[Dec. 1] Changes to Wave for users outside of the United States and Canada

Comments

• EGBEGB Member Posts: 2

We are a UK business and hoping to still be able to use WAVE for as long as we can due to its' speed and simplicity to set up and use. Of course we are disappointed that we have to move to another supplier for full services. We have already trialled Fresh Books which is almost identical to Wave how it is structured and how it works and 100% would be our choice.

• YvonneTYvonneT Member Posts: 3

How do I remove your notice - it is appearing on my statements?

• PaulCPaulC Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

@YvonneT said:
    How do I remove your notice - it is appearing on my statements?

Thanks for drawing our attention to this @YvonneT. I've passed this over to our engineering team to look at immediately.

• YvonneTYvonneT Member Posts: 3

Do I get a reward :D

• consultvickyconsultvicky Member Posts: 1

This is really going to affect Individual Proprietor/Advocate/Legal Professionals like me.

• Jerry_RABJerry_RAB Member Posts: 2

Does anyone have any good ideas for free (or very cheap) accounting solutions for the UK? I am treasurer for a non-profit community/hobby club. We really cannot afford to pay for most of the commercial software we have looked at.

• JoelrodriguezJoelrodriguez Member Posts: 3

Puerto Rico is a US Territory. Federal Law apply to us .. Are we still been excluded?

• Acco_wondAcco_wond Member Posts: 2

Goodbye Wave, Hello Bokio

• GeertGeert Member Posts: 7

I am located in the Netherlands where I found a service in Dutch. They can easily import my Wave data if Wave can provide me with an audit file with .xml extension...

Is it possible to provide an audit report in xml style?

• STMC_GrahamSTMC_Graham Member Posts: 7

@Jerry_RAB said:
    Does anyone have any good ideas for free (or very cheap) accounting solutions for the UK? I am treasurer for a non-profit community/hobby club. We really cannot afford to pay for most of the commercial software we have looked at.

Thanks to other recommendations from this forum, and after accepting that Zoho is not suitable for my needs, I will be moving to Bokio https://www.bokio.co.uk

They are based in EU but their service is more suitable for those based in the UK, with specific 'Make Tax Digital' and VAT features, and currently offering more than Wave did at no charge.

There is a special page on their website about migrating from Wave.

• STMC_GrahamSTMC_Graham Member Posts: 7

Finding Bokio makes me even more angry that Wave could not have done more to keep their non-US clients, instead of just casting them aside. Wave provided a free service but I was so pleased to be able to afford the fees for payment services because their other services were so affordable.

• Jerry_RABJerry_RAB Member Posts: 2

@STMC_Graham said:
    Thanks to other recommendations from this forum, and after accepting that Zoho is not suitable for my needs, I will be moving to Bokio https://www.bokio.co.uk

They are based in EU but their service is more suitable for those based in the UK, with specific 'Make Tax Digital' and VAT features, and currently offering more than Wave did at no charge.

There is a special page on their website about migrating from Wave.

Thank you, I will look at that.

• PuertoRico_1PuertoRico_1 Member Posts: 1

@hamdingers said:
    Hey! Puerto Rico is part of the US!

Why on Earth are we being aware of this?

Well as we can see most of corporations do business with Puerto Rico but they don't know anything about our history and economic and "commonwealth"/colony status with US. So we are good US citizen to pay IRS, Social Security, send billions of dollars to the US economy, Be in the army, Buy your productos and services, go to mega to your retailers; but wait! PR has an ocean between is not part of the US.

DO your History!!!!!!

• silvergemsilvergem Member Posts: 2

@prmsss said:
    This is such a disappointment. I would definitely also pay a monthly fee for this.

Btw: was anybody able to get rid of the major notification block about the change that's currently being shown on every page?

The product is becoming quite unusable already because of this minor thing - making me worry about what's gonna happen in the future. Such a pity.

I've created a user script that you can install on your browser to removed this banner

1. Install Tampermonker or your choice of user script manager
    2. Install this from greasyfork

The script is running when you this on your browser

edited December 10, 2020
  • madmanbeanmadmanbean Member Posts: 0

With having read the sad news that you are planning to abandon all Wave Users outside of the USA and Canada I set about looking at the alternative accounting packages available online including your suggested Zoho. Having signed up with a large number of them on trial subscriptions in order to test them out I can now report back and say that none of them offer the same functionality and ease of use that your system offers.

I and I am sure many others only use Wave for the invoicing facility which is excellent. Whilst it is free I would gladly pay a sensible sum per month to be able to continue to use just this facility which, being fully automated, would place no further burden on your facilities. If you multiple by desire to pay you to use this invoicing system and then multiply that income by how may more individuals who would probably be prepared to do the same you would be looking at an ongoing revenue stream of thousands of dollars every month for seemingly no extra effort on your part. This would surely help in financing your future plans and also keep so many of your devotees content. I urge you to rethink for our benefit and your own. Could I also ask you why this option is, at present feasible as I believe the invoicing system does not contravene any banking rules or constraints?

Hoping you will respond to say you have re-assessed this move and also that others may agree with my thoughts and suggestions.

