How do I troubleshoot my bank connection?

Comments

• dnaleri19dnaleri19 Member Posts: 1

I've been getting the message that there is a connection trouble with my bank, Bankers Trust (Except Cedar Rapids) (US), for over a week now. Any idea on if this will be resolved soon, or if it'll be "months" as the description says above? Thanks.

• jeffo184jeffo184 Member Posts: 1

I've been using Wave without issue for months. Suddenly there's a communication issue with my bank. It's been going on for 8 days...It keeps saying that there is a communication issue that's usually resolved in a few days. It hasn't been resolved. When I click "update now" it says "checking security questions" and hangs there for a few minutes before going to error. There was never a place to enter answers to security questions. Is the problem that my bank is asking Wave a security question and Wave doesn't have the answer? How do I resolve this?

• BladeBlade Member Posts: 6

Okay Charlette, whajado? I just logged-in to my WAVE account about seven hours since my last email to you about bank updates. I clicked on my Personal accounts. The bank that was not updating was still showing an indication of an red error problem.

Never the less, I clicked update. The gizmo started turning and went on longer than when I was being kicked out, followed by the red error message.

You may not believe this, but I promise you it is true. I started praying, "Come on baby, download, download." The gizmo continue to spin and by the third Come on baby... Bingo! The data updated. So, although this is not clinical proof for positive affirmations, it has now worked twice in a row for me.

Blows my mind. Being a spiritual person however, I do know the power of intention, be it positive or negative. So, Charlotte, either you confess to tweaking it behind the scenes or simply confirm that it was magic.

Without doubt, I am quite sure that if something in technology was once working, there is no reason, in the case of bank updating, that it can't be restored and working again. Albeit coming with patients, persistence or prayer.

I wish to share with others who are experiencing similar challenges, try not to engage negative emotions. Fear, anger, inpatients do not help your overall being and certainly, the good people at WAVE are not in the business of driving users over the moon. When a bank ceases to update, there is someone, somewhere, noticing it. It's jjst a matter of time.

I think that I get it now. When my bank does technical updates that the "third party" can no longer communicate with, WAVE users have to pause until the communication patch is installed by the "third party" before updates will be downloaded. Whatever this problem is, I bet you a coke this issue gets better. Thanks Charlotte for you kindness and communications here. Thanks WAVE for Charlotte.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@dnaleri19 @jeffo184 Thanks for reaching out and reporting your specific bank connection issues here. For reasons normally out of our control, our data provider and your bank may lose connection (this could be your bank is updating a security API, login URL, etc that our data provider has not been made aware of just yet). With that said, I have sent a manual ping up to our data provider in hopes that the connection will resolve itself within 24-48 hours. If you still notice that the problems are persisting, we can further escalate your specific cases through a support ticketing email and submit a request to our data provider to see what's happening with the connection. In the meantime, my suggestion is following this help centre article to upload your statements manually; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-

• earthwhileearthwhile Member Posts: 1

Hi there Wavers,
    I'm still hopeful you'll be able to solve login issues with ASB Bank in NZ. It's been about 6 weeks since login stopped working and the end of the business year is coming up in 2 weeks !! Bank website is asb.conz and the login URL is
    https://online.asb.co.nz/auth/?fm=header:login.
    It's been producing the "Your bank is not currently supported by Wave. " line on the bank connection box on dashboard.
    Hopefully we're not too small and far away to be bothered with down at the (nice) end of the world ;)

• gabehigabehi Member Posts: 4

Bank of Hawaii is still not working. It seems that there is a bigger issue than individual bank connections as there are so many reports in the past couple weeks. Is it time to migrate to quickbooks..?

• sunnyt713sunnyt713 Member Posts: 7

RBC Bank (US) has been down for over a week now as well.

• escudiescudi Member Posts: 1

Hi i also cannot connect to asb bank new zealand , i was connected and all was good , i have now deleted bank connection with bank in the hope to upload bank statements and cannot do that either , have tried every format possible , cannot upload to wave at all , so no accounts , please help! or any suggestions , have tried every option offered in help topics.

• surfingthewavesurfingthewave Member Posts: 5

I'll just add my voice to the chorus here: connection to Missoula Federal Credit Union is also not working, despite multiple attempts at disconnecting and reconnecting. Right now it says "last updated 49 years, 2 months ago," which would be sort of funny if it wasn't so frustrating. It seems many, many people are struggling with this same issue. Is there something system-wide going on? Is your third-party provider crashing?

I'm just about to move to a different bookkeeping platform -- should I? Or do you have any substantive answers for us?

• jkgoodthymefarmjkgoodthymefarm Member Posts: 1

Still having issues with my bank connection as well.
    Please provide the type of account: Checking Account
    the bank : Athol Savings Bank
    and the URL you use to log in to online banking: https://www.atholsb.com/tob/live/usp-core/app/initialLogin
    Haven't had any issues for two years. Checked with my small little hometown bank and they let me know nothing has changed with their security and website. Any help would be much appreciated.

