What are customer statements and when should I use them?

Comments

• SocialTravelClubSocialTravelClub Member Posts: 1

Hi!
    I'm able to access the statements with outstanding balances, but it's not giving me the option to generate an account activity statement. The dropdown box only gives me one choice.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @ryantan . Thanks for pointing this out, let me make a correction to what was said previously.

Customer Statements should update automatically. This means that if you've generated a link, and a new invoice was created after this point, it should still appear in the statement.

• GraybuckGraybuck Member Posts: 6

I have the same deal with a small homeowners association. I too need to print to PDF.

More importantly, I'd like a true "open items" option for customer statements. The logic currently is wrong. Run a statement on the unpaid items basis and any credit balance invoice will be ignored (causing the customer account total to be incorrect). "Open items" should select all invoices with balances not equal to zero. The program currently selects only invoices with balances > 0.

• Jessy77Jessy77 Member Posts: 2

Hi, I just started using wave. How do I enter old customer invoices from previous years to be reflected in the customer statement / balance? I read the starting balance article but there is no mention on this topic. Please help. Thks

• SharonJMoore_4SharonJMoore_4 Member Posts: 2

i am wanting to print out all statements for our records at end of financial year - is this possible

• SharonJMoore_4SharonJMoore_4 Member Posts: 2

Another question - i started Wave in October 1 and i am sure i have made many errors - is it possible to print out the reconciliation sheet from 1 October to current date so i can see what i have done that is incorrect (try and balance it in total) - if so, please let me know how i do that. Thank you kindly

Hey @Graybuck . Very interesting use case here and I totally understand the need for it. Thanks for adding your two cents here, I've passed this info along to the team.

Hi @Jessy77 . You can enter invoices manually in the Invoices page, or you can enter a starting balance by following the steps in the article linked. You can also always add income or expenses without an invoice in your Transactions page, but to be clear, these won't be associated to a customer.

@SharonJMoore_4 Hi Sharon, you can definitely print out all of your statements, or you may be able to find the necessary information that you're looking for in our Reports page. There's no way to actually print out a reconciliation sheet, although I'd encourage you to actually use our reconciliation function in the software which should help you find any discrepancies you may have in your accounts.

• ORO_CBB4ORO_CBB4 Member Posts: 1

Hi! - Quick Question/Suggestion: Would you consider including ESTIMATES as part of Customer Activity so that we can view ALL activity/interaction with the Customers, including prospect/unexecuted interactions, when reviewing any Client Reports? If not, is there an integrative app that can do this with Wave? I am still just testing Wave, looking for the right kind of software best suited for my needs. It looks like Freshbooks has a 'Client Relationship Feed' that may serve my purposes better?

• shailesh1985shailesh1985 Member Posts: 2

HI, I JUST STARTED USING IT TODAY , AND it is indeed a great website. Please i wanted to know 1) Is there a possibility that there is a option of sharing the extracted PDF file through whatsapp to customers
    2)What we are usinfg is web based software , but do u have a software which can be downloaded and used on PC ?

• BrooksStudios_1BrooksStudios_1 Member Posts: 1

Hey Wave Team - Thank you for a great product & service here... I have a few Customers who have paid by check, where I deposited their check directly from my phone - I have connected their payments - now I want to send them a report of all the times that have paid for my services but when I click them and then select the dates I am not seeing any reports... How do I see a sendable report of the times they have paid for my services?

• Dalene_Meyer1Dalene_Meyer1 Member Posts: 3

I would like to see when last a statement was sent and read. Like what you can do on invoices.

• Dalene_Meyer1Dalene_Meyer1 Member Posts: 3

Can you add a footnote on a statement? My invoices and estimates has got footnotes just need to add to my statements aswell.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @ORO_CBB4

Thanks for this feedback. I can't promise this however you should know that our product team is always scouring the community for feedback so thanks for providing yours!

@shailesh1985

Just wondering if you checked out the link share feature. This should be able to be shared by text. Let us know!

@BrooksStudios_1

Just curious are you trying this from the reports section? Or are you doing this under Sales > Customer Statements? If the later, what happens when you select a customer and specific date range? Can you make sure your check deposit transactions are dated correctly?

@Dalene_Meyer1

Thanks for this feedback. Unfortunately as you may have already known this is not a feature available in Wave. Perhaps if you send with your email you may be able to see when it was sent through your sent folder? Also footnotes are not available in statements but if you send using email you should be able to add any custom message you like.

• gingernelsongingernelson Member Posts: 1

Will you be making bulk selecting/printing statements?

• DCopelandDCopeland Member Posts: 1

It would be great benefit if you could select options for bulk printing statements. Ex. all customers with outstanding balances or only customers with overdue invoices, etc.
    Thanks

• edincjedincj Member Posts: 5

hi.. will there be a way to generate a pdf version for statements like you are able to do with invoices.
    many customers especially small customers don't want internet links ad it leaves them without a way to create this link into a pdf when viewing a statement.
    how do you electronically file a statement after opening the link. its quite tedious to print this page as it looks like a web page and to screenshot and print means it needs to be cropped as well.
    is it not possible to create an "export to pdf" function inside wave.
    im sure so many people would love that.

Hi @gingernelson + @DCopeland . To be honest with you, bulk printing isn't something on our roadmap at the moment but we appreciate the feedback and I'd be happy to let the team know that we have two users requesting it.

Hi @edincj , PDF download is in fact currently available for Customer Statements :smile:

• Nikki43Nikki43 Member Posts: 1

@AlexL Can you please explain how to download the PDF of the Customer Statement as I have tried doing so. It seems the only way to do so is by right click and request to print to PDF but it downloads with the url. Is it possible to do it another way that does not show the url? Thanks.

• teresacteresac Member Posts: 8

1) Would you consider adding the customer statements message under settings very similar to how the standard memo for estimates and standard memo for invoices is already under settings? I would like to change my default to something other than Thank you for your business.
    2) Also, agree with some others who suggest that being able to bulk send out customer statements would be a wish list item.
    Thank you.

• teresacteresac Member Posts: 8

For those trying to get a pdf from customer statements, my current solution is to select the text starting with Statement of Account all the way through account due and right-click and choose Print and choose my pdf printer and it is good enough for my purposes and doesn't contain a link. I am using Chrome as my browser and have a pdf printer installed. Nikki, I agree that I can't find the download to pdf that Alex refers to either. @Nikki43 @AlexL

• edincjedincj Member Posts: 5

Hi Alex, you replied on the 06th that PDF downloads for statements was avaliable.
    i can tell you i have checked but i cannot see this function. im sure many here will agree... unless i have missed a step somewhere. Is it a process after its mailed or after its opened with the link created.
    im sorry but i dont think this function exists.
    await your favourable reply.
    Edin,

• DrSteveDrSteve Member Posts: 1

Hi. I'm looking at Wave as a replacement for AccountEdge, which is not compatible with the latest Mac OS. I like what I see with Wave, not to mention the price. The only hitch is that I'm a psychotherapist. We don't deal in invoices, we send monthly activity statements to clients. As far as I can see, Wave's statements aren't customizable, and the default language won't work for my business. Are there plans to add customizable statements in the near future? Thanks!

• JerryJerry Member Posts: 4

Can we still generate overdue statements only for a specific period like before? I love the new option of printing to pdf but can the option to only send for a specific period?

• Eddie_Gr16Eddie_Gr16 Member Posts: 3

Why the drastic change to customer statements, it was so simple now it doesn't allow my customers to view the link? When I try to create another it has way to much info included like activity, pass due I don't need all that, or at least let us choose all that if we want. Please fix this!

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone! For those of you that do not currently see the option for 'PDF download' on customers statements for full transparency, this functionality isn't yet available on your account. We are making some changes to invoicing platform that allows for us to develop and release functional updates, as well as address feature requests that were not previously available to our customers.

Users who have signed up after August 2019 will already have access to some of the newer functionality since their account was created after the update to our invoicing platform has gone live. These changes are currently being rolled out to accounts, but in order to preserve data and ensure as smooth a transition we will be adding this new functionality gradually!

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jerry! Overdue statements do not have the option to choose a select date range. Is there a reason you need to have a date selector here? I'd be happy to pass your feedback to our team for review! Any information about why this is important to you or your business is useful for our team to reference :)

Hi @Eddie_Gr16! If you have noticed a change it is likely your account has gone through the process of to have the new functionality added. Your customers may not be able to view the link for statements sent recently as they were sent before the change. You should be able to resend a statement via link under: Customer Statements -> More Options -> 'Share Link'.

• Eddie_Gr16Eddie_Gr16 Member Posts: 3

EmmaP, my statements now have more information on them that I want, I just want my weekly statements to show my customers invoices for the week and total amount due for that week, now it has invoices paid and over due invoices. Anyway I can eliminate all the extra info?

Thank you

Eduardo

• TimRomeroTimRomero Member Posts: 1

Is it possible to add in the Summary from you invoice on your Customer Statement?

• NS_AS_2020NS_AS_2020 Member Posts: 1

This new customer statement report is AWFUL! I need to be able to generate a date range for outstanding invoices as I charge my customers monthly even though services are ongoing. We bill insurance as well and often have to wait for payment from them to then bill the customer. This is why the option to have a date range is so important. I see other customers have had the same issues. Is there any way WAVE can fix this so we can generate statements how we used to be able to with a specific date range?

• LauraHMLauraHM Member Posts: 4

It seams that you have change the customer statement report sometime in February. I sent my my customers their statements on the 1st or 2nd of every month. So on February 1st I sent January statements with the old format you had. Now my customers cannot access those statements since those links don't work anymore! what a problem! Not only we haven't received a single payment this month but is also embarrassing with my clients. You should have at least gave us some notice about this change and about this huge glitch in the software.
    I now have to re-send all statement to my clients, only to find out that I cannot select a date range for the statement. Huge problem!!!!! I need to be able to select a date range!!!! The other option, Account Activity, has the option to select a date range, but that includes information that is confusing and the amount does not match what the clients owe.
    I will have to migrate to another software that meet my needs.
    I am very disappointed.

edited February 20, 2020