How do I troubleshoot my bank connection?

Comments

• ImpiraniImpirani Member Posts: 12
    Cibc transactions showed up for me today. Seems problem is resolved now...others should confirm
  • ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Impirani , thanks so much for the update! Great to hear your connection is back in order! :smile:

• Shelagh_HShelagh_H Member Posts: 1

I haven't been able to connect to CIBC this week. Is it fixed for everyone else?

• petespetes Member Posts: 21

I've requested status on another thread

@Ryan_W This is the message I get:

• petespetes Member Posts: 21

I was mislead by the error message_ (see previous post)_
    It was that BMKO now forces passwords to change and you need to update the password in Wave. The status should use the "credentials fail" message per your documentation.

• Heli2Heli2 Member Posts: 2

CIBC connection hasn't worked for 3.5 weeks... Glad to see someone else posted it was working yesterday, but apparently not for everyone. This seems to be a constant battle. They don't seem to connect at least half the times I try - and I always have to hit "Update Now", as it won't update automatically like the rest of my accounts.

• lynnharmstronglynnharmstrong Member Posts: 1

going on 3 weeks, 3 days for no connection to CIBC for me. any idea when someone will be working on this?!

• bigredbigred Member Posts: 1

need to be able to add security question answer

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. The connection between CIBC and our Banking Partner is still being worked on, but in the mean time we've created a Help Center article that will give you some further context as well as provide you with a spot to check for updates surrounding the connection. Check the article out here.

@petes The BMO Harris connection has been an on-going issue between our Banking Partner and BMO Harris for some time now. I think this message stems from the fact that our Banking Partner has to pull data from BMO Harris, and if they're unable to and the issue seems to be system wide, they assume that the site is down. Hence the prompt to check your online banking. Essentially though, the BMO Harris connection is down site-wide and this is a known issue. Feel free to check back in down the line and we can see if it's up and running again.

@bigred Because we do use a third party data aggregator to make these connections available in Wave, we can only populate what our Banking Partner pushes to show. Please try refreshing this connection numerous times, as sometimes with enough refreshes, this will pull through all of the necessary security questions.

• sirinmesirinme Member Posts: 8

I haven't been able to connect with my bank, University FCU, in more than 4 days now. Keep getting following message --

"Wave is having difficulty communicating with your bank. Try connecting again in a few minutes. If this doesn't help, visit our help center to investigate the problem."

While 4 days is much shorter than 3+ weeks some of the folks have been seeing issues for, I'd still like to know if you guys are aware of the problem, and if so, any ETA?

• Pendle333Pendle333 Member Posts: 1

Have you been able to fix the RaboDirect link since they changed their name last month. Still can’t connect. And getting the error message there’s a technical error .... and we’re on the case

• obrosnahanobrosnahan Member Posts: 1

sirinme:
    I'm having the same problem with University FCU.

• KristianKristian Member Posts: 3

Hi Everyone, looks like my cibc (canada) worked today, fingers crossed moving forward

@obrosnahan said:
    sirinme:

I called University FCU customer service and they said nothing changed at their end. No restrictions have been placed on my account to prevent third-party access (Wave) to it. So I'm stuck in a limbo here. Need to pull monthly financials from Wave at month-end. Fingers crossed that the issue will get resolved by then.

@sirinme said:

@obrosnahan said:
    sirinme:

I called University FCU customer service and they said nothing changed at their end. No restrictions have been placed on my account to prevent third-party access (Wave) to it. So I'm stuck in a limbo here. Need to pull monthly financials from Wave at month-end. Fingers crossed that the issue will get resolved by then.

I tried re-entering my University FCU credentials in Wave multiple times with no luck. Also deleted it from bank connections, and now I can't add it back in due to this problem. :( Thankfully all my transactions are still in Wave. So I'm hoping all will be well IF I could add the account back in successfully.

• nsettlesnsettles Member Posts: 4

Hi, I'm having trouble with my PNC accounts which have not downloaded new transactions since May 2. I've done all the trouble-shooting steps, and spoken to Wave staff through chat twice, but still haven't been able to sort this out. Any thoughts?

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@nsettles there's a known issue with PNC and our data provider, and it's being worked on at the moment but I don't have an ETA. Thanks for hanging in here!

As for @sirinme and @obrosnahan I'm not seeing any known issues with University FCU, although this could just mean it's in the early stages of the issue being investigated. I'd give it a few more days, and then check in here so we can try to pull an update.

• nsettlesnsettles Member Posts: 4

@Ryan_W, ah, great - thanks!

• lrosenmanlrosenman Member Posts: 6
    I'm having issues with University Federal Credit Union:
    There is a communication error between Wave and your bank. This is usually resolved within a few days. If the problem persists or you would like to be notified when it is fixed, visit our help center.

What's up?

Looks like it last connected a week ago.
    edited May 16, 2019
    An update on my University Federal Credit Union issue -- I'm trying to add back the previously deleted bank connection. I'm now able to get to 2-factor authentication prompt, which wasn't the case before. But, after entering the code, Wave still gives me the same error message about communication problem with my bank. I don't know if I should feel happy that I'm at least able to get to 2-factor authentication screen now, but it's still frustrating that the connection addition doesn't go through.

I'm manually importing transactions into Wave for now (per suggestion from Wave support via online chat), but it defeats the very purpose of my switching to Wave from QB Desktop.

@Ryan_W, any update on this, please? Two weeks and counting!
  • shayesshayes Member Posts: 1
    Any ETA on the PNC fix? It lost the connection to both of my accounts there.

Hi @lrosenman & @sirinme . It looks like quite a few University FCU connections took a hit about a week ago but they're steadily recovering now. Try disconnecting and reconnecting your connection to get it re-established.

@shayes Still no ETA on the PNC fix, but it looks like it is being worked on by our Banking Partner .

> @alexlewiszarkos said:
    > Hi @lrosenman & @sirinme . It looks like quite a few University FCU connections took a hit about a week ago but they're steadily recovering now. Try disconnecting and reconnecting your connection to get it re-established.
    >
    > @shayes Still no ETA on the PNC fix, but it looks like it is being worked on by our Banking Partner .

@alexlewiszarkos No luck yet. Still the same issue. Goes to 2FA and then the same error message about connection. Tried after clearing out my browser cache, and also in Chrome Incognito mode.
  • BlueyBluey Member Posts: 1

I have also lost connection with ASB Bank New Zealand

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Bluey , thanks for reaching out! I have just checked on connections to ASB Bank New Zealand, it looks like our data provider is having some issues with this connection. The exact cause of the issue has not been stated, but they are working on it. In the meantime, can I get you to try some bank connection troubleshooting that is outlined in this Help Centre Article. If you are noticing no difference in the connection, you may need to consider uploading bank statements or one of our newer features, Wave Connect. I hope this helps!

• JamrJamr Member Posts: 37

Any word on NBKC bank? this was working for a few weeks and now it is not working again.

Thank you.

• Pearlrush ServicesPearlrush Services Member Posts: 8

Tried many times to connect with my bank but still unresolved??

Hi @Jamr and @Pearlrush Services . It doesn't look like we have any known errors with either of these banks. If you've completed the troubleshooting steps in the Help Center article above and you're still unable to connect, I'd encourage you to reach out in a Support Ticket to the team so somebody can further troubleshoot your issue.

I'm still seeing:
    Last updated 2 weeks, 5 days ago • Update now
    There is a technical issue between Wave and your bank. We're on the case. Attempt to update in a few days and if it persists, visit our help center to investigate.

with UFCU (ufcu.org). HELP. This is the *PRIMARY* account for my business.
    And I just deleted it and can't get it back. **NOT A HAPPY CAMPER**