What are customer statements and when should I use them?

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageWhat are customer statements and when should I use them?

Customer statements allow you to summarize all the invoices and payments for a customer between two dates in a single view.  Send a statement to your customers if they have more than one invoice ou...

Read the full story here

edited November 27, 2018 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• josephjoseph Member Posts: 0

With Wave am I able to print out a balance sheet for a customer who has made monthly payments, and perhaps has missed some payments, etc.?

Joseph

• Elliot NewhamElliot Newham Member Posts: 1

I think that the closest thing to this would be a customer statement (sales tab).

there is no print option, but you can print from the page (it's easier to do from the customer view)

• DaleyDaley Member Posts: 1

wondering if wave has the ability to do customer statements ?

• henniehennie Member Posts: 4

I want to be able to send statements to all my customers on a monthly basis with one click.

• SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi @hennie, that's not a feature that we're currently planning, but we'd love to know more about your business! How many customers do you have?

• henniehennie Member Posts: 4

For now not many customers, so I can still manage. Doing a statement run on request is a feature of every accounting package out there. I do believe you should seriously consider it. The whole process of selecting customers one by one to send it is a waste of time.

• sgsteynsgsteyn Member Posts: 1

I want to second Hennie's post below. As with reoccurring invoices, I want to create reoccurring statements to be sent out each month

• ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

@hennie @sgsteyn thank you for the additional insight! I've brought this up to the team as a feature request!

• LionLion Member Posts: 2

Hi

Yes a monthly statement that runs automatically should be a standard feature.

Thanks for you great service

• futureuserfutureuser Member Posts: 2

Hi Team,
    I can follow up to guys, that should be a standard. Im not your user yet but I wll pick the service that will have this. It's hudge problem because I dont have time to ask clients to pay every month so I have a lot of overdues and a lot of my clients are loosing invoices etc - auto statement shall do the work and we would have more money faster :)

• futureuserfutureuser Member Posts: 2

And also. That statement shall have a links to invoices all the time so they can have access to them all the time if they missed email after invoice was generated.

• RudaRuda Member Posts: 1

Agree with Hennie, I am also not using it actively yet, I set it up to test if it will work. But receiving an invoice with only that months total is kind of useless. I want to sent a statement every month showing all invoices and payments for let say a year at least. So that the customer can see exactly what is outstanding on their account. I don't want to do this per customer. It must be recurring monthly.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Ruda , @futureuser and @Lion! I just wanted to step in here any thank you all for your great insight & context, these are things that are Product Team really looks for when making changes or updating features! We will be sure to update this thread as soon as we know more! Thanks :smile:

• AndrewCWAndrewCW Member Posts: 6
    How can I add in an outstanding amount in a customer statement? I have outstanding amounts due from invoices issued in a previous package and I am setting up to use Wave now.
    edited May 21, 2019
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @AndrewCW! Adding an outstanding amount owed would essentially need to be added via creating an invoice that's outstanding in Wave and technically overdue. From there, you would be able to see the total amount owing to you from the customer (based on the overdue amount) + other invoices that haven't been added as overdue. There isn't a way to manually add a total outstanding amount of what would need to be paid out to you, although this could possibly be something that we add in the future.

• AndrewCWAndrewCW Member Posts: 6

Thanks. I have gone that route and all is well.

• mekeylamekeyla Member Posts: 3
    Hi, Is there any way I can download the statement as a PDF and send it through my own email account, not through wave. If I send it through wave I do not get any feedback if the client did receive the statement.
    Kind regards
    Mekeyla
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @mekeyla . While generating a customer's statement, clicking send will open a drop-down menu with different options. You can use one of our supported email clients to send or send a share link in any way that works well for you so your customer can access the statement. Take a look at the picture attached below.

• mekeylamekeyla Member Posts: 3

Hi,

Thank you very much. I found it !

• OkapiOkapi Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    Are you not looking at creating a feature where one is able to send statements to many customers at the same time. For instance, you display the list of all customers; you tick the customers you want to send statements to (or you tick where it says select all); then you choose your dates range, then you click send statements and all the statements are sent. This will help a lot for someone who have many customers such as 500. Sending one statement at a time can take you ages to finish 500 clients. Sageone has such a features
    Hope to hear from you

Okapi
  • OkapiOkapi Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    When you create a feature of exporting the statement to a PDF file, please don't forget to include a space where one can include a standard message that can print on all statements that are converted to PDF. One can use such space to write the company banking details or to remind clients the terms and conditions of sale. This message should be something that you write once in the settings and it comes automatically in all statements.

Regards
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Okapi. As for the first part of your question, I've answered that in this thread here: https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/5041/emailing-statements-to-customers -- As for the second post, definitely something to consider when we're deciding to implement this to a future roadmap, we still don't have any immediate plans just yet though.

• LesleyLesley Member Posts: 2

How do I export a customer statement to a pdf format. Your invoice section allow pdf but your statement section does not have that function and most of my clients does not want to view it in their browser, and requested a pdf formatted statement.

edited June 12, 2019
  • LesleyLesley Member Posts: 2

How do I add interest for overdue invoices on the customer statements.
    Is there no way that the statement can be edited to add the interest manually

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@Lesley You can head to Sales > Customer Statements and screenshot the customer statement (and then convert it to a PDF) or grab the Share URL (under 'Send') and save it as a PDF after viewing it from that link!

You wouldn't be able to edit the customer statements from Sales > Customer Statements but if you download your Customer Statement through Wave Connect you could add this information to your Google Sheet!

• tlevecktleveck Member Posts: 1

Similar to @Lesley, please add the export to PDF for pretty much any report. Thanks!

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@tleveck Thanks for weighing in! We're listening o:)

• tksancheztksanchez Member Posts: 1

Hi I would like to also request an PDF download button for customer statements. I see about 150 patients per day, and at the end of the year many of them want a statement of visits for the entire year. Ability to print customer statements in PDF would make things so much faster. I would try to convert to pdf, but I am by myself at the office and don't have time. Thank you

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @tksanchez

Thanks for the context here on your feature request. Allows our developers to have more insight into the type of business owner who requires this feature and why.