What are customer statements and when should I use them?

14567810»

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @withmission2020 , if you're attaching customers to your income transactions, you can generate an Income by Customer Report and filter for the specific customer. This would be the closest thing to a customer statement for donations that Wave supports at the moment.

Hey @Bobbib , we actually have a super handy Help Center article on accounting for overpayments which will do a similar thing for you. Check it out!

Hi @erichhdschmitt , customer statements are based on what you have recorded in your invoices so I'm afraid you would need to create invoices for balances to appear on your Customer Statement.

• McKeenConsultMcKeenConsult Member Posts: 1

Is it possible to have these emailed automatically? Could be based on a number of days outstanding or just a set day each month when invoices are open?

• berajberaj Member Posts: 4

Customer statement activity shows no data for paid transactions.
    I need to generate an activity report for non invoiced transactions for each customer. this is not working.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @McKeenConsult , at the moment, it's not possible to have your customer statements emailed on an automated cycle.

Hi @beraj , the Customer Statement only shows activity through paid invoices and the customers that they're associated to. Are you adding your customers to transactions in your Transactions page? If so, I'm afraid that these aren't recorded on the Customer Statement unless there's an actual invoice associated with it.

edited March 9, 2021
  • berajberaj Member Posts: 4

So what is the mechanism to report on non-invoiced donations?

@AlexL said:

Hi @beraj , the Customer Statement only shows activity through paid invoices and the customers that they're associated to. Are you adding your customers to transactions in your Transactions page? If so, I'm afraid that these aren't recorded on the Customer Statement unless there's an actual invoice associated with it.

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hey @beraj if you've been adding customers to non-invoice donation transactions under the Accounting > Transactions page, you can generate an Account Transactions report listing out all of the transactions that the customer is associated with.

To generate this report, click into Reports > Account Transactions (General Ledger) and select the customer's name from the "Contact" dropdown list:

• David_BDavid_B Member Posts: 1

Trying to create a customer statement. Has been ok in the past but currently when I select Customer and Outstanding invoices, it shows the loading circle, changes the size of the window a couple of times then reverts back to how the screen initially loads up.

• RuseasRuseas Member Posts: 1

It would be helpful to be able to generate a customer statement which shows cash donations without having to setup an actual invoice. This is important for not-for-profits. Is that something that could be configured?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @David_B !

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to generate your customer statements. This sounds like a browser issue as I am not experiencing the same behaviour in my test account. Moving forward, I suggest trying some basic browser troubleshooting steps. I hope this helps!

Hello @Ruseas !

Thanks for reaching out about this and sharing how this functionality can help you and your business. At this time, customer statements are directly linked to invoices. For full transparency, we do not plan on implementing such functionality on our current product roadmap I'm afraid. With that being said, I want you to know that we are not dismissing your input here as our product and development teams frequently revisit our existing features for improvements. Thanks again for reaching out about this.

edited March 19, 2021
  • IrrigoIrrigo Member Posts: 1
    I have a client that keeps getting $0.00 balance owing as he owes me nothing. Never seen or had this happen before. Please tell me how to stop this as it is annoying to him.
  • KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @Irrigo , if your customer does not have any outstanding amount due to you or any amount owed to them, a statement balance of $0.00 would be correct. If your customer does not wish to receive a customer statement with a $0.00 balance, you can choose not to send the statement to your customer.

• PRSindustiresLLCPRSindustiresLLC Member Posts: 1

This is an awesome add-on however the app should let us choose which outstanding statement to include. So if I have a 5 pending statements for the same client but I want to include only 4 in the statement summary, i can't because no matter if i change the payable date, it still appears.

thanks!

It is still AWESOME and very productive.

• stjstj Member Posts: 2

A customer mistakenly overpaid an invoice. Rather than refunding this regular client the amount was retained as a credit for future work, however I am encountering the following problems

1. there is no way to record credit notes in wave

2. the next time i created an invoice it shows as outstanding for the full amount, even though when I produce a statement it correctly shows a $0 balance on the account, but the individual invoice still shows as outstanding (unpaid)

3. in order to fix this i have added a negative amount on the invoice to show that the invoice has been paid but now when I create a statement for the client it is wrong

hopefully i will remember what has happened but shouldn't there be some correlation between customer account balances and invoices?

Also, the only way to see an account balance for each client is to go in and manually create a statement for their entire recorded history, since the outstanding invoices feature shows only the individual invoices on their own, not in relation to account balance. (IE not including any over or underpayments. )

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @stj !

If you ever have a customer make an overpayment by mistake (or intentionally), you can record it and apply the funds to future invoices using this workflow:

This should help you keep your books organized and balances correct!

edited June 3, 2021