• aclarkcustomsllcaclarkcustomsllc Member Posts: 5

@aclarkcustomsllc said:

@Charlotte said:

We're happy to take a deeper look into any problem connections. Please provide the type of account, the bank, and the URL you use to log in to online banking. Thanks!

Hello @charlotte,

the bank i use is Bank Midwest (https://www.bankmw.com/)
    it shows up as Bank Midwest (US) in Wave.

2 weeks and still not connecting to my bank...

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @aclarkcustomsllc - I just double checked on our end and it looks like our data aggregator is experiencing a 100% failed connection as of roughly March 6th, though with a lot of these errors that's not to say many accounts weren't experiencing the error before this date. Unfortunately there isn't an ETA yet, but feel free to check back with us to see if we do have an update about this timeline.

Effectively what can happen in these cases is, if the bank makes a structural update on their end, our aggregator needs to make similar adjustments so they/we can continue to offer the integration. But because there are so many banks, with a variety of protocols and infrastructures, our data aggregator isn't always able to keep pace, or is even notified of changes until the connection starts to turn up errors. My apologies about how frustrating this situation can be!

• KarmaliKarmali Member Posts: 1

Wave is having difficulty communicating with your bank. Try connecting again in a few minutes. If this doesn't help, visit our help center to investigate the problem.

BB&T Bank whats happening!!!

• eagleeyeautomotiveeagleeyeautomotive Member Posts: 1

i can not find Troy Bank & Trust in the search box when i search for banks and i don't know of any way to add it

edited March 19, 2019
  • SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @Karmali - just took a look at our service report and it seems that there is a site connection issue with BB&T Bank for a large number of users. The good news is our banking data aggregator has given an expected fix ETA of tomorrow, March 20th. I'd recommend trying to run through troubleshooting steps tomorrow if you don't notice an automatic fix, but feel free to reach out to us first to see if the fix was successful.

• acermortgageacermortgage Member Posts: 2

I am having connection issues with my bank (Beneficial Savings Bank). I spoke with my bank's internet banking department and with Yodlee, the service provider to Wave and the bank, and it does not indicate that there are any connection problems. The Yodlee representative suggested having Wave submit a request to have the connection with my bank reviewed for any issues. Given all of the below comments and problems others are having with their banks, it would be helpful to us if Wave could step in and release an announcement or some communication about these connection issues. The help center descriptions are cookie cutter and do not apply to many of our situations or issues. I hope someone is reading these comments and trying to provide assistance to Wave users. I have been successfully connected to my bank for more than 2 years and since last week, have not been able to make the connection. Is Wave working on these connection matters? I have spent hours on the phone speaking with my bank and Yodlee to get this resolved. I hope Wave can offer a bit more support in this area. The below comment is my exact issue and its been going on for more than a week.

@jeffo184 said:
    I've been using Wave without issue for months. Suddenly there's a communication issue with my bank. It's been going on for 8 days...It keeps saying that there is a communication issue that's usually resolved in a few days. It hasn't been resolved. When I click "update now" it says "checking security questions" and hangs there for a few minutes before going to error. There was never a place to enter answers to security questions. Is the problem that my bank is asking Wave a security question and Wave doesn't have the answer? How do I resolve this?

edited March 20, 2019
  • BillyBilly Member Posts: 28

@Samd said:
    Hey @aclarkcustomsllc - I just double checked on our end and it looks like our data aggregator is experiencing a 100% failed connection as of roughly March 6th, though with a lot of these errors that's not to say many accounts weren't experiencing the error before this date. Unfortunately there isn't an ETA yet, but feel free to check back with us to see if we do have an update about this timeline.

Effectively what can happen in these cases is, if the bank makes a structural update on their end, our aggregator needs to make similar adjustments so they/we can continue to offer the integration. But because there are so many banks, with a variety of protocols and infrastructures, our data aggregator isn't always able to keep pace, or is even notified of changes until the connection starts to turn up errors. My apologies about how frustrating this situation can be!

Could you advise how many accounts this may be affecting ? Would it have been a wise idea if on a large scale that perhaps an email could have been sent to people. ? I have 3 banks, with 2 working fine, but 1 hasn't connected in 3 weeks. HSBC.com.au. Error says this bank is not supported, however if i go to connect a new account, this same bank is still listed. Is this the same issue you mention above ?. Any clarity would be much appreciated.

• SoloAntSoloAnt Member Posts: 11

Hi Team Wave, I was on a chat about a week ago and was told it's most likely and issue with my bank, which now it seems like this is an issue with Wave possibly. I was told I need to contact my bank to see if they've updated things on their end...I wouldn't consider putting the work on your customers to see if there is an issue on the banks end great customer service—but that's another issue—let's get the bank connections working first, please.

Can you see if you are having issues with https://www.firstbanks.com/ in California?

I haven't been able to connect with the bank in 2 weeks / 2 days.

Much appreciated,
    Sol

• Tat005Tat005 Member Posts: 1

Issues with JPMorgan Chase as well - Every refresh requires I put in my number to receive a code. Receive the code and it connects and spins until it says everything is updated. A few weeks ago the credit card stopped updating transactions. Now today all 3 checking accounts aren't downloading transactions even though the balances are updated and Wave shows everything as updated. Numerous refreshes used to fix this, but not today.

• CGreenCGreen Member Posts: 1
  • aclarkcustomsllcaclarkcustomsllc Member Posts: 5

@Billy said:

@Samd said:

Could you advise how many accounts this may be affecting ? Would it have been a wise idea if on a large scale that perhaps an email could have been sent to people. ? I have 3 banks, with 2 working fine, but 1 hasn't connected in 3 weeks. HSBC.com.au. Error says this bank is not supported, however if i go to connect a new account, this same bank is still listed. Is this the same issue you mention above ?. Any clarity would be much appreciated.

Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed? its been 3 weeks since it went down.

• mbernardmbernard Member Posts: 2

I've been having trouble connecting with WWW.bankmw.com for a little over 2 weeks. Is this related to a larger wave issue? Any ETA?

• acermortgageacermortgage Member Posts: 2

Why are there no comments from a Wave team member on all of these posts and questions?

• rxinverstorrxinverstor Member Posts: 1

Connection issue now exits for several weeks with MidFirst bank based in Oklahoma City. Please advise when this might get resolved. Gets to "checking security questions" and fails. thank you

HI WAVE, I'd like to add another credit union to be reported to trouble shoot. Guadalupe CU, https://www.guadalupecu.org
    I opened a new personal saving account, with a loan account and a CD account. I have not been able to connect this account, albeit WAVE acknowledges Guadalupe CU, recognized for connection. Been trying since 3/18/19.

Paraphrasing Samd's post of Mach 18th below:

I get it how making connections with banks is quite technical. At the same time, banks must do things to protect there customers' accounts from hacking. As a result, the "banking data aggregator" has to keep updating their system each time a bank updates. This, I guess, is when we all stop getting updates. The exception that baffles me, is when the balances update, but no transactions download.

Hopefully, I am describing the issue of connection with my assumption here. Thus, the "banking data aggregator" has to receive some sort of notification when anyone's bank prohibits data downloads. Not so much prohibiting, just not answering the "door", when the "banking data aggregator" comes knocking. Eventually, over time, the bank recognizes the "banking data aggregator's" knock and invites them in. Transactions are downloaded successfully until the bank upgrades their security and the "banking data aggregator" has to figure out how to communicate once again.

I doubt that this explanation comforts WAVE users posting here, but for what it is worth, it would comfort me to know if this is the norm or the exception? WAVE user since June 2018.

The option of CVS downloads does not work for me as it takes to long to format the spread sheet and guess at the column order for the data, in order for it to correctly upload. With one week left in this month, I am crossing my fingers that I stay connected so that I can run end of the month reports, and the quarterly for the taxing authority. Sure, push to shove, I can manually impute the data, but that is not really the intended purpose for technology.

I like WAVE. It is user friendly. It is totally accurate. A great time saver and comes with a library of resources for its use and bookkeeping instruction. I used Quicken and QuickBooks for many, many years, both had their issues. I became disenchanted a few years ago, but could not find a suitable replacement. My accountant recommended WAVE to me last summer. I am grateful for the online program and for the price. I remain loyal in the hopes of a resolution of its one flaw.

• MASMAS Member Posts: 1

Hi wave, i have not been able to connect my Bank of Hawaii for almost 3 weeks now. please help https://www.boh.com thank you.

• SoloAntSoloAnt Member Posts: 11

@SoloAnt said:
    Hi Team Wave, I was on a chat about a week ago and was told it's most likely and issue with my bank, which now it seems like this is an issue with Wave possibly. I was told I need to contact my bank to see if they've updated things on their end...I wouldn't consider putting the work on your customers to see if there is an issue on the banks end great customer service—but that's another issue—let's get the bank connections working first, please.

Can you see if you are having issues with https://www.firstbanks.com/ in California?

I haven't been able to connect with the bank in 2 weeks / 2 days.

Much appreciated,
    Sol

Along with my bank, I'm now getting this with my Capital One CC as well.

Any updates for have this resolved?

Thanks,
    Sol

• LVeldsLVelds Member Posts: 2

I am having an issue with 95% of my transactions being sync'd with wave. How do I fix the last 5% of the problems?

I've tried "Update bank credentials" several times in hopes it would find the transactions in my bank account that don't show up on Wave.

Thanks

• Em_Em_ Member Posts: 1

Berkshire Bank has not synced for over 2 weeks: https://cibng.ibanking-services.com. There is a communication error. Could someone please check on this? Thanks.

Second request: HI WAVE, I'd like to add another credit union to be reported to trouble shoot. Guadalupe CU, https://www.guadalupecu.org
    March 15th, I opened a new personal saving account, with a loan account and a CD account. I have not been able to connect this account, albeit WAVE acknowledges Guadalupe CU, "recognized for connection". I have tried connecting every day since 3/18/19 to get this credit union connected. I am able to login to my bank, so, the credentials are live. Thank you for sending this credit union on to the "banking data aggregator".