• Muggles_SaraMuggles_Sara Member Posts: 2

I am by no means an expert but if I understand things correctly (and bear in mind that I'm based in South Africa, it may be different for wherever you are located), Wave have come to an agreement with Zoho to offer a year free to Wave subscribers migrating to their system. Thereafter, I would imagine that the pricing goes back to normal and if I remember correctly they offer a monthly or a yearly payment option. I know the one I'm interested in is the monthly one at R99.00 / month. I use Zoho inventory to handle my stock needs and it is brilliant. Takes a bit of setting up but once that's done it work fantastically. I'm actually really excited about moving over to Zoho as, as much as I LOVE Wave, now I can integrate my Zoho Inventory with Zoho Books which is going to make my life much easier. If it wasn't for the fact that Wave was free and Zoho Books wasn't, I would have moved over already, but as I'd just finished setting up Wave to work correctly, I didn't want to have to move everything and pay for the service. With a year free, I'll give it a try. I've just got to get the migration right and as with most things of this nature, it is learning curve and will take some time, trial and error. Anyway, hope this helps you and that it is also applicable for your area. Good luck :smiley:

• sacredabhisheksacredabhishek Member Posts: 1

very disappointing and I have to switch to Microsoft Money for personal accounting.

edited December 11, 2020
  • NyssaNyssa Member Posts: 1

Another option for Australians that I'm currently trying out at the moment is Rounded and so far I'm really liking it: https://rounded.com.au/

It is very similar to Wave, and Australian owned. Pricing is reasonable, and similar features.

edited December 21, 2020
  • Steve_IsaacsSteve_Isaacs Member Posts: 3

Firstly, I've been using Wave for close on 10 years - it has been the best online accounting package thus far & now u want to remove old clients like from from your system, just because I'm from South Africa and outside the US....

I think that is completely selfish & unjust - especially to those of us that have supported your system for 10 years

Zoho is crap & will not work for me - and WHY must either me or my clients now pay for an accounting service, where we've have a free excellent service for over 10 years - please explain that selfish decision

edited December 28, 2020
  • murrayzz1murrayzz1 Member Posts: 6

Free alternative accounting software that's much better than Wave

Hi everyone

I too am shocked and horrified by Wave's decision to abandon it's non-US customers when it could have easily levied a reasonable subscription that would have supported continuing in the EU.

However, every cloud has a silver lining, and in this case it's called Bokio. I've just discovered it. It is online, free forever, and BETTER THAN WAVE.

Specifically, as far as I can tell it does everything Wave does, plus it supports bank feeds and is MTD compliant. It also has a much better mobile app that allows you to view your accounts rather than just uploading receipts (it does that too, of course).

Wave's shoddy treatment of its customers should prompt everyone, not just non-US customers, to abandon it with all haste.

Sure, Wave was good software. But not any more. We all have an innate resistance to change, and sometimes that stops us from finding better alternatives.

So my last word to Wave is a big THANK YOU - for driving me away from your declining service towards a better alternative.

• DerekCreatorDerekCreator Member Posts: 1

This really is a shame. I have really enjoyed Wave! Its so easy to use and there just isn't anything else out there quite like it.
    I have discovered Stripe now offer a basic invoicing software. It is very clunky and could be so much easier to use buttttt.... its free and has the payment built in.
    Hope this helps someone.

• shadlockskips1shadlockskips1 Member Posts: 1

can i continue to use the app?

• SebastienBSebastienB Member Posts: 1

I hope they reconsider as well. Just starting a business in Australia at the moment and if that is the case, I'll be looking at another software.

• GeertGeert Member Posts: 7

For companies in the Netherlands you can check Digi-BTW https://www.digibtw.nl/inschrijven?signupcode=x1zzh

This program does your bookkeeping like Wave did but it does more. I am happy to pay a reasonable fee for all these extra features that will safe me many hours.

Digi-BTW can even import my files from Wave but they need this file in .XML type. Please, Wave, consider making our export files available in .XML !

edited December 13, 2020
  • SkafteSkafte Member Posts: 34

Unbelievable :( -don't think you can sell me over to Zoho! It'll never happen!

edited December 11, 2020
  • Drew_hackerDrew_hacker Member Posts: 3

I've been with Wave a long time, and will miss the ease of functions. It's been great to help you guys set up your business to the point where you don't need 'out of towners' like us to get your product to a good quality. Shame you didn't offer to charge us a fee. Oh well. Just a(nother) good example of why it's never a good idea to tie your business models to someone else's business models. I'd be interested in Zoho, but given the lesson just learned, I think I'll go with a stand alone product that's not relying on anyone else to get my invoices out and payments in.

Thanks for the years of free service all the same, that much is certainly appreciated.

• FatuimoanaFatuimoana Member Posts: 1

Still hopeful that our Wave Accounting profile remains active for sometime yet outside of North America. Easy to use, simple format and more importantly happy to pay a small fee if that is what it takes to keep the platform accessible to me.
    Thanks again for a great service so far, which I must admit is very generous in terms of cost.

• TreLeoniTreLeoni Member Posts: 2

If any of you like me are a freelancer in Germany (long shot!), this site might be of help to you in looking for a new solution. https://mademoisellein.de/english-accounting-software-in-germany

• Victor_TeoVictor_Teo Member Posts: 1

Please charge us a subscription fee and allow us to continue to use Wave. It is much neater than Zoho.

• WellsyWellsy Member Posts: 1

The silence from Wave regarding this situation is deafening.Looks like they are adopting the mushroom strategy....keep them in the dark and feed them bullshit.
    Merry Xmas from Australia