invoice to view the invoice details page. In the "Send" section, you are able to deselect any scheduled reminders you have on for that particular invoice.