[Dec. 1] Changes to Wave for users outside of the United States and Canada

167891012»

Comments

• snappyfishsnappyfish Member Posts: 55

@AlexL said:
    Hi @solo16 , I merged your comment into this thread so you can view our announcement (on page 1) regarding Wave in the UK and other areas outside of Canada and the US.

So you fully understand, we have no plans to limit or restrict access to your data, although if you are using Stripe through Wave we will be ending that connection on June 30th.

So, please. I would like to continue using wave as a UK user. I can lose stripe. Am I safe to think about this option? With no more worrys?

• Hot_GlassHot_Glass Member Posts: 45 ✭✭

@snappyfish said:

@AlexL said:
    Hi @solo16 , I merged your comment into this thread so you can view our announcement (on page 1) regarding Wave in the UK and other areas outside of Canada and the US.

So you fully understand, we have no plans to limit or restrict access to your data, although if you are using Stripe through Wave we will be ending that connection on June 30th.

So, please. I would like to continue using wave as a UK user. I can lose stripe. Am I safe to think about this option? With no more worrys?

You don't actually have to 'lose' Stripe, that's your own account with them, and here's what I've just started doing . . .

I tended to open up card payments for Australian customers that really had no other option, and in general 99% of my invoices just had the option for free (for me) bank transfers.

I used to use the 'card payment on' option for overseas transactions, for ease of the process and minimal cost for both parties

Now what I'm doing is using Wave for my accounts as usual, and (just did my third) Stripe invoices for anything overseas.
    It's simple, from your Stripe dashboard you just click Customers, then Invoices, and very easy to add minimal customers to your database there, as well as products as you go.

Costs for payment processing is the same as it was with Wave.

So, if you have minimal need for card payments from clients, but still want that in very occasional transactions, you can do it via Stripe invoices.

Just wondering (if any admins are still lurking on this thread) how long we will have to scroll down through the BOHO banner that's up the top of every page ?

• DLazarchukDLazarchuk Member Posts: 2

I'm the co-founder of Accounting Migration Service.
    We help companies transfer their data between different accounting systems in an automated way.
    Wave is one of the supported platforms.
    Will be happy to give you a hand.

• NozaNoza Member Posts: 1

Good Day,

That is very sad to hear. However, I have a question. Did anybody find a website (or software) similar to waveapps which will prepare invoices for several companies that are located in different countries (like Denmark, UK, Monaco, UAE and etc) and have its own jurisdictions? Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you!

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @Hot_Glass,

At the moment we have no plans to remove this banner, but I appreciate that it may be getting in the way! I've passed on your feedback about this, so thanks for bringing it up :smile:

@KiahD said:
    Hey @Hot_Glass,

At the moment we have no plans to remove this banner, but I appreciate that it may be getting in the way! I've passed on your feedback about this, so thanks for bringing it up :smile:

Just give people the option to hide it... really cant be that hard.

• LilyLily Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, I’m a user in Australia.

I don’t use the credit card payment function when sending my invoices, as I usually receive a bank transfer from the customer. My question is, will I be able to continue sending invoices through the wave app? (i.e., if I click “send invoice”, will my customer still receive an email notification to view the invoice? Will I still be able to see that they’ve viewed the invoice?) I know that “email support” is being removed, but I wasn’t sure if it was referring to user support or the email functionality in the app.

I think I can still use the wave app if I can still send the notification email with the PDF attached. Please let me know!
  • KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @Lily !

We haven't removed any invoicing functionality for our rest of world users, so you will still be able to send invoices through Wave, which gives customers an email notification. You will also be able to see when that invoice was viewed :smile:

To clarify, removing email support was specifically about no longer supporting rest of world users with troubleshooting and questions via email.

Stripe invoicing is working great for me for overseas invoices.
    Wave continues to work for me for my majority Australian invoices.
    Some nice tweaks of late with Wave functionality, so it continues to evolve in a good way in ease of use.
  • LeylaVILeylaVI Member Posts: 1

I'd just like to ask that this whole thing left me feeling discouraged. I attempted to migrate over to the Zoho, and it didn't take all the information, as one of the imports didn't work. I have since not done my taxes or annual reports that are required.

• tonytrumpet1tonytrumpet1 Member Posts: 2

I'm still sad about this months on - Wave is so intuitive to use and works! I would have gladly paid p/month for this. Just tried to set up another business within the account and can't change the address from Canada or US even though the dropdown menu for UK is still on there.
    For existing account holders, could you make this available?

• scadaminerscadaminer Member Posts: 1

Is it possible to invite a new user (e.g. Accountant) to view my non-USA based account? When they click on the invite link, the webpage asks them to create a wave account, but then there is the following message "It seems like we can’t create your business right now, please try again"
    How do i grant access for my accountant to view my Australia-based Wave records?

@Hot_Glass said:
    Just wondering (if any admins are still lurking on this thread) how long we will have to scroll down through the BOHO banner that's up the top of every page ?

@KiahD said:
    Hey @Hot_Glass,

Well, 7 months since my post above, and it's been quite a while since the changes, a year now.
    People have either gone to Zoho, moved on to other platforms, or using Wave differently.
    To leave the Zoho banner hiding the top portion of your screen there now is simply annoying.

@Hot_Glass said:

@Hot_Glass said:

@KiahD said:
    Hey @Hot_Glass,

Well, 7 months since my post above, and it's been quite a while since the changes, a year now.
    People have either gone to Zoho, moved on to other platforms, or using Wave differently.
    To leave the Zoho banner hiding the top portion of your screen there now is simply annoying.

They don't care 😬

@snappyfish said:

@Hot_Glass said:

@Hot_Glass said:

@KiahD said:
    Hey @Hot_Glass,

They don't care 😬

Probably right, can't blame them for leaving it there, no doubt Zoho get migrated users in some sort of deal done . . . and they probably have enough on their plate fixing other issues for the main markets of Canada / US.

• JHRED1JHRED1 Member Posts: 17

@Hot_Glass said:

@snappyfish said:

@Hot_Glass said:

@Hot_Glass said:

@KiahD said:
    Hey @Hot_Glass,

They don't care 😬

Probably right, can't blame them for leaving it there, no doubt Zoho get migrated users in some sort of deal done . . . and they probably have enough on their plate fixing other issues for the main markets of Canada / US.

I think, based on the apparent lack of responses on this forum and the withdrawal of support in general, that Wave is actually on a downward spiral. Soon that banner about Zoho will apply to everyone... US and Canada.

I have migrated the small organisation I had on Wave to Xero, where my other larger businesses are. I think you all should start to look elsewhere.

For me, a company which chooses to alienate and dump a huge section of it's customers without exploring the earning potential (I would have paid to stay with Wave) is not on stable ground or in safe hands.

A lack of vision, a lack of monetisation... Because of a fear of legislation?..

• PixelfixPixelfix Member Posts: 3

Has anyone tried Odoo?? https://www.odoo.com/

This seems to be a free FULLY functioning open source accounting software. Online or on desktop. But it is maybe a bit more complicated than Wave.

Just wonder how stable it will be or how long it will last.